AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC model not sure if I should give up.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2020
I have been using mfc for about a month now, but I have only been on a total of 8 times.

When I first started, on my first night, I walked away with $110 made in under two hours. I was shocked and so happy. The next night was almost the same amount, and so was the following night. The fourth night was bad. No one came in except for some people flirting for free and trying to pressure me to do dirty things for nothing. I later found out that some guy had put these people up to go into my room, flirt and give me nothing in return to test me for some reason, is what they said. The fifth day someone came into my room and told me I was running my room all wrong. He told me to change my tip menu prices, told me I wasn’t good at spanking my ass, and bad camera angle, even though my first three nights were fine. But I followed them and I changed my tip menu to fit what they were telling me to do, changed my entire bedroom, and bought new furniture to change my camera angle. The sixth day was worse. This person kept coming into my room and telling me to do this and that because I would make more tips that way, so I kept trying to follow what they said and my room just kept getting worse.
Before this person came in I was doing fine. On the seventh night I cammed, a different guy came into my room, told me my tip menu was all wrong, and my camera angle and also offered to help me. This guy claimed for some reason that he is behind making most of the top MFC models wealthy and told me he would help me change everything about myself and my room to make me make decent money too. I wasted two weeks. Yes.. I must be stupid.. I wasted two weeks of not camming, to listen to this person give me tips and help me change my menu and create videos for my MFC share, but none of it was how I wanted to run my room, and ever since this person came in I have made only $5. He purposely sent people into my room too to bring me down one night. He sent one person in to test me and to see if I would flirt back for free, and this person got angry because I told them I don’t talk dirty for free.. which I thought was reasonable, since I see other models not accept that all of the time, and it is on my tip menu..but this person who sent the guy in to test me, was mad that I didn’t flirt back. And then he sent in someone to act all friendly with me and wanted to see how long I’d chat with him for free.. and then he got angry because I didn’t ask this guy for a tip.. my head has felt like it’s spinning.. I’ve been depressed about losing my regulars because this person took up all of my time, and also told me my regulars were scammers, even though they tipped me decently in the first place.. I just want to run my room the way I want to do it.. I feel like these men coming in saw a weak girl and wanted to take advantage.

I’ve been wanting to give up. I’ve spent over $1,000 on camera, furniture, lingerie, toys ect for webcamming because it looked like something I could have fun with, I could be creative with, but why do I have these guys coming into my room and telling me “do things this way and you will make more.” Has any other model had this issue? Guys coming in claiming they have helped other models and then pushing you to listen to them? .. I’m not going to lie, I’ve been crying, I’ve been doubting myself because this person told me that he thinks I have low self esteem and can see it on camera.. I cried for days.. I just wanted to do the webcamming to have fun and a creative outlet, now I have guys coming in and trying to control my room and now I make nothing and have no followers because of it. Is this a well known scam and I fell for it?.. I don’t know whether to quit and give up or tell them to fuck off and do things my way.. I’m really angry they claimed that they helped make some of the top models be on top, and said to me that they saw potential in me and wanted to help me because of it. Please let me know models if you have had this happen?.. I want to have the motivation to continue so badly.. I feel beaten down though, after losing my regulars I created on my own, and hearing I look like I have low self esteem.. I’m so lost..thank you for any bit of advice and help.

It's common for people to attempt that with new models. Some people think they know everything because they've watched a few models and believe that with their advice they can make anyone a top model, and when it inevitably fails they move on to the next new girl. A lot of members also follow a certain line of reasoning because at first glance it seems to make sense. The model they are watching seems great, and they like her and see something in her, so they incorrectly assume that others will see it the same way and can't imagine that the model might not instantly become a top model, but as you know by now camming is more complex than that. For some idea of them being the reason for a models success probably makes their e-peen feel bigger as well.

I know you may be feeling down at the moment but it's good to know that for most people things start of slow camming. Regardless of what happened in your first few weeks it's never too late to turn things around. Instead of looking at it like a waste of time look at it as a learning experience of things not to do. The fact is no one can predict how well you can actually do as a cam model, and the only way to find out is to give it your best effort. You should definitely tell these guys trying to control you to fuck off or simply ban them or straight up ignore them (personally I like trolling ppl trying to take advantage of me so I can get a laugh at it and some of my viewers do as well).

Upvote 0
tell them to fuck off and do things my way

^^ This. Do this. The ban button is your friend and if someone is trying to make you do things you don't want to do and making you feel bad, ban them. You don't need to put up with that bs. My ban list on MFC is stupid long because I don't tolerate bullshit or disrespect and I also don't hand out second chances once you've reached the point of being banned.

