AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Share Video Prices

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! Just made my first video to post on MFC Share (and eventually other clip sites).......I have heard that videos on clip sites are typically priced at $1/min, so does that mean I should convert that to tokens to figure out how much to charge on MFC? My first video ever (!!!) is 11 mins long so I figured 220 tokens? Does that seem reasonable? I honestly have no idea what to charge!

Reactions: AllyVixen
Not a model, I think it's really up to you. Like what you want to charge.

If you browser around MFC share, you'll see a wide range of prices.
300 token for 9 minute. 33 tokens a minute. 30 USD for customer.
900 token for 10 minutes. 90 tokens a minute. 74 USD for customer.
200 tokens for 2 minute. 66 tokens a minute. 20 USD for customer.
300 tokens for 6 minutes. 50 tokens a minute. 30 USD for customer.
100 tokens for 15 minutes. 6 tokens a minute. 10 USD for customer.
400 tokens for 11 minutes. 36 tokens a minute. 40 USD for customer.
100 tokens for 5 minutes, 2 tokens a minute. 10 USD for customer.

Some of this probable depends on quality of the video, subject mater.

Typically the higher the price, the less people are going to buy it.
But you can always start high, and drop the price over time.

As a customer,
I have to buy tokens in batches, 200, 550, 900.
So 100, 200 is an easy 20 dollar buy.
201 to 400 I'm looking at it as 40 dollar purchase
400-550, I'm going to start looking at it as a 50 dollar purchase.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not a model, only a member. So, only giving my perspective on purchasing content.

For myself, when it comes to buy content, there's a couple of key factors that affect my purchases:

1) Familiarity with the model - I'm more apt to purchase from a model I know, than a new one.
2) Quality of the video - Kind of a broad scope of things here. Everything from video/audio quality to artistic level of the video when it comes to subject as well as how the model is in the clip.

At this point, I'm more apprehensive to buy content from a model I don't know because of the "unknown" factor. I don't know her level of quality in terms of video production, and how she is overall. Had a few bad purchases, which more or less turned me off of unknown (to me) models. But, if the quality seemed decent, and it piqued my interest I'd buy for 200 tokens and not give it too much thought as it's only $20 (MFC tokens 200 for $19.99).

Now, if you're a model I'm familiar with because I've been in your room more than a few times, I'm much more open to taking a gamble and paying more. I've purchased "first videos" for up to 500-550 on a couple of times. But, I had a good idea of a few things, so felt comfortable on the purchase.

That being said, there's two trains of thought on this:

1) Sell at a lower price to make it much more appealing for people to take a risk and potentially make more due to volume?

2) Sell it at a higher price, which may only be appealing to a smaller group of people?

You could try setting it at 250 and seeing what level of interest there is. This may also give you some wiggle room for promotion while camming publicly. Could do it as a kind of "222" promotion which some people will jump on if it means a savings of a few tokens. Also, if it doesn't sell that well there, it may not be as much of a drop down to a lower level to increase sales.

Apologies on some of the rambling. Just trying to throw some other ideas out there to help you come to an informed decision. For the longest time, it was rare for me to purchase content. However over the past few months, I've found myself purchasing more content as compared to all the years prior. Hopefully some of the models will help give you more info so you can make a more informed decision.

Upvote 0
Thanks, this is all super helpful! Appreciate members sharing their perspectives as buyers. Just posted my first video on MFC for 220 tokens. Lets see how we do! Gonna be on cam tomorrow to promote it.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Upvote 0
It seems a good fork of price, even if the "quality" in term of video resolution is not so good (just display it honestly if only 720p or so).
Then, let this one(s) on the market at the same price, it will do the job for new users in future, whatever you'll choice for your next vids prices.

Even if you cut-off price later, don't try under 150-200 imo.
Too low would not be taken as serious ;)
I see model who underrate their own presence on screen proposing videos for 30 - 50 tokens... that looks only 'desperate' :/ better to set it for free than so low.

