AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Livejasmin / Studio 20 and Social Media Privacy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyMoore

Banhammered
Mar 15, 2018
Hi all, I hope someone can help me to clarify this

I have been talking with a Studio 20 / Livejasmin model a little over a month through DM in Twitter and I thought that is her Twitter, the DM conversation is private.(All the posts are hers so is her Twitter not managed by someone else) I am in doubt now if someone is watching everything I say and also in doubt if she is even free to speak her mind there at all, I am not sure after a response through email I got after inquiry.

I sent an email to Studio 20 inquiring about their policy with the models and their social media in regards to privacy in their social media accounts, this is what they said

[We received your inquire regarding the #girlsfromstudio20's Twitter accounts and their social media pages.
Every model from Studio 20 takes care of its social media page but they are screened for their protection.]

then I asked please clarify what exactly screened for their protection means, and they said this

[As members of the #girlsfromstudio20, their conversations are screened and no personal info from any members can get to them nor can they give personal info to people that they talk to on social media.]

could someone that knows how Studio 20 operates or has worked for them shed some light into this please
is everything I am saying being watched and recorded?

I speak with a few studio models and speak lots. They tell me a lot and how things work etc.
I don't know if they are Studio 20 or not but yes, literally for the model's protection the "admin" or "boss" or "trainer" etc will look after and watch all messages, especially if it's someone that is messaging/viewing the model's feed (twitter or room) a lot.

The studio's as far as I am don't record you - they may write things down if it raises any flags with them. Otherwise if it's all innocent and stuff, nothing to worry about.

Reactions: AudriTwo
They are normally looking out for their well being from what I'm aware of.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
The few times I’ve been on LiveJasmin, I noticed it is a very locked down environment. No exchanging any personal info with models and you even have to pay to just email them. Also one time I mentioned another camsite during a pvt show and promptly got a warning from LJ. I understand you are talking about a studio but I imagine they would uphold the same policy. As a guy, I know I love to find ways around the rules to connect with the model. However, the draconian policy on LJ is such a turnoff that I never bothered to stay and just went to MFC instead. I never cared for the finely made up Eastern Europe barbies in faux posh bedroom cages offered by LJ.

Reactions: NotYou
Thx all for the replies. If someone has some information on Studio 20 and what "screened for their protection" or "conversations are screened" of the model's social media actually mean how they do this I would appreciate it, does this mean that they go through each Twitter account reading DM messages? or are they scanning for keywords using a bot in a DM messages? I have tried emailing studio 20 and they would not answer. I know they don't want personal info exchange but are they reading all the personal conversations? that sounds like a communist regime or Nazi Germany

Thx all for the replies. If someone has some information on Studio 20 and what "screened for their protection" or "conversations are screened" of the model's social media actually mean how they do this I would appreciate it, does this mean that they go through each Twitter account reading DM messages? or are they scanning for keywords using a bot in a DM messages? I have tried emailing studio 20 and they would not answer. I know they don't want personal info exchange but are they reading all the personal conversations? that sounds like a communist regime or Nazi Germany

they are reading everything for the model's protection. members can be manipulative fucks, and they want to insure the at most safety for their models. don't worry. it isn't like communist regime or nazi germany.

also to make sure the model isn't taking members off site and ripping off the studio they work for that supplies them with the tools and resources for their job.

they are reading everything for the model's protection. members can be manipulative fucks, and they want to insure the at most safety for their models. don't worry. it isn't like communist regime or nazi germany.

also to make sure the model isn't taking members off site and ripping off the studio they work for that supplies them with the tools and resources for their job.
wow so there is no privacy at all? I have talked about some pretty personal things. I don't like that my conversations are been read. We like talking to each other and I would like to talk to her somewhere else
other than Tweeter DM but it seems that we are being watched everywhere, in free chat, private chat and Tweeter. what to do?

Last edited:
wow so there is no privacy at all? I have talked about some pretty personal things. I don't like that my conversations are been read. We like talking to each other and I would like to talk to her somewhere else
other than Tweeter DM but it seems that we are being watched everywhere, in free chat, private chat and Tweeter. what to do?
Twitter is likely the least secure method of communication because you have no idea who is on the other end. At least in a chat you can be reasonably sure it is the model you are "talking" with (I think some platforms allow a moderator to reply to PMs for the model).

However, this is the internet. Everything you say anywhere is being logged somewhere. It is unlikely there is a human actually reading your conversations in real time, but the logs exist if needed. What likely happens is the studio and/or cam site runs a program that watches the log files for certain words or patterns and notifies a human when detected. The human will then check the logs to see what was going on and if the model/member were doing something not allowed (e.g. exchanging email addresses, phone numbers, talking about other web sites, etc.)

What do you do? Don't exchange email addresses, phone numbers, talk about other web sites, or anything else that might trigger one of their filters. No one really cares about your personal details, the studio is just trying to protect the models.