There's dudes out there that prey on new models and the majority of the time when these guys are offering all this "advice" to new models it's because they are looking for free one on one time, wanting to mold you in a way that your show will be just what they want to see, or they are getting off on the power dynamic of it and from manipulating you. They do not care about you and they don't care about helping you. They will never positively add to your room and you should not waste any time on them. Good thing is that once you lose your new model status they typically tend to start fucking off on their own to (sadly) prey on newer models.

You're still new to camming, it's going to take some time to build a quality regular base. But, there are some terrific members out there who will find you as long as you keep at it. However, I will say that it takes some thick skin to cam. Even if you've been camming for years you're still going to have some buttmuncher come in your room spouting some assholery every now and again. You're going to have to learn to let it roll off your back, otherwise this job will tear you down.

Once you log back on, if you decide to, do you. Run your room the way you want to.

Upvote 0
MFC is all about building a followership and community around you and your persona. DO WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO - everything else will wear you down dramatically in no time. I'm personally not a friend of banning people (I have banned 1 person in 11 months of camming there), I like to use trolls and jerks as a way to entertain my room (I roast them until they're crispy).

I had months on MFC where I made ridiculous money and others where I barely made anything. Key - in my opinion - is consistency and authenticity, things like marketing your content and services help a lot. Don't get spammy though.

A month of camming is nothing really. I gave myself half a year to decide if I want to keep it up or not..

Upvote 0
It's common for people to attempt that with new models. Some people think they know everything because they've watched a few models and believe that with their advice they can make anyone a top model, and when it inevitably fails they move on to the next new girl. A lot of members also follow a certain line of reasoning because at first glance it seems to make sense. The model they are watching seems great, and they like her and see something in her, so they incorrectly assume that others will see it the same way and can't imagine that the model might not instantly become a top model, but as you know by now camming is more complex than that. For some idea of them being the reason for a models success probably makes their e-peen feel bigger as well.

I know you may be feeling down at the moment but it's good to know that for most people things start of slow camming. Regardless of what happened in your first few weeks it's never too late to turn things around. Instead of looking at it like a waste of time look at it as a learning experience of things not to do. The fact is no one can predict how well you can actually do as a cam model, and the only way to find out is to give it your best effort. You should definitely tell these guys trying to control you to fuck off or simply ban them or straight up ignore them (personally I like trolling ppl trying to take advantage of me so I can get a laugh at it and some of my viewers do as well).

Thank you so much for your response. It helps so much to have someone listen and tell me that this is what happens to newer models, and to not give up, and I will tell them to fuck off! Thank you! 😁👌💕🙏

Reactions: Puffin
Upvote 0
^^ This. Do this. The ban button is your friend and if someone is trying to make you do things you don't want to do and making you feel bad, ban them. You don't need to put up with that bs. My ban list on MFC is stupid long because I don't tolerate bullshit or disrespect and I also don't hand out second chances once you've reached the point of being banned.

There's dudes out there that prey on new models and the majority of the time when these guys are offering all this "advice" to new models it's because they are looking for free one on one time, wanting to mold you in a way that your show will be just what they want to see, or they are getting off on the power dynamic of it and from manipulating you. They do not care about you and they don't care about helping you. They will never positively add to your room and you should not waste any time on them. Good thing is that once you lose your new model status they typically tend to start fucking off on their own to (sadly) prey on newer models.

You're still new to camming, it's going to take some time to build a quality regular base. But, there are some terrific members out there who will find you as long as you keep at it. However, I will say that it takes some thick skin to cam. Even if you've been camming for years you're still going to have some buttmuncher come in your room spouting some assholery every now and again. You're going to have to learn to let it roll off your back, otherwise this job will tear you down.

Once you log back on, if you decide to, do you. Run your room the way you want to.

Thank you so much! That helps a lot! I kinda figured this was something that happens to newer models 😣makes me angry I fell for it, but I am excited to do what I want to do and not them 😣I’m going to give it my all and they can fuck off the next time someone tells me my tip menu is all wrong 😣 thank you for your time!! 😁🙏💕

Upvote 0

You are awesome. Thank you so much for reading all of that and for your time. I am so glad that to know that this is what happens to newer models, and I am super pissed I fell for it 😣 I will tell them to fuck off, and I will look at this as a learning experience yes!

Upvote 0
MFC is all about building a followership and community around you and your persona. DO WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO - everything else will wear you down dramatically in no time. I'm personally not a friend of banning people (I have banned 1 person in 11 months of camming there), I like to use trolls and jerks as a way to entertain my room (I roast them until they're crispy).

I had months on MFC where I made ridiculous money and others where I barely made anything. Key - in my opinion - is consistency and authenticity, things like marketing your content and services help a lot. Don't get spammy though.

