AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Literally made NO money camming, as in, 0 tokens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2018
With all due respect...WTF am I doing wrong??? I literally made NO tokens on MFC at all my first day. My score is plummeting faster than these outside temperatures right now, which has been going from a warm spell to a cold snap in the last day or so. I feel upset because I just blew $300 for a new computer since my other one was not even functional anymore, and I'm broke as it is. It's mortifying enough that I was cut from three different jobs, yes 3 different jobs, in the last year because I "wasnt a good fit". Now apparently I'm not a good fit to be sexy online either?? I thought I was a pretty girl, and apparently that's what all the freeloader "scammers" tell me on MFC but literally not a single token, not even 1. VERY upset. Then I read threads on this site and similar ones where girls complain about earning "no money" which is 600 tokens in a shift, or $150 net earned after 6 hours, which is bad enough but no one has complained about making 0 tokens. On top of that, all these people chiming in with unsolicited advice that I'm being "scammed". Um, I didn't take off any clothes, flash, skype, etc yet apparently I'm still being pigeonholed as a pushover, greeeeaaaaaatttt. If need be, I'll upload some pics I guess so you can judge if I'm pretty enough for camming. Humiliating yes to essentially expose my face as the 0token girl, but I'm already humiliated enough in general with everything camming and non-camming related, so I guess I can't get any more humiliated than I already am. *end vent*

Last edited:
You can always try another site. i made a whomping $4 on mfc when i first tried it out for a week.

to be fair, there is plenty of frustration vented in the models only section about not earning enough. you are not alone in this- it's super common and feels awful.

it might be cynical to say, but hey, welcome to sex work. it doesn't matter how beautiful you are, there is going to be a lot of times where you put in all your effort and try to make a great product/great session and come up with nothing to show for it.

Thanks everyone. I started to do better in the last hour. STill not great but better than before (then again anything was better than what I had before). I'm going to take all of the advice in consideration especially some of the other sites mentioned.

There is SO much more that goes into being successful on cam than being pretty. After all, I've seen girls that look like they could be runway models tucked away on mfc with low camscores. Camming is part looks, part personality, part luck, part effort-some people have all of these qualitys and some have 1 or 2 etc. Even the girls who are top models who are incredibly pretty spend heaps of time online and off cultivating a fan base and keeping their regulars happy. It doesn't ride off looks alone.

I don't consider myself stereotypically pretty at all yet I've made a living camming I'd say because of finding the right site for me, hustles that work for me after a lot of experimentation, energy, playing up my niche and personality-the more you cam the more you develop as a camgirl. Looks play a small part of course but honestly guys jerk off to anything/everything. Sign up on new sites. MFC is VERY hard for a first cam site (I failed on it as well in 2012). Try something like CB or SM so you won't be penalized for how long you stay online so you can learn more about entertaining a room. Don't be too hard on yourself-even successful models still have hours where they make nothing too.

Other sites, clips... if you get into it, come back to MFC when you're more confident. Do NOT compare yourself to what other girl's make their income sound like. You'll never feel confident doing that. There are girls doing this job who make under minimum wage. There are girls who make 6 figures or more. There's no guarantee that you'll make anything, and MFC especially is competitive as hell. There are tons of really beautiful girls at the bottom of MFC.

what jicky said is true. comparing yourself to other models and their earnings is definitely not recommended, especially as a new model. before i started mfc, i did a tad bit of research beforehand. but i will also suggest the option of trying out another site - you never know what this universe has in store for you.

breathe and all will be well, and stir away from too much self-criticism.

+1 to everything everyone said.

Looks are a small part of your success, and are relatively harder to change than almost anything else. So I’d focus on pretty much any other factor, because your looks will not make or break you, for the most part. How’s your lighting, is your profile projecting a vibe you want (eg, a lot of new girls fill their profile with a list of things they won’t do/don’t like, which comes across so negative), do you have a tip menu with some cheap options, could you make and sell videos, etc. Those kind of things.

I want to be very candid to you. My apologies for the wall of words, but maybe my experience will help you and any other new girl who is very frustrated with making 0 tokens or $0 at pvt sites like Streamate, for example.