Upvote 0
It all does vary. I charge 100-220 per video and my videos range in duration from 3 minutes to 15 minutes on average. If the video is more of a Snapchat compilation or an archive cam show type video, I can charge lower than $1/min just to keep content out there. Even though its a token conversion, more than $22 per video for the customer isn't fair when on other sites that deal in non-tokens would get the same video for $5.99-$15.99. So I try to treat my customers well.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Upvote 0
I price my standalone clips a bit high (600-800 tokens, mostly) but will also bundle them into collections for steep discounts. My clubs are much cheaper to join and get full length clips. I don't sell as many clips as some but I also haven't found any of my clips on pirated sites and most people who buy one buy multiples. Teaser clips are usually not worth the effort, outside of being extra club perks. I haven't put much thought into my clip pricing techniques aside from that but clips also aren't my main hustle so YMMV.

Upvote 0
Thanks, this is all super helpful! Appreciate members sharing their perspectives as buyers. Just posted my first video on MFC for 220 tokens. Lets see how we do! Gonna be on cam tomorrow to promote it.
Best to start low. High ranking models can sell for 250, cause they're known. You're less likely to sell at that price. What I did was I made 45 videos with different themes/angles/toys/ect and set the prices between 39-120, most of them at 59-69 range. Members buy more in these ranges and you will get more money for it, also members will buy a few at a time. I even would sometimes split the videos into series and charge 69 a piece. Works out well. I treat videos as a passive income, gaining an extra 1000+ tokens each month.

Upvote 0
Best to start low. High ranking models can sell for 250, cause they're known. You're less likely to sell at that price. What I did was I made 45 videos with different themes/angles/toys/ect and set the prices between 39-120, most of them at 59-69 range. Members buy more in these ranges and you will get more money for it, also members will buy a few at a time. I even would sometimes split the videos into series and charge 69 a piece. Works out well. I treat videos as a passive income, gaining an extra 1000+ tokens each month.
I disagree a bit. It's possibly better to price things a bit higher so that you can discount them in a collection (bundle) or have an actual sale price from time to time.

When I first offered videos I priced them all around 150-200 tokens, no matter how long they were. As was mentioned above:
As a customer,
I have to buy tokens in batches, 200, 550, 900.
So 100, 200 is an easy 20 dollar buy.
201 to 400 I'm looking at it as 40 dollar purchase
400-550, I'm going to start looking at it as a 50 dollar purchase.
keep the prices of token bundles in mind, the more convenient it is for a member to get 1 bundle of tokens to cover 1 or more video purchase, the more likely they may be to buy your content.

Upvote 0
I disagree a bit. It's possibly better to price things a bit higher so that you can discount them in a collection (bundle) or have an actual sale price from time to time.

When I first offered videos I priced them all around 150-200 tokens, no matter how long they were. As was mentioned above:

keep the prices of token bundles in mind, the more convenient it is for a member to get 1 bundle of tokens to cover 1 or more video purchase, the more likely they may be to buy your content.
Perhaps :) Could be that you have a different more extrovert personality than I do to draw in viewers. Bigger boobs too :) I take a long time cause I don't have any obvious attributes or obvious talents. I just notice that my videos sold a lot faster and more frequently than when I did have them in the higher price range.

Upvote 0
...I don't have any obvious attributes or obvious talents.
xD a killing smile can do more than bigger boobs^^
Take time to listen your viewers in your room, they know what you have as obvious.

Reactions: JessicaXOXOXO
Upvote 0
xD a killing smile can do more than bigger boobs^^
Take time to listen your viewers in your room, they know what you have as obvious.
hahaha true! Either way, I wouldn't pay high for a model that's not established so I don't expect my viewers to.

Upvote 0
It also depends on a content. The naughtier it gets the higher the price might be. For example a tease video would cost less than a DP video. Also if people know you well they are much more willing to spend on you. Therefore it's ok to start with lower prices for a new model and grow them as your status grows.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for this topic, I was just looking in the archives of my group show recordings to try to figure out if I should sell them and if so, is editing possible and pricing is definitely all over the place from what I can tell looking at other Share pages. The shortest of my group shows is maybe 10 minutes, BUT several of them are 1 to 2 HOURS long, and all of them are multiple squirting videos (because that's my thing lol) - is it possible to split the long ones up? I have no idea what MFC lets you do with these things.

PS I'm also curious to know what price point was successful for the OP to sell her video!

Upvote 0
I always believe that recorded shows should be sold a bit less than the non-show vids. Reason is that usually you hear tipping noises, model talking to members, model walking off-screen to get a drink etc. This distracts enormously when you just want to watch a hot video.
I've seen prices for recordings as low as 50 tokens and as high as over 500. I'm still interested in them, but don't want to pay as much as the non-recordings.

