AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manyvids Sales Auto-Posting on Twitter

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I am wondering how do members who follow favorite models on Twitter feel about this new "feature" where Manyvids will auto-post on the model's timeline every time a video sells on Manyvids? I will be honest this is destroying my experience on Twitter, and now I am actually having to start muting models and unfollow models who I want to follow. My timeline has become a mess of spam. It's the same videos being announced over and over and over.

Models probably love the feature since it increases sales initially. But be aware that you might have some percentage of your followers put you on mute, at which point you have lost some of your distribution power on Twitter.

I think the feature could be redesigned in a way to preserve its value to the model while being far less intrusive to followers.

Instead of muting or unfollowing just mute #MVSales
You can do this in your settings under "muted words"

The feature will stay because it works. The people who unfollow me/mute me weren't buying videos anyways. Those who support me like seeing that I'm making sales and what I have to offer.

I am wondering how do members who follow favorite models on Twitter feel about this new "feature" where Manyvids will auto-post on the model's timeline every time a video sells on Manyvids? I will be honest this is destroying my experience on Twitter, and now I am actually having to start muting models and unfollow models who I want to follow. My timeline has become a mess of spam. It's the same videos being announced over and over and over.

Models probably love the feature since it increases sales initially. But be aware that you might have some percentage of your followers put you on mute, at which point you have lost some of your distribution power on Twitter.

I think the feature could be redesigned in a way to preserve its value to the model while being far less intrusive to followers.

I find the feature to be spammy but barely tolerable. I did actually find a video that I was interested and bought it from a model that infrequently visit, so it isn't completely a waste of time.

What I thoroughly disgusting and annoying as fuck is the auto tweet of offline tips.

I got 500 "my super cute name for tokens" by 12inchcock69. I can't think of how auto tweet of off line increases income.

If somebody is nice enough to spend $40 on you can send them an mfc thank you email, a DM, or if you want, thank them publically on twitter. But be aware that not all members liked to be thank publicly (it can generate unwanted attention.). I don't, so even models who I've in the past tipped offline, I won't if they have auto tweet enabled.

Magnolia has a clever way of getting rid of the many vids auto tweets. But I don't see any way of mute the offline auto tweets.

So what I do is manually click on "I don't like this tweet."

After doing this for a week, I'm seeing much less of them. But still seeing the I'll be getting online soon tweets, which I generally like.
It is probably a worthwhile thing to do for manyvids and the onlyfans auto tweets also.
I'm pretty sure that down voting tweets has a pretty significant impact on the twitter display algorithms, which means that if a model has too many auto tweets eventually her followers will stop seeing her regular tweets, so hopefully, this will act as an incentive to stop the spam.

• Helpful!
Reactions: fandango and Smores
I find the feature to be spammy but barely tolerable. I did actually find a video that I was interested and bought it from a model that infrequently visit, so it isn't completely a waste of time.

What I thoroughly disgusting and annoying as fuck is the auto tweet of offline tips.

I got 500 "my super cute name for tokens" by 12inchcock69. I can't think of how auto tweet of off line increases income.

If somebody is nice enough to spend $40 on you can send them an mfc thank you email, a DM, or if you want, thank them publically on twitter. But be aware that not all members liked to be thank publicly (it can generate unwanted attention.). I don't, so even models who I've in the past tipped offline, I won't if they have auto tweet enabled.

Magnolia has a clever way of getting rid of the many vids auto tweets. But I don't see any way of mute the offline auto tweets.

So what I do is manually click on "I don't like this tweet."

After doing this for a week, I'm seeing much less of them. But still seeing the I'll be getting online soon tweets, which I generally like.
It is probably a worthwhile thing to do for manyvids and the onlyfans auto tweets also.
I'm pretty sure that down voting tweets has a pretty significant impact on the twitter display algorithms, which means that if a model has too many auto tweets eventually her followers will stop seeing her regular tweets, so hopefully, this will act as an incentive to stop the spam.
You can mute #MFCtip as most girls keep that hashtag in their autotweets. Won't get rid of them all but it will get rid of a lot.

Honestly, I see it as the same as someone tipping publicly in my chatroom. They want to be publicly thanked for their generosity/purchase and they get it. If someone doesn't want to be included in an autotweet they can tip me ninja/hidden, even offline. It won't tweet if they do it that way. And it absolutely increases income, I've had people tip me offline just to see my autotweet (had it as a different "cat fact" for a while). I get more and bigger offline tips when I have them on. People like attention and they can get it that way. Plus most of the ones I see are fun, I'm happy when I see a fellow model getting offline love as are their supporters.

