AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Message not sent. Try slowing down." - in 1 room constantly

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, this is very strange.
In 1 room that I visit often, we talk lots, etc it randomly started to say "Message not sent. Try slowing down." when I would try sending a message.

Ok no problem, I thought. I left it a few minutes, tried again.. the same error. I did this a few times, still the same thing. I assumed CB having chat problems.. Yet, everyone else was still able to type, just not me.
I switched browsers (I tried 3 total), and it does the SAME thing, in public chat and PM.
I decided to create a brand new account and try typing with this. It was fine. I logged back into my main account, tried talking and it gives the SAME error message.

The model tried refreshing for me to see if that would fix it, nope.
She also was nice enough to disable her apps and bots, nope, still doing the same.

I tried using my mobile, both the mobile version AND desktop. Same problem.
I tried multiple VPNs. Same issue.

We ran out of ideas so she even silenced me then unsilenced me. Nope even this didn;t work.

I tried talking in 5 other rooms, I am able to type in ALL 5 fine as normal.
For some reason it won't let me type in this one model's room, giving this "spam" error.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this - it's only on this account, so it can't be something wrong with my computer, phone, browsers, extensions etc.

Reactions: babykalina
I've never seen this before. Maybe your account is somehow flagged in their (temporary) server-side cache???? Did you clear your browser cache?

Upvote 0
I've never seen this before. Maybe your account is somehow flagged in their (temporary) server-side cache???? Did you clear your browser cache?

I tried 3 different browsers, plus Chrome on my phone, so I don't think clearing will make a difference. I used Opera and had never used CB on there before so it wasn't in the cache on it.
It's definitely strange, why would I be flagged only in 1 room and a room I have visited for about 4 years

Hopefully it resolves itself for when she is on tomorrow, but we will see. If anyone else has had this, i'd like to know

Upvote 0
@Brett M
If she has fanclub enabled, just turn green as it overrides what you are experiencing in chat. Broadcasters, Greens and reds are not affected by the message time thing that sets off the please slow down messages.

Upvote 0
@Brett M
If she has fanclub enabled, just turn green as it overrides what you are experiencing in chat. Broadcasters, Greens and reds are not affected by the message time thing that sets off the please slow down messages.

Sorry, but as a green in one model's room I often get warned "slow down" when I am chatting alot. I am quite a prolific chatter in this room.

I'd suggest (sorry) that you contact support @Brett M becuase it sounds like its something to do with your account specifically in that room..

Reactions: Life_Happens
Upvote 0
Sorry, but as a green in one model's room I often get warned "slow down" when I am chatting alot. I am quite a prolific chatter in this room.

I'd suggest (sorry) that you contact support @Brett M becuase it sounds like its something to do with your account specifically in that room..
Hmm. Guess they must have changed it. It used to be that the broadcaster, greens and reds were not restricted by the time between messages.

Upvote 0
I don't think clearing will make a difference. I used Opera and had never used CB on there before so it wasn't in the cache on it.
Some websites cache system and theme files, and scripts, on their own server, so it wouldn't matter what browser you connected with if you were getting the sames cached files from the server on this account.

i.e. Oh look, it's Brett. we have a cached environment for him, let's serve it up no matter what browser he is in.

Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to wait to see what happens, or attempt to contact the black hole that is CB "support"

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
@Brett M

I can definitely also confirm that being a fanclub user doesn't override this, I think ti definitely did but it no longer does - which I think is a good thing as some guys in fanclubs can be proper A-Holes and take advantage of it (not necessarily on purpose but they spam the models).

Some websites cache system and theme files, and scripts, on their own server, so it wouldn't matter what browser you connected with if you were getting the sames cached files from the server on this account.

i.e. Oh look, it's Brett. we have a cached environment for him, let's serve it up no matter what browser he is in.

Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to wait to see what happens, or attempt to contact the black hole that is CB "support"

Ah yeah, I guess this could be. It's just strange how it's only that account in the 1 room.
She won't be on again until late night time, so I will try again and if it still happens I will then clear cache, and if that also fails I will contact support - there just seems to be no reason why it should have happened unless it was just some weird random glitch

Upvote 0
So I have cleared all of my browsing data for all browsers, I have restarted my PC (and also had updates), I have done the same on my phone, and still, this problem persists tonight in the same model's room, and I can still write in public chat and PM in other models rooms.

There is no reason that I can think of as to why it would be done to me and my account on purpose - so it must be a glitch (I am assuming).
When it happened we were talking about cooking videos - so literally nothing bad or anything else (she was asking me how to stitch/merge multiple videos that she would record of herself cooking - and if it was something bad I had said, I'd be banned, not just getting this message in only one room).

I am thinking out loud in these posts, sorry.
I will contact support and try to ask them what it could be, I just have a feeling they won't understand me and will just tell me to "stop typing so fast".

This is genuinely annoying me though

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Did you restart your router? it might be an issue linked to your i.p. Maybe they decided you were a spam bot? are you on a fixed ip address?
... or VPN? When you're using one of the cheaper VPN providers that only has a few exit nodes, you end up sharing your visible/pubic IP address with a lot of people.

Or alternatively, the dynamic public IP address you just got from your ISP could be lingering in Chaturbate's system and flagged as a "spamming" IP. The latter does not explain why a brand new account wasn't asked to slow down though, nor the lack of complaining when chatting in another room, but I guess CB is weighing user, IP and room against each other before deciding someone is chatting too much.