MFC is hard for newbies. I had a tough time there, and I was as basing my worth on so little there. I do regret showing too much for just very little token. I didn’t give up on it, because the people I met there were the nicest, but next time when I return there I will have a different attitude. If still bad I will close my account there and never go back. CB was actually worse for me. I’ve been called bad names(not even of the sexual kind lol), even called “Jersey Shore type of girl, and that is not a compliment” LOL so right there I’ve learn that CB wasn’t for me.

Look, I’m currently at the same boat as you. I’ve spend so much money that I didn’t have to start in the industry, borrowed money to buy better equipment, etc, and like you I also measured my worth by comparing myself to the top 100. I remember leaving after a 8hrs live on MFC and sit on the floor and crying, and didn’t help some guys telling me that the tops are always naked, no they weren’t, I’ve watched tops with clothes and some times not even taking a piece off and with just a tip they’ve earned my week goal! It was sad at that time. But I’ve learn to take a break. I know my worth. Learn to know your worth and tell the nay-sayers Fuck Off is HARD, but you are live to make money. You won’t make money by accepting to do things by very little token because X-Girl or Y-Girl is doing so. Or doing flashes for free. Say no. Stick with your NO.

What lesson I’ve learn during my second month of camming was that. I’ve stopped comparing myself. And recently I’ve stopped reading the threads with girls complaining, as I’m basically like a sponge and unfortunately I ended absorbing the bad vibes and that was totally influencing my attitude during live shows.

Also I will agree with everybody else here! Try another site! You may do better there. Or do clips and post on sites like ManyVids or iWantClips or Clips4Sale, and even MFCSHARE, and before I forget, social media(minus Facebook) is your Best Friend! Share some pictures, advertise when you’re live, talk to other girls and follow them too! I actually use it in advantage when I’m live on MFC! I advertise my Twitter account there and got quite few followers from MFC that were also in other websites I use! (Edit: don’t advertise social media on Streamate, you can’t do that there unfortunately! Your customers gonna follow you wherever you go if they are really into you! I have guys who are members in both websites!)

Things DO get better. You need to persevere!

Last edited:
Yup, I had a 0 token last night on MFC too. Three motherfucking hours. I couldn't wait for 3:00 AM, so I could turn off that damn bright-ass lamp.

I should've just stayed my ass off MFC, and went back to watching reruns of All in the Family. :p But nooo...I'm too busy trying to be consistent about getting on MFC at the same time each night. This 'being consistent' thing just ends up backfiring on me (camscore dropping) when it's pretty much the same two premiums hangin' out in my room without tipping. Can't even complain about them, because even though they never tip, they are nice enough, and they at least do a little bit of chatting here and there.

And no, I don't do the 'log off early to save my cam score' thing anymore, because I'd never make money that way (That first hour on cam is usually without tokens...or with very little), and people would just keep missing me.

Have you tried any self promotion? Reddit, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram?

I'm not saying spend a huge amount of time on there. Just throw a few sexy photos out there, use some popular tags. Maybe it will help funnel some traffic into your room.

when i first started i tried several camsites: chaturbate, mfc, niteflirt, imlive, and finally settling on streamate. out of all five sites, streamate seemed to be the site i made the most on the same hours i put into the other sites. im not saying you will have the same experience as me, but i personally believe get your eggs in a lot of baskets first starting out.

definitely advise on getting verified here to help further. it would help knowing what your profile looks like if you want any constructive criticism. i suggest reading every thread you find useful. check out these two sites too: stripperweb and wecamgirls. two other forums with useful industry info and support.

i've been at this 5 years, and do very well on my site now. but there are days and weeks were i still struggle. there was also a time where i struggled weekly first starting out. it's not easy money like it looks. first starting out you have to figure out what makes your stand out. Is it a niche, style, personality, special talent, whatever? basically your hustle.

also start building up your social media following:
https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/s...Yourself-Advertising-Getting-More-Traffic-101
https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?190396-How-To-Maximize-Your-Twitter-Experience
https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?212322-Snapchat-set-up-for-public-amp-premium-101

I remember some days are hit and miss. I came out several nights zero tokens and quit webcam modeling all together and went back to dancing. I was told to switch it up in my chat room, but ill tell you what, I found it kind of hard to try and control my chatroom. Do you ever have that issue?

