AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lost my wallet and phone... can't cash out tokens with out 2 step

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2018
Texas
Chaturbate Username
9fat_inches
cb username: 9fat_inches
So I lost my wallet, phone and passport.. or they were stolen most likely. I need to have the 2step verification removed so I can re add it to my new phone (same phone number). I reached out to support and they are requesting me to take a picture with my original verification document.. which is gone! I went to the DPS and they gave me a temporary ID until I get the new one in the mail. Really don't know what to do at this point. I obviously can verify my face (same face), I can verify via phone number (same phone number), i always login from the same IP, I have birth certificate, social security card, bank statements etc. @punker barbie can you help me

Just a note for the future, use an old phone or get a dirt cheap one purely to use as an authentication device that dosnt leave the house, then if you loose your phone when your out and about you still keep access to all your log ins.

When you set up 2 factor you should have gotten a list of text pass codes to use in the event that you dont have access to the device, I just cant remember off the top of my head if you had to download them or if they were emailed to you but might be worth checking your emails to see if you can find them.

Upvote 0
Yes I remember that when you set up the 2 step it has you copy a list of codes. I emailed it to myself and my husband and downloaded a copy. (I also think what Kingmarti said about using a backup or cheap old phone to have authentication on is an awesome idea. Doesnt help you now but great for the future!)

I actually have a few phones set up, just in case one decides it doesn't want to turn on anymore one day 😂

Upvote 0
thanks appreciate the suggestions. Keeping an extra phone at home specifically for 2fa is a good idea. hopefully they can work with me with what ID I currently have to get me back in quickly.

Upvote 0
Also, id sugest to check ur computer or email, maybe u put somewhere a pic with you holding ur id. I know they are asking one with a specific word written upside down now, but just for cases like this i keep in my pc a pic of my id and one holding it next to my face.

Upvote 0
Also, id sugest to check ur computer or email, maybe u put somewhere a pic with you holding ur id. I know they are asking one with a specific word written upside down now, but just for cases like this i keep in my pc a pic of my id and one holding it next to my face.

Yea I've checked everywhere. I even attempted to use a program to search memory addresses for deleted files. Been going through paper work looking to see I wrote down the back up codes. This will be a lesson learned where it's going to end up costing me potential income, but I wont be making this mistake twice (i hope..).

Upvote 0
I need to have the 2step verification removed so I can re add it to my new phone (same phone number).

Am I missing some thing here?

Login, choose to have the code texted to you, type in the code into CB.
If your new phone has the same phone number as the old phone, the text message should be sent to your phone without problem.
Just like if your friends can still text you work when you get a new phone.

Upvote 0
Am I missing some thing here?

Login, choose to have the code texted to you, type in the code into CB.
If your new phone has the same phone number as the old phone, the text message should be sent to your phone without problem.
Just like if your friends can still text you work when you get a new phone.

Well... I use the authenticator app to get my codes instead of via phone number. If support could change that back to phone number, that would work.

Upvote 0
Well... I use the authenticator app to get my codes instead of via phone number. If support could change that back to phone number, that would work.

Did you setup multiple 2-step methods? or did you just setup google authenticator? If phone is already setup, it should be an option when you login.

Upvote 0
Yea google authentication is the only way I receive my codes unfortunately.
been there done that lol. best way to have it is using phone number lol. even if u loose phone, you an get same number lol. Hopefully suport will find a way to verify its you and give u back access to your account. I know i been thru that a while ago when they thought my account was hacked and felt like forever till i got access back.

Upvote 0
been there done that lol. best way to have it is using phone number lol. even if u loose phone, you an get same number lol. Hopefully suport will find a way to verify its you and give u back access to your account. I know i been thru that a while ago when they thought my account was hacked and felt like forever till i got access back.

Yea even a couple days feels like forever because that's huge income loss.. er potential income loss.. since you can't lose what you never had

Upvote 0
cb username: 9fat_inches
So I lost my wallet, phone and passport.. or they were stolen most likely. I need to have the 2step verification removed so I can re add it to my new phone (same phone number). I reached out to support and they are requesting me to take a picture with my original verification document.. which is gone! I went to the DPS and they gave me a temporary ID until I get the new one in the mail. Really don't know what to do at this point. I obviously can verify my face (same face), I can verify via phone number (same phone number), i always login from the same IP, I have birth certificate, social security card, bank statements etc. @punker barbie can you help me

Im sorry to hear that! I have contacted support and they state they have reached out to again from your last correspondence with them regarding this issue. You should be able to enter and update your account however if there are issues please let them know.

Upvote 0
I just saw this thread and that your problem is resolved, but for future reference you can always have the 2FA code sent via text message. At the bottom of the page where you enter the code from Google Authenticator is a link "Try another way to verify". If you click that link one of the options is to have a code sent via text message. I use it all the time when I am too lazy to go find my phone. If you are considering a second phone just for 2FA take a look at Google Voice. It can forward text messages to another number or an email address and you can always log in to voice.google.com to send/receive text messages.

Upvote 0
I just saw this thread and that your problem is resolved, but for future reference you can always have the 2FA code sent via text message. At the bottom of the page where you enter the code from Google Authenticator is a link "Try another way to verify". If you click that link one of the options is to have a code sent via text message. I use it all the time when I am too lazy to go find my phone. If you are considering a second phone just for 2FA take a look at Google Voice. It can forward text messages to another number or an email address and you can always log in to voice.google.com to send/receive text messages.

Well that's actually a feature you have to turn on in your 2fa settings. I didn't have it set so before when I clicked "try another way to verify" my only option was to contact support. I've switch it on now tho so I can use either txt codes or authenticator.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.