AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

lawyer threatening to deplatform me?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2021
@punker barbie i was contacted recently by a lawyer representing my ex.
shes upset over a disagreement on content rights, involving other websites (not chaturbate).
the lawyer said i used chaturbate in a plot against her and it was against terms of service (i met her on cb?)
said he was going to write CB and deplatform me if i didnt sign some contract and do xyz
he said (copied from email)

"We will not pay you for these videos. Not only do you not own any rights in them such that you cannot sell them, but we will not be extorted. We will accept your signing a contract with us stating that, in exchange for our not seeking to de-platform you from Chaturbate, you will agree to destroy the videos and not post them or otherwise deal with them anywhere online in the future, or at all. We will also require in that contract that you attorn to the jurisdiction of Ontario regarding any legal proceedings relating to your continued use of these videos. This is non-negotiable."

now i havent been convicted of any crime, i talked to toronto pd detective last week and filled in the gaps their complaint against me didnt fill and the detective told me I didnt do anything wrong. they want me to sign some contract basically
or hes going to slander my name(lie and tell CB i broke terms of service and i use cb to plot on people or something idk this dudes trippin.
can i jsut thought id let you know before he slanders my name and tries to get my account banned over something htat has absolutely nothing with cb.
he threatened to try n ban me if i didn't do what he wanted basically and im not signing any contracts attorning to canadas laws when i livei n california

Yeah, I’d bet a pretty sizable sum of money that person isn’t actually a lawyer and it’s just your ex pretending to be a lawyer.

I don’t know any actual attorneys who would waste their time trying to get someone “de-platformed” from a camming site.

And as far as “content rights” go, if your ex is featured in any videos and doesn’t give consent to you posting them then she could absolutely file a DMCA report with whatever site you’re selling it on to have it taken down. You’d also need her id and all to post it, anyway. Even if you did have her id and her previous consent, if she doesn’t want you posting content of her now, then don’t be a dick and post it. She shouldn’t have to write pretend lawyer emails to you to not have you do that.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I’d bet a pretty sizable sum of money that person isn’t actually a lawyer and it’s just your ex pretending to be a lawyer.

I don’t know any actual attorneys who would waste their time trying to get someone “de-platformed” from a camming site.

And as far as “content rights” go, if your ex is featured in any videos and doesn’t give consent to you posting them then she could absolutely file a DMCA report with whatever site you’re selling it on to have it taken down. You’d also need her id and all to post it, anyway. Even if you did have her id and her previous consent, if she doesn’t want you posting content of her now, then don’t be a dick and post it. She shouldn’t have to write pretend lawyer emails to you to not have you do that.
not being a dick. they werent sex tapes they were film productions. i keep all my 2257 documents. (model release forms etc).
Toronto police called me (he was a rael lawyer i guess). Talked to detective, investigation closed, she couldnt see where i broke any laws.
had my accounts not been taken down i'd be earning around 1000-1500$ am onth in ad share revenue.
lets see, earn money from film productions i invested time, money, and energy into and use to pay child uspport/bills or worry about my exes feelings. dont see how im bein a dick but ok

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.