AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense OBS overlay

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone use this the other day on Stripchat, but it wasn't working on CB even though she was streaming on both and it would have been in view of both. Not sure how her setup was though so maybe that is why.

Does anyone know how can I install Lovense toolset for OBS? @LOVENSE doesn't explain this in any of their videos I found.

If you follow the guide in the youtube video OP linked, you should be fine. It shows the setup for two overlay tools they published. First one is Smartcam, which you can use if you don't have/can't use OBS, and the other one is the OBS toolset, for OBS users. Options are the same, just the setup is different.

In the video they said install obs, which I had installed for awhile. Then they tell you to install Lovense toolset for obs, which is part I struggle with and they don’t show that step at all.

under windows? download from the Lovense site and install like any windows program. Make sure your OBS is the latest version, it won't install if OBS is not at least version 22.something. The installer might ask you to show it where your OBS is installed. If it installed fine, you should see a new source that can be added in obs, "lovense video feedback" or similar.
Careful though if you uninstall the Lovense OBS Toolset through windows later. It removes not just itself, but all the other sources you have configured in OBS as well, so backup your scenes before.
To safely backup all your OBS settings, including output/stream settings and whatnot, you can just make a copy of the obs folder under C:\isers\username\appdata\roaming\obs-studio.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AnaBee
Sorry for the late reply... I've seen that happen when the OBS version was too low (<22 or so). Try updating OBS and installing the overlay again.

So I finally downloaded the Lovense OBS Toolkit, but I cannot get it to work. I add the "Lovense Video Feedback" to the top of my OBS Sources list. I connect successfully from inside the Lovense Browser and Extension to OBS, and it clearly shows as "Connected". But inside OBS the frame that contains Lovense Video Feedback remains empty. There is no Lovense logo at the top. I tried to add "Bottom Text" and that never appears either.

I thought I might have an OBS versioning problem, so I downloaded and installed the latest OBS 64-bit for Windows. I re-installed the Lovense OBS Toolkit after that. I re-configured the Lovense Browser and Extension to connect to OBS, which it did. I still fail to see anything inside the OBS Lovense Video Feedback area.

What am I missing?

Looks like it installed and connected right this time and you wrote that the Lovense Video Feedback source is at the top of the source list. It should show. May sound like a stupid question, but is the small eye icon to the right of the source activated to make it visible?

Looks like it installed and connected right this time and you wrote that the Lovense Video Feedback source is at the top of the source list. It should show. May sound like a stupid question, but is the small eye icon to the right of the source activated to make it visible?

Not a stupid question, and yes the eye is set to make it visible.

Are there viewers out there that are like: I'm tired of seeing the lovense values in the chat, I would rather them be covering a portion of your screen because thats less distracting :giggle:

Personally I hate the overlay/s on screens, they are, to me, very offputting indeed.
I understand models doing it and wanting to though, to try encourage but for me it discourages me and honestly, 9/10 I will move to another room - it depends how big the overlay is and where though mostly. Most times they need to be very large so they can be readable :(

But with that said, I also don't like the tip overlays, you know, where it has some effect when someone tips that is huge on the screen, saying "xx tipped xx tokens" and has butterflies flying around. That can be annoying as hell if the model is receiving lots of tips because the screen is just full of this overlay and you barely get to see the model.

Anyway sorry for derailing lol.

Reactions: DoD404
Are there viewers out there that are like: I'm tired of seeing the lovense values in the chat, I would rather them be covering a portion of your screen because thats less distracting :giggle:

Personally I find the Lovense OBS application annoying. It is hard to read and has poor contrast to the video.

And annoying TIMES TEN is the OBS roll-the-dice option, which is literally done in a way that would only be understood by your viewers who have college degrees in abstract math or hieroglyphics.

