AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lions eat poachers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read quite a bit on the subject of poaching and while we might think of the poachers as rich white people on safari that is most often not the case. Often it is local people who do it because there are no other ways to make money to provide for their families and the land makes agriculture or fishing very difficult. So what they do is consume the bushmeat and sell things like horns for profit to sustain themselves and their families. While I think poaching is bad I can sympathize with the poachers when they are locals because if I had children and were in their situation I might have done the same thing.

I have read quite a bit on the subject of poaching and while we might think of the poachers as rich white people on safari that is most often not the case. Often it is local people who do it because there are no other ways to make money to provide for their families and the land makes agriculture or fishing very difficult. So what they do is consume the bushmeat and sell things like horns for profit to sustain themselves and their families. While I think poaching is bad I can sympathize with the poachers when they are locals because if I had children and were in their situation I might have done the same thing.
That sounds almost like the theory of "I understand someone robbing another person because they needed the money".
A solution is needed other than allowing the poachers to do that. Hopefully one can be found.

That sounds almost like the theory of "I understand someone robbing another person because they needed the money".
A solution is needed other than allowing the poachers to do that. Hopefully one can be found.
It kind of is but it is different in that the poachers don't feel bad about what they do because their victims are animals and they are doing it to survive in a place where there currently are no better options. When you do harm to a person you feel remorse afterwards even if it is a survival situation. Would I kill a rhino so my family can eat? Probably. Would I rob my neighbors who are as poor as I am? Most likely no. I agree that something needs to be done so people don't have to poach.

Last I heard, the white rhino population is down to 2 females, that's it!

Thankfully people thought ahead and froze a bunch sperm and are currently trying to inseminate the last remaining females.

The poachers were probably eaten alive with a pride that large.

While I somewhat sympathize with the poacher's plight, poaching to the point of near extinction is unacceptable.

"In China, Vietnam and elsewhere, rhino horn is erroneously believed to have aphrodisiac qualities."

Eliminate the demand by harshly prosecuting the buyers.

Rhino horns along with elephant tusks are just like our fingernails.

If the impotent fuckers need an aphrodisiac, they should chew on their own nails!

I hope they enjoyed their meal.

Hooman must be quite a delicacy for them.

The last thing that went through those poacher's minds were canines :D

Maybe you can sympathize with someone killing a critically endangered animal in an especially brutal manner somehow (likely to be even worse if they're doing it for "survival" because they lack experience, organization and knowledge). I cannot. But poachers also tend not to have much of a problem murdering rangers they run into (there's a reason the rangers are well armed). Nope nope nope, they're garbage human beings.

Maybe you can sympathize with someone killing a critically endangered animal in an especially brutal manner somehow (likely to be even worse if they're doing it for "survival" because they lack experience, organization and knowledge). I cannot. But poachers also tend not to have much of a problem murdering rangers they run into (there's a reason the rangers are well armed). Nope nope nope, they're garbage human beings.
When you have been poor, not we can't be able to afford cable TV poor, but crap we can barely afford to eat poor so you are having to eat oatmeal porridge for dinner three days a week it is very easy to sympathize with poor people. Now I was lucky enough to be born in Sweden so we didn't have to starve or end up in the streets, but I can understand the dreadful situation that turns people who in a different environment who would be regular people like you and me into poachers and possibly murderers.

When you have been poor, not we can't be able to afford cable TV poor, but crap we can barely afford to eat poor so you are having to eat oatmeal porridge for dinner three days a week it is very easy to sympathize with poor people. Now I was lucky enough to be born in Sweden so we didn't have to starve or end up in the streets, but I can understand the dreadful situation that turns people who in a different environment who would be regular people like you and me into poachers and possibly murderers.

I can sympathize with poor people, but most people in that situation STILL don't become monsters. I can't and won't sympathize with monsters.

It such a shame there's even a demand for the random body parts of these gorgeous creatures. That's where the real problem lies. But the fact is, these poachers are the people that literally pull the trigger. Shame on them. Shame on the beliefs that have spawned the entire industry. And shame on the systems that made these people so desperate they had to do this to survive.

No shame on those lions though! I hope they make a meal out of many poachers and trophy hunters! Fuck em.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I can sympathize with poor people, but most people in that situation STILL don't become monsters. I can't and won't sympathize with monsters.
Try and put your self in their situation, for example what do you do when you live in a place like rural Kenya when a drought hits? Agriculture is hard there in the first place because most of the family farms are dependent on rainfall and aren't mechanized. When things go wrong you can't even beg because your neighbors are in the same situation. Humanitarian aid might not show up until it is to late or at all since it is rural Kenya and the infrastructure is poor. What do you do when your children starts dying from malnutrition?

If there is something that history have showed us again and again is that desperate people are willing to do almost anything to survive if they are under enough pressure for long enough time. We can judge them on their actions because what they do is criminal, but I don't think we can call them monsters and I certainly don't think that the demise of two poachers are a cause of celebration or any kind of levity. The whole thing is tragic, it is tragic that animals are going extinct over poaching, but it is also tragic because somewhere some people just lost two loved ones who were doing something they shouldn't have. Who are we to tell what's wrong and whats right given that we will most likely never be in the same situation or face the challenges that they face?

Reactions: fandango
Try and put your self in their situation, for example what do you do when you live in a place like rural Kenya when a drought hits? Agriculture is hard there in the first place because most of the family farms are dependent on rainfall and aren't mechanized. When things go wrong you can't even beg because your neighbors are in the same situation. Humanitarian aid might not show up until it is to late or at all since it is rural Kenya and the infrastructure is poor. What do you do when your children starts dying from malnutrition?