You can mute #MFCtip as most girls keep that hashtag in their autotweets. Won't get rid of them all but it will get rid of a lot.

Honestly, I see it as the same as someone tipping publicly in my chatroom. They want to be publicly thanked for their generosity/purchase and they get it. If someone doesn't want to be included in an autotweet they can tip me ninja/hidden, even offline. It won't tweet if they do it that way. And it absolutely increases income, I've had people tip me offline just to see my autotweet (had it as a different "cat fact" for a while). I get more and bigger offline tips when I have them on. People like attention and they can get it that way. Plus most of the ones I see are fun, I'm happy when I see a fellow model getting offline love as are their supporters.

Of the last twenty I've down voted not a single one had #MFCtip hashtags, but maybe it will help.
I totally agree that guys want to be thanked for their tips. I'm less sure about how many care that they are thanked publically. But more importantly, there is a world of difference for wanting to be recognized in a chat room and wanting to be recognized on twitter. Tipping in chat room is generally part of countdown and encourages other to do it. I've felt zero incentive to tip offline just because somebody else did it. A decent percentage guys don't even have twitter accounts so they get no benefit from the auto tweet, and even larger percentage have twitter accounts solely to follow models (primarily their camming announcement).

I'm glad you think it's increased your income, Just be aware that while it was possibly mildly entertaining for the first month or two when not many models did it, when more than 1/2 of my twitter feed (which is 3/4 models) was auto tweets, I said enough is enough and started taking steps to cut it out.

I almost muted a model, I've spends tens of thousand of tokens on over the last several years, before I finally decided I could just down vote her auto tweets. Not only did she lose any off line tips, I almost muted her, which would have lost her more tips since I wouldn't see her coming on cam tweets.

The manyvids tweets at least have a sexy picture of the video, and may inform you of video you weren't aware existed, but it is pretty much spam also.

I have zero problems, with models asking for offline tips. If there is prize associated with high tip, I'm totally cool with them updating it. If she gets big offline and wants to gush about it that's fine also.
MFC has a really simple way of us following our favorite models progress it's called rank and again if a model wants to encourage offline tips to help her rank that ok too.

But the auto tweets, they are spam.

As I understand it the MV auto tweet feature is actually bad for you if followers have the quality filter (which is enabled be default) on as twitter considers them spammy and all your tweets will be ranked lower.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
You folks realize that model's Twitter accounts are for promotion, right? That's the entire reason they exist.

I think models should post however they want. If you actually support a model doing well you should support the fact that you're just gonna have to see some posts you don't want to see.

Models do things because they work. If you support the model doing well then get over it. Ignore it. Or be really awesome and retweet it like "oh this looks hot."

On facebook I have friends that post about their scentsy/monat/younique etc. As long as I don't think their MLM is an actual scam I try to support them by liking or commenting on their posts even though they often annoy me because I like them and want them to do well.

I hated the MV auto tweets at first but I've since come to embrace them. I've made many more sales on MV stuff without me having to lift a finger since I've turned them on.

If a guy is complaining they are probably a free loader who won't purchase anything anyways so why do I care if they mute me? If anything it has helped me tremendously with sales.. I finished #9 last month on Manyvids (only my 3rd month on there as well) and every sale I got it ended up getting me more. If it's spammy to you then block it or unfollow the model.. All models obviously understand that it is helping with sales (hence why we all have them on..) Twitter is a place for promotion (like @SaffronBurke said!!).

We are trying to make money if a guy wants to mute our sales/success then they are obviously not a huge fan. My guys love seeing me get sales/succeed as I feel anybody of the fan of the model would as well. Yes it may seem "spammy" but it could also help you find content you wouldn't have boughten otherwise. It could also help you find girls you may not have found otherwise (since they post what has just sold on there website as well)

I hated the MV auto tweets at first but I've since come to embrace them. I've made many more sales on MV stuff without me having to lift a finger since I've turned them on.

Just to be clear, I'm differentiating between the Manyvids auto tweet and the MFC auto tweet of offline tips. I'm not a fan of MV ones, but I can easily understand how they lead to more videos sales. I think girls could probably make even more money, by selectively promoting 1-3 MV or MFCshare videos a day, but that would require more work.

The MV tweets include a sexy picture, so as long as you don't see the same picture 1/2 dozen times a day, I don't really like them but I can tolerate them. That may change in the future if I get so many manyvid tweets that I start missing important tweets.

