AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

METAL Thread \m/

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenOfMetal

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 18, 2015
Hell
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@QueenOfMetalMFC
MFC Username
QueenOfMetal
Hey everyone! I wanted to make a thread for my Metal & Rock lovers. Anything from Classic Rock/Alternative/Metal/New Metal/Gothic Metal/Industrial Metal/Symphonic Metal/Female-Fronted/Etc! Let's discuss music/bands/favorite & songs! Post your favorite music videos/songs/etc here!

:headbang:

Well, let me start then. First, the latest of Arjen Lucassen's awesome projects (I can recommend all of his projects.. Just a warning that they can be addictive - by now I probably listened to his Ayreon CDs several hundred times) - Gentle Storm, with Anneke van Giersbergen (from The Gathering and Agua de Annique).

The cool thing about this specific project is that it's one album, recorded in two different styles - the 'Storm' version is focused on Metal genres, while the 'Gentle' version is focused on acoustic/folk styles.

For example, the first song, Endless Sea:

Storm version:

Gentle version:

weirdbr said:
Well, let me start then. First, the latest of Arjen Lucassen's awesome projects (I can recommend all of his projects.. Just a warning that they can be addictive - by now I probably listened to his Ayreon CDs several hundred times) - Gentle Storm, with Anneke van Giersbergen (from The Gathering and Agua de Annique).

The cool thing about this specific project is that it's one album, recorded in two different styles - the 'Storm' version is focused on Metal genres, while the 'Gentle' version is focused on acoustic/folk styles.

For example, the first song, Endless Sea:

when i jump in this thread i was like "i will just post S&M by metallica and leave" BUT WOW. wow. This is really nice. A good project behind a band makes everything. I used to HATE coldplay, but now i am a big fan of their last CD because of the backstory and concept art.

Speaking about nice projects, check Sleeping at Last, but since its not metal, move on, nothing to share from me besides those.

Reactions: QueenOfMetal
I'm a huge fan of many branches of the metal genre. I hate labels because genres are so skewed nowadays but I've always seemed to gravitate around metalcore (Parkway Drive, For Today, Volumes, Killswitch Engage), technical/djent (After the Burial, Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, Meshuggah) and prog/metal fusion (Devin Motherfucking Townsend, Between the Buried and Me). I am a HUGE fan of more experimental and genre-bending bands, interestingly enough my three favorites were/are all based out of the UK: Unexpect, TesseracT and SikTh.

weirdbr said:

Anneke makes my no-no zone get all tingly. I want one. She's fucking phenomenal; if any of you guys are yet to hear her collaborations with Devin Townsend I highly recommend looking into it. Their voices mesh incredibly well.

---------------------
Some tastes from the different metal realms, for those not familiar with the differences.

Parkway Drive

After the Burial

Between the Buried and Me

SikTh

Hey guys and gals! Thanks so much for adding to this post! This was my first post so it is so great to see other people commenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a huge metal head and listen to everything you posted! Great choices! I am going to add some soon here when I figure out how to add vids :) (is that a party foul ;)

Although I'm Scandinavian and will love my Burzum (nothing like a good church-burning tour) and Mayhem forever, I've recently started getting into Middle Eastern metal. Bahrain has a scene that's really burgeoning, and there's something of an underground scene in Iraq. There was a big deal made out of a female-fronted act claiming to be authored by an Iraqi girl who went by a pseudonym called Janaza. Between her and the anti-Islamic lyrics, there was a big to-do made of it by metal fans:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... o_takeover

But it turned out to be a hoax--more myth than reality, that Iraqi band rocking through Saddam and U.S. occupation didn't exist--the music was all from Bahrain. Personally, I wasn't so invested in this woman or band that I got upset about the hoax. In fact, I love the mythic quality that metal (death metal and black metal in particular) have to it. Did the guys in Mayhem really consume the brains of their dead bandmate? I doubt it, but it's a hell of a story. Did Mortiis get plastic surgery to actually look like that? While rumored to be true, it isn't--but the "truthiness" of it all is something I find incredibly fun about metal. Great thread topic!

DeezNA said:
Anneke makes my no-no zone get all tingly. I want one. She's fucking phenomenal; if any of you guys are yet to hear her collaborations with Devin Townsend I highly recommend looking into it. Their voices mesh incredibly well.

I need to hear those collaborations, as I haven't checked them yet.

