AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC ban questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2015
A couple quick questions
So recently I was randomly banned from a model's room (no I don't know what could have caused it since I wasn't typing, she just sat up without a word during a large group show, typed something and boom I was kicked). Tried contacting her via hidden tip note and a mail but I have no way in knowing if she'll read messages because she's pretty popular.

After looking up info, I see people mention that there is a 6hr ban by default and then 60 days.
- Is 60 days the next step up after the 6 hr ban or can you decide the range?
- Do you have a permaban option on mfc or does the 60 day period still apply?
- Also, how easy is it to accidentally ban someone?

It can accidentally happen, but it pops up saying we've banned someone sooo going to say probs not an accident.

I used to ban people sitting and mooching during group shows if I had seen them in before without tipping. I have also banned people just because their username is shitty. No cam model owes a reason and no member has a right to sit in rooms all the time (we can ban you for whatever arbitrary reason).

I believe we can still permaban? Like. If someone bands you ... they probs don't want you there so the time period shouldn't matter - don't go back.

Sigh, I was afraid that was gonna be the reply but if there is a notification pop up then I guess it was intentional...

But that just makes me want to know "why" even more. I mean sure, a model can ban me for not having a number in my screen name, but that seems harsh if theres no warning or heads up. Anyways, not your problem, I'm just hella perplexed

From what I remember, I think there were only two types of bans. Just a regular ban that I guess bans for 6 hours or so and a perma ban... which may (?) be the 60 days. Another model and I were going to test this out, but we both left MFC for other better ventures!

Yeah, there's a permaban, and I use it all the time.

Were you tipping?

I used to ban people sitting and mooching during group shows if I had seen them in before without tipping.

But if they are in group show, are they mooching at that point? It costs to be in group, so they have to be tipping to be there.

think there were only two types of bans.
They've (sorta) recently added the third permaban option.

I think that even after you've been banned/ignored by a model, you can still send her a 1-token tip to leave her a tip note (In that tip note, you can ask why you were banned, if you want...though there's no guarantee she'll answer you). I know this because, a few years ago, I banned/ignored some guy called King_____ or something, and then I kept getting 1-token tips (they show up as offline tips) from him where he's still talking shit in the tip notes. Lmao. I think he did that because 1) he believed that silly rumor that "1-token tips hurt your cam score" and 2) he was feeling salty and needed to get the last word.

By the way, I don't recommend you offline tip a model just to shit-talk in tip notes. Lol. I doubt you are that petty. If she doesn't want to unban you (after you ask why), just move on.

I think that even after you've been banned/ignored by a model, you can still send her a 1-token tip to leave her a tip note (In that tip note, you can ask why you were banned, if you want...though there's no guarantee she'll answer you).

Minimum to include a tip note now is 5 tokens. Less than that and the model sees no note.

But if they are in group show, are they mooching at that point? It costs to be in group, so they have to be tipping to be there.

They've (sorta) recently added the third permaban option.
Derp. I was thinking group show as in public show. But even then a lot of people run groups according to their rules. Perhaps she set it at group for select members and banned everyone who wasn't one of them. But you're defs right on a surface level it is totally impossible to mooch in a group show since MFC makes you pay, my mistake.

I think that even after you've been banned/ignored by a model, you can still send her a 1-token tip to leave her a tip note
Minimum to include a tip note now is 5 tokens. Less than that and the model sees no note.
Ignored members can send tips but the model will not see them unless she searches her token stats history, and even then the note will be stripped away, leaving only the tip amount. And I thought the minimum was always 5 tokens for a tip note, or was it 6 tokens before? Either way I think MFC doesn't allow 1 token notes to make it less tempting for trolls to utilize the tip notes feature for harassing comments.

Unless you are a troll, getting banned is never fun. Still, a ban is a message that the model does not want you in her room. There are about 1200 more models online on MFC at any given time.. surely there is one that you like and won't ban you.

And I thought the minimum was always 5 tokens for a tip note, or was it 6 tokens before?

For a couple years after I joined it was 6. They lowered it by one for some reason. Maybe just to appeal to all the OCD people who could now breathe easier at having an even 20 things they could tell the model for every 100 tokens?

