AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MacBook to cam with!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you can afford it, sure. macbooks are decent to cam with.

i would aim for an i7 processor instead of an i5. but depending on the site you plan on camming, i5 should be plenty.

if you can afford it, sure. macbooks are decent to cam with.

i would aim for an i7 processor instead of an i5. but depending on the site you plan on camming, i5 should be plenty.

Thank you, I don’t want to spend tooo much on a laptop, I just love macs so hoping that one is okay

Hi,

I am looking to start camming soon (I need to get a laptop to do so ASAP)

I love MacBooks, I’m looking into getting this one.
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6982067

Just wondering if this was going to be powerful enough to cam with as I have no clue!

Thank you xx
This is what I have, but the mid-2014 version. I cammed on it for almost 2 years when I started out! Heck, cammed with it for like a month this last summer. They're pretty tough and user-friendly. One thing I would suggest is also getting an external hard-drive, the one you're getting is going to fill up quick. And some sort of cooling pad, that aluminum gets HOT when you're making that 'puter work! The built-in mic and webcam are actually fairly decent if you're just starting out as well, not going to give you crazy good HD but I believe it'll do 720p. I used it for a bit when I was having issues with my webcam last year and no one complained. If you're going to play music in the background definitely get a separate speaker though because it'll drown out your built-in mic. Of course upgrade your webcam with a good mic when you can though if you haven't got one already, I suggest the c930e for Macs. Also the 13-inch is totally sufficient with the retina display, it's small but everything comes out crystal clear.

That all being said, you can get a PC for cheaper with the same type of power (or better). I much prefer to cam from my PC, but that MacBook will last you a long time! I'm typing from mine right now, it's a great personal laptop. :)

This is what I have, but the mid-2014 version. I cammed on it for almost 2 years when I started out! Heck, cammed with it for like a month this last summer. They're pretty tough and user-friendly. One thing I would suggest is also getting an external hard-drive, the one you're getting is going to fill up quick. And some sort of cooling pad, that aluminum gets HOT when you're making that 'puter work! The built-in mic and webcam are actually fairly decent if you're just starting out as well, not going to give you crazy good HD but I believe it'll do 720p. I used it for a bit when I was having issues with my webcam last year and no one complained. If you're going to play music in the background definitely get a separate speaker though because it'll drown out your built-in mic. Of course upgrade your webcam with a good mic when you can though if you haven't got one already, I suggest the c930e for Macs. Also the 13-inch is totally sufficient with the retina display, it's small but everything comes out crystal clear.

That all being said, you can get a PC for cheaper with the same type of power (or better). I much prefer to cam from my PC, but that MacBook will last you a long time! I'm typing from mine right now, it's a great personal laptop. :)

Thank you so much!

I was planning to get a portable hardrive anyway, I never usually store anything on a pc as I find it slows it down.

I’m looking forward to purchasing to start camming!

Reactions: Magnolia
Hey, I would recommend going with an older MacBook Pro model. I personally think the USC-C ports are a nightmare for camming on the 2017 models. Spend the money you will save buying an older model on an i7 processor or 16GB of RAM instead I think!! This laptop is new and shiny but don’t you want traditional USB ports to work with instead of having to use converters all the time to USB-C?

Plus in my opinion the MagSafe charging strips are a great safety feature and they’re replaced by USB-C on this model. I don’t have a 2017 MacBook Pro but I DO have a MacBook with a new USB-C port serving as a charging port, and once I tripped over the cord and the whole thing went crashing to the ground and got damaged. This never ever used to happen when MacBooks used MagSafe chargers and they’re so delicate that I would honestly never spend that much on a Mac Laptop without a MagSafe charger again...

Just my two cents! I cam from a 2015 15” MacBook Pro with i7 / 16GB RAM / 256 GB SSD and its amazing tho sadly a lot more expensive than the one you’re considering, but I needed the extra features for video editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.