AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Legal Aid to leave a studio

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2022
Good morning.
My good friend on a major site is trying to leave her studio contract. I’m concerned that she is being bullied into backing down. What legal independent representation can anyone recommend? It’s a European country.
To be clear, I am a former member and regular user of the major site.
Thank you in advance for any genuine help that you can provide.

Depends on the laws, so it depends on the country in question. Many models i know have only a form of collaboration agreement that is mostly about the money. Depends what papers she has. If there are any clauses for leaving they should be written there.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Most studios are flexible about the leaving terms of a performer. There's usually a cooling period for the model before she/he can use the same stage name. The are many cases however, in which models go indie, change their stage name and gain most of their loyal fans quite easily back. In cases when the model barely spent time in the studio, or gained any followers, they can even be allowed to keep their stage name without a change. Take everything I say with a grain of sand, these are just the practices I saw in my days as an industry representative with compliant studios in: Romania, Colombia, Hungary and Czechia.
Successful studios don't keep a model with force nor fear, but with profits and respect.
Just my two cents anyway.

Good morning.
My good friend on a major site is trying to leave her studio contract. I’m concerned that she is being bullied into backing down. What legal independent representation can anyone recommend? It’s a European country.
To be clear, I am a former member and regular user of the major site.
Thank you in advance for any genuine help that you can pr

She need to try to leave without any negative and with all terms of her studio contract. If studio will start to act as a sh1t,she need to contact support of every site she worked on and ask to close all studio accounts she used ir at least remove her ID. After she can registrate new. And be strong of course. Some studios stralkering ex models and trying to kill their new account or post their personal info in public chat.

Some years ago when I found myself stuck with that ridiculous contract with Internet Modeling (A Streamate studio that tells models that if they want to leave and sign up for Streamate directly, they have to wait a whole 6 months from the last date of broadcast with Internet Modeling...before the model can be released to sign up directly on Streamate), the only way I was able to get out of it early was by switching over to a daily pay service. Hopefully the studio she's with isn't Camsharks. I read that the Camsharks studio contract is for life. o_O

I used to be with some other daily pay service years ago, but currently the one I'm with is Boleyn Models daily pay. They're cool, and there's no stupid long-term contract...and models can leave whenever they want.

Today I talked to an Ukranian model that was bullied by her studio to work long hours and earn impossibe amounts. She wanted to start a new account at MFC but was refused because she already had an 'independant user' account. The details of that independant account are kept by her studio, but they will not give her access. MFC will not open a new account unless she shows prove of ID and a secret verification word written on a photo with proof of account. Now the studio is blackmailing her that they wont release her until she agrees to pay € 2000-. MFC ignored her when she begged to be allowed to just open an new account under another model name.

If she can prove who she is, why may she not open a new account?

Why does MFC not support models who want to break away from abusive employers? We see crying models who haven't reached their goals, who are exhausted after long days, who complain about being fined for all sorts of nonsense. I would imagine this is bad for the whole industry.

MFC will not open a new account unless she shows prove of ID and a secret verification word written on a photo with proof of account.
Has she followed those instructions yet?

Because of course she's going to have to verify herself with a proper ID, we all had to do that.

Today I talked to an Ukranian model that was bullied by her studio to work long hours and earn impossibe amounts. She wanted to start a new account at MFC but was refused because she already had an 'independant user' account. The details of that independant account are kept by her studio, but they will not give her access. MFC will not open a new account unless she shows prove of ID and a secret verification word written on a photo with proof of account. Now the studio is blackmailing her that they wont release her until she agrees to pay € 2000-. MFC ignored her when she begged to be allowed to just open an new account under another model name.

If she can prove who she is, why may she not open a new account?

Why does MFC not support models who want to break away from abusive employers? We see crying models who haven't reached their goals, who are exhausted after long days, who complain about being fined for all sorts of nonsense. I would imagine this is bad for the whole industry.
She needs to use another document for new registration. It may be new ID of another country if she is refugee, new Ukrainian passport or driver's license. Its a rule of MFC yes but its the most loyal to the models site so don't be so angry please. And tell her to not to put her old username during new registration. She needs to wright she is new customer and don't have old accounts. That's all. I wish her success with leaving her studio and starting new happy life!

Why MFC can't let her out is simply because they don't know if the model had any form of contract or agreement with the studio. I know from a friend in Romania that when she was signing with a studio, she also signed a contract where clearly was written, that her account will belong to the studio.

My impression was that MFC is serving models, that is why I was surprised that they block a model from breaking away from an abusive studio. She does not want to keep her old model name but start all over. I could see that a studio has invested interests in an identity, but surely they can not own individual people. She asked MFC to be allowed to start a new account under a new name.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding, so I will follow AmberCutie's advice to simply follow instructions, show ID and explain the situation again.

I will also point out this forum to her. Thanks for helping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.