Upvote 0
If it was linked to my IP then wouldn't it not let me talk on other accounts and in all rooms, not just 1 room and 1 account? I already tried using a vpn and it does the same on my 1 account. I will try restart router and hope she is on tonight so I can see. Its just weird that's it's only in 1 room and on 1 account

Upvote 0
If it was linked to my IP then wouldn't it not let me talk on other accounts and in all rooms, not just 1 room and 1 account? I already tried using a vpn and it does the same on my 1 account. I will try restart router and hope she is on tonight so I can see. Its just weird that's it's only in 1 room and on 1 account

You should ask support, i've never seen this situation. I'm actually waiting on a studio to give me an update on a very strange one they asked me about the other day. Three members are reporting that when they try to visit the model it tells them that the room has been banned (as if the model was banned from CB) but the model has not been banned, one of them even submitted a screenshot to the model showing the message. Might just be a very elaborate troll 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
No reply yet but it's only Sunday obviously so it's fine.

I have restarted router, I have also used Auslogics Boostspeed to clean my PC up, and I just tried her room, and I am having the same issue on that same account.
I literally have no ideas left, so it must be something they can do their end.

Upvote 0
FYI, I'm having the exact same problem. I was in the room chatting with my favourite model, and suddenly I started getting these messages saying "
Message not sent. Try slowing down."

I'm a fanclub member. I'm on good terms with the model and can communicate with her outside of Chaturbate. I don't have any problem chatting in other rooms.

I asked her to make me a moderator, which solves the problem as long as I remain a moderator. But I asked her to remove mod privileges to see if somehow my status had reset, and I reverted to being blocked again.

I wrote to CB support yesterday, but have not heard back yet. I mentioned to them that I'd found this forum thread describing the same issue, so hopefully that will help them recognize it's a recurring issue for more than one user.

Upvote 0
FYI, I'm having the exact same problem. I was in the room chatting with my favourite model, and suddenly I started getting these messages saying "
Message not sent. Try slowing down."

I'm a fanclub member. I'm on good terms with the model and can communicate with her outside of Chaturbate. I don't have any problem chatting in other rooms.

I asked her to make me a moderator, which solves the problem as long as I remain a moderator. But I asked her to remove mod privileges to see if somehow my status had reset, and I reverted to being blocked again.

I wrote to CB support yesterday, but have not heard back yet. I mentioned to them that I'd found this forum thread describing the same issue, so hopefully that will help them recognize it's a recurring issue for more than one user.

I am glad the moderator makes it work, and I am also glad it's happening to someone else because despite me trying everything (except asking to be mod or buying her fanclub), I really think I have tried everything else, I just know they will say "do this and this" for stuff I have done and try blame it on me or my computer/browser/internet etc

If I hear anything back I will respond here regardless of what the answer is

Upvote 0
The user report as a cause seems unlikely to me. I hadn't used the account in a couple of months, and there were only a handful of people in the room, all friendly, when the block started.

@Brett M I'll report back here if I learn anything too.

Upvote 0
The user report as a cause seems unlikely to me. I hadn't used the account in a couple of months, and there were only a handful of people in the room, all friendly, when the block started.

@Brett M I'll report back here if I learn anything too.

I was IN PM when it happened to me.
The model got paranoid to be honest that it was something we were discussing, but it can't have been anything to do with that. We were discussing cooking videos (and her filming herself making some cooking videos and asking me how to edit/merge/stitch videos). I have known this model for years.

I received a response from CB last night but it was them asking "which username" because I have a couple associated with the email. On the ticket request it always asks for "username" and "email", I had already provided my username so it's proof they don't read properly. Pretty sure my username is the sub-title of the email in big bold writing.

Reactions: diabellaqueen
Upvote 0
I note in the last few days chaturbate reverted back some changes in the design they had made? perhaps something was really broke. My friend also noted her pvt users were getting auto ejected after a few seconds of pvt

Upvote 0
Yeah, they have been changing some things over the last week or so.

On desktop, the tabs for chat, PM, users changed on one machine I have. Not on another.

Mobile looks and works different depending on whether I'm on WiFI or cell.

Upvote 0
I had another reply for this problem from CB, just a "passed it on" email

Thank you for reporting this. We have forwarded this information to our development team to investigate. Please let us know if you have additional questions.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

Anyone else who is experiencing it, if it gets fixed for you, will you reply here?
Fingers crossed at least

Upvote 0
Definitely some weird stuff going on lately. Tonight Cb decided to change the site to Italian for me. No matter what I do as far as language settings., it stays in Italian. If I have my browser translate, then it fucks up what I'm trying to type. Inserts the word "THE" all the time and other random words are jumped to the front of what I'm typing. :swear:

Upvote 0
The page CB

I send to CB support last Thursday

Hello Good Morning. Regarding the issue i still having the same issue with the PM and Public chat on some rooms since last Tuesday.

Message not sent. Try slowing down.

Can you tell me the status of the request 19090482 that has been already scalated to the development team.

I have this answer from them

Thank you for your email. We can confirm our development team is still investigating this issue. Please let us know if you have any further questions for us!
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

Is it happening in more than 1 room for you?
I've only had it happen in 1 so far for me but that's not to say it won't happen in some more for me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.