AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense Problem

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goneDude1

Deactivated Account
Sep 10, 2011
These toys are great and are gaining in popularity over ohmibods.

There is one huge problem with the software required for these to work, it don't !!!

The model extension needed to run the software is only available for google chrome browsers. Google have since about version 47 of chrome disabled any extension that is not downloadable from the google store.

Lovense cam extension is only available from their website https://www.lovense.com/cam-model/guide/add-extension-manually
If you follow these instructions the extension install will fail
MWSnap 2016-03-30, 09_16_22.png
I'm of a technical level to create a crx file and install the extension which is fine until you use it or re-start chrome then you will see this
MWSnap 2016-03-30, 09_05_03.png
No matter what you do you will NOT be able to enable it therefore rendering the software unusable in the model's chatroom. This is on google chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 m (64-bit) Windows 10

What I have found disturbing is the models who have Lovense in their topics yet clearly the software is not running in their rooms, faking that the toy is reacting to tips. I approached 6 such models politely asking about this and each and every single one banned me. One did pm before she banned me and I offered to help to set it up for her and was told in no such terms it was working and that I was freeloading idiot :eek:

I spent a whole day finding a solution to this problem with no thanks to Lovense Devs who can't seem to grasp what I have said in this post !!

Note: If any models do have this problem feel free to pm me under my nick on MFC for a workaround

Followed instructions on page you linked. Installed for me. I don't have one to test further though.

Screenshot - 3_30_2016 , 4_01_18 AM.png

Screenshot - 3_30_2016 , 4_01_37 AM.png

Screenshot - 3_30_2016 , 4_04_41 AM.png

Reactions: Puffin
Just a further note: After I just posted that I tested further by shutting down chrome and then restarting. Chrome popped up this message immediately before loading any of my other extensions. I left it on and the extension is still enabled. Hitting cancel in that box loaded everything else normally then.

Screenshot - 3_30_2016 , 4_06_43 AM.png

I turned off developer mode and it still left it enabled. Restarted chrome again and it still started up with that message again. Only when I disabled it in the extensions list did it actually go disabled. So it appears to be working as it should on mine, just with that annoying warning box.

Oh, and restarting Chrome did do that update showing in the previous post. So I'm on the same version as OP now, also with 64 bit Win 10.

Screenshot - 3_30_2016 , 4_18_11 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
I notice your chrome is 32 bit not 64 bit

Edit: Downloaded again just now and it appears they have modified something since last night.
Now getting same result as JoBerry on both 32 and 64 bit

Last edited:
I notice your chrome is 32 bit not 64 bit

Edit: Downloaded again just now and it appears they have modified something since last night.
Now getting same result as JoBerry on both 32 and 64 bit

While you edited that I double checked with my Chrome Portable App I run off my usb stick. It's 64 bit. (I originally thought you meant your win 10 OS was 64 bit, not just Chrome. The OS is what I was referring to in my previous post.) It worked in there too. So it probably has been updated since you first tried. Maybe it finally clicked with the lovesense people what you were telling them and they changed it.

Screenshot - 3_30_2016 , 5_16_14 AM.png

Screenshot - 3_30_2016 , 5_16_34 AM.png

The extension is not in the Google Chrome store anymore because a competitor told Google about it (they looked into it and deemed the content of the extension, "sexually explicit"). We tried speaking with Google, but their robotic replies didn't do anything. So now, you need to load the app in developer mode.

We know this is not good for the long term. Ways to bypass this issue are not easy to implement- we basically need to create our own browser. We're in the middle of a couple projects right now, though as this took us by surprise. We'll be doing our best to have an easier way to install and use the extension.

While you edited that I double checked with my Chrome Portable App I run off my usb stick. It's 64 bit. (I originally thought you meant your win 10 OS was 64 bit, not just Chrome. The OS is what I was referring to in my previous post.) It worked in there too. So it probably has been updated since you first tried. Maybe it finally clicked with the lovesense people what you were telling them and they changed it.

View attachment 61923

View attachment 61924

We haven't changed anything this was posted...

If you're having issues with one particular version of Chrome please let us know at models@lovense.com. This will help us make sure this page (directions on how to load the extension) are up-to-date:

http://lovense.com/cam-model/guide/add-extension-manually

Reactions: samijanemfc
The extension is not in the Google Chrome store anymore because a competitor told Google about it (they looked into it and deemed the content of the extension, "sexually explicit"). We tried speaking with Google, but their robotic replies didn't do anything. So now, you need to load the app in developer mode.

We know this is not good for the long term. Ways to bypass this issue are not easy to implement- we basically need to create our own browser. We're in the middle of a couple projects right now, though as this took us by surprise. We'll be doing our best to have an easier way to install and use the extension.

We haven't changed anything this was posted...

If you're having issues with one particular version of Chrome please let us know at models@lovense.com. This will help us make sure this page (directions on how to load the extension) are up-to-date:

http://lovense.com/cam-model/guide/add-extension-manually

You have been changing things as the link to the download was pointing to a non existant .crx file at one point ;)

That option to run in developer mode is due to be removed very shortly, yet again google acting like microsoft with IE in the 90's :punch:

If google don't relent on allowing the app in the store the only option does seem to build your own browser from chromium source i guess, which kinda defeats the purpose of using an extension for a browser already installed by millions of users.

You have been changing things as the link to the download was pointing to a non existant .crx file at one point ;)

That option to run in developer mode is due to be removed very shortly, yet again google acting like microsoft with IE in the 90's :punch:

If google don't relent on allowing the app in the store the only option does seem to build your own browser from chromium source i guess, which kinda defeats the purpose of using an extension for a browser already installed by millions of users.

