AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech C525 HD Webcam for clips & camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2015
In space, probably
mizzami.bigcartel.com
Twitter Username
@mizzami_cb
Tumblr Username
mizzami
MFC Username
mizzami
Chaturbate Username
mizzami
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/603432/mizzami/
- up to 1280 x 720 HD capture & calling
- up to 8mp photos
- autofocus
- a few more things

Does anyone use this webcam/have experience with it? I'm tight for cash and looking at webcams, I would love to get the c920 but that's just far too expensive for me (especially when you convert it to my currency) but I could get a c525 for under $80.

You can get a refurbished c920 for $52 on amazon.

Yes, but as I said, I still have to convert that into my currency. I don't want to say which currency I use because it gives away where I'm from, but it's not cheap.

Oh, I got mixed up. I assumed the c525 was $80 usd. I get it now. Disregard my comment!
No problem, thank you anyway!
I have a small 20mp/1280p digital camera (I'm looking into getting a DSLR), and I've been trying to get it to work as a webcam/being able to shoot with it while connected to the laptop, but it hasn't been working. I do have an "HD" webcam that I bought from a friend a couple years ago, but I have no idea what brand it is or anything.
I just want to be able to view on my laptop screen, what is happening WHILE I am recording, if it's in focus, aimed correctly, etc. I'd be more than happy to just film on my digital camera but I don't like having to constantly check if everything is okay, and putting it in front of a mirror so I can see the display is horrible because of my eyesight/if I'm filming with my mask on, I can't wear my glasses and I'm blind as a bat!

It's not great, but it can get you started making money until you can afford to upgrade. You can only get 8-megapixel photos by boosting the image with the software that comes with it, which is not the same. The camera itself only does 2-megapixel photos.

No problem, thank you anyway!
I have a small 20mp/1280p digital camera (I'm looking into getting a DSLR), and I've been trying to get it to work as a webcam/being able to shoot with it while connected to the laptop, but it hasn't been working. I do have an "HD" webcam that I bought from a friend a couple years ago, but I have no idea what brand it is or anything.
I just want to be able to view on my laptop screen, what is happening WHILE I am recording, if it's in focus, aimed correctly, etc. I'd be more than happy to just film on my digital camera but I don't like having to constantly check if everything is okay, and putting it in front of a mirror so I can see the display is horrible because of my eyesight/if I'm filming with my mask on, I can't wear my glasses and I'm blind as a bat!

I would buy it like Sevrin said and upgrade when you can. Also becoming verified would help a lot with these questions about recording software etc. lots of good info you can search for in models only

It's not great, but it can get you started making money until you can afford to upgrade. You can only get 8-megapixel photos by boosting the image with the software that comes with it, which is not the same. The camera itself only does 2-megapixel photos.
I would probably use my phone/camera for photos anyway, but yeah that's what I was thinking, use it until I earn enough to get a better cam.

I would buy it like Sevrin said and upgrade when you can. Also becoming verified would help a lot with these questions about recording software etc. lots of good info you can search for in models only
I don't have any sites set up yet, I'm waiting until I know I'll have everything ready and doing my research and whatnot first, so I'm not being thrown in the deep end. I definitely will get verified in the future though!

Right now I have the c525 as well. I am hoping it will work to just get me started as well.
It will work to get started camming, for sure. It isn't the most ideal, but hopefully in short time you'll be able to update to a newer Logitech (most use the C920 as may have been stated already).

Status
Not open for further replies.