Just to piggyback off of the OP, do you think it is okay to kick or ban serial freeloaders from your room? I may get premium members, but most of them either have 0 tokens or the amount they do have is hidden. How much do you tolerate freeloaders?

Just to piggyback off of the OP, do you think it is okay to kick or ban serial freeloaders from your room? I may get premium members, but most of them either have 0 tokens or the amount they do have is hidden. How much do you tolerate freeloaders?
That is up to you. It is your room and you make the rules. Note that kicking out freeloaders will not stop anyone viewing you from the lounge.. it will only drastically cut your roomcount.

And word travels quick.. if members learn someone is banhappy, prepare for a lot of trolls and less other people in your room.

Banning is like violence. It is a tool and you are free to use it, but i think it is unwise to use it before all other options have been considdered.

Still.. sometimes you need to ban.

I tolerate freeloaders as long as they're respectful. They're welcome, and encouraged, to chat when I'm slow, but they should back off once tippers start coming in. Not to say they shouldn't talk, just accept tippers will be prioritized in my time. Also, demands (show tits bb) from a freeloader is always an instaban for me.

I tolerate freeloaders as long as they're respectful. They're welcome, and encouraged, to chat when I'm slow, but they should back off once tippers start coming in. Not to say they shouldn't talk, just accept tippers will be prioritized in my time. Also, demands (show tits bb) from a freeloader is always an instaban for me.

Are there any models that ban members for no reason?
Models will always have a reason for banning someone. We may not always agree with the reason, or understand the reason but the model agrees and understands, and it's her room

From what Boog said in the OP it sounds suspiciously like he was banned for the sake of one of the model's regulars. I wonder what happened in free chat before group? Each room has its own politics, if you are an outsider it can make you disposable, even if you spend.

If it is a ban and ignore then his only option is an appeal via a third party, or just to let it go.

I actually find being banned worse when I still take pleasure from the model regularly, but spending on her is pointless, when the model forces you into being a freeloader. A model can ban you but still give you plenty of entertainment without the interaction. I've always found throwing in a tip every now and then can feel better but in my experience I have never had any of my 3 bans lifted, so move on unless you really can't.

Reactions: angieivy
Derp. I was thinking group show as in public show. But even then a lot of people run groups according to their rules. Perhaps she set it at group for select members and banned everyone who wasn't one of them. But you're defs right on a surface level it is totally impossible to mooch in a group show since MFC makes you pay, my mistake.

OTOH, MFC "helpfully" puts this statement into the group chat stream every so often: "Group shows cost only 10 tokens per minute so members are highly encouraged to Tip the model, especially for personal requests. :)"

Most group shows seem to hover below 5 participants. Right now, I checked, and there were 9 groups, all with three or fewer members, and four of them had only one member. That's not much of a revenue stream, and there's an opportunity cost for missed private shows, or regular tips in public chat. I assume this is why many models don't seem to do groups. If I'm actually IN a group, and not just hopping around checking them out, I make a point to tip well enough to help make it worth their while.

From what Boog said in the OP it sounds suspiciously like he was banned for the sake of one of the model's regulars. I wonder what happened in free chat before group? Each room has its own politics, if you are an outsider it can make you disposable, even if you spend.

If it is a ban and ignore then his only option is an appeal via a third party, or just to let it go.
Its possible, but if that's the case then some guy picked me out of a 70+ person group just for the giggles and she actually went along with it. Since I bounce around a lot I'm probably an "outsider" in all but 2-3 rooms on the site but I've never had friction with any members over the years.