I agree with what everyone else is saying on here.

Looks aren't what makes you a successful cam model- the models that you may have watched that make it look easy have worked hard as hell to make it appear that way. You aren't seeing the hours of behind the scenes work that they put in and the extreme ups and downs that we ALL face. Running your own business isn't easy and there are days where it will feel like you aren't doing anything right and money just isn't coming in.

My advice: Don't think of failure as a negative. Fail Forward. Take what you aren't succeeding at and learn from it to turn you into the cam model that you aspire to be. You can never be successful without learning from your shortcomings.

Myfreecams is an extremely competitive and tough cam site to start out on! There are plenty of other sites and different ways to hustle that may fit you better. Try them out and find what works for you! Diversify your income by creating clips and then sell them when you're on cam as well. If you don't already have a social media presence, work on building one so that you can direct traffic and build your fan base. Be genuine and focus on cultivating a community.

So I tried Chaterbate last night, and I made a whopping $2.40. :mad: That is literally not enough for a single bus fare in my city. How pathetic. I was on for about 2 hrs and got frustrated so I left. Later I went back on MFC and made a whopping 20 cents. I am feeling really discouraged and depressed. I think I am hanging up my webcam girl hat and FOR GOOD. I can't stand the degradation this is doing to my self esteem. I mean, it is bad enough that I am unemployed with a Masters degree, with unemployment not paying me my entitled unemployment compensation (trying to go through a dispute process with them, since they simply stopped paying me my unemployment comp while still accepting, acknowledging, and processing my biweekly claims, without any word at all that anything was wrong with my unemployment account). It is even worse that my own husband has cheated on me countless times with local strippers, and hasn't even given me any sex in over a month. Yes, I've been involuntary celibate for over a month...how pathetic. I feel horrible about myself.

I had also applied to Streamate and am free to start camming there whenever I'm ready, but I don't feel ready. Every time I merely log onto my profile (without even going live), they make me agree to their rules again and again. Most of the rules are no-brainers (e.g., no minors, no illegal activity, etc) but one of them stood out to me: that Streamate reserves the right to terminate an account if it's not living up to Streamate's expected standards of performance and earnings. That tells me that if I continue with my low low earnings on Streamate, I could essentially get "fired" as a self employed webcam girl. How pathetic would that be? I've already gotten fired (due to no intended fault of my own) from 4 different careers and/or income sources in less than a year: first as a school teacher--my now-fired principal gave me a horrible evaluation, causing me to decide after 7yrs that maybe teaching isn't for me, and me quitting to avoid having a bad evaluation on my record; then fired from an office temp job for a bs reason (the agency blamed me for the job assignment ending, saying it was because office furniture fell on me, which makes no sense to fire a victim; the whole job was very shady and disrespectful and I tried to be a good sport but apparently that wasn't enough); then fired from a volunteer gig because they felt that despite me trying hard and being a nice person, I wasn't experienced enough nor a good fit for hospital "patient care"; and then "fired" from receiving my unemployment compensation, with no warning at all, because apparently one of my prior jobs is fighting it, even though the claim is for the temp job, not even the prior employer. Do I really want to stick around just to get "fired" from being a webcam girl, all because I can't earn anything better than f-ing bus fare? I feel like such a loser. I feel like I'm failing at everything I try or do. Some days I kind of wish the drive-by murderer who'd murdered that poor young man on my block, would shoot me instead. Sorry not sorry if I hate myself. Camming is just making my self deprecation even worse.

It is even worse that my own husband has cheated on me countless times with local strippers
Why is he still your husband?!

Streamate reserves the right to terminate an account if it's not living up to Streamate's expected standards of performance and earnings.
I have never heard of SM doing that, ever. Don’t let that put you off.

