AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC beginner's Question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2018
Hey guys,

So I'm new to mfc, a few years ago I was on sm so I have a little experience. I'm finding the site a little difficult to manage and have a few questions.
Firstly, how do I create a tip menu? When I went to customize my profile I saw no way to really do this. Also, is it difficult to enforce the tip menu?

Also what are offline tips?

How will I know when I'm in a group chat instead of the public chat, or a true private chat? I'm terrified of going all in, in front of loads of people who aren't paying.

Finally, what is a tip or token countdown?What is the point of it.

Thanks for helping a girl out,
Kodi

I am not all that experienced with MFC but I can answer a few of your questions. First off the tip menu I have one typed out in my white board but I know there is a section on your profile that you can out it too. offline tips are tips that members send when you are not online the go to your mail box and are automatically added to your tips. the group and privates there will be a pop up box that with say blank member would like a private or group or true private and you simply accept. finally a tip countdown is where you set a number of tokens to a certain act like 300tks to topless and there is the option to set it automatically so that all in room tips go towards the count down. just keep in mind any tips that are anonymous will not go towards any automatic count downs. I hope this helps please if anyone knows I have said something false please let me know.

I am not sure but I can only use the whiteboard if I am using the browser version of mfc. Not the downloaded mfc messanger app.I could be wrong but worth a try. I wish I could help you with the countdown I never been good at that. I focus on prvt and Skype. It will send you a notice if you want to accept the group or prvt chat. You will know it will be ok. The offline tip , I saw a thread on here with a link! I have not tried that yet but I will. Hope this helps a bit. ♥️

Here's how to let people tip you offline https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/how-to-put-tip-me-offline-on-your-profile.10896/

As for tip menu I have it in my white board as well as profile. I customized my profile with html and css and just had to edit the code that goes into the "More About Me/Bio" section under the "Step Four" box under "edit my profile". I have worked with html and edited code for a very long time so it was easy for me but if you're not used to interpreting code it can be confusing.

The second option is to create a graphic tip menu using something like Gimp or Photoshop or any other graphics tool and link to it using html in the same box above. If you Google html "how to make a text link" or "how to link to an image with html" it will give you the code and you just need to substitute it with the url of your image.

As for people not paying in my estimate it's less than 1% of MFC members who pay or tip. Like 99% are freeloaders. You have to count on that 1% or just a few whales to get the money. It's just a matter of luck to find them by working consistent hour. I've watched some shows with super popular models having 2k viewers and she had to encourage them to tip etc. I've seen others log off etc when it's going slow and I do the same because the longer you stay on with no tokens your cam score drops. It's ideal to get as many tokens as you can in the shortest time span if you want a good chance at having a good ranking.

Hey there :)

TIP MENU:
In general models create a tip menu in their room topic. When you are live, there is a bar at the top of the chatroom. You can type whatever you want in it. Click enter after typing so that viewers will be able to see it.
A tip menu would look like a bunch of items you're comfortable doing in the public chatroom, with both free and paid viewers.
This is an example tip menu:
Boob Flash-99 tokens, Booty Flash-30 tokens, Spank Me 5 Times, 50 tokens, Blow a kiss-7 tokens

If you're not comfortable with doing sexy things in front of free viewers, don't put sexy things in your tip menu.
Example of a non-sexual tip menu:
Song Request-25, Dare Me (non-sexual)-20, Truth (non-sexual)-15, Stand Up so you can see my body-40, Dance-55

OFFLINE TIPS:
Offline tips are when a member tips you while you're logged out of the site / not on your webcam. This is a link to tip you offline: mfc.im/YOURUSERNAME/Tip

PRIVATE AND GROUP:
If someone wants to take you private or group, a screen pops up asking you if you want to go. Click "accept" and you will find yourself in private or group. It will look the same as your room except on the right hand side, it will show only the members names who are paying for the private or group - you will not see the names of any free viewers.Only the people paying can see you when in private or group.

COUNTDOWNS:

Countdowns are things guys generally want to see your do, offered to the public chatroom for a certain amount of money. A girl might say.. in 1000 tokens I will take my shirt off. People may tip in the public room towards this. Once you've received 1000 tokens, you are to take your shirt off if you're running this countdown. I rarely do them because I like to take lots of privates and group shows, and guys get mad if they are tipping towards your countdown and you disappear off to do a private show. However I think the majority of models make the bulk of their earnings off countdowns.

To run a countdown, look at the top of your chatroom while you're on. On the right hand side it'll say countdown. Enter the # of tokens you want to do a specific thing. Then, in your topic, write @remain (total token number) until I do _____this thing_____ . This number automatically reduces as people tip if you wrote @remain instead of the number and if you entered the number into the countdown box.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mara_Jayne
Hi,

First a disclaimer - I'm just a MFC member and not a model. A while back I wrote a little document with another member that is intended to be helpful to new models. As just members the goal was just to talk about the "nuts and bolts" about the site to someone new. It may be helpful to you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNUCWdvpR4edsE8090ae5zM4ayliqFVGqTSR5OFO4os/edit?usp=sharing

Note: Some of the content already needs to be updates as MFC has been making a lot of changes recently.

Hey there :)

TIP MENU:
In general models create a tip menu in their room topic. When you are live, there is a bar at the top of the chatroom. You can type whatever you want in it. Click enter after typing so that viewers will be able to see it.
A tip menu would look like a bunch of items you're comfortable doing in the public chatroom, with both free and paid viewers.
This is an example tip menu:
Boob Flash-99 tokens, Booty Flash-30 tokens, Spank Me 5 Times, 50 tokens, Blow a kiss-7 tokens

If you're not comfortable with doing sexy things in front of free viewers, don't put sexy things in your tip menu.
Example of a non-sexual tip menu:
Song Request-25, Dare Me (non-sexual)-20, Truth (non-sexual)-15, Stand Up so you can see my body-40, Dance-55

OFFLINE TIPS:
Offline tips are when a member tips you while you're logged out of the site / not on your webcam. This is a link to tip you offline: mfc.im/YOURUSERNAME/Tip

PRIVATE AND GROUP:
If someone wants to take you private or group, a screen pops up asking you if you want to go. Click "accept" and you will find yourself in private or group. It will look the same as your room except on the right hand side, it will show only the members names who are paying for the private or group - you will not see the names of any free viewers.Only the people paying can see you when in private or group.

COUNTDOWNS:

Countdowns are things guys generally want to see your do, offered to the public chatroom for a certain amount of money. A girl might say.. in 1000 tokens I will take my shirt off. People may tip in the public room towards this. Once you've received 1000 tokens, you are to take your shirt off if you're running this countdown. I rarely do them because I like to take lots of privates and group shows, and guys get mad if they are tipping towards your countdown and you disappear off to do a private show. However I think the majority of models make the bulk of their earnings off countdowns.

To run a countdown, look at the top of your chatroom while you're on. On the right hand side it'll say countdown. Enter the # of tokens you want to do a specific thing. Then, in your topic, write @remain (total token number) until I do _____this thing_____ . This number automatically reduces as people tip if you wrote @remain instead of the number and if you entered the number into the countdown box.

I’ve been on sm for too long and pvt chat gets boring after a while. I always wanted to venture out into myfreecams since before i started but something about mfc and cb camscore tip menu and all that jazz sounds complicated to me :p i like your post and i think it sounds helpful now i want to try it for sure cx is the sign up process hard? I once tried to sign up but never got an email back -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.