From what Amber said, I can pretty much rule out communicating through MFC since tip notes are stripped of messages. I'll reach out on twitter but it'll likely end up with me hiding the model from view and starting the search again for another enjoyable tease that won't cripple my bank account

A "group show" of 70?!? I mean I know it happens sometimes but it's rare!
Are you talking about public chat or a 10 tok per minute group show? @Boog

Of course not. My*FREE*cams. I want to say this as respectfully as possible, but in the end, I'm disagreeing and that tends to cause friction no matter what, so fingers crossed. Tipping is an optional feature. I understand that models want to be tipped, and that is entirely reasonable, but tipping is not required for viewing. Tipping is required for making requests or aiding in reaching a goal. Just like no model is REQUIRED to show anything, no user is REQUIRED to tip. Do models have to LIKE people who do not tip? Of course not. Models work for tips, so it is understandable to desire tips, but there are plenty of models that believe that they have a right to demand tips and punish those who do not tip. If someone is being rude, then by all means, punish them, but if they have not said a single word in the chat, or have been nothing but friendly in the chat, then what have they actually done wrong? Also, give it a little extra thought. You're banning someone for not tipping. What does that accomplish? Banning them doesn't force them to tip you. It just eliminates the possibility that they will EVER tip. If someone isn't even chatting, then you're not even getting rid of a nuisance in the chat. You're literally only hurting yourself.

Are there any models that ban members for no reason?

Definitely. It is obviously the nicer option to assume all people (and models, by extension) are reasonable, rational, intelligent beings, but realistically, models are just as imperfect as the rest of humanity. No disrespect intended, but that is just the truth. Models can, and will, be just as irrational as any other person. Not ALL models. There are plenty reasonable, friendly models. However, there are some that act without good reason. For example, I was once in a room where the model had JUST set a 4,000 tip goal. Despite the fact that she was pretty modestly ranked (a very nice way of saying "in no position to be making big demands"), she gave the chat 10 minutes to reach the goal "Or else I will begin banning people randomly." Now, I can understand if a model is mad at not reaching a modest goal after a long time. Slow days happen, and they are understandably frustrating. Even in those cases, banning random people out of frustration I something I still cannot support, but I can at least...kind of...vaguely...barely see the reasoning behind it if nobody was tipping at all. However, this was largely unreasonable and people were tipping bit by bit (ranging between 10 and 100 every minute or so) so it wasn't like she was not getting tips, and yet at the 10 minute mark, when the goal was still about 3200 away, she announced she was going to start banning random users from the chat. Naturally, I left the chat at that point, so I don't know what happened after, but that doesn't sound reasonable at all.

Alternately, I was in another room where the model was not even facing her computer (computer, not camera, as I do know they are sometimes separate), I gave a perfectly friendly greeting, and got kicked/banned the LITERAL INSTANT my message came up in the chat. For the record, my username is not offensive or inappropriate in any way. Most would agree it is notably tame. I also did not comment during a show of any kind or a tip wall. Everyone was chatting normally, I came in, and my message was on the screen for maybe one full second before I got booted. Permanently.

In another case, the model's room was pretty dead, so I was chatting to keep her company. She was laughing and smiling and joking along with me. I even said "Sorry I'm not tipping. I hope it doesn't bother you." She replied with "Not at all!! You're really nice and fun to talk to! I'm glad you're here because it's so boring today!" Talked for about another 20 minutes before she had to go. Tried going to her room the next day. Nope. Banned. Not the slightest clue why.

A couple quick questions
So recently I was randomly banned from a model's room (no I don't know what could have caused it since I wasn't typing, she just sat up without a word during a large group show, typed something and boom I was kicked).

Group shows on MFC can be a bit varied. Most models just go into group, get into their groove, do some sexy stuff and everyone leaves happy. Other models have a bit more of a "controlled" atmos to a group, often with several room regs (or even a room helper!) joining in the show. They keep an eye out for noobs, who can be viewed with suspicion if they didn't tip or chat much before going to group and then also stay schtum with no follow up tipping during the show. It is accepted show etiquette to add some more tips during a group show, as at 10tks per minute it is pretty cheap.

Even MFC advise members on that... http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Instructions_and_Features#Group_Shows

...While in a Group Show, members are charged only 10 tokens per minute, or 1 token every 6 seconds. This is a very low price (half the price of even a voyeur show!), which is why members are encouraged to Tip the models in Group Shows, especially for personal requests. The site does not require members to tip a certain amount, but rather leaves this entirely up to the model.

:)

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Random theory...

Maybe the model meant to ban another member, but accidently banned you instead, ergo it was a misfire.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Question... Do room helpers have the power to ban?

They only have the ability to do the 6 hour ban... the perma ban has to come from the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.