A month of camming is nothing really. I gave myself half a year to decide if I want to keep it up or not..

you’re awesome. Thank you so much for reading all of that and for your time. I love that you roast the trolls 😂 that’s a good idea!

Upvote 0
I never banned those people really I think besides once because he wouldn't stop talking. But it wasn't lifelong. I only banned one person because he said he was a kid and the other was over a year ago. Plenty of the time men would say you need to show some skin and you need to do this or that. I would be pretty open and straightforward. Probably the wrong tactic and probably considered tacky but they don't bother me after that. Like with prices one guy wanted me to do something in public chat. And he was like you're going to do it here. I was like well I was giving you a cheap way to get your show you want it here well the price is going to be hefty or not at all. I already made 400 dollars in 4 hours I don't need to do it at all. Or other times they will be like show a little skin you'll get more tips. I was like I was in a bikini once and ended up with 25 dollars over 6 or 7 hours and you mean to tell me the tips are going to come rolling in? Like I tell them my experience and tell them it doesn;t work I will not do it because of whatever etc... People looking for free shows on skype I tell them I have never done a show without tks in a year and a half of being here they back off usually. I have had people get mad especially the basics. That I will not do anything sexy without tips I tell them straight up I don't care because it does not pay bills. I don't think I have ever had a session where I did not say well that does not pay bills lol. Usually though this is when I'm basically telling them fuck off I am not having any of it unless I get my tip. Sometimes going to the first guy I was talking about. They think if they say they're my prefered type they'll get me to take off my clothes which is just so weird. Like I came on here to find an attractive man I already have pof bumble tinder etc when I want. So I really don't get how some people think I am really going to be interested in creeps to want to do that. Quite clearly anyone could tell anyone on here is here for the money quite obviously. Now I know this is probably not right to outwardly say stuff about money and paying bills but this is usually after I have tried and tried to get them to tip me and now all they're doing is asking for something free. Also sometimes I let it be known I am working because sometimes people here don't seem to understand that. Some people will act like well it's impossible to make money here. Ok if so then when do you think you'll see a show? Yea never. Like thinking I'm going to just give up and flash. Like would I just flash random people down the street? Who flashes people in their life? Like obviously the only reason I'm doing it is money. And I don't get why people like this can't understand the obvious. But I'm pretty sure I'm rude for it. But for me. I just am like this is my job so this is what I do.

Reactions: HaleighDoll
Upvote 0
I never banned those people really I think besides once because he wouldn't stop talking. But it wasn't lifelong. I only banned one person because he said he was a kid and the other was over a year ago. Plenty of the time men would say you need to show some skin and you need to do this or that. I would be pretty open and straightforward. Probably the wrong tactic and probably considered tacky but they don't bother me after that. Like with prices one guy wanted me to do something in public chat. And he was like you're going to do it here. I was like well I was giving you a cheap way to get your show you want it here well the price is going to be hefty or not at all. I already made 400 dollars in 4 hours I don't need to do it at all. Or other times they will be like show a little skin you'll get more tips. I was like I was in a bikini once and ended up with 25 dollars over 6 or 7 hours and you mean to tell me the tips are going to come rolling in? Like I tell them my experience and tell them it doesn;t work I will not do it because of whatever etc... People looking for free shows on skype I tell them I have never done a show without tks in a year and a half of being here they back off usually. I have had people get mad especially the basics. That I will not do anything sexy without tips I tell them straight up I don't care because it does not pay bills. I don't think I have ever had a session where I did not say well that does not pay bills lol. Usually though this is when I'm basically telling them fuck off I am not having any of it unless I get my tip. Sometimes going to the first guy I was talking about. They think if they say they're my prefered type they'll get me to take off my clothes which is just so weird. Like I came on here to find an attractive man I already have pof bumble tinder etc when I want. So I really don't get how some people think I am really going to be interested in creeps to want to do that. Quite clearly anyone could tell anyone on here is here for the money quite obviously. Now I know this is probably not right to outwardly say stuff about money and paying bills but this is usually after I have tried and tried to get them to tip me and now all they're doing is asking for something free. Also sometimes I let it be known I am working because sometimes people here don't seem to understand that. Some people will act like well it's impossible to make money here. Ok if so then when do you think you'll see a show? Yea never. Like thinking I'm going to just give up and flash. Like would I just flash random people down the street? Who flashes people in their life? Like obviously the only reason I'm doing it is money. And I don't get why people like this can't understand the obvious. But I'm pretty sure I'm rude for it. But for me. I just am like this is my job so this is what I do.

