AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lets gather up some info on this new promoted feature

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of those can be to give the models 15 minutes on the promoted spot instead of just 5mins, it clearly isn't enough.
Sure, when you consider that you need almost a full hour to fulfill a starting show :)

Upvote 0
Tried this with a friend a couple of times. ~200-250-ish cost at the times. She has about 10K followers and typically ~50-100 in the room at any given time.

Basically zero benefit. If viewers increased at all, it wasn't more than a few beyond normal traffic flow. If I didn't know otherwise I wouldn't have even known that we'd done it.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
yes i see that too now, first of all the promoted room is changing every few seconds, i dont see the model there 5 min as they say... second people trying but to start with 10 users and see they leave with 11 and paied, wont make them pay again..
They dont say you will be there for 5 min though, they only say you will be part of a pool of streamers that will share these 5 min.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
Had about 30 people in my room, cost was 80 and I went for it. Doubled to 60 people by the end of it, not one of the new people that it brought in was a tipper. However as soon as time was up, someone took me to pvt @ 60/min (likely brought in from the boost). It's hard to say, it's certainly not lucrative but if they were brought in from the boost it was worth it for me.

Upvote 0
The paid promotion will now let you know who joined via the promotion.
View attachment 86009

🤔 I feel like that # of people seeing the room is kind of high, surely its not unique people? that would be like 25% of all viewers looking at the model list, perhaps the thumbnail was pulled 72198 times? 🤷‍♂️

Maybe the number doesn’t properly distinguish the views obtained by each model in the promotion pool for that time period, and is erroneously lumping them all together?

Upvote 0
The paid promotion will now let you know who joined via the promotion.
View attachment 86009

🤔 I feel like that # of people seeing the room is kind of high, surely its not unique people? that would be like 25% of all viewers looking at the model list, perhaps the thumbnail was pulled 72198 times? 🤷‍♂️

I used it twice and could instantly tell who was coming in via the promotion because it was a sudden influx for a couple of minutes. Most of them would leave within 10 seconds even if I was naked or chatting with the room.

Upvote 0
I'm tired of fighting with the ban for two years. For all these years, I've already been banned 4 times for no reason. without explanation! twice the account was with money, and no one paid it! First time I lost 15,714 subscribers. Caturbate decides who works and who doesn't.

Upvote 0
I'm tired of fighting with the ban for two years. For all these years, I've already been banned 4 times for no reason. without explanation! twice the account was with money, and no one paid it! First time I lost 15,714 subscribers. Caturbate decides who works and who doesn't.

My qeuestion is, how did you come back multiple times after being banned?

Upvote 0

If your first account was banned for a ToS Violation then any accounts you make thereafter will also be banned. It may be that they are not seen and found out immediately, for whatever reason, but if you were banned for violating the ToS on that first account, the other's will be banned too.

Upvote 0
There are many models who have been banned multiple times at CB who are now using other accounts. The old problem of not checking that the model on cam is the one registered to the account.

Upvote 0
There are many models who have been banned multiple times at CB who are now using other accounts. The old problem of not checking that the model on cam is the one registered to the account.

How do you know these people have not been warned, or temporarily suspended and then have somehow resolved their problem/s and been allowed back? You literally don't know what goes on behind the scenes and in emails, etc.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
Whoever is doing this video has used 5 different account in a couple of weeks. How did they manage that then? how are multiple new accounts being made by some? doesnt the i.d get blocked if the model account is perm banned. I would suggest newly made accounts if not used within 7 days of being created automatically get deleted by CB

running videoloops etc should be perm ban

Attachments

• molly__p.jpg
    molly__p.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
Guys, please keep to the topic here. I want to learn more about this new feature and when I see that there are new posts about it then I go and check it, but your unrelated posts was just a waste of time for me. Please create a separate thread for that.

Back to the topic, I feel that the '72198 people viewed' is just BS, its pretty easy to assume that Chaturbate have just multiplied whatever number is the true one. If 72198 is correct and most broadcasters only get 10-30 extra viewers because of it then its a pretty horrible conversion rate.

Upvote 0
Whoever is doing this video has used 5 different account in a couple of weeks. How did they manage that then? how are multiple new accounts being made by some? doesnt the i.d get blocked if the model account is perm banned. I would suggest newly made accounts if not used within 7 days of being created automatically get deleted by CB

running videoloops etc should be perm ban
It turns out I was sick and was not 10 days, and I was blocked?

1604330693362.png

Upvote 0
Tried it again.
Your promotion is complete - 46867 people saw your room on the homepage.
And also I got only 4 viewers via promotion and they left after 10 seconds.
Again, will not pay for this anymore.
Sorry, but it's BS.
Agree! That number is incorrect, Chaturabate are just making up a random number to make it seem good. They have completely messed up with this feature.

Upvote 0
Probably means X hits on the home page during the time period the promo was running. Although they could map how many people placed the mouse over the room preview and viewed without entering.

Upvote 0
Wont really work in a mobile driven world. It would be better if they simply gave you 1 min on 1st page but that you are being shown the full minute instead of being part of a group (big or small) of users that take turn to be shown for 5 min. You might get 10 sec for all you know. So just increase the prices to reflect that 1 min, give models 50% off the first time they try it and OBVIOUSLY let the models pick/decide on the thumbnail, because they are paying for it so they should be able to approve the content that goes out. They are doing so many wrong things here...

Upvote 0
What is everyone doing at the time of them purchasing the promotion?
I mean, are you at least trying to take advantage of the use of it?

For example, I will use a model friend (she has not personally used it but she has an easy example):

She has multi-goals, some of which are "play with a dildo for X mins" (a few of those - and they are the last 4 or 5 goals). One of those is "play for 5 mins" one is "play for 10 mins".
She has other easier goals such as boob flash + spanks, or some other things similar. Now, I would personally try and take advantage and buy the promo when she is doing the 5min or 10min dildo play goal. I understand this will get a lot of freeloaders but it is possibly a good chance of getting some tippers (it can go either or both ways).

Obviously, you don't have to be doing something which requires you being naked or playing, but you need to be doing something to try to take as much advantage/use of the promo as possible.

Upvote 0
I did it once for 50tks after someone tipped to get me naked and tried to stay in full view for 5 minutes. A bunch of users rushed into my room (out of curiosity probably) for several minutes but none stuck around or tipped. I think I got about 3 or 4 new followers that time. New users in your room doesn't mean they will tip or every retur so it's pure luck if it pays off, IMO.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.