AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense webcam vs logitech streamcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2023
I just realized Lovense has a webcam. I have a logitech streamcam and am willing to upgrade to the lovense streamcam if it is worth it, anyone have any experience with this?

The Lovense Webcam is fully compatible with Lovense Software, which means it is tip-activated! Learn more: https://www.lovense.com/p/2vNjdx
With any cam via obs and bots, plugins all are, honestly don't see why one would pay an extra $100+ for this cam over the name brand one or any ohter like it lol
Lovense products are great and all, but the cost is crazy I feel for this cam

With any cam via obs and bots, plugins all are,

So through OBS, a model can set it so their "ordinary" webcam will change zoom when I tip a certain amount?

This appears to be the only "tip activation" capability it has. The "demo" (sales) video on the site shows tip values to zoom in on "boobs", "face", and "leg".

honestly don't see why one would pay an extra $100+ for this cam over the name brand one or any ohter like it lol
Lovense products are great and all, but the cost is crazy I feel for this cam
It does seem quite expensive.

So through OBS, a model can set it so their "ordinary" webcam will change zoom when I tip a certain amount?

This appears to be the only "tip activation" capability it has. The "demo" (sales) video on the site shows tip values to zoom in on "boobs", "face", and "leg".

It does seem quite expensive.
OK the zoom or pan etc based on tips, I would say others don't have, but was mostly meaning on screen notice etc, the move cam based on tip is probably unique to that cam.

Reactions: Ozzie_
You're paying $100 more for nifty stickers that allow the zoom on those boob/face/pussy tips.

I will tag here @Nigerian Prince - the master of cameras knowledge. I hope you dont mind ,but you helpled me a lot Nigerian Prince!
Well I wouldn't say I'm the master of cameras lol, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I don't think it's worth the upgrade unless you really want to make use of the tracking features. It does have slightly better picture quality, but for the same price there are other things you can do to improve that, like investing in lighting.

I tried to log into Chaturbate ten times on the lovense browser and kept getting an error. I turned the toy off, switched to Internet Explorer whatever version it is at this point and was immediately logged in and back to broadcasting. I am so done with Lovense. You're not thoughtful of any processes and just greedy thinking you own the cam toy market. I make more money without your products than I ever did with them.

Never did use there browser, or IE, I rather use Brave or chrome for browsers. Havent used on of there toys online for a while, so not sure how moody it is, but do recall at times having problems with plugin connecting/login.
There has been many updated since then, suppose i should give it a shot again one day LOL

If anyone is having issues with Chaturbate, or steaming on any site, please DM me your Lovense account info or Chaturbate username and we will look into the problem!

Reactions: Rytar
The lovense software was very unreliable for me and would constantly drop my stream inexplicably! I also had a negative experience with the tech support while actively streaming. They failed to communicate the privacy protocol or why they wanted full disk access to my device whilst streaming, and in doing so my whole stream was disabled-- just felt very invasive. I had to uninstall and reinstall yadda yadda like a thousand times before I gave up on that software and switched to OBS.
I ALSO still use the Logi Streamcam and I GOTTA SAY: it's not great. I ordered it on amazon and got a clearly refurbished camera so they refunded me in full!! Which is why I still use it + usb-c connection is nice.
My advice would be to opt for a webcam that is compatible with your device but also has compatible software (ie, not logi Ghub for mac) to tune your image quality!

bluey's two cents on the lovense webcam is, if you happen to decide the tip interaction feature is going to be useful, then that might be worth going for the webcam, but in terms of AI functionality, the Insta360 Link is a little more advanced than the Lovense webcam. They both use the same sensor size so picture quality subjective to lighting is going to be basically identical. OBSBot is soon releasing their Tiny 2, to compete against Insta360 Link so we'll see how that webcam turns out once it comes.

As for image quality, OBS is not all that great for color grading, so if anyone feels like the colors are off on their webcam/camera display, download DaVinci Resolve, which is completely free for doing color corrections and there are very helpful and thorough videos on youtube of how to manually color grade without needing an expensive color checker, which you can also just optionally buy a very good color checker (usually around $300), use it to color grade your webcam/camera and then return it and get your money back.

for webcams like Razer Kiyo Pro Ultra, Elgato Facecam Pro & NexiGo Iris, which are the only three other webcams on the market worth mentioning, the Kiyo Pro Ultra can only record in 24 fps in 4K, so if you use your webcam and not a professional camera/photographer for video/other related recording content, you won't want the Kiyo Pro Ultra. Aside from that, it does have the biggest sensor (Sony Starvis 2) of any other webcam, which allows it to* define textures better than other webcams but just by a little, but for strictly streaming use in 1080p50 or 1080p60, the Kiyo Pro Ultra is very nice, it also has a 1.7f aperture so you can get some pretty nice background blur (bokeh) through Nvidia Broadcast and its feature controls in Razer Synapse are pretty good.

Elgato's Facecam Pro however, while it's nice having 4K 60, allowing to record in 4K 50 or 4K 60 and having that option on your recorded content to then downscale to 2K and/or 1080p/720p at those higher framerates, the auto focus on the Facecam Pro is not desirable at all, it's mainly tailored to twitch-type streaming, where you're mostly sitting in one position at a fixed distance where you thereby set up manual focus. Its auto focus often hunts and also takes some time to capture and the image can be a little grainy if you do not color grade properly through editors like DaVinci Resolve. Elgato Facecam Pro also has really nice feature controls in its software. that's pretty much that.

NexiGo Iris, uses the same sensor as the Elgato Facecam Pro (Sony Starvis) so it also does do pretty good in low light. its 1080p for some reason does not seem to look as good as the Kiyo Pro Ultra or Elgato Facecam Pro, but still looks pretty good nonetheless with minimal editing plug and play, but this webcam bluey would also suggest color grading in DaVinci Resolve.

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieCosplay
Status
Not open for further replies.