AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Looking for support! Please tell me it will all be ok!

• Thread starter Deleted member 69184
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 69184

I have been a cam model for several years so you would think by now I could weather the lows when it’s bad. But it never gets easier for me. Today I tried for 2 hours on SM and it was so dead, made nothing. Then I went to CB where I tried for 1.5 hours and made 1.50. I asked regulars for help on CB and they just left. I am ready to call it quits on both sites. There is little to no engagement on CB. I feel sad that I devoted so much time to cam with no results…then when it’s difficult your followers just leave the room and don’t even want to help out.
I guess I just need support and to know it will all be ok…and that if I decide to quit cam for good that’s ok too.
Its been a rough year on cam and it’s getting harder and harder to deal with the extreme ups and downs.
I need a big hug!

It's common to go a few hours without earning much on a single site, and getting just one decent client can turn things around. 1-2 hours is just a warmup tbh; try for 4-6 hours per session, even if it seems slow. I do 2PM - 8PM, and I'll often make $X.XX during the afternoon and $XXX.XX during the evening. Or vice versa.

I'd highly recommend multi-streaming with SplitCam or ShineModel so you can cast a wider net. My biggest earners personally are Stripchat and Chaturbate, and again often I'll make practically nothing on one site and $XXX.XX on another. Or I'll meet a few great clients on one of the smaller sites who will make my time worthwhile.

Try to work on your camscore by streaming in the max quality allowed and working consistently over a period of time. The higher you rank, the more traffic the sites will send you. Invest in good gear, like a Sony Alpha camera and Lovense toys. In your chat, price actions/services starting at 10-20-30...-100-200-300-...1000 so that clients of all budgets can participate.

Don't worry about followers not wanting to help or participate. The vast majority are just there to watch silently, followed by people who just want free content. Realistically, >1% of total traffic will purchase anything.

Could you explain the logic behind most just wanting to watch silently? Because after all this time I still don’t understand it? I thought the whole purpose of coming to a cam site was the engagement and interaction? And yes I totally agree less than 1% will ever spend.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Summer is always slower for me on average. Usually make 20-30% lower than I do during the other seasons. A lot of that is because I travel a ton, but hourly average tends to be lower.

That being said, have you tried new shows? New interesting backgrounds, cam angles? Are you consistent in your times on so regs can easily find you? Add content to sell?

It's ok if you're burnt out. Camming can be brutal and there's so many new models to compete with. Stripchat used to average 1800-2500 models on at a time when I first started and now I'm shocked when it's below 5000 as it seems to be about 6000-7500. I splitcam 2-3 sites at a time and usually there's one site that gets a ton and the others are slower.

If you're burnt out, or can't ride out the slow times, it's ok. Maybe switch to content and a couple shifts live while you do a vanilla job so bills can get paid and you're not completely out. I don't think I could ever work for a boss anymore though haha

Have you tried camming at completely different hours, to attract a new audience?
Have you tried skype shows, like skyprivate/cammodeldirectory - where you don't need to be on livecam to have a viewer come to you?

(sorry to sound like a broken record on this forum but) what about non-livestream sites; do you do video content? Have you offered customs?
have you tried onlyfans/fansly/etc?

Could you explain the logic behind most just wanting to watch silently? Because after all this time I still don’t understand it? I thought the whole purpose of coming to a cam site was the engagement and interaction? And yes I totally agree less than 1% will ever spend.

I sure do wish I had more members in my MFC chat like you.

No I am a model on CB who streams on occasion and it’s radio silence as always on there. I can’t stream when all people do is enter the room and sit and stare. I find it rude and almost stalking behavior. I had to log off cb once again because I streamed for close to 40 minutes …not a single tip..then when someone asks about oil boobs and I told them the price…they continued to sit there and not tip! I’m getting tired of volunteering my time. But the silence is the worst…and almost no one says a word on CB! Again not sure why they are even there?

Status
Not open for further replies.