Have you considered doing clips? Especially if you cater to fetish, there are a million and one things you can do, and eventually most models find a niche. It might not be what you expect (I made a lot of my sales off noseblowing, lol, not ever my intended market but hey, it works), but it can help. There are people with all kinds of looks on sites like Clips4Sale. There is also a stretchmarks category :p I am fat and made a good living just off clips for a while. It takes a bit longer to get started but I think it’s more fun than camming.

So far the most I've made on any site was Chaterbate about a week ago, I made a "whopping" $28. Whoop de doo. And a guy totally absolutely scammed my gullible ass into thinking he was tipping me 100tk increments up to 800tk before I realized he was faking me out and not really tipping. Go figure, I guess I looked as stupid as I am, and it was my first time using Chaterbate. I guess that's how much my pussy is worth, $0. Like that stupid techno club song from 2005 or so where someone in the song would yell out, "Pussy for a penny! Pussy for a penny!" I guess that's all I am worth.

On top of that, I DON'T EVEN WANT to be a camwhore!!! Do you really think I want to be getting naked, risking family and others seeing me on there, and risking losing my potential careers...including TEACHING and HEALTHCARE???? And to top it off, I'm making less than a Denny's waitress with no tips and no customers...at least a Denny's waitress makes $2.83/hr. Funny but I thought the payoff for lowering my morals, risking other careers, and doing "sex work" was that the money would at least be half decent. Instead, I'm making less than half the minimum wage...on the few days I make anything at all. Sad thing is, I even stooped to applying to jobs like Burger King and IHOP with my Masters, and even THEY wouldn't hire me! One restaurant gave me the total runaround, tried to pawn me off to a neighboring restaurant claiming I have to "apply for the job with the first restaurant at the second restaurant" when in reality they simply didn't have any openings and/or didn't feel like hiring me. Even some AA junkie Kelly got a job there, easily, yet I got rejected, me with my Masters degree and my classy dressy pants outfit I wear to each interview or job application. I'm so sick of this and this life. I'm going to end up losing my house and becoming homeless soon at the rate I'm going. My mother-in-law doesn't give two shits about me either, will probably let my husband move back home if/when I divorce him for all his infidelities, while not giving two cares if I end up homeless under a bridge. I sure hope she sees this too! So upset right now.

Why is he still your husband?!

I have never heard of SM doing that, ever. Don’t let that put you off.

Have you considered doing clips? Especially if you cater to fetish, there are a million and one things you can do, and eventually most models find a niche. It might not be what you expect (I made a lot of my sales off noseblowing, lol, not ever my intended market but hey, it works), but it can help. There are people with all kinds of looks on sites like Clips4Sale. There is also a stretchmarks category :p I am fat and made a good living just off clips for a while. It takes a bit longer to get started but I think it’s more fun than camming.

He's still my husband because...well...I literally can't afford a divorce right now. I've done several consultations and they all tell me the same thing, that they can't help me because I can't afford them, even though I'm willing to ruin my credit charging legal fees to a credit card I know I have no way of paying off. Legal Aide doesn't do divorce stuff in my county or state...trust me I've asked them. And I'm trying to at least get him to pay his paychecks towards the bills (even though his paychecks aren't nearly enough even to cover basic bills) since I make literally $0, and because I feel entitled to him doing this after all the months and years I was stuck being the disgruntled struggling breadwinner while he spent money on strippers. Trust me, I want out. I've already made accounts on Fuckbook and Ashley Madison hoping to find someone to revenge cheat on him with. I even told him this today amidst all my blubbering and complaining about how no employer will hire me, but I think he either wasn't listening or assumed I was just talking shit as usual.

Looking at this trainwreck of a thread I started, I seriously just want to die right now. I want to go where my deceased parent and relatives are. I have an objectively useless Masters degree with a 3.9 GPA, but I am objectively a failure. I just want to go to sleep.

Denny's waitresses can make bank. Plenty of them make more than camgirls. Maybe your attitude is part of the problem. Also, if you have a master's degree in teaching, you're risking an awful lot even trying camming.

Yes I am risking a lot, but no schools will hire me and neither will any hospitals or offices. I spend way more time each day using my computer to job search than to cam. I am risking a lot and it will probably all blow up in my face when I think it can't get any worse.

