AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Links in chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMarti

Cam Model
Jul 9, 2017
Romania
kingmarti.com
Twitter Username
@KingMartiCam
MFC Username
King_marti
Streamate Username
Thekingmarti
Chaturbate Username
KingMarti
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000252053/KingMarti/
Does chaturbate now not allow anyone to post links?
On my grey account it seems that all the messages with .com in them dont get posted, they show for the grey account but dont acctually make it into the chat feed for anyone else. Anyone know if this is a thing that affects all accounts, just something that affects grey accounts or is it a setting that I turned on somewhere?
Dont know if it makes a difference but the grey account is a mod.

Interesting. Haven't noted that, but also not in the habit of putting links in the chat.
What appears in the chat for all other users, does the entire message not show up, or does only the url itself get blocked?

Maybe it's an app/bot the model is running.
As you're a mod and can send pms, does it get blocked too if you send the model the link in a pm?
Also you could test if it makes any difference to posting in public chat if moderator privileges are revoked.

Upvote 0
Interesting. Haven't noted that, but also not in the habit of putting links in the chat.
What appears in the chat for all other users, does the entire message not show up, or does only the url get blocked?

Maybe it's an app/bot the model is running.
As you're a mod and can send pms, does the same thing happen if you send the model the link in a pm?
Also you could test if it makes any difference to posting in public chat if moderator privileges are revoked.
I only noticed it because I scripted some custom commands so typing things like ?joke in chat has my grey acount thats a mod post a joke into the chat and stuff, one of the ones I set up was ?links. it's the whole message that goes missing if it contains .com.... funilly enough it happend for .fans to on my just for fans link.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
As far as I am aware, links are always parsed with a space or 2 randomly within them, it's been like this for a long time.

Upvote 0
Only times I've ever posted links in chat on CB, it was to youtube music vids so the model and a few regs could watch something we'd already been discussing.
This was maybe 6 months ago, and the links appeared and worked fine. But I realised it was risky to encourage others to post links, so stopped.

So does this only happen if the URL has a '.com' domain name?

Upvote 0
Only times I've ever posted links in chat on CB, it was to youtube music vids so the model and a few regs could watch something we'd already been discussing.
This was maybe 6 months ago, and the links appeared and worked fine. But I realised it was risky to encourage others to post links, so stopped.

So does this only happen if the URL has a '.com' domain name?
as far as i could tell it was every domain, it could be they operate off a white list rather than a black list, so youtube might post fine because it could be on the whitelist
As far as I am aware, links are always parsed with a space or 2 randomly within them, it's been like this for a long time.
Thats probably what I will have to do, add in a space to the urls

Upvote 0
Hi.
I do not have a second token holding account to test with, so I ran tests with my grey account. Grey's can no longer type links without using some form of creativity. It appears the public CB chat now blocks www. and .com/.net/.org, etc, when combined with other words. So typing "hello .com" works, but "hello.com" does not. Also, "www." works, but "www.whatever" does not. The offending chat is hidden and only visible to the user who typed it.

Space added into links started happening a few years ago. I would run into issues while having business meetings with clients on the Test Server. I tried to resolve the issue in many ways, however, the spaces appear in public chat and private notices. It's super annoying when linking a client to the app/bot they are about to test, only for them to confusingly complain that the link does not work! Adding a space into your link after the "." will allow it to appear in chat (as a broken address -- http://www. youtube .com/whatever).

Right now it looks like adding spaces was an early form of anti-spam, and now they have just simply hidden the messages.

This is an easy option to implement into an app/bot and I would prefer if CB left this type of moderation to the end-user.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.