Hi Slapstick, thanks for your reply, I have been able to verify that is her answering the DM and answering her Twitter posts. This model and me we have become kinda close, yeah I know what some people are going to say, but really we have, she has been consistent in her actions and honesty and the desire to spend her free time talking with me. My biggest concern was very personal things that we have talked about being read by a bunch of people in Studio 20. It makes sense what you said about a search program for key words on a log because there are a number of models with their own Twitters so it would be much easier to monitor them like that by automation.

Roy. You aren't focusing on the reason why they do it. I think you just need to chill and understand that the models are being watched at all times. The studio isn't going to blast your private DMs or judge you or blackmail you. They only do it to protect models and to make sure models aren't poaching clientele.

Calm your titties. They can care less about your personal stuff.

Audri, thanks for your reply,I understand why they do it, protection and business, but I don't like it, I put up with it, but don't like it, I don't like my every move being watched. I am not going to do anything that would put her in danger that is for sure.

If at some point I wanted to talk outside of that environment, do you think there is a way to do it without her having an issue with the Studio?

If at some point I wanted to talk outside of that environment, do you think there is a way to do it without her having an issue with the Studio?

They will fine her if she is caught. That will come across as poaching. I wouldn't have her risk it. Studios can lay on some heavy fines if models break rules.

Don't risk her income because of your selfishness.

So you are saying there is no way out? How is this selfish ? I said this "do you think there is a way to do it without her having an issue with the Studio?" I am looking for a way to communicate circumventing the system, I would never want to put her at risk. I am just looking for options here

• Wat?!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
So you are saying there is no way out? How is this selfish ? I said this "do you think there is a way to do it without her having an issue with the Studio?" I am looking for a way to communicate circumventing the system, I would never want to put her at risk. I am just looking for options here

it's selfish to try to get her to talk on an unmonitored platform that could get her in trouble because you don't like that they monitor the conversations. she already has your contact info, if she wanted to she could bypast them and use her own personal social media.

if you truly don't want to risk her getting in trouble, you will respect studio 20's rules for their models.

She's just there to do her job. If you take actions that puts her job or income at risk simply because you wish to pursue an off-site relationship of some sort with her, that is selfish. Enjoy what you have as it is, or cut it off. But don't try to find a way to get around the protocols. Aside from potentially getting her in trouble, I imagine she doesn't want to talk to you outside of the work setting. If she did, she'd figure out a way to make it happen.

it's selfish to try to get her to talk on an unmonitored platform that could get her in trouble because you don't like that they monitor the conversations. she already has your contact info, if she wanted to she could bypast them and use her own personal social media.

if you truly don't want to risk her getting in trouble, you will respect studio 20's rules for their models.

One thing about this is wrong I think. She wouldn't have his contact info. LiveJasmin wouldn't allow it and I can't believe the studio would either since they sign the same agreement as the models. I don't know much about twitter but the actual contact info must be screened out as well. In fact, that is the stated reason they monitor the accounts is to prevent sharing of personal contact information. On some sites the members and models may have a little more freedom but LiveJasmin is definitely not one of those sites. As far as I know members can also be sanctioned for providing contact info similar to the way models are sanctioned. I have also heard they have the most extensive keyword alerts of any site and I tend to believe that. So in that respect you absolutely correct, it is a huge risk to take.

One thing about this is wrong I think. She wouldn't have his contact info. LiveJasmin wouldn't allow it and I can't believe the studio would either since they sign the same agreement as the models. I don't know much about twitter but the actual contact info must be screened out as well. In fact, that is the stated reason they monitor the accounts is to prevent sharing of personal contact information. On some sites the members and models may have a little more freedom but LiveJasmin is definitely not one of those sites. As far as I know members can also be sanctioned for providing contact info similar to the way models are sanctioned. I have also heard they have the most extensive keyword alerts of any site and I tend to believe that. So in that respect you absolutely correct, it is a huge risk to take.

she knows his handle on twitter since they already communicate through there. I meant contact info like the current social media contact, not literal address or telephone number. she could of easily create an egg account and reach out to him that way if she wanted to.

Scanning communication is the tip of the iceberg. Some studios have men typing at you instead of the girl you see on the screen even. A lot of studios are a collaborative fantasy effort. There's likely no reason for you to try to know her off site. (And yes... you are entitled and selfish for trying or thinking you deserve more from her even at the cost of her job!) The person you're interacting with isn't real. She follows rules. She could have scripted answers for everything. You're winding yourself and waiting by the phone for something that is not real, buddy.

thank you all for the feedback. I talk to her on Twitter regularly, but like I said there is some kind screening system there. she has mentioned meeting but we have never really actually said how, more like "when we meet" kind of statement, was thinking that I should be patient we have been talking only for two months, what I can say for sure is that there is genuine interest on her part. I never had expectations before going in that something like this would occur, it just developed. This is new for me and I am not sure how to go about it. I welcome your thoughts

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
"When we meet" is a pretty common studio theme too. If you know her communications are screened, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Try reading through these like you're screening for yourself a bit.

