AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

malware?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2019
Central Texas USA
I searched these forums for malware/ransomware/virus and chaturbate and found nothing. A friend received this notice last night. Her account has long been verified without issue. Is it legit? Is it new?

Attachments

• IMG-20201020-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20201020-WA0000.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 51
That is likely legitimate, if she didn't have her face on cam or was wearing a mask CB admins have to confirm that it's actually them on cam. I haven't gotten the message personally so I can't verify what it looks like, but I can confirm this type of message is legitimate. Since the website they're asking you to go to is literally on chaturbate.com I would trust it.

Reactions: uzhvecher
Upvote 0
I have not seen it, but the pop up clearly indicates the CB website URL, with no hidden characters or anything, so it seems legit.
Hopefully @punker barbie can just respond for all of our clarification so it's a "we've learned something new".

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
While I didn’t see a screen shot of the actual message, a model friend of mine got this last week also. She has been verified for a long time, but I guess they randomly caught her show while her camera was focused, um... elsewhere... and they made her do the same photo confirmation all over again.

I think it’s legit.

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou
Upvote 0
It happened to me 2 times in a 3 hours broadcast. After warning you go to a page which isnt open mostly, i tried to open 5-10 times. It says take a picture and send us. It was my first real broadcast and very annoying. I was dancing and it lowered my mood. Then i didnt continue to broadcast for freeloaders and chaturbate.

Upvote 0
I asked a no-face friend model.
She never showed her face on stream, even in private in years of modeling, and never had this pop-up.

Though it definitively seems coming from CB, not a malware.
When accessing to the page you've got this confirming the aim of the url, when not being asked to come there:
1603267389862.png

Upvote 0
I asked a no-face friend model.
She never showed her face on stream, even in private in years of modeling, and never had this pop-up.

Though it definitively seems coming from CB, not a malware.
When accessing to the page you've got this confirming the aim of the url, when not being asked to come there:
View attachment 85893
It happened to me after a grey user wanted see my face. I guess he reported it and chaturbate did cut my show 2 times.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Wow, what do they expect you to do if you don't have a mobile device with a camera? Fortunately, I've never had this notice, but for reasons, my mobile phone doesn't have a camera. My only camera is the one on my pc and it is in use when I'm streaming...

Reactions: Adrianna
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.