AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC LAG / FREEZE Problem

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet_Olivia_

Cam Model
Jul 3, 2017
Twitter Username
@yoursweetolive
MFC Username
Sweet_Olivia_
Streamate Username
sweet_Olivia_
Hey ladies. Back again with some interesting news. I've been hearing about numerous models having issues on mfc with connection. I posted here a few months about my tanking camscore and lack of traffic or keeping people in my room and it has come to my attention that the majority of models are having increasing issues with their streaming capabilities. I was wondering if any of you have experienced this and know how to get around it? MFC was my sole source of income and I can no longer sustain this way unless they fix this issue, which does not seem to be a high priority to them. Thinking of starting on Chaturbate today for the first time and seeing how things goes. Anyone have experience doing this and find Chaturbate to be a successful switch?

I am having the same issue and have been worried all month. Today I downloaded OBS and it looks pretty good on my desktop, but members were still complaining it was glitchy, or that upon entering my room it would say "model offline". I am really wondering if MFC is going to do anything to correct camscore because mine has taken a ridiculous hit.

Upvote 0
OBS is a 3rd party software used to broadcast your video feed. It's similar to ManyCam or xSplit. When talking about connections with MFC, it's good to know what the differences are. The actual connection options are bolded below.

With OBS: you can use it as a virtual cam with an add-on if you're on a PC and connect via Flash or WebRTC. Flash is the old-school safest way to connect on MFC right now, but Flash is being phased out soon so we can't count on this much longer. WebRTC is the solution to that, but MFC is getting it worked out and there are still a few glitches with browser compatibility, etc while it gets hammered out.

Flash options: choose normal or higher res and your bandwidth options
normal high.PNG

WebRTC: choose your res and bandwidth options
webrtc.PNG

OBS: You can also use the RTMP/External Broadcaster connection with it on the HD Beta. This is non Flash dependent, but people who view you can still get less delay with having Flash enabled in their browser. Models can utilize an HD feed with this connection. There are still some glitches with this as some of the video servers (as far as I know) that connect your RTMP feed with MFC have hiccups. That's why some models seem perfectly fine and others have connection issues where members get disconnected.

External Broadcaster/RTMP: select this then follow the instructions to set up your direct stream on OBS (see THIS THREAD for more setup instructions.)
rtmp.PNG

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.