And as for bodily reactions, there's a relatively small group of singers (that Anneke is part of) that always send shivers down my spine .. In no special order:

- Simone Simons (from Epica)

- Floor Jansen (ex-After Forever, now Revamp and Nightwish.. But the new Nightwish CD is underwhelming in my opinion)
- Russell Allen (Symphony X, Allen-Lande , Adrenaline Mob)
Put Floor Jansen together with Russell Allen and you get this ballad:

- Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish, now solo)

- Roy Khan (ex-Kamelot, now retired)

QueenOfMetal said:
I am going to add some soon here when I figure out how to add vids :) (is that a party foul ;)

Just go to youtube, find the video you want to share, copy the part of the URL after v= (for example, for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xecdGX0k8cw , you want just xecdGX0k8cw ) and paste it between the youtube tags like

weirdbr said:
- Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish, now solo)

You mention sweet Tarja, I must bring up my fave, though it is a cliche by now...

Buckethead. This performance. F*cking soul-rending for me.

Reactions: QueenOfMetal
Thank you everyone for the wonderful music and posts and contributing to my first post here~!! I listened to everything and you guys posted and we sure have the same music taste! And great ones at that! There is nothing better than sharing with each other, I have found so many awesome new bands that way! below are some of my favorites, in no particular order :) \m/ Enjoy!

Recently saw D. R. I. again and I'm in love! #Thrash

If I were a D. R. I. song, I would be this one:

I would play their music while I strip, but I've heard of them suing people for pirating their music. That might ruin my pussy's chances of ever getting "thrashed" by Harry O. (even if only in my dreams!) and that would suck. :-( But I rock out to them when I'm off-cam all the time!

I am a HUGE fan of more experimental and genre-bending bands, interestingly enough my three favorites were/are all based out of the UK: Unexpect, TesseracT and SikTh.
This makes me extremely happy that you mention SikTh. I used to go to there gigs a lot here in the UK 10 or more years ago, Mikee was and still is an amazing musician

Reactions: DeezNA
This makes me extremely happy that you mention SikTh. I used to go to there gigs a lot here in the UK 10 or more years ago, Mikee was and still is an amazing musician

Right there with ya! Glad to hear they're back in the studio, very interested to see what they come out with after... what... almost 10 years now? You're lucky you can see them live, I'm praying they'll tour on this side of the pond now that they have a bigger following over here.

Every day of my life is a Black Sabbath and I love it! Not gonna lie: Black Sabbath puts me in a very spiritual mood.

One of the most baller albums ever. Eddie has gotten many a free lapdance from me.

My first Metallica song coupled with an awesomely-fitting video.

Rock on, dudes.

*plonks her butt firmly in this thread*

I love all types of music, but metal is my first love, through and through.... I shall place a few of my favs here!!
x Pantera
x Fear Factory
x Devin Townsend (any of his stuff for he is god!)
x Alter Bridge
x ICP
x Brotha Lunch Hung
x Tech 9
x Genesis
x Pink Floyd
x Faith No More
x Otep
x Opeth
x No Doubt
x A Perfect Circle
x CombiChrist
(Just some randoms from my playlists.... rather varied :happy: Anything that i can move my body too, I'm up for! :D

Fave Vids:

I'm a huge fan of many branches of the metal genre. I hate labels because genres are so skewed nowadays but I've always seemed to gravitate around metalcore (Parkway Drive, For Today, Volumes, Killswitch Engage), technical/djent (After the Burial, Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, Meshuggah) and prog/metal fusion (Devin Motherfucking Townsend, Between the Buried and Me). I am a HUGE fan of more experimental and genre-bending bands, interestingly enough my three favorites were/are all based out of the UK: Unexpect, TesseracT and SikTh.

---------------------
Some tastes from the different metal realms, for those not familiar with the differences.

Parkway Drive

After the Burial

SikTh

---------------------

Parkway Drive

After the Burial

SikTh

Sorry if I'm replying to this incorrectly, I'm new here lol but you might enjoy giving The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album a listen if you haven't already, it's pretty good.

My taste in metal seems to vary a fair bit, I listen to some old and some new stuff (mostly new, big Pantera fan though). A few random sub genres of metal music that come to mind first that I like are thrash metal, more grungey sounding stuff lol, melodic death metal, progressive metal, djent, and metalcore.