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do... 100% I won't be going out slashing rhinos and murdering people. I don't have children, I don't think it's currently ethical for most (any?), even in America (yes, it's a strange position of mine). If it came down to my own personal survival or murder, though, I'd put the bullet in my own head first. Putting myself in someone else's shoes, if I did happen to have kids... would I go ahead and show by example that it's alright to murder to survive? Nope, won't happen. And again, somehow most people in that situation still don't do such monstrous things. I'm never going to agree with you on this one...

In any case, you're really skewing the story there. The majority of this sort of poaching is not done by people in a survival situation, but by organized "professional" gangs that are not in any way lacking for cash. An individual "poor" person isn't going to make much of a living in poaching rhinos or elephants, they lack the skills. Subsistence poaching is RARE with animals like rhinos.

FWIW I hope I didn't indicate I felt any kind of levity over poachers being killed, but it's also nowhere on my top one million list of things I can really be bothered to give a particular shit about being sad about.

Anyone interested in helping the effort against poachers, I personally donate sometimes to Save the Rhino and The Thin Green Line and International Rhino Foundation, research those as you see fit.

I'll leave you with this photo of a fucking badass ranger in Virunga National Park, protecting gorillas etc. from motherfucking evil-ass human monsters and also fucking goddamn volcanoes and shit. Heroes, completely.

Virunga_National_Park-10.jpg

While I somewhat sympathize with the poacher's plight, poaching to the point of near extinction is unacceptable.

"In China, Vietnam and elsewhere, rhino horn is erroneously believed to have aphrodisiac qualities."

Eliminate the demand by harshly prosecuting the buyers.

Rhino horns along with elephant tusks are just like our fingernails.

If the impotent fuckers need an aphrodisiac, they should chew on their own nails!

The problem is that nearly everything is an aphrodisiac, or has special powers to someone. Years ago, there was a sting by the DNR (Dept. Natural Resources), FBI, and state police to arrest poachers of bear gall bladders being sent over to China for some special purpose. Don't recall if it was for impotency, or something.
But, as long as there's a want for something, it drives demands. Look at the supplement market in the western society. All kinds of things they claim..

Penises are ruining everything

Ya, those higher tax brackets can be a real bitch ;-)

Rhino horns, elephant tusks, bear & gorilla parts, shark fins, tuna... are all big business. The riskier it is, the more the impotent millionaire needle dicks will pay which is when helicopters and higher tech equipment comes into play so the little guy poacher trying to feed his family gets muscled out or dead.

Supply & demand.

It's not rocket science that we need to eliminate the demand.

Ya, those higher tax brackets can be a real bitch ;-)

Rhino horns, elephant tusks, bear & gorilla parts, shark fins, tuna... are all big business. The riskier it is, the more the impotent millionaire needle dicks will pay which is when helicopters and higher tech equipment comes into play so the little guy poacher trying to feed his family gets muscled out or dead.

Supply & demand.

It's not rocket science that we need to eliminate the demand.
PLEASE DON"T GO CUTTING OFF WIENERS BOCE BOBBIT!

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do... 100% I won't be going out slashing rhinos and murdering people. I don't have children, I don't think it's currently ethical for most (any?), even in America (yes, it's a strange position of mine). If it came down to my own personal survival or murder, though, I'd put the bullet in my own head first. Putting myself in someone else's shoes, if I did happen to have kids... would I go ahead and show by example that it's alright to murder to survive? Nope, won't happen. And again, somehow most people in that situation still don't do such monstrous things. I'm never going to agree with you on this one...

In any case, you're really skewing the story there. The majority of this sort of poaching is not done by people in a survival situation, but by organized "professional" gangs that are not in any way lacking for cash. An individual "poor" person isn't going to make much of a living in poaching rhinos or elephants, they lack the skills. Subsistence poaching is RARE with animals like rhinos.

FWIW I hope I didn't indicate I felt any kind of levity over poachers being killed, but it's also nowhere on my top one million list of things I can really be bothered to give a particular shit about being sad about.

Anyone interested in helping the effort against poachers, I personally donate sometimes to Save the Rhino and The Thin Green Line and International Rhino Foundation, research those as you see fit.

I'll leave you with this photo of a fucking badass ranger in Virunga National Park, protecting gorillas etc. from motherfucking evil-ass human monsters and also fucking goddamn volcanoes and shit. Heroes, completely.

View attachment 77373

To take your post further, there are military veterans who are working to protect endangered species:

https://www.veterans4wildlife.org

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/w...terans-protect-endangered-rhinos-south-africa

http://vetpaw.org/

I haven't fully researched either of these. But, I remember reading articles about how US military vets, as well as others from allies, are protecting animals. I was trying to find the articles, but couldn't and ran across these organizations.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lintilla

I fail to see the reason for your post. Is it to show that there's vets who do fucked up things as well? If so, we already know. Just like anything in life, there's good and there's bad. There's good models, and there's bad. Good members, and some pretty fucked up ones too. Politics? I don't think we need to go down that route since we already know...

But, to address your post, I don't like these so-called "sanctuaries". They are nothing more than another type of zoo, and nearly all of them are probably guilty of some kind of violation. I prefer the large open terrain sanctuaries which have no cages. Those are the ones I was linking in my post about the work combat vets are doing to protect endangered species.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I fail to see the reason for your post. Is it to show that there's vets who do fucked up things as well?

They do the best they can with their limited budget along with whatever donations they receive. Granted, it's nowhere near an ideal situation yet they still take in all sorts of critters that would otherwise be killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.