AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Makeup Tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Vega

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 6, 2016
Twitter Username
@TheValVega
I was interested in learning how to do my makeup and I thought you all might have some people you follow that you would be willing to share. So for those of you that get their makeup skills from watching other people, please share who you follow!

Reactions: nekogasuki
My favorite is carli bybel. I found her by googling makeup artists with my same skin/hair/eye color so finding specific looks and shades was easier. I'm not good at matching colors without inspiration! Good luck!

I'm a huge fan of NikkieTutorials -- her makeup looks are a lot more intense than mine but she's very personable and fun, and she has some how-to videos that are good! If you search her channel or sort by most popular there's some like how to contour, how to apply lipstick like a pro, etc.

Love her! But anyone basically with the "for beginners" I would search on YouTube and find different people. I am new to the makeup thing but my eyebrows were on fleek the other day from practicing over and over.

Another tip also is that I go to the mall about twice a month and get makeup tips from the girls there. Anything from the right lipstick to what's in for the season. And I watch them do makeup too while we talk. Putting all those skills together will just make you the best!

When I first started makeup, I knew that I loved my eyes, so I wanted to make them my sticking point every time, so I started watching eyemakeup tutorials. This one is great for the Naked 1 palette, and generally good for showing how to blend:

For figuring out what I was doing wrong:

How to do a sharp wing (still working on that):

(though now I sometimes use a note card to help, since my right side is kinda sloped different than my right, so it's harder)

For highlighting and contouring and wee (she does a LOT, you don't need to do this much, I sometimes just use a quick swipe of bronzer as a contour and my highlighter):

(I looooove her collab with Becca cosmetics, btw, I use her highlighter all the time, I have the color champagne and it's juuuust the right color for my skintone)

For eyebrows (if you want instagram brows)

Color Correcting (Loooooove her and everything she stands for)

I'm sure I'll think of more... but this is a bit of a spam lol

Remember, though, that how something looks on someone it might look different on you if only because skin tones, undertones and everything, are different. A lipstick that looks fabulous on you might make me look sick, and vice versa, and what blush works for someone like my sister, might make my mom look like a clown. And, as always, blend blend blend and when in doubt BLEND!

I don't have anyone specific I follow, but I'm curious if anyone has tricks for covering texture problems, think baggy eyes (even if color is right you see the bags), stretch marks, etc.
I've taken to using a loose powder on a big brush over some problem areas (like the tummy that's carried 3 huge kids) and it seems to help some, but my cam definition is forgiving.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
For texture issues - exfoliation and primer.
I like the Smashbox photo finish primer personally. I also use the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion to prevent creasing shadow. I put a little bit under the eye as well where concealer typically creases. Also, a good blending brush is the Sephora Airbrush foundation brush - applies foundation like a dream!
I have the original Urban Decay Naked palette, the 2nd naked palette and the third - great buys. All wearable/you will get your moneys worth out of investing in these palettes.
I used to watch Youtube videos all of the time but stopped a few years back - I should start again. I love makeup!

Kandee Johnson is one of my favorite makeup youtubers! She's an amazing artist if you haven't heard of her already.

I don't have anyone specific I follow, but I'm curious if anyone has tricks for covering texture problems, think baggy eyes (even if color is right you see the bags), stretch marks, etc.
I've taken to using a loose powder on a big brush over some problem areas (like the tummy that's carried 3 huge kids) and it seems to help some, but my cam definition is forgiving.

If you want to cover up stretch marks, there is a great foundation you can try: http://www.dermablend.com/home

I use Kat Von D's foundation as well because I have really terrible acne scars, and it flawlessly covers it all up. I'd check her makeup out, too.

I am not sure if you mean baggy like what I perceive it to be. I have very deep, dark eyes. Purple black under eyes. I was recently in a panic trying to figure it out when I switched to filming better quality. I also have deep creases under my eyes so then I look old which I am, but whatever. I have since discovered magic.

Becca under eye brightener. You only want to use a VERY small amount of product.
Bare minerals concealer over top. BAM. DONE.
This doesn't settle into creases for me.

DO not put a ton of product under your eyes if you have creases, it emphasizes the creases, with the right product combo you won't need a ton of product.

I am not sure if you mean baggy like what I perceive it to be. I have very deep, dark eyes. Purple black under eyes. I was recently in a panic trying to figure it out when I switched to filming better quality. I also have deep creases under my eyes so then I look old which I am, but whatever. I have since discovered magic.

Becca under eye brightener. You only want to use a VERY small amount of product.
Bare minerals concealer over top. BAM. DONE.
This doesn't settle into creases for me.

DO not put a ton of product under your eyes if you have creases, it emphasizes the creases, with the right product combo you won't need a ton of product.
you are a godsend. I've always had deep undereye lines, ever since I was a kid, and a life since a teen of having insomnia has not helped. Gonna try this, stat!

I've just started getting into make up recently and the thing that caused me to suddenly realise how much I liked it, was buying more 'high end' products that actually work. When you see something actually having an effect, it's so much easier to be excited by it, I'm now hooked and I'm buying new products with every paycheck haha.
I've become an Urban Decay fiend, they're definitely the brand for me! I base a hell of a lot of my purchasing on cruelty free as the first thing to check off, which makes it easier to whittle down brands, because otherwise it can be a bit daunting, I think the best thing to do is maybe go to your nearest department store and have a look at the different counters, have a chat to the people that work there and discover which one suits your style and needs better!

Reactions: ExcellaExe
I was interested in learning how to do my makeup and I thought you all might have some people you follow that you would be willing to share. So for those of you that get their makeup skills from watching other people, please share who you follow!

I personally watch YouTubers Alissa Ashley (especially because she has hooded lids like me!) and Stephanie Nicole (I love her reviews).

Good luck with learning how to do makeup! ♡ Please remember that there is no "wrong" way; figure out some looks that work for you, and experiment, experiment, experiment!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
Oooh, thanks for starting this thread! So far I'm pretty hopeless with makeup, partly because I'm blind in my right eye. This might be cringe worthy to those of you who are professionals, but - when it comes to my left eye - I just put it on blind and fix it after.
2017 goals:
- do the splits
- unravel the mystery that is makeup :p

Status
Not open for further replies.