Here are a few random songs by some artists that I like lol

The Algorithm - Logic Bomb --> sort of metal crossed with electronic, 2 member band consisting of just a drummer and some guy jamming out on a synthesizer lol

Alice in Chains - Them Bones

Anthrax and Public Enemy - Bring the Noise --> lol sorry had to

Arch Enemy - We Will Rise

Atreyu - Untitled Finale

Avenged Sevenfold - Trashed and Scattered

Babymetal - Megitsune --> lol and again sorry had to

Between the Buried and Me - Sun of Nothing

Blood Stained Child - Eternal --> here have some Japanese techno metal lol

Bring Me the Horizon - Chelsea Smile --> hate me all you want but their new album Sempiternal was pretty good too

Chelsea Wolfe - Demons (sort of like gothic/metal folk music, very good artist, her acoustic album is really good)

Children of Bodom - Mask of Sanity

Chimaira - Pure Hatred

CkY - Flesh Into Gear

Converge - Distance and Meaning

Cradle of Filth - Temptation

Deftones - Elite

Devildriver - I Could Care Less

Draconian - When I wake

Epica - Cry for the Moon

From First to Last -

Godsmack - Whatever

The Human Abstract - Faust --> just look at the sexiness that is Dean Herrera playing guitar lol

Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

Isis - Carry --> good progressive metal band

Korn - Freak on a Leash

Lamb of God - Descending

Marilyn Manson - The Fight Song

Mastodon - Oblivion

Megadeth - Trust

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Mudvayne - On the Move

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Pantera - Drag the Waters

A Perfect Circle - The Outsider

Pleymo - Le Nouveau Monde --> random French nu-metal lol

Rage Against the Machine - Testify

Slayer - Raining Blood

Slipknot - Purity

Static X - I'm with Stupid

System of a Down - Suagr

The Used - Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Sorry I'm not good at summarizing/compressing lists lol.

Sorry if I'm replying to this incorrectly, I'm new here lol but you might enjoy giving The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album a listen if you haven't already, it's pretty good.

I loved Nocturne and Digital Veil. Very glad I got to see them live before they called it quits.

...Also your list made me squee, so thanks for that... for years I thought I was the only one who still listens to/loves Converge and Isis.

I loved Nocturne and Digital Veil. Very glad I got to see them live before they called it quits.

...Also your list made me squee, so thanks for that... for years I thought I was the only one who still listens to/loves Converge and Isis.

*Blushes* aha yeah I love both of those bands, Jane Doe's a pretty awesome album. I just recently started getting into Isis tbh but I'm really liking them, do you know of any similar bands?

any similar bands?

Really hard to say, there was a huge influx in that vibe of grindy hardcore kinda stuff coming out back in the early 00's but most of them aren't around anymore...

I'm a huge fan of The Bled, not sure if they're up your alley... they're kinda more like Dillinger Escape Plan-ish... Silent Treatment is my favorite album of theirs but it's their most melodic.

More in the vein of flowy, sludgy but emotionally powerful stuff...
I've heard really good things about Deafheaven's album Sunbather, I'm actually checking it out right now and highly recommend it so far.
I'd look into anything off Converge's label - Deathwish. It can be hit or miss but they're trying to keep the scene alive.
Also, Fall of Troy's Phantom on the Horizon is fucking sick.
I've been searching for a long time for music like this as well, if you come across anything too please do share. It's pretty much my ideal art-making music.

In a pinch, you really can't go wrong with Meshuggah or Gojira, but they don't really have as much of the trance-y, space-out kinda feeling Isis has.

Really hard to say, there was a huge influx in that vibe of grindy hardcore kinda stuff coming out back in the early 00's but most of them aren't around anymore...

I'm a huge fan of The Bled, not sure if they're up your alley... they're kinda more like Dillinger Escape Plan-ish... Silent Treatment is my favorite album of theirs but it's their most melodic.

More in the vein of flowy, sludgy but emotionally powerful stuff...
I've heard really good things about Deafheaven's album Sunbather, I'm actually checking it out right now and highly recommend it so far.
I'd look into anything off Converge's label - Deathwish. It can be hit or miss but they're trying to keep the scene alive.
Also, Fall of Troy's Phantom on the Horizon is fucking sick.
I've been searching for a long time for music like this as well, if you come across anything too please do share. It's pretty much my ideal art-making music.

In a pinch, you really can't go wrong with Meshuggah or Gojira, but they don't really have as much of the trance-y, space-out kinda feeling Isis has.

Hey, thanks for the recommendations :3 I just finished listening to Silent Treatment after hearing about that album before and quite enjoyed it, gonna go with that Deafheaven album next. Hm I think you may like Chelsea Wolfe's Apokalypsis album, it's definately different than any of the previous bands you've mentioned on here but for art purposes I think you may enjoy it... I could also just be saying that because I like Chelsea Wolfe though, also just shot you a follow on here =P lol.

My current obsession in terms of metal albums. Normally, I prefer Death Metal to Black Metal, but I am totally enthralled and impressed by this album. If you have time and wanna enter another plane I would suggest listening to the whole thing. :shame:

Reactions: BloodRed87

---------------------

Parkway Drive

After the Burial

SikTh

I love BTBAM and TessarcT! I saw a concert of BTBAM in July with Animals as Leaders and The Contortionist!
Tosin Abasi gives me heart boners when I watch him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.