The MFC off-line auto tweets don't have a sexy picture attached and they don't provide new information to your followers. Perhaps the first 3 or 4 times you see the girls pet name for a tip you may smile, but they soon become repetitious and annoying.

Generally speaking, most large spenders on MFC have a few categories of models. 1-3 models who are their favorite at the moments, 3-10 models who they tip on a semi-regular basis, and a large number who they have tipped in the past and/or would consider tipping in the future. For me, that last group is 100+ models. The composition of the groups changes pretty often.

So while most guys aren't going to mute their favorite models, we will start muting our tier 2 or tier 3 models. Of course, you have no way of knowing that a member mutes you. So while your off line tips may increase, that maybe more than compensated but the lost online traffic and tips, as guys tune out your social media.

Now, I may be completely out to lunch, so I'll put up a poll soon on ACF. However, the right place to do this is for models to do it on twitter.

Just to be clear, I'm differentiating between the Manyvids auto tweet and the MFC auto tweet of offline tips.
Oh I know, I read your post. Was replying directly to the OP and subject of the thread.

I'm glad you think it's increased your income
I don't think, I know (also, condescending much?). I've had offline hightip wars BECAUSE of the autotweet. My tokens per hour on average is way up and many people tip offline just to see what I have set for the autotweet. The autotweet works. If someone is annoyed by me using my business twitter to promote my business then I don't want them as a customer anyways.

Camgirls' twitters are, for the majority, free. In my experience when someone bitches about a free service they aren't purchasing anything anyways. The autotweets won't stop because it "ruins your twitter experience," as long as it's making a gal money and most of her paying customers are happy with it. Unless you paid for a camgirl's private twitter, it's something that is given to you for free, keep that in mind.

So far the only thing I've had to mute from the models I follow was the XBiz awards thing as that just was exhausting. And this comes from a person that if I'm on my home page for twitter at my desktop I can't let it sit idle because I'll have 50 new tweets in like 5 to 10 seconds just based on the sheer amount of people/places/teams/etc. that I follow.

While it can likely be cumbersome to your feed especially if you don't really following anyone but models, overall it is probably something you'll have to adjust to as it like many things it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. I'm not sure I would mute them no matter how many times I see the same video sell etc. Because I do know of a few models where I only know if they have new videos because of their autoposts. And it would be my luck that I would mute the wrong hashtag and stop seeing all the stuff. Now eventually I would likely check their MV page anyway and buy new stuff that catches my eye. As for example I know of a few models that have got into having separate twitter pages for their "Goddess/Dom/Princess" accounts. I don't really get into that fetish so I don't follow those specific twitter pages. However, I still check their MV pages for those accounts in case there is a video that maybe highlights something I like about the model while still not being into the overall concept. IE if she is wearing a sexy outfit or highlighting and attribute of her body that I really like such as her legs or butt.

That said and I feel they go kind of hand in hand. I have changed the way I offline tip. If a models offline tip message reveals the name of the tipper I'm either going to offline tip under the threshold that triggers the response or I'll tip anon and tell her in the message it is me. As I don't want the recognition on Twitter even though my username on MFC and my twitter names aren't the same. And this is just me and my own uneasiness has nothing to do with any models in particular that I follow/tip.

I actually enjoy the manyvids autotweets most of the time. If I find the model attractive then it definitely draws me in! The only time I am not as keen on it is when it's a model who I like but am not attracted to. This is a model issue as I do not follow models based on attraction towards them. Even when it's the same videos being posted, if they are ones I have already checked out I can just slide on by them. Still, hot women, boobs... Yay! Seriously, what is there to complain about really? I follow a LOT of models and I don't find them spammy. The only banned words I have are vote and voted as the competition stuff can get pretty spammy.

The auto tip thing I am not entirely keen on, I think it could cause issues between models and members. For example Mrbigcock is a regular of several girls, but he hasn't been tipping as much to his favourite girl lately while still visiting. When he goes to one of his other favourites room it isn't an issue tipping publicly because chances are the other girl isn't sat there watching and can't get her feelings hurt, but if he then tips another girl offline and it comes up on her twitter it could cause potential feelings to be hurt. While most models are pretty mature about this, we are still human and could take this personally, especially as the way MFC is designed you start to feel kinship with your regulars. I have had it happen where I follow a model that a close member friend sometimes tips offline, and while I feel no sense of ownership over him or his tokens, it has made me feel a little left out when it comes up on my twitter feed and know that he's tipped her offline and not me. I would rather just live in ignorance in that situation.
This is just my perspective as a model, but I could see some members not wanting it to be publicly announced to twitter (and likely most models they know) every time they tip offline as it could cause unnecessary drama. But I can also see how some members would enjoy that, and also how public acknowledgement could encourage them to tip more as well as the appearance of popularity being encouraging. It is good to know that members can opt out of being posted if they tip ninja even offline. But as a model if it does increase income for them then awesome and absolutely they should continue. As it has been mentioned, for models, twitter is primarily for promotion rather than a free entertainment site.

