AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Just Starting

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleighDoll

Cam Model
Jan 20, 2020
NYC
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@HaleighDolly
MFC Username
HaleighDoll
Hi everyone,

I am very new to this. My profile is made, I am all ready to go but I have no idea what I am doing. I am terrified that I will start streaming and just sit there like a zombie. There are tip menus everywhere as well as advice however, what do you do when you start? How does this work? What are you supposed to do? What are people expecting? I think I am just looking for some direction from people who have been doing this longer than me (about a day).

Thanks everyone!
Haleigh Doll

This isn’t directed at you but to ALL the women and men who come here asking the same thing. and more so recently as more people are turning to this as it has more recognition in popular culture and acceptance as a “job”.

Do whatever you want. That the is point of successful webcam girls. We are women, being ourselves, doing what we like. Identify your motivator for being online. It can’t only be money Or having a job. You won’t last. It’s too hard to keep going when you aren’t making much. So watch other girls and see how they share their reality or chosen persona. Think about who you are and why anyone should watch you. What is your sexuality you are wanting to share.? What is your personality you want to share? What do you want to do with men via the internet? Cause these are real, mutual, sexual experiences with men wanting that. What do you enjoy as a normal human? How can you share that online? What parts of yourself (Looks, personality, sexuality, interests etc) can you heighten or highlight or make your focus?

Girls come and go all the time cause they come at this as a job. They have done the research on the “job”. They are “prepared”. But it’s not a job. It’s a way to share yourself with a audience and some are lucky to make money from it. Maybe if you’re lucky enough to make enough money it can become a career. So figure out what you want to share and why you want to do this outside of having a job. No one else can tell you that or answer any of the questions I, or you, posed. Unless you make your room your own you will be just another girl jobbing it and you won’t have fun and it won’t be sustainable.

To answer one question specifically. The men know each girl is different so there are no expectations. Yes they do all have their own expectations. But every man and what they want is different. There is a lid for every pot. What they are expecting to do is browse a lot of girls and find one they want. So offer them a version of yourself you believe in. You have to sell your product and that is much easier if you believe in it. You won’t ever make everyone happy so don’t worry about what the men want. Do what you want and the right people will come to you.

My story is that i was addicted to Chatroulette and discovered a way to have more than one man watch me and get off to me showing off, at the same time. That way was MyFreeCams. 9 years ago. I love it as much today as I did then, as sharing my sexuality and body is my passion, art and joy. I was lucky to be successful from the start because of that. My first few shows on cam were me dancing and getting myself off when and how I liked. I didn’t have goals. I had no concept of earning money from it or asking for tips to do anything. I didn’t even believe it was real and that the money would get paid out to me. I just did it for fun. 12 hours a day. Every day. Obviously the money turned out to be real. For the first year I was probably more excited to get on cam and show off than the men were to watch me. I moved sites a few times over the years and now My home is streamate. 9 years after I started I’m still evolving all the time, learning, growing and changing what I do on cam, in alignment with who i have become outside of camming, how my sexuality has evolved and what I am passionate about.

So decide why you want to be a cam girl. And then you will know what to do on cam.

A practical bit of advice and something I still do most days. Put your cam on. Use obs or your webcam software. Even record it if you want and watch yourself. It's basically a warm up/practice/dress rehearsal. Play your favorite music and get sexy with yourself. Dance around or whatever you enjoy and watch your self while you do it live. Watch back the recordings after. Refine what you see if you don’t like it. Enjoy watching yourself. Do what you think looks good on cam for you and/or do what feels good to you and let your Real pleasure or joy show through. Watch yourself. In the end youre The only one who is going to be seeing every second of every stream you do so make yourself and your show what you enjoy and take joy in watching yourself do, else it will be a struggle mentally.

It’s not a easy thing to do, live streaming. Every day I’m amazed at the balls and talent and perseverance it takes to be a cam girl. But it’s your room. Your rules. You get to have a space and community built around you and what you want. And that’s very exciting.

I hope I didn’t come off too hard or harsh. I’m British, plain spoken and been around this community for 9 years and don’t often speak up. but I wrote this And re read it like 8 times and I think instead of deleting it I’m gonna go for it and post it as I think it could be helpful for newbies to read.

Last edited:
Nice post @Sky_Smith . I thought it was super thorough and deep. Obviously you put a lot of work into it. I am also British, and didn't see anything wrong with it at all, very kind of you to take the time out like that. I've been doing this 5 years, and I felt like I learned from it too.

Reactions: Sky_Smith
@HaleighDoll It's normal to feel anxious. Honestly, after 5 years of doing this, I still do, before every show and streaming day. You won't need to worry though, you as an individual have something that will draw the right people to you. Something that no other cam person has, that is just you (hope I am expressing this concept clearly, I'm having trouble putting words to it today, rough day). Some days I really don't feel like talking on cam at all, so I just smile, and put music on and move around a little. Other days I am really chatty, but I don't do games. I think you will get your own following, just based on whatever you do. Like seriously, guys will join a site, just for one girl. Idk what site you are trying, but I am on streamate, and there is less of an emphasis on chatting during free, which can be nerve wracking. However, you would also be surprised at how natural it comes to you, once the cameras roll. I hope it all goes well for you. You will find your niche, and your style, as you cam. As long as you stick to the TOS of the site you are on, there is very little you can't do. Hope this helps. Would love to know how it goes for you.

Watch other models and see what's going on. You have to figure out what your vibe is. Are you comfortable completely nude in public chat? Do you feel ok using toys? Do you want to keep some of that just for privates? Do you have a room setup?
One thing I noticed when watching other models (before I started), is that you don't have to know what you're doing- but more so what to watch out for. You are a target with a New badge. I was scammed in the beginning, some members will try to get away with everything they can because they don't think you know any better- so KNOW BETTER. There are fake tips, promises of 'do this and then I'll give you this', etc. Don't bother with Skype shows (you WILL be asked) until you have a handle on your room- it's just another avenue for scams as a newbie. Do a basic tip menu.
Honestly, you may stream once and never return, so get on and see how it goes and how you feel about it. I had a friend buy all sorts of cam equipment and cam clothes just to stream for maybe 3-4 times and hate it. It just is not for everyone- and that's ok.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.