Yes, we did make it a .crx file for a couple of days-- but then after all that work, we realized Google wouldn't let it run since it was side-loaded.

...and yes, it does kind of defeat the purpose, but our end goal is to make it as easy as possible for models to install it. Right now, it's not ideal. We'll also try to optimize the browser to have killer upload speeds- we've gotten some complaints about Chrome regarding this... but this is not an easy project. Not sure when it will be completed =(

Lastly, thanks for your email-- responding now =)

wtf Google

How did you miss Google Reader, Google Wave, Google Answers, Google Video, Google Docs and many many more.

Don't rely on Google to support, develop or maintain anything. The core product is Google Ads and the search that supports it, everything else is expendable.
I was referring to Google and all it encompasses. Especially annoying was when they pulled the plug on the youtube downloader I was using.

Is the extension available for and updated through Chromium without any interaction with the Google store?

Google, Iron, dragon, etc etc are all based on chromium source. Just tested on my Linux box and works fine on chromium there.

Yup google has become evil, we now rely on so much that it owns you have to do as they say or become outcast !!

They stopped silverlight and java support with NO real valid reasons, what next after extensions. Website restrictions ?

Reactions: SensualFreeSpirit

Citation needed - how would developers write and test their extensions then? I also see no mention of that on the chromium blog.

We'll also try to optimize the browser to have killer upload speeds- we've gotten some complaints about Chrome regarding this... but this is not an easy project.

Honestly, trying to build your own browser, even if it's a chrome fork, is *not* a good idea: how will you ensure security patches are applied quickly enough? How can the models trust that your version isn't tainted in bad ways? I've seen way too many chrome forks fail on those issues. Also, odds are that you will be unable to solve those issues - Google has teams dedicated to making the internet fast and if they haven't fixed it, odds are your team wont either.

I was referring to Google and all it encompasses. Especially annoying was when they pulled the plug on the youtube downloader I was using.

Huh? Youtube never offered downloaders or any support for them for obvious reasons.

Huh? Youtube never offered downloaders or any support for them for obvious reasons.
There was a Chrome extension for this, until Google disabled it. Still works on Firefox though.

There was a Chrome extension for this, until Google disabled it. Still works on Firefox though

Yeah there use to be quite a few downloaders in the Chrome webstore. Google banished all of them from Chrome.

They stopped silverlight and java support with NO real valid reasons,

Silverlight can still work. On my linux mint Chromium won't work with streaming Amazon Prime videos because they still require silverlight and it won't work with Chromium. But installing Chrome itself under mint allows it to play.

Yeah there use to be quite a few downloaders in the Chrome webstore. Google banished all of them from Chrome.

Extensions existing on the store != being sanctioned or allowed at all. Those are all in violation of the ToS of both Youtube and the extensions, so it is not suprising that they were removed.

They stopped silverlight and java support with NO real valid reasons, what next after extensions. Website restrictions ?

I missed this one - there is a very valid reason : NPAPI is an horrendous piece of technology that is pretty much impossible to make secure, which is why the industry as a whole (Microsoft and Mozilla are doing it too) are deprecating it - the web has moved on and there's good alternatives for all of this on HTML5.

First time using the Lush tonight and becoming frustrated because my FPS has become terrible with the app (on Google Chrome), as well as my sound not working. Notably, I should have bought an external webcam first, but I bought the lush on an impulse because of the sale. Definitely think that things would be going more smoothly if I wasn't using my laptop's webcam (even if it's a core i7) so that's my bad. Just adding to the conversation in case anyone else runs into these problems too. Troubleshooting as we speak, but if anyone has any advice in the meantime, I would love to know! I'll let y'all know if I'm able to fix everything successfully :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Mature-Robyn
First time using the Lush tonight and becoming frustrated because my FPS has become terrible with the app (on Google Chrome), as well as my sound not working. Notably, I should have bought an external webcam first, but I bought the lush on an impulse because of the sale. Definitely think that things would be going more smoothly if I wasn't using my laptop's webcam (even if it's a core i7) so that's my bad. Just adding to the conversation in case anyone else runs into these problems too. Troubleshooting as we speak, but if anyone has any advice in the meantime, I would love to know! I'll let y'all know if I'm able to fix everything successfully :)

Okay so I'm still having trouble with logistics whenever it comes to this toy. I've uninstalled, restarted my computer, reinstalled, and am still having issues with sound. Whenever I receive tips for the lush, I feel the vibrations, but there's no sound in my room! I feel kind of dumb right now because I can't find anything in the models only forum concerning my issue ha.
Feeling conquered, I decided to order the Logitech earlier than I had planned based on budget and I'm hoping that my issues will be resolved..
One final question: How do I play background music while using the app?! I'm having such a hard time trying to figure what feels like the BASICS out :/

Damm, I was THIS close to buying one of the toys.

I FUCKING HATE GOOGLE, & NOT just b/c of this BS. My issues with them go way back to 2012.

Nothing has changed with the plugin. it still works. there no reason to think it's going to stop working. Mate_ was confused about other changes to chrome.

my lush worked just fine until NOW!it doesn`t read the tips,i can give someone else control over it but that s it,i reinstalled the extention and everything

my lush worked just fine until NOW!it doesn`t read the tips,i can give someone else control over it but that s it,i reinstalled the extention and everything
tried the new browser Lovense has?

This toy works over wifi, right? Does it work over wifi over long distances, or must the toy and the app be on the same network?

Status
Not open for further replies.