Reactions: Kathrynne
Upvote 0
I always believe that recorded shows should be sold a bit less than the non-show vids. Reason is that usually you hear tipping noises, model talking to members, model walking off-screen to get a drink etc. This distracts enormously when you just want to watch a hot video.
I've seen prices for recordings as low as 50 tokens and as high as over 500. I'm still interested in them, but don't want to pay as much as the non-recordings.

Thank you, that's helpful to know!

Upvote 0
Not a model. My personal opinion as a longtime MFC fan and manager of an MFC models share page. The standard price options for someone buying tokens has a $20 for 200 tokens, $50 for 550 tokens, $75 at 900 tokens etc.. Sometimes seeing a video on MFC share for 200 tokens or less can turn into an impulse buy since I can spare the 20 bucks. Especially if it's a model I am not familiar with.

I would say prices are set depending on the content, how long the video is, and the amount of time it took you to actually make the video. I don't mess with the settings on the model's share page so I might be wrong, but her videos are reencoded to 720P by MFC Share so as far as video quality goes you essentially get what MFC Share gives you. That's why I mentioned to count the time it took you to actually make the video. If you had to drive 45 minutes to the nearest mall just to record a changing room video, then try to make some of your time worth it. So for your first video you mentioned you priced it at 220. That might be a tiny bit high. But then it could be looked at it being 200 for the video, 20 for the time. AmberCutie said she priced her vids between 150 and 200 and she's right. Especially if you're just starting out. So instead think of them as 180 tokens for the video and 20 tokens for your time for a total of 200. If you feel you deserve more, then go for it. Charge closer to what you feel it is worth but don't overprice on the hopes of hitting a home run. You'll actually turn more guys off. It's a cumulative effect for videos. You don't want to just sell a video 2 or 3 times for 500 tokens each. You want to sell a video 50 or 60 times for 155 tokens each.

Bundling and sales are gonna be a thing you want to consider once you get about 5 videos out. You don't have to necessarily theme them. They don't have to be your ''Role play'' collection or anything. In fact I would say to make them as varied as possible when you start out. Cater to as many different guys likes as possible. You can simply bundle them as your ''Early vids pack'' or something like that. So if you have 5 vids that would cost 1000 tokens to buy all 5 individually, bundle them at say 600. Especially if you are making new videos constantly, that first video pack is the starter option for someone interested in you. If they like they will be back for more. As your popularity rises, you can start raising prices. I'd say once you worked your way up to a top 1000 model (if you haven't already), then you can really set prices closer to what you want. And also sales. Once or twice a week maybe, sell the video for 150 instead of 220. Or do a Charlesbot numbers game where a secret number wins the video. You will end up giving those videos for less than what they are worth but if a guy tipped 10 times to guess a secret number, it can be worth it.

Recorded shows are definitely less than a video you actually took the time to plan, dress up, and edit. I would say about 30 to 40 percent less. Boy/Girl if you go that route is more. Nearly double the price of a normal video. Tease videos I would say are around what you might charge for a recorded show. And if you haven't done it yet, you can put your MFC share page on your profile using the Embed option on the Share link of your page. Best of luck!

Reactions: Kathrynne
Upvote 0
I don't mess with the settings on the model's share page so I might be wrong, but her videos are reencoded to 720P by MFC Share so as far as video quality goes you essentially get what MFC Share gives you.
The video will be available at the resolution that the model created it, and also lower resolutions to allow folks with weaker connections to stream or download them smoothly. I think it defaults to 1080p if the vid is uploaded in 4k.
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 11.48.25 AM.png

Upvote 0
The video will be available at the resolution that the model created it, and also lower resolutions to allow folks with weaker connections to stream or download them smoothly. I think it defaults to 1080p if the vid is uploaded in 4k.
View attachment 84678
Thanks for the info. Her videos were all defaulting to 720P on viewing in her share page. We were both uploading at 1080 so I assumed MFC Share was downgrading the resolution.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for this topic, I was just looking in the archives of my group show recordings to try to figure out if I should sell them and if so, is editing possible and pricing is definitely all over the place from what I can tell looking at other Share pages. The shortest of my group shows is maybe 10 minutes, BUT several of them are 1 to 2 HOURS long, and all of them are multiple squirting videos