Serving jobs represent a portion of the jobs I've been applying to. I already explained how I got the runaround at a Denny's type place last week. Horrible. They hire AA junkie addicts but not me. I specifically knew at least 3 of them. One was a thief and a liar. The other one had a lazy "this job is a joke" type attitude, probably because the job seemed menial compared to the biotech lab job she had prior to her raging alcoholism and 2 criminal DUIs. The other had a horrible attitude on the job apparently, didn't last long, but hey she still got farther than me by even getting the job in the first place. All 3 of these girls had criminal records for drugs and/or DUIs. So these two restaurants hire these 3 girls but not me. Worse, they can't even tell me upfront that they have slow business or they're full staffed, no, instead they waste my time. My next step is to attend an AA meeting in my town (which apparently are very popular, since I live in a ghetto ass drug/alcohol ridden town) and pretend to be a recovering alcoholic since apparently AA has a LOT of job networking programs to help recovering addicts get on their feet. Heck, that's what my own husband did when he was facing homelessness a number of years ago; claimed to be an alcoholic (he did drink a good bit back then, but it was more a young partying phase than an actual addiction) just so he could get accepted into an AA-sponsored boarding house and access to jobs that specifically recruited AA members. I know I sound as awful as Edward Norton's character in Fight Club, but hey this is survival mode.

And, yes I have a craptastic attitude right now, in the privacy of my own bedroom, behind a computer keyboard. I can promise you that when I go to restaurants and other job places, I make sure I exude positivity and niceness. In fact, that was one of the things the managers at that restaurant that strung me along had said, that they really liked how upbeat and professional I looked. (But words are meaningless; I want a JOB that pays MONEY, not useless platitudes) I also go on the camsites being very sweet and smiley, but admittedly there are a few times that I get cranky and pissy near the end. Ironically, those are the times when I make any tips at all, as weird and bizarre as that is.

It is even worse that my own husband has cheated on me countless times with local strippers, and hasn't even given me any sex in over a month. Yes, I've been involuntary celibate for over a month...how pathetic. I feel horrible about myself.

I've already gotten fired (due to no intended fault of my own) from 4 different careers and/or income sources in less than a year: first as a school teacher--my now-fired principal gave me a horrible evaluation, causing me to decide after 7yrs that maybe teaching isn't for me, and me quitting to avoid having a bad evaluation on my record; then fired from an office temp job for a bs reason (the agency blamed me for the job assignment ending, saying it was because office furniture fell on me, which makes no sense to fire a victim; the whole job was very shady and disrespectful and I tried to be a good sport but apparently that wasn't enough); then fired from a volunteer gig because they felt that despite me trying hard and being a nice person, I wasn't experienced enough nor a good fit for hospital "patient care"; and then "fired" from receiving my unemployment compensation, with no warning at all, because apparently one of my prior jobs is fighting it, even though the claim is for the temp job, not even the prior employer. Do I really want to stick around just to get "fired" from being a webcam girl, all because I can't earn anything better than f-ing bus fare? I feel like such a loser.

I'm so sorry. Your husband is a damn fool.

Earlier today, some asshole on FB was telling women that men cheat because their women aren't "putting in that work" (working to please them sexually), as if that's really the reason that every cheater cheats. *eye roll* We told him that that's not true, and that it's also some bullshit excuse men like to make to justify being a pig. A guy could have the woman of his dreams (loves him...is loyal...winning personality...gorgeous...a beast in bed...etc.), and his dumb ass would still sneak around on her just because he can, and he's a selfish, inconsiderate ass who thinks with his dick. I'm sure some of these guys know that their lady is so loyal and in love, that she won't leave him even for cheating. Guys like that have it way too good, and don't deserve to have a good woman, IMO. I am sorry to hear that your husband's shitty behavior is making you feel so badly about yourself. And you are NOT a loser. *Hug*

I know the feeling of being fired from a job for some bullshit. Check out these links, when you get a chance:

https://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/
https://ratracerebellion.com/
https://workathomemomrevolution.com/
https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/
https://www.indeed.com/

I'm not really making money anymore with camming on token sites, so I have to focus on other things now. I'm gonna follow my own advice that I'm always giving others, and take a look at the jobs on those above sites I mentioned. May even decide to be the Easter bunny again this year since that's guaranteed money, and I'm not gonna leave my shift having earned $0...

