AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Keeping it professional after being too close

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MsNikkii

Cam Model
Jul 25, 2012
Twitter Username
@MsNikikiiLee
MFC Username
MsNikkii
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/12/NikkiiLee/
Hey guys. So I've been camming on and off for so many years. Like seven in total on myfreecams. I've kept in contact with some members over the years through Whatsapp and emails and whatnot. How would you approach the following situation? This man was one of my biggest tippers and supporters over the years. There's been time where I've skyped with him face to face without "charging" for anything due to the fact that he's contributed alot to room tips and he's just bought me a $200 VS gift card just a couple of days ago. I'd like to move away from doing private shows and focus more on doing public or offer club based shows and content. This man wants to have a skype session soon and he wants me to "direct" an idea for pictures over skype. I've always always felt such dread and obligation having to Skype with this man and seeing his face but he's been such a good friend and great supporter of mine. I've even went on to visit him once(platonic meetup) and now he's been trying to get me to go visit him again(and keeps suggesting having sex or having him use toys on me) and but I always give him the roundabout i.e. my main job won't allow me to take more than two weeks vacation per year so I have to dedicate that time to spend with family etc. I honestly just don't want to be chatting one-on-one with this man anymore. I just want to be a happy camgirl and don't want to offer anymore privates with fans. Only for special occasions where I would raffle it off. How do I announce to this man I don't want to skype with him? At this point the amount he spends in tips at the end of the day isn't even worth it to skype with him. I'd be making way more of we had a TruPvt session on MFC. I feel like I'm getting jipped. Please help a fellow camgirl.

Not a model, but a member from MFC. I think your last few sentences sums it up nicely. It's no longer enjoyable to you, and want it to end. So, why continue to put yourself through it?

One model I know on MFC recently posted on her Snapchat that as of a certain date, she was no longer going to be doing privates. She also put this on her profile and whiteboard. It was a couple of weeks out, which gave some people time to schedule if they wanted. Perhaps you could do something similar and keep it in a general format where you're no longer accepting Skypes &/or TruePrivates? You can either make it immediate, or set this date to be a short time in the future. With him, you could just be up front and explain to him you're no longer comfortable.

He may or may not take it well. But, in the end, if he really cares about you as a person he will understand. If he causes problems, you can just ban him outright and by all means keep any/all communications you've had with him in case it gets worse so you can report him to MFC &/or the authorities if it gets that bad (hopefully not!)

You’ll have to just be straight up with him If you want to tell anything—that you aren’t comfortable anymore and don’t want to interact with him on this level. I’d rather be direct about it than trying to put it nicely to him at this point . He’s taking advantage of you and ultimately sabotaging your work by killing your mood. State your boundaries and that things will be different and if he gets lame block him everywhere.

If you’re dreading any interaction with him I’d just block/ban him at that point . I’ve let pushy, controlling regulars boss me around far past their expiration date because I wanted to be accommodating and they paid me well in the past and I was afraid I wouldn’t make money without them when that isn’t true at all and feared the bullying/retaliation. As I grew more experienced as a camgirl (6 years) I don’t take any shit now. I block anyone who makes me feel uncomfortable even if they’ve paid me before and I’ve been so happy as a result. This is YOUR world, your room and in the end people don’t even need explanations as to why you ban them or why you don’t want to do something.

Hi ForceTen, that's a really good idea what that model had done to shift away from doing privates shows, and to announce to members to give them a last chance to do privates. I'm going to do that! It really hit home when you said it's no longer enjoyable for me and that I shouldn't put myself through this. I almost feel like this relationship with this member has been toxic for so long I'm just realizing now in my life that I should be caring more about my own happiness than the comfort of toxic people surrounding me. I'm not going to feel guilty about expecting to be treated the way I want to be treated. I'm going to muster up the courage to tell him I don't want to skype anymore and that I don't feel comfortable. But he's always said things like "when have I ever been rude" or "lady's choice" almost as if he's trying to insinuate he's a good guy and that he's always had good intention. But deep down inside for years, as long as my camming career I've dreaded having to encounter this man(in person) and the time that I finally met him I faked having my periods (sorry tmi) because he took me to some type of clinic where you can get a blood test to check for STDs. I guess you call those a testing agency. So he was already thinking he'd be getting in my pants that first time I visited him. Luckily he is repulsed by the idea of having sex with a woman in her periods so that kept his hands off me and we enjoyed our time together by going to the circus and the restaurant. But boy believe me I was happy to be back home after that trip. Reason why I decided to go see this man was because I was in between moving places and I thought maybe going to visit him I'd save up on some money without needing to spend on temporary accommodation in my city. But honestly after seeing him I just never want to go back and visit because for sure this time he would want to have sex. In my chatroom I've had him get all ampted/fired up because he's "the only tipper in the room" or that other members just like to chat but don't tip. Then he sorta brags how's he's the only one supporting me. It's just not very pleasant at all. But you're right. At the end of the day I have a feeling he will have to respect my choices and if anything yes I've kept email communications to keep him at bay if I ever needed to get the authorities or MFC involved.