Are you guys finding the auto tip thing annoying when it includes names, or just at all?

I took the user name out and it is just a fun way for me to celebrate getting offline tips and my guys like to tip to 'make me tweet' ..

Are you guys finding the auto tip thing annoying when it includes names, or just at all?

I took the user name out and it is just a fun way for me to celebrate getting offline tips and my guys like to tip to 'make me tweet' ..

I like reading the funny messages models come up with. I just didn't like the idea of the username being revealed which you addressed. So I'd have no problem with your style.

@IsabellaSnow definitely touched on one of the things I thought about when names were revealed in the message

• Helpful!
Reactions: Picnic
It's super easy to offline tip and not have it tweet. It doesn't have to be anon or anything, just tip "hidden" for only the model to see a boom, there ya go.

I realize I'm in the minority here but the feature has made me more or less abandon my pervy twitter account, despite having muted #MVSales I kept seeing tweets and notifications containing the muted words. At first I just unfollowed a few models who where spamming sales and sold videos but eventually it just flooded the twitter feed and now I haven't logged into the perv account for a good two months or so.

I'm not to positive about the offline tip tweets either, it makes the whole deal of tipping offline feel very impersonal and robotic. I guess I'm weird about it but when I'm not tipping anon offline I'd rather take a MFC mail or PM that just contains "thx" than an automated message, then again I almost exclusively tip hidden so I haven't seen any tweet that contain my nick.

somethings you dudes complain about fucking blows my mind. why are you bitching? just enjoy the pretty ladies. twitter has ignore features.
The pickiness really does blow my mind sometimes.

I like the MV sales spam, most of the models I follow aren't that popular so it's not too frequent and I've bought some stuff from previews that I wouldn't have otherwise seen. I can imagine if I followed top models making sales every minute that would be annoying and spammy,

I don't like autothanks though, it's too impersonal. Either thank me for real or don't do it at all. I don't care about having my name posted on twitter and an autothanks doesn't in anyway let me know if the model has actually seen it, or if it was enough that she cares so to me it's worthless. I'd rather just be ignored.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
I don't like autothanks though, it's too impersonal. Either thank me for real or don't do it at all. I don't care about having my name posted on twitter and an autothanks doesn't in anyway let me know if the model has actually seen it, or if it was enough that she cares so to me it's worthless. I'd rather just be ignored.
I would imagine that models would ALSO reply personally as a reply to the MFC mail for the offline or some other means. The auto tweet is not meant to be a replacement for that.

I even go so far in mine as to indicate that I will reply on MFC mail as well (though sometimes I'll send a direct snap or DM but either way a personal reply comes too.)
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 8.26.16 AM.png

I don't let anything auto-tweet on mine. Most of my clips are kind of niche for that, and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable throwing my pregnant belly and nose blowing clips into my followers' faces. :mask: I don't want my tweets to be that graphic. Unless you only use your Twitter for links and letting people know when you're around, I think putting niche or super hardcore stuff on autotweet might lose followers? I'm not a big fan of scrolling past spreads and wieners. I unfollow if it's someone I can do without. I'm afraid to mute words because Twitter seems to be picking and choosing who I see so much that I don't want to miss out on girls I enjoy.

It took me way too long to figure out that all those "300 pets from SexySteve92" tweets were MFC tips though. Hehehe. They don't bother me.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I'm not a big fan of scrolling past spreads and wieners

That's my only issue with it, there's suddenly a LOT more penis in my feed than I ever wanted. I don't wanna see that, I wanna see boobies!

I love it. I love seeing what videos I sell, it makes me happy to see other models selling things. I swear to God, the only people threatening to not follow me and showing so much annoyance with it are the people who don't buy anything anyways and complain when I don't do free things for them just because they're a twitter follower. Don't like it? Mute the phrase. But don't follow a cam model on their cam model twitter and expect them not to promote or be happy about sales.

For me, they're more of an annoyance than anything else.
I don't follow too many models, so I usually have a good idea of what content they have available anyways.
What content I purchase or how much I tip a model privately is really no one else's business. And while I'm happy to see models making money, I have no interest in seeing who's buying or tipping what.

Status
Not open for further replies.