AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC model-HOW DO I GET MY ROOM POPPIN AGAIN??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2018
Kentucky
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@DahliaKinx
MFC Username
Dahlia_Kinx
hey everyone. I’ve been reading a lot of posts on this forum and it really has helped me a lot. I raised my CS from 250 to 1000 in a two week period so I was doing really well. I’m not sure what exactly the change was but now all of a sudden I went from 60+ people in my room to 5-10 max and almost no tippers. I’m not sure what to do or how to reign people in. Is it just me or is it the time of year? I am having a hard time because I’m just at a loss at what caused this. I would hella appreciate any sort of advice or mentoring. (And tbh if any model wants to shoot their shot at friendship I’m super nice and I want model friends) I keep my goals low and I try to make my show visually interesting from the pop up. I have color shift lights, a ring light, and a nice streaming camera. I have been staying away from black clothes and I’ve even tried starting my show naked. I have games and raffles and honestly I’ve been journaling and researching for a while because of how much my camscore has been rapidly dropping. I’ve even tried different times but I get the most activity when I go on at about 5am. Any ideas? Is it just slow this time of year? (Been camming not-so-successfully since about Sept)

Reactions: SexyDesireC
It really is just a slow time of year. But here's some tips: change up your profile picture often. I do once a month. Some guys might get in the habit of seeing your pic but never clicking, but you might get them to click on a new pic of you. You're room setup sounds pretty interesting. Maybe offer different types of shows? A bath/shower show maybe? Change your prices and tip menu that you offer. I try to make mine a little different each month. But mostly, just stick to it. You haven't been camming for long, and unfortunately the first year can be pretty brutal for most girls. Just keep offering a variety of content and fresh pics. You'll eventually build up a little base of regs who will hold you up income wise.

Camscore is a BITCH, but keep in mind 600+ is doing better than half the site (per MFC's wiki page). So don't beat yourself up too much over your camscore. It can be hard to bring in new people when it's low though, so focus on promoting yourself elsewhere. Interact with other models on twitter and build up followers there. Lot's of followers doesn't necessarily = better success BUT it can get new people in your camroom. My Twitter is @zeraevee is you'd like to follow me, and feel free to ask questions if you'd like! :) good luck!

Not a model here, just a lowly member. This time if year is really taxing so don't let it get you down. Hang in there and keep pushing on, I'll bet most of those people that helped jack your cs will be back.

I too have a pretty quiet room a lot of the time. It started getting me down in the beginning, but I'm only a month in. I recently had one night that was EVEN BETTER than my first night ever! That was the night I dropped my moniker. It dropped off a bit again after that, though. Changing my profile pic helps too, but I wonder if I'm changing it TOO often? (I'm on my third in a month)

Sometimes, a member will come into my room and get me going and they're telling me how awesome I am and tipping, so I feel like it's just the fact that not a lot of people know who I am yet. I always do my best to engage my room and be in a good mood. I have a feeling and a great sense of hope that I will get there. I need to film some content! I've also opened up my PMs at the suggestion of some people on this forum and that seemed to help.

I too have a pretty quiet room a lot of the time. It started getting me down in the beginning, but I'm only a month in. I recently had one night that was EVEN BETTER than my first night ever! That was the night I dropped my moniker. It dropped off a bit again after that, though. Changing my profile pic helps too, but I wonder if I'm changing it TOO often? (I'm on my third in a month)

Sometimes, a member will come into my room and get me going and they're telling me how awesome I am and tipping, so I feel like it's just the fact that not a lot of people know who I am yet. I always do my best to engage my room and be in a good mood. I have a feeling and a great sense of hope that I will get there. I need to film some content! I've also opened up my PMs at the suggestion of some people on this forum and that seemed to help.
This is great advice, to be engaging. Always good to keep in mind everyone has bad times

From my experience this is just how camming goes. There will be amazing day, weeks, months, but then there will also be bad times, both periods lasting indefinitely. It gets stressful and makes you feel a whirlwind of emotions but you have to remember all it is is a slow period and things will pick back up, traffic will change, you'll gain new clients because that's what happens. Saving up at least three mo this expenses if you can is a great way to handle the stress during slow periods as it gives you time to work on self care or look into making lateral moves like switching to phone sex or videos or try out new techniques, styles, try a naked baking or bath show, do what you have fun doing.
Hopefully it's already picked up by the time I post this.
I would love to be friends!

the cool thing about sex work these days is you can switch it up a whole lot when things get slow - try to remember that its the long game that counts the most - if you get burnt out about your cam score or trying to over perform on cam to get more traffic, you will probably lose out more in the long run. Maybe make some clips to sell to switch things up? Spruce up your MFC Share page? Get on cam while you take pictures of yourself or film shorts? Sometimes small changes can help make you feel less stressed out, and that in turn can attract new people

Yeah it’s been a lot slower for me too lately. October and November were really good months with lots of people watching and interacting, but lately it’s been very quiet even though I try to make it fun and dance around and tease a little bit. I guess it just depends on the time of year it is?

Yeah it’s been a lot slower for me too lately. October and November were really good months with lots of people watching and interacting, but lately it’s been very quiet even though I try to make it fun and dance around and tease a little bit. I guess it just depends on the time of year it is?
Aw yea, March is fucked for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.