AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Kudos to whoever at CB came up with this idea

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gringo_pete

Banhammered
Jul 6, 2021
This was the first time I'd ever come across this warning message. In my case though it was a false alarm, the provider delivered as advertised đź‘Ť

wtf_warning.jpg

It's been there for as long as I can remember.
It's useful but can also be damaging to new models just starting out. I know a model who got this because one of her earlier tippers thumbed her down because he felt she should have stayed topless when he tipped for "flash breast". Most girls who get this dont stay on cb for much longer.
Theres only one girl I know who's managed to stay (fuck knows how as she does scam) on cb for such a long time with this notice.

• Helpful!
Reactions: schruti
Upvote 0
It's been there for as long as I can remember.
It's useful but can also be damaging to new models just starting out. I know a model who got this because one of her earlier tippers thumbed her down because he felt she should have stayed topless when he tipped for "flash breast". Most girls who get this dont stay on cb for much longer.
Theres only one girl I know who's managed to stay (fuck knows how as she does scam) on cb for such a long time with this notice.
Gues i know her .... very shy_??????????_

Upvote 0
Yes, often new models get thumbs down because of communication problems.

Also, my impression is that new models often attract the worst visitors, cowards who would not dare annoying an experienced model with a loyal audience, but are brave enough to make a beginner feel bad.

Upvote 0
Every visitor can vote for the model, either up or down, once a day, after tipping at least 25 tokens that day. Models need about twice as many thumbs up than thumbs down, else their visitors get that warning.
AFAIK (maybe they changed it since 2019) that warning appears ONLY if the model has a score under 80% AND she chooses to disable the displaying of the score(ppl can still upvote/downvote, only the percent is not shown).

No warning appears if she lets the score visible (the percent will be displayed in red).

The entire score system has multiple flaws IMO but then again no system is perfect.

I always thought low about ppl that leave downvotes, some even go as far as bullying new/inexperienced models with it. You are unhappy and no way to solve that by talking with the model? Find another, plenty to choose from. If you tipped big and got scammed, and you are sure it wasn't a misunderstanding - settle it with Support, and move on to better models. Next one might be your dream girl :happy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I always thought low about ppl that leave downvotes, some even go as far as bullying new/inexperienced models with it. You are unhappy and no way to solve that by talking with the model? Find another, plenty to choose from. If you tipped big and got scammed, and you are sure it wasn't a misunderstanding - settle it with Support, and move on to better models. Next one might be your dream girl :happy:
Very rarely, if I am sure it was scam, I might leave a downvote. Of course I'll try talking to the model, and when she kicks me, I still assume in her favor that she just tried to PM me and she hit the wrong line. If I contact her through another account and I offer her to explain her how to remove that ban which certainly was not intended, and I get kicked again, chances are extremely low that she scammed, then kicked and then kicked again without intending exactly that.

Luckily, these are very rare exceptions, thus in the very most channels I can vote up without bending the truth too much.

Upvote 0
I almost never downvote. It does more harm than good, IMO.

If the model just wasn’t very good or was rude, or oblivious or something like that, I just move on. Downvoting wouldn’t make me feel any better, and could potentially do more damage than necessary for the model. I’m just looking to have a little fun; no need to ruin somebody’s day.

The only time I could justify downvoting is in a situation where I’d want to be warned, if I was another member. Which I’d limit to blatant fraud attempts or something where it was clear the issue wasn’t miscommunication or an honest mistake. But that’s pretty rare, in my experience.

Upvote 0
I only ever downvoted once, I tipped a model for toy control and 1 minute later she went to a private, I explained my reasons in the downvote in the comment field, and told her I would reverse the downvote if I got the control tip when she streamed next. Next stream I entered her room, she didn't acknowledge me.

The matter was too small for me to consider a complaint to support, but it didn't make me feel good giving her a downvote

Upvote 0
Not an expert, but I confirm what others have said. It's always been there as far as I can remember. For me, that message popped up once before starting a private, though. Not before tipping. I remember I had a different experience. I chose to dismiss the warning and it turned out It would have been better If I had followed it.
I believe this message will pop up even if a model chooses not to show her ratings.

Upvote 0
I almost never downvote.
Me neither. In that case I believe it was what you would call a model multicamming on different platforms. In fact, once in private, she didn't even paid attention to the chat, I remember. Surely, she didn't play her cards well. I guess guys before me had been pissed off by her behaviour and therefore downvoted her. So I guess cb can't obviously force models to cam only there, wouldn't make sense, but, on the other hand, can't prevent members from downvoting, should they have a bad experience. Wouldn't be fair if they did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Speaking of thumbs up/down, it just occurred to me that when I click the "satisfied" thumb icon it changes to yellow and I see something like "your confidential vote blah blah blah", but the thumbs-up count doesn't increase by 1.

Is this (yet another) bug in CB's code caused by the user being logged in via their join-up affiliate? :wacky:

Upvote 0
You can change your vote from up to down or from down to up for a certain time.

And your vote is visible after a certain time only, not immediately.

I think both times are about 24 hours, but I am not sure about that.

Upvote 0
to be frank, that's a "shi loa of cra" simply because one can enjoy performer's activity and another could not enjoy as much.
"not everyone likes pineapple pizza"
Why most of the platforms tend to kiss tipper's "dark hole" ? Yea, I know they throw $$$ on platform's pockets but if performer's are crashed with crappy ideas (let's implement warnings maybe we could reduce chargebacks) ... There's no balance between... only sides.
Platform > webcam performer > tipper
platform facilitates the environment, webcam performer DOES the hard work > tipper is the end consumer and it seams the focus is mostly on tipper
PS: yes I know I generalized and pushed the idea a bit into extreme area but it seams there's a crash of all industries (not only adult) and devs/owners/companies and other entities approach the situation in a desperate and wrong way.

My suggestion... adapt. Keep both customer and "employees" happy.
Damn.... went offtopic a bit... disregard my bad and acid remarks.

Reactions: Pinkdanielemanyvids
Upvote 0
I saw that three weeks later she still has that nasty warning for the tippers. That's so sad...

Her numbers are very small so she needed just a small push.

I took care of it and made an honest woman out of her :), no warning now. Let's hope she'll stay above it on her own.

Reactions: gringo_pete
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.