AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Legend of Zelda

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2010
Tulsa
I don't want to say I'm bored right at this second, because I'm watching a movie and mfc at the same time, but I get distracted easily... So... I'm thinking I'm going to finish all the Zelda games I own, all in a row, minus Twilight Princess, as that's the only one I HAVE finished. Started LoZ1 the other day... So that's 1, 2, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask (those 4 are on one GameCube disc...), Wind Waker (Got damned close to finishing it, then watched my roommate at the time finish it, so I gave up), oh, I've got Link to the Past on GBA, duhh, so that, too, and Phantom Hourglass. This sounds like way too much, now, haha, but by god, I did all my Metroid games(admittedly, only 5(Zero Mission, Fusion, Prime 1-3) not 7), not long ago, so I can do this!

Anyone want to join me in this absurdity?

Also, when does Skyward Sword come out, anyway?

I had a long post but realized I could just write: "they're all fucking great, DO IT FAGGOT!"
Except Adventures of Link. That one wasn't that great and is one of the few Zelda games I own that I haven't beaten. I also want to make this VERY OBVIOUS that the N64 games on the Zelda Collector's edition tend to freeze. So save OFTEN or find an emulator online maybe.

I love Zelda. I've only ever actually beaten Ocarina of Time tho (and multiple times at that, lol). I have played Link to the Past, Phantom Hourglass, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess... I think that's it. I've watched a few other ones be played. Either way I am a big fan of Zelda :D

LacieLaPlante said:
I'm playing Spirit Tracks right now, I just finished phantom hourglass.. Now why in the WORLD would they force me to buy a 3DS so I can play ocarina of time? EVIL.

So I'll finsh spirit tracks for you hah, since that wasn't on your list.

I keep forgetting to buy this when I go to GameStop, etc, and I keep meaning to. I started Phantom Hourglass, once, but I was distracted by friends pulling me "outside" whatever that is. Feh.

Man, I wish my computer was anywhere near up to date so I could play any of these on emulators. I am seriously considering rebuying a GameCube and GBA Player just to play Link to the Past on my TV. Well, ok, not just that. It'd also make me feel I could trade in my old fat DS for a 3DS for some 3D Ocarina action. Also, I'd so cheat with emulators. That's no good.

edit: dammit, went to ebay to check LttP prices for an SNES cartridge... was outbid by 50 cents on one in the last second. Wasn't trying too hard, but hey. ha.

I'm posting too much in my own thread! Just "buy it now"'d a SNES copy of LTTP, cause I could. woot.

Tangential to any of this, has anyone played Okami? It's a very "3D Zelda" like game.

I played it on PS2, and was sucked into it so hard. The first "quest" seemed like it would end the game at 8 hours, or so, then it cracked open to a huge 40 hour game. Such a good game, too. Kind of like to play the Wii version, just cause the brush stroke mechanic was a bit weird on PS2.

waogo said:
Tangential to any of this, has anyone played Okami? It's a very "3D Zelda" like game.
Yeah, i never really got into zelda, but i loved Okami. One of my favorite games actually.

NaomiChase said:
I love Zelda. I've only ever actually beaten Ocarina of Time tho (and multiple times at that, lol). I have played Link to the Past, Phantom Hourglass, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess... I think that's it. I've watched a few other ones be played. Either way I am a big fan of Zelda :D

I've played a bunch of them but I too have only beaten The Ocarina of Time. I LOVE that game!!

RainbowBryte said:
NaomiChase said:

I've played a bunch of them but I too have only beaten The Ocarina of Time. I LOVE that game!!

Me too!!!!!! It's AWESOME! There is a MasterQuest version I have... Basically it's the same game but all of the dungeons are different (and much harder)... I have yet to beat it! (Not that I've really been trying, mind you.)

NaomiChase said:
RainbowBryte said:
NaomiChase said:

Me too!!!!!! It's AWESOME! There is a MasterQuest version I have... Basically it's the same game but all of the dungeons are different (and much harder)... I have yet to beat it! (Not that I've really been trying, mind you.)

Oh, man, I've got that, too. Don't think I'll be playing that for a good while, though. LoZ1 is aggrivating me enough as is. And LoZ2 looks to be a right bitch, as well.

Haven't played any LoZ1, today. Getting to dungeon 3 is working through my blood pressure meds, to drive my blood pressure up. I get there, then just before I get in, I get shot in the back like 10 times, and die. Plus, once I get in, ugh. Now I know why I never got anywhere in this game when I borrowed it as a kid. This is ridiculous.

Seriously considering skipping this game and 2 for Ocarina. Or Majora's Mask, or Wind Waker. Anything to alleviate the frustration. Then again, it's so nice once you get through a dungeon.

In other news, this is nice http://ephixa.com/album/zelda-step if you like some dubstep in your Zelda music.

That much trouble with the first game? I can see skipping 2, but not 1. If you're having trouble, go get the blue ring. It's not far from where you're at and should be within your ability. Also you can get some random heart containers to help out too.

nerdguy said:
I actually make it an effort to play through the first game once a year.

I think that would drive me nuts. Even this once is. Doesn't help I'm switching off with Catherine. That game is some silly frustration, too.

waogo said:
nerdguy said:

I think that would drive me nuts. Even this once is. Doesn't help I'm switching off with Catherine. That game is some silly frustration, too.

Puzzle games aren't your best subject are they? I blew through Catherine in two days. I loved it and couldn't put it down. Maybe it's the switching back an forth, or maybe you just get frustrated too easily. On Catherine you can always go to easy mode to help out, the story is worth it.
If you have questions on Zelda, ask away, someone will answer.

