AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense : "Being controlled by tipper: 0.00"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Has this happened to anyone else? I see it happening to different models and I don't think they seem to know how to fix it, even when they turn off the toy and come back with it, it continues.
It will suddenly say on the lovense toolset on screen that "being controlled by tipper" and the timer will display as "0.00" and the little lovense icon on the model's screen (that e users don't see ) counts UP and it keeps on going.
One model had it happen yesterday, she went off cam, turned everything off, and she messaged me in the evening laughing and showed me a photo the icon that displays only for models was STILL counting up because it was still being controlled - it was showing 1,626 minutes.

I have seen it on multiple models. It's not AFTER someone has control that it happens, It seems to be random. Does anyone know what causes it and how to stop/reset it so it goes back to normal?
It happens on both SC and CB so i don't think it's a site problem.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

I haven’t seen that yet, but I’ve been having issues with my toy not reacting until after the timer for the tip just about runs out, and then it will buzz. For the special commands it sometimes does the pattern for the special command and then just whatever normal reaction tier the tip fell into. It seemed to start happening after the last update and reinstalling the extension hasn’t seemed to fix it, so I’d expect it was an issue with whatever was in that update. Hopefully whatever the issue is gets patched soon.

Reactions: NotYou
The syncing aspect seems to be FUBAR. It takes almost a full minute for the toy to react. I'm just not that good of an actress to put up with it any more. Every update screws up some aspect of the software.

Right, it’s frustrating when the toy is supposed to be reacting, and the OBS overlay says it’s reacting, but it’s doing nothing. Then 30-60 seconds later it finally reacts, but not always at the correct level. Like last night I had a tip that was supposed to be 90 seconds at ultra-high and it was only like 15 at low, and even trying to resend it as a test tip to give the tipper what they paid for it isn’t always right and is still delayed. I’ve been fortunate that I don’t generally have a busy room so it’s usually only one or two people tipping at a time and they have been very understanding with the issues so far. The only other thing I can think of that I don’t remember trying yet is to just completely reinstall Lovense Connect to see if maybe that does the trick, but I’m not confident that will make a difference.

Seems like maybe some of the issues have been fixed. While setting up to stream tonight I launched Lovense Connect and did in fact get an update. Afterwards I connected my Lush and ran some test tips and everything seemed to work properly. I won’t say it’s fixed until I get through a couple streams without any issues but it’s a positive sign at least, so @NotYou maybe have that model check to see if she also gets an update and if there is one maybe that will fix her toy control issue as well.

Reactions: NotYou
Not sure about OP, but I’m using the Lush. As @Vixxen81 mentioned though I don’t think that should make a difference since as far as I know all Lovense toys use the same software.
My domi won't charge past 70% any more so I brought the lush out tonight and it's still a full minute behind the tip function.

My domi won't charge past 70% any more so I brought the lush out tonight and it's still a full minute behind the tip function.
Weird. I just hopped online so if I can get anyone to tip I can see if it’s actually working, haha. Test tips are still working properly even after shutting everything down earlier, so it seems like it should be. Do you use the Chrome Extension or Stream Master?

Weird. I just hopped online so if I can get anyone to tip I can see if it’s actually working, haha. Test tips are still working properly even after shutting everything down earlier, so it seems like it should be. Do you use the Chrome Extension or Stream Master?
I use Chrome. I think the test tip is a false sense of security. Of course it's going to work. It may even be that Chaturbate's 5 second delay to simulate live shows is interferring with Lovesnse. I don't know, I'm not a programmer, but there are only so many answers.

I use Chrome. I think the test tip is a false sense of security. Of course it's going to work.
I was actually getting a delay even with the test tip yesterday, so seeing no delay is at least some sign of possible improvement, but it’s a fair point that they’d probably try to make sure that works.

Out of curiosity, when you connect the toy do you do it directly from the extension page in Chrome, or from the Connect app itself? (Sorry for all the questions, tech support is my day job so my natural instinct is to start troubleshooting when things don’t work)

I was actually getting a delay even with the test tip yesterday, so seeing no delay is at least some sign of possible improvement, but it’s a fair point that they’d probably try to make sure that works.

Out of curiosity, when you connect the toy do you do it directly from the extension page in Chrome, or from the Connect app itself? (Sorry for all the questions, tech support is my day job so my natural instinct is to start troubleshooting when things don’t work)
I have the Chrome browser and the Lovense extension. I was extremely pissed off that Lovense App wanted to access my contacts, pics, mic, and videos. So I uninstalled it from my phone.

• Wat?!
Reactions: AudriTwo
I think the recent update has fixed this problem that I wrote about, it hasn't gone back to "being controlled" again from what I have seen, not sure about any other issues though.
Fingers crossed

• Helpful!
Reactions: shygumbo and Ozzie_
Status
Not open for further replies.