EE studios are notorious for coaching models to push limits and to lead guys on. Make them keep coming back because they think they have a chance. It's quite sad. You have to always remember camming is first and foremost a job. You have to consider the amount of money you have spent. Would she still talk to you if you stop? Will she bug you to come visit her on cam because she misses you or to spend money on her? It might not seem like much to you, but check out the currency exchange in her country.

@AudriTwo, or anyone else who knows, maybe I just don't understand twitter. But LiveJasmin would never allow exchange of real social media account info in either direction. I understand the studio would have a twitter account for her using her stage name. However the studio said they monitor to prevent specifically the exchange of any real contact info. There has to be a system in place that prevents twitter handles from being shown to the model or that would just be a huge oversight on the studio's part. Why even bother monitoring conversations if you can just send a DM using your real twitter handle? As you said the 2nd component is prevent poaching or the appearance of it. If they allowed that why wouldn't a model just save all that info for when she leaves or to run her business on the side. Am I missing something specific to twitter?

@AudriTwo, or anyone else who knows, maybe I just don't understand twitter. But LiveJasmin would never allow exchange of real social media account info in either direction. I understand the studio would have a twitter account for her using her stage name. However the studio said they monitor to prevent specifically the exchange of any real contact info. There has to be a system in place that prevents twitter handles from being shown to the model or that would just be a huge oversight on the studio's part. Why even bother monitoring conversations if you can just send a DM using your real twitter handle? As you said the 2nd component is prevent poaching or the appearance of it. If they allowed that why wouldn't a model just save all that info for when she leaves or to run her business on the side. Am I missing something specific to twitter?
Twitter is a great marketing tool. On Streamate we also have no giving out contact info rule. But if you use the same handle as your camname you are easy to find with the search bar. Studios also set up their models Twitter. There is no rule for not having social media on LJ, just can't direct them to it.

I understand that's how it works with independent models. I guess I just assumed studio accounts would work differently. It seems pointless to monitor twitter accounts when by the simple act of creating them you both allow possible personal contact as well as the ability for the poaching scenario. One reason the sites don't care if models have social media is because it is not under their auspices. In other words they bear no responsibility for what happens there. I guess it doesn't really matter other than who's choice it is, the model's or the studio's.

However the studio said they monitor to prevent specifically the exchange of any real contact info. There has to be a system in place that prevents twitter handles from being shown to the model or that would just be a huge oversight on the studio's part. Why even bother monitoring conversations if you can just send a DM using your real twitter handle?
You're assuming she WANTS to talk to him (or whichever dude) outside of her cam persona. I assure you the studio isn't hiding any Twitter handles to keep models from desperately contacting members. Non-issue. If she wanted to do so, she easily could. She's contacting him through a medium that's monitored through her job because he is a client. He is a client at her job. I'm not saying that members and models never build something bigger than that, but there is NOTHING in this particular situation to suggest that's happening. When she talks to him about meeting through her monitored account, her studio pats her on the head. The money will come easier now! When she tells him she needs more money before they can meet, they get a percentage and she gets a thumbs up. When, through that monitored messaging, she gets him to switch from Livejasmin to Western Union, high fives all around and you bet the studio is still taking a hefty percentage. It's fine to be fanciful, but grown men and women who ignore common sense pay a price. The price here is about to rise I suspect.

I see what you are saying but that is not what I was assuming. I just don't see the point of monitoring to prevent something that you have just created an avenue to facilitate (either contact or poaching of clients). If it is just to give kudo's to the models who go the extra mile to bring in money for the studio that's fine. Doesn't it seem a little unnecessary to go through the bother for that though? Especially considering one goal is in direct conflict with the other (poaching versus driving more studio profits).

I see what you are saying but that is not what I was assuming. I just don't see the point of monitoring to prevent something that you have just created an avenue to facilitate (either contact or poaching of clients). If it is just to give kudo's to the models who go the extra mile to bring in money for the studio that's fine. Doesn't it seem a little unnecessary to go through the bother for that though? Especially considering one goal is in direct conflict with the other (poaching versus driving more studio profits).
Studios set up their twitters. Models dont own their cam name. You can add multiple profiles to a Twitter app to easily monitor. Like mentioned above, the studio is doing the talking sometimes. Sometimes they are coaching models what to say. But they monitor them at all times. Even in privates. They have team viewer on their computers monitoring and coaching their models.

Studios recognize the benefit for having social media accounts. How much more money has OP spent since his "private" dms. It's all a hustle.

Status
Not open for further replies.