Keithy said:
waogo said:
nerdguy said:

Puzzle games aren't your best subject are they? I blew through Catherine in two days. I loved it and couldn't put it down. Maybe it's the switching back an forth, or maybe you just get frustrated too easily. On Catherine you can always go to easy mode to help out, the story is worth it.
If you have questions on Zelda, ask away, someone will answer.
Puzzle games are fine, it's just my reflexes are shit after my stroke. Mostly my left hand. My hand is better, but not nearly as fast as it was, and all that. I'm typing at full speed, but hardly play games, lately, at least ones that require fast thumb reflexes. But mostly in Zelda, it seems to be dodging. Catherine... I just couldn't move quite fast enough to get away from the fork in the 4th or 5th level. And I am on Easy. Oh shit. Finally did, but that level ... the difficulty amp up so quick... haha. I'm more pissed I erased the save from Zelda where me and a friend had 3 more Triforce pieces to go. Zelda 1 is just a pain. 2's going to be fun.

Ok, with that situation Catherine is going to be killer.
With Zelda, did you follow my advice and get the blue ring? That will help a LOT (cutting damage in half iirc). Combine that with some extra hearts and you'll be good for a while.

Keithy said:
With Zelda, did you follow my advice and get the blue ring? That will help a LOT (cutting damage in half iirc). Combine that with some extra hearts and you'll be good for a while.
I am attempting this, now. I now remember my biggest complaint about this game. No grass! Trying to get rupees in this game is silly.

waogo said:
Keithy said:
I am attempting this, now. I now remember my biggest complaint about this game. No grass! Trying to get rupees in this game is silly.

IIRC the orange spider things were great for 5 rupee coins. They should be one screen above second dungeon. Near dungeon six (one screen to the left) there should be a place you can find a hidden entrance (using candle) where you can get a quick 100 rupees.

waogo said:
Keithy said:

Also, going through the second level over and over again when you need money is quite profitable, if you kill all the snakes in all the rooms near the enterance, then go off and kill other stuff that are closer to the boss is, then work your way back, the snakes will have respawned, along with everything else slowly in the dungeon. Rinse, repeat. It might take a little while but you can do it.

Blue Ring acquired, dungeon 3 finished. Yay. Now to 4.

Edit: Or not. Stupid... raft? how does this fricking work. And I also found a heart container way off to the East that I can't get. too tired for this right now. time to save and go to sleep.

You should get an item every dungeon to help with the next dungeon. So if you don't have it, you missed something important. It's also not always on the map.
So you should have the Boomerang (1) the magic boomerang (2) and the raft (3). You'll be getting the ladder next. You should also have the bow, white sword, blue ring and blue candle. You should have gotten yourself access to potions as well. You can get the power bracelet at any time now.

Keithy said:
You should get an item every dungeon to help with the next dungeon. So if you don't have it, you missed something important. It's also not always on the map.
So you should have the Boomerang (1) the magic boomerang (2) and the raft (3). You'll be getting the ladder next. You should also have the bow, white sword, blue ring and blue candle. You should have gotten yourself access to potions as well. You can get the power bracelet at any time now.

I just tried getting the magic boomerang while drunk. I thought I couldn't dodge, before. lol, that was bad. But the room it is in is also a stinking cluster fuck of death all aimed at me. If I could break the statues shooting shit at me, that'd be grand. But I can't. Oh well, I'll try it sober, later. and apparently I need the white sword. And some damned potions.

Soooo.... Bought a 3DS and Ocarina 3D, yesterday. This thing is nice. Also bought Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS Virtual Console. Been messing with all the free stuff it came with a lot. The 3D effect is really nice. Except when I turn it too high and go crosseyed.

Thought it was time to finally trade in my old fat DS, and upgrade. THough I need to get a GBA SP or something, since I've got loads of GBA games.

waogo said:
Soooo.... Bought a 3DS and Ocarina 3D, yesterday. This thing is nice. Also bought Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS Virtual Console. Been messing with all the free stuff it came with a lot. The 3D effect is really nice. Except when I turn it too high and go crosseyed.

Thought it was time to finally trade in my old fat DS, and upgrade. THough I need to get a GBA SP or something, since I've got loads of GBA games.

I pre-ordered the Flame Red 3DS, I don't want a stupid black or blue one. It will match my Mario Kart Special Edition DS and my Mario Anniversary Edition DSiXL. Unfortunately that means I can't get one until September 9th.

Over yesterday and today, I played through my once a year run of original zelda, dungeon levels 1-5 yesterday, 6-9 today. It didn't help things that when I got to gannon and had 3 hearts left, no potions, and my shield had been eaten. But, once you remember that he moves in a figure 8 it makes it that much easier to avoid his fireballs.

nerdguy said:
Over yesterday and today, I played through my once a year run of original zelda, dungeon levels 1-5 yesterday, 6-9 today. It didn't help things that when I got to gannon and had 3 hearts left, no potions, and my shield had been eaten. But, once you remember that he moves in a figure 8 it makes it that much easier to avoid his fireballs.

Wish I could move through this that fast. But I also haven't played in 2 days. Been messing with my 3DS. and not even Ocarina. Bought a Mahjong game in the eShop after I got LoZ: Awakening DX, and.... yeah, well, it's my solitaire, I guess.

Oh, god, I got Okamiden (the DS Okami sequel I did not know about til I bought it) and Pokemon Black (where the hell is my Pikachu, or Squirtle, here... I have not played a Pokemon since Gold for GBC). I am DOOMED to never finish anything, I swear. Must finish most (if not all, I'm looking at skipping you, 2) Zeldas! Grrr. I think the last game I finished was Mass Effect 2. Sigh. I still haven't even gotten past like the first town in Dragon Age 1. Mostly cause I had my stroke right after turning that game off. And I was scared of it. Now, I'm just lazy. And also keep restarting it. The moral to this tale is... umm.. nothing. Must finish Zeldas.

Status
Not open for further replies.