The Lovense overlay has two advantages in my opinion:
- I often saw levels and durations advertised in chat-announcements that were different from the real setup. As far as I know, the Lovense overlay can not be faked and always shows the true levels and durations that are set up (if this assumption is wrong, please correct me).
- You can see for how long the vibrations last for that you were tipping. If the vibrations you were tipping for will end for example in 10 seconds or in 3 minutes. While tipping for different levels, patterns and randoms, this is pretty helpful. Or does anyone want to calculate the times of the tips and use a watch when he is in a private?

The big disadvantage is obvious: The overlay is visually really annoying.

- You can see for how long the vibrations last for that you were tipping. If the vibrations you were tipping for will end for example in 10 seconds or in 3 minutes. While tipping for different levels, patterns and randoms, this is pretty helpful. Or does anyone want to calculate the times of the tips and use a watch when he is in a private?

This part I like too. But they could implement vibrator notifications without a requirement to show the overlay during calm periods.

So I finally downloaded the Lovense OBS Toolkit, but I cannot get it to work. I add the "Lovense Video Feedback" to the top of my OBS Sources list. I connect successfully from inside the Lovense Browser and Extension to OBS, and it clearly shows as "Connected". But inside OBS the frame that contains Lovense Video Feedback remains empty. There is no Lovense logo at the top. I tried to add "Bottom Text" and that never appears either.

I thought I might have an OBS versioning problem, so I downloaded and installed the latest OBS 64-bit for Windows. I re-installed the Lovense OBS Toolkit after that. I re-configured the Lovense Browser and Extension to connect to OBS, which it did. I still fail to see anything inside the OBS Lovense Video Feedback area.

What am I missing?

Did you change any margins or something like that in the lovense extension?

Did you change any margins or something like that in the lovense extension?

I expanded the red frame to fill the display window. There are no properties for the Lovense Video Feedback so I am not sure how you would modify "margins"

I expanded the red frame to fill the display window. There are no properties for the Lovense Video Feedback so I am not sure how you would modify "margins"

if you open the lovense extension you have a tab Video feedback, on which you choose to connect to the toolset, smartcam or none, and further below those settings you can adjust margins and some more things.

You could conduct a non-token poll (or even a token one) and ask your viewers if they like the overlay. Obviously it's your room and you can run it however you like but that could be a way to get some feedback. I've thought about this but I'd like to wait til I have more viewers for a larger sample size haha.

You could conduct a non-token poll (or even a token one) and ask your viewers if they like the overlay. Obviously it's your room and you can run it however you like but that could be a way to get some feedback. I've thought about this but I'd like to wait til I have more viewers for a larger sample size haha.
If I were a cam model, I would probably ask individual viewers what they think about it, but I would never make a poll regarding something like this where every viewer has the same weight.

For example: a middle-small room that has 1 viewer from whom you receive >10,000 tokens per month, 1 >5,000, 6 >1,000, 25 >100, 30 >20, 80 >0 and 1000 from whom you receive 0 tokens. I think that the opinion of the 33 guys with >100 tokens per month should be interesting for a model, perhaps also the opinion of the 30 further guys with >20. But I would think that the other 1,080 viewers should be nearly irrelevant for your decision.
And what will you do if the result is 90:10, but your 2 big-tipping regulars were voting for the losing opinion? Do you ignore the result? Or do you tell your 2 big-tipping regulars that their opinion is worth less than the opinion of the (nearly-)non-tipping viewers?

And regarding a token-based poll: Of course, your big-tipping regulars could vote many times for their choice to change the result to their choice. But I think that most of your viewers would not be happy if one viewer "buys" the result with tipping hundreds of times for the result of his choice.

Conclusion: A poll might be a good idea regarding what the audience wants to see as next action, but regarding something like this, I think that it might be difficult.

Reactions: CodyReadsBooks

What am I missing?
That’s my issue too!! Nothing works

Hello!
I've got an issue with the Lovense OBS plug-in...
I had it on my old PC for a while, now I'm with my new computer and after I installed it, OBS won't launch. Nothing.
If I uninstall the plug-in OBS starts again but with my scenes deleted.
I've tried 3 times and still stuck with this issue.
I've checked and both are x64 softwares on a 64bit system, both updated to the latest version.
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.