I'm so sorry. Your husband is a damn fool.

Earlier today, some asshole on FB was telling women that men cheat because their women aren't "putting in that work" (working to please them sexually), as if that's really the reason that every cheater cheats. *eye roll* We told him that that's not true, and that it's also some bullshit excuse men like to make to justify being a pig. A guy could have the woman of his dreams (loves him...is loyal...winning personality...gorgeous...a beast in bed...etc.), and his dumb ass would still sneak around on her just because he can, and he's a selfish, inconsiderate ass who thinks with his dick. I'm sure some of these guys know that their lady is so loyal and in love, that she won't leave him even for cheating. Guys like that have it way too good, and don't deserve to have a good woman, IMO. I am sorry to hear that your husband's shitty behavior is making you feel so badly about yourself. And you are NOT a loser. *Hug*

I know the feeling of being fired from a job for some bullshit. Check out these links, when you get a chance:

https://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/
https://ratracerebellion.com/
https://workathomemomrevolution.com/
https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/
https://www.indeed.com/

I'm not really making money anymore with camming on token sites, so I have to focus on other things now. I'm gonna follow my own advice that I'm always giving others, and take a look at the jobs on those above sites I mentioned. May even decide to be the Easter bunny again this year since that's guaranteed money, and I'm not gonna leave my shift having earned $0...

Thank you, Shelly, I will check out those links. And at least I know I'm not alone. If that is you in your avatar, you are very cute and these guys are crazy not to tip you. As for my husband, I might be stuck with him for right now due to financial reasons but I'm done being loyal. We've been living in separate bedrooms now for over 3 wks, after he spent $700 of our mortgage payment on strippers the night I was sick with the flu on his birthday. I'm seriously DISO a guy I can have a revenge affair with, or would that be an exit affair? I might be stuck being his wife "on paper" because I can't afford a divorce, but that doesn't mean I have to stay loyal. I recall a meme where it says "you're a fool to stay loyal to someone who isn't loyal to you."

I was going to strike up a sexual affair with one guy on Ashley Madison (who is a jerk because he cheats on his conservative schoolteacher wife), but I've since decided to silently go MIA on him instead. That's because he burned a bridge with me when we were each sharing our job search experiences (he's already fulltime employed but had been applying to an even better job, for a career upgrade), and he said, "I'm afraid to tell you" and then later upon my prompting, he admitted that he'd gotten an offer for the first job he'd tried applying to, which he didn't want to tell me because he feels sorry for me since he knows I'm getting shafted in my job search. I'm DONE talking to people who pity me and don't forsee me getting a good job anytime soon. I have also stopped talking to my idiot platonic male friend who actually had the nerve to tell me, "McDonalds is hiring."

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
"lowering your morals"

As if camming is somehow an immoral thing to do.

What a delightful attitude you have towards all of us that you came here expecting to help you.

If you need me be over here selling my soul to the devil since camming is apparently a sign of low morals and all...

Ha almost anything and everything! I put down a tip menu which everyone routinely ignores. I put down a token countdown which almost never gets close to fulfilled, which probably just looks embarrassing and desperate. The only token countdown that worked was when I was REALLY crabby and pissed, and sarcastically put up a countdown titled "to get me out of my bad mood and stop frowning". THAT one worked, yet any countdown such as "get me to strip totally naked for the remainder of the session :)" with me acting all happy and social never goes anywhere. Go figure.

"lowering your morals"

As if camming is somehow an immoral thing to do.

What a delightful attitude you have towards all of us that you came here expecting to help you.

If you need me be over here selling my soul to the devil since camming is apparently a sign of low morals and all...

Well maybe if I actually made some money, and not just occasional bus fare, I'd have a better attitude about it. And if camming made me an income, I wouldn't see it as lowering my morals. But stripping and masterbating online for 20 cents? Yes, I think that's immoral. I'm sure any high achieving camgirl would see it that way too, judging by the top earners' expensive tip menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.