AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

lag on Chaturbate when I cam to cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2021
I recently started using Chaturbate to watch a specific model/friend. There are never any issues with lag until I do cam to cam. It basically makes it impossible to watch the model's stream and my stream is also laggy to the model. I usually use MFC and never have this issue there. Cam to cam is very important to me, so any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would ask her if she has this issue with other visitors. She will probably say no, but sometimes they will admit there are existing connection or computer problems. If you don't have the problem with other sites/models, then it is likely to be at her end, even if it is her keeping other sites open while you are c2c

Upvote 0
I would ask her if she has this issue with other visitors. She will probably say no, but sometimes they will admit there are existing connection or computer problems. If you don't have the problem with other sites/models, then it is likely to be at her end, even if it is her keeping other sites open while you are c2c
I just tested it with other models on chaturbate with the same result. Earlier today I used C2C on MFC with no problems. This appears to be a CB issue.

Upvote 0
CB has a 20 second delay. If you write something in chat, the model responds, but you won't see/hear her response for 20 seconds. Thus, when you do c2c on CB, there is a 40 second delay from when you say something. You say something, model hears it 20 seconds later, she responds, you receive her response 20 seconds later. I'm not sure if this what you're referring to by the lag or if the stream quality itself is bad.

Upvote 0
I have noticed some delay @Brit refers to, but not for every model, probably the minority of those I've corresponded with and not for as long as 20 seconds.
It reminds me of when I was still discovering CB though, that when I opened the same model's stream from another site that I suppose is affiliated with CB, the other site might be a few seconds ahead of CB itself.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's approximately 20 seconds, not exactly 20 seconds. Should've been more clear with that. Point is that it's not as instantaneous as it is on other platforms (I'm assuming other platforms don't have this delay). I don't understand why they have the delay. It's a bit annoying tbh. It is always funny, however, to see a message that a model wrote in chat and then many seconds later actually see them coming to the comp to type.

Reactions: curious68
Upvote 0
CB signal goes from the broadcaster to the server they are connected to, and through a number of way-stations to the main server in California, and then back through the same channels to the viewer. That explains some of the lag

Reactions: curious68
Upvote 0
Yeah, it's approximately 20 seconds, not exactly 20 seconds. Should've been more clear with that.
I very rarely notice it to be anywhere near 20 seconds to be honest, but wonder if it's to do with locations. Same with picture break up, some broadcasters deteriorate for me (and some other visitors I have interacted with) while visitors in their own countries/continents do not notice it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.