AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lighting Recommendations

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2018
Twitter Username
@DTheDork
MFC Username
DanniMFC
Hey everyone! I know there's been a bunch of different threads about lighting previously, and I went through to try to get the information from those before posting but I noticed a lot of it was from a while back and the links no longer work.

I previously bought a softbox lighting kit through Amazon that was supposed to come in today, but unfortunately they are now out of stock and I had to cancel the order.

So, does anyone here have light recommendations for a beginner? Preferably something I can get through Amazon with one-day shipping as I have already begun camming and wanted to get everything here before my new model status runs out.

I personally use a cheap ring light that I bought for 20 bucks from amazon, but another option is to get two bright LED desk lights (normally about 10 bucks each and available at Walmart or some other super store.) and put them on both sides of you. If you find that the light is too harsh you can get a cheap white t-shirt to put over the light (easy way to create a softer light if you're on a budget). LED bulbs should always be a go-to as they are easy to replace and do not normally get very hot.

@Zoe_Amadora Have you tried putting a daylight bulb in it? I use 2 desk lamps and once I put those bulbs in it and figured out where to place them in my room, it made the biggest freaking difference. It almost looks like I'm using box or umbrella lights now which is why I haven't bothered getting professional lights yet.

What is your budget? My set up is 2 soft boxes, 3 ring lights, one front floor light, 2 back floor fill lights, and 4 background lights (voice controlled & color changing) ... so I'm a bit extra.

I can make some recommendations, I'm a professional photographer but when I started camming I got the cheap stuff and was happily surprised by how well they worked, I did get most of my stuff from Amazon.

I'd also second anyone saying to but daylight balanced 5500K light bulbs in all your lamps. My Target has sales on some really good GE LED a lot and you can get a pack for only $5 if you catch it at the right time.

I've seen some models with a dimly lit, soft-romance style lighting. Anyone know the tricks?? I've tried, granted, I'm not handy with room design, but it looks terrible.

Did you read though this thread? I know you said you did a search, and found some old threads. But, that one is still somewhat active, and in a sticky in the "General Cam Chat" section of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.