Last edited:
Hi Carmita Bonita, your reply is helping me tremendously in a time of despair and uncertainty for me(emotionally) . I'm litterally in that situation right now where I'm allowing this person to do what they want simply because he's "paying". You're absolutely right. This is MY WORLD. I should not allow one man to drain my energy and spirit. I took a break from cam for a long time then I just posted new 4 videos a couple of days ago and am starting off fresh with a new username and new look. I had not logged in yet but I've made sales already more than 2000 tokens in two day on MFCshare without logging in to cam on MFC. I was so happy and in a fantastic mood until I saw his Whatsapp message asking when is a good time to Skype. I announced to him of my new username last night then he tipped me for one video purchase offline. It totally killed my mood for the day and caused unnecessary stress. Honestly it's so true that there will always be other members and new rippers around. Life is like a boat, people hop on board then come and go. I'm really happy you took the time to answer my post regarding my situation. It's giving me courage to give camming another shot despite all these years of inconsistencies because of these people in allowing to overstep my boundaries and control my emotions. I will not allow these people to invade my space anymore. Thank you so much for answering my post today guys. It was the very thing I need to move on in my life and with my camming career and start anew.

Hi ForceTen, that's a really good idea what that model had done to shift away from doing privates shows, and to announce to members to give them a last chance to do privates. I'm going to do that! It really hit home when you said it's no longer enjoyable for me and that I shouldn't put myself through this. I almost feel like this relationship with this member has been toxic for so long I'm just realizing now in my life that I should be caring more about my own happiness than the comfort of toxic people surrounding me. I'm not going to feel guilty about expecting to be treated the way I want to be treated. I'm going to muster up the courage to tell him I don't want to skype anymore and that I don't feel comfortable. But he's always said things like "when have I ever been rude" or "lady's choice" almost as if he's trying to insinuate he's a good guy and that he's always had good intention. But deep down inside for years, as long as my camming career I've dreaded having to encounter this man(in person) and the time that I finally met him I faked having my periods (sorry tmi) because he took me to some type of clinic where you can get a blood test to check for STDs. I guess you call those a testing agency. So he was already thinking he'd be getting in my pants that first time I visited him. Luckily he is repulsed by the idea of having sex with a woman in her periods so that kept his hands off me and we enjoyed our time together by going to the circus and the restaurant. But boy believe me I was happy to be back home after that trip. Reason why I decided to go see this man was because I was in between moving places and I thought maybe going to visit him I'd save up on some money without needing to spend on temporary accommodation in my city. But honestly after seeing him I just never want to go back and visit because for sure this time he would want to have sex. In my chatroom I've had him get all ampted/fired up because he's "the only tipper in the room" or that other members just like to chat but don't tip. Then he sorta brags how's he's the only one supporting me. It's just not very pleasant at all. But you're right. At the end of the day I have a feeling he will have to respect my choices and if anything yes I've kept email communications to keep him at bay if I ever needed to get the authorities or MFC involved.

Wow, am very sorry to hear that you've had to ensure all of that with him. I can never understand why people take advantage of, or play games with, those they supposedly care about. He just sounds bad all around, especially with what you said he did when you went to visit.

The whole thing about testing, and expecting sex.. Really? WTF?! Admittedly, there's a couple of models I think would be cool to meet, hang out and shoot the shit with over a couple of drinks. But, would never have the nerve to think it'd go beyond that as would feel incredibly lucky just to hang with them for a while. While I've never met a cam model in person, I have met other people I've gotten to know online and it was like long-time friends meeting up after separated for a while. At the same time, I can't say I'd expect meeting a model to ever happen due to security concerns of theirs. Which, I'm fine with.

I think there's a time and a place for saying something like "Lady's choice", as I say it as well. But, it's truly meant in her best interest and would be okay for me. Some people use it condecendingly, which is how it sounds like he did. He definitely sounds like someone you're better off dropping out of your life.

Jus so many wrongs on things with this member. Wish you the best of luck in cutting ties with him, and moving to where you want in your room.

As an FYI, there was a couple of recent threads talking about privates over public chat. Here's a link to one of them if you're interested: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/privates-on-token-sites.35314/

Again, best to you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.