AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

messages read-ahead, really?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2020
Hello all!

Since ages I thought that models or the people in their backoffice could read messages that are typed, but not already sent. Lately, I talked about that with an online friend and he did a test then. He asked a model to wave at him, and she did. He asked again, and she did. He asked her to put her hands on her ears, and she did. All of that asking he did by just typing the questions, but not sending any of them. I have no evidence of this but his word to me, but I also have no reason to not believe him. So, now I am wondering:

Why would the platform do that? Or is it a hack?

Isn't that a violation of privacy? Or... is that technique covered anywhere in the disclaimers or the like?

Did you experience similar things?

I'd appreciate honest answers on this.

Cheers

tttT

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Even if true, it's not a violation nor breach of privacy. Think of it like you're thinking aloud and people hear you, same difference.

Just like on forums, Facebook, camsites where is no "Freedom of Speech" since they are privately owned.

Upvote 0
Even if true, it's not a violation nor breach of privacy. Think of it like you're thinking aloud and people hear you, same difference.

Just like on forums, Facebook, camsites where is no "Freedom of Speech" since they are privately owned.

A camsite that doesn't take privacy seriously, regardless of the law, isn't a very good one...

Upvote 0
A camsite that doesn't take privacy seriously, regardless of the law, isn't a very good one...

Generally, yes and especially when it comes to personal info. But, in the context I was saying it, always assume the text you're entering into a message window (PM or public) is readable to the person/people you may be sending it to regardless if you hit the send button. The reason why I say this is that there are real-time chat windows where the person may be able to see what you input as you type it.

Upvote 0
I thought that models or the people in their backoffice could read messages that are typed, but not already sent.
This is not a thing. Not sure what your friend was doing, but we models cannot see what you're typing until you hit send/enter.

As a model on MFC I can see an icon at the top of the pm tab telling me that they're typing. I definitely can't see what's being typed until they send it.
This is the closest thing I can think of. That's all we can see.

Reactions: melanieoncam
Upvote 0
Thank you all for your answer, I blend them together here.

> A camsite that doesn't take privacy seriously, regardless of the law, isn't a very good one...

I agree.

> The reason why I say this is that there are real-time chat windows where the person may be able to see what you input as you type it.

If the users would know that , it would be clear and ok. But the common use of text fields is, that the content is submitted when you hit the Return-/Enter-Key or click send or the like. Hardly noone would expect that anything you type while composing the message is already submitted to the receipient.

1:
> I definitely can't see what's being typed until they send it.
2:
> but we models cannot see what you're typing until you hit send/enter.

Meanwhile I saw his proof, it is a screenshot, he will not share it publically to not compromise the model. Combined with my trust in him, I must say, that I believe him.

Maybe it is just the studio(s) being able to see the content before it is submitted?

> Was your friend in a C2C perhaps

We didnt talk about that, but I highly doubt it.

Thanks so far for your answers, hopefully we get a bit deeper into it, still.

Upvote 0
Hello all!

Since ages I thought that models or the people in their backoffice could read messages that are typed, but not already sent. Lately, I talked about that with an online friend and he did a test then. He asked a model to wave at him, and she did. He asked again, and she did. He asked her to put her hands on her ears, and she did. All of that asking he did by just typing the questions, but not sending any of them. I have no evidence of this but his word to me, but I also have no reason to not believe him. So, now I am wondering:

Why would the platform do that? Or is it a hack?

Isn't that a violation of privacy? Or... is that technique covered anywhere in the disclaimers or the like?

Did you experience similar things?

I'd appreciate honest answers on this.

Cheers

tttT

Your friend is pulling your leg for some reason. It does not work that way.

Upvote 0
Meanwhile I saw his proof, it is a screenshot, he will not share it publically to not compromise the model. Combined with my trust in him, I must say, that I believe him.
Sorry to bust your bubble, but it isn't true.

Your friend is pulling your leg for some reason. It does not work that way.
^^this

Upvote 0
If the users would know that , it would be clear and ok. But the common use of text fields is, that the content is submitted when you hit the Return-/Enter-Key or click send or the like. Hardly noone would expect that anything you type while composing the message is already submitted to the receipient.

Really? Do you read EVERY End-user agreement or site rules before you sign up? Or, are you like the millions of users out there who just click "Okay sign my dumb ass up because I can't be bothered to read"? Chances are, you're the latter like so many people are. Also, nowhere does it say that a site or application MUST disclose explicitly HOW their application works in terms of chat messages.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.