no you are soo not rude! I think you are completely right! It really pisses me off when guys are asking me to do dirty things for free and then telling me they are broke or whatever, like I am supposed to care when they know this is my job. Thank you, you were so helpful, I am not going to put up with that anymore. 😁

Upvote 0
Ok first of all, hugs. We’ve all done stupid shit when we started camming. The ban button is your friend. I’ve been camming full time for several years now and I ban anyone who doesn’t respect my rules and mute/ban anyone who brings down the room. They aren’t worth the mental effort or tank in your mood. This forum will be your friend and best tool if you want to continue camming. The models here have tons of great advice and there’s a plethora of threads for new models. Best advice I can give is only do whatever your comfortable with and Do Not Listen to random members who try to tell you how to run your business. All you’re gonna get is a bunch of shitty opinions on how to best cater to what they themselves want. You’ll have a bunch of adjustments to do as you gain more cam experience and find your schtick but they will be what you want to do.

Upvote 0
Ok first of all, hugs. We’ve all done stupid shit when we started camming. The ban button is your friend. I’ve been camming full time for several years now and I ban anyone who doesn’t respect my rules and mute/ban anyone who brings down the room. They aren’t worth the mental effort or tank in your mood. This forum will be your friend and best tool if you want to continue camming. The models here have tons of great advice and there’s a plethora of threads for new models. Best advice I can give is only do whatever your comfortable with and Do Not Listen to random members who try to tell you how to run your business. All you’re gonna get is a bunch of shitty opinions on how to best cater to what they themselves want. You’ll have a bunch of adjustments to do as you gain more cam experience and find your schtick but they will be what you want to do.
Thank you so much for your help 🥰 And for the hug 💕🥰 I will continue, and I will be wary now that there are people out there who will try to control me 😣 and just ban them.

Upvote 0
In my first two weeks of streaming, I made a total of $65 dollars. On Sunday I made damn near half that in just under two hours. That's still not a lot, but one of the things that pretty much every cam model I've talked to has said is that being successful in this industry takes time and consistency, and while I'm not making a lot yet my income has been steadily increasing over time. You don't even have 10 streams under your belt yet so if the only thing you don't like about the industry so far is how much you've made, then just give it time.

Also, take anything members say with a grain of salt. Some people are legitimately helpful, but most are just trying to get you to do things they want for free.

Upvote 0
In my first two weeks of streaming, I made a total of $65 dollars. On Sunday I made damn near half that in just under two hours. That's still not a lot, but one of the things that pretty much every cam model I've talked to has said is that being successful in this industry takes time and consistency, and while I'm not making a lot yet my income has been steadily increasing over time. You don't even have 10 streams under your belt yet so if the only thing you don't like about the industry so far is how much you've made, then just give it time.

Also, take anything members say with a grain of salt. Some people are legitimately helpful, but most are just trying to get you to do things they want for free.

You are an Angel, thank you so much for your help! I will give it time! Thank you darling 💕🥰 I feel so much better after posting on this forum and getting all of this positive help and feedback. I will keep trying!

Reactions: Lizzy_Beth
Upvote 0
You are an Angel, thank you so much for your help! I will give it time! Thank you darling 💕🥰 I feel so much better after posting on this forum and getting all of this positive help and feedback. I will keep trying!
Aw, you’re so sweet. :blush: People here are really supportive, I’m just glad I was able to contribute something helpful. ❤️Good Luck!

Reactions: UnicornFairy
Upvote 0

This. Definitely this. It sucks as a member to see others trying to take advantage of models. But, word of caution. As you get to know members more, and start to build some kind of relationship with them, remember that they could easily turn on you at any time. I've seen other members do some pretty nasty stuff to models they were "close" with for years. Doxxing a model, harrasment, threats, etc. all because they perceived her doing something they didn't like. Or, they thought it was more than just a business relationship.

Please be very careful on how much you share with members, not many have your best interest in mind. I've been very lucky to have built enough trust with models to have a slightly more personal conversation than what's in the room. But, I never had issues with them leaving certain info private. In fact, I preferred it.

Upvote 0
This. Definitely this. It sucks as a member to see others trying to take advantage of models. But, word of caution. As you get to know members more, and start to build some kind of relationship with them, remember that they could easily turn on you at any time. I've seen other members do some pretty nasty stuff to models they were "close" with for years. Doxxing a model, harrasment, threats, etc. all because they perceived her doing something they didn't like. Or, they thought it was more than just a business relationship.

Please be very careful on how much you share with members, not many have your best interest in mind. I've been very lucky to have built enough trust with models to have a slightly more personal conversation than what's in the room. But, I never had issues with them leaving certain info private. In fact, I preferred it.

Thank you very much for your help! I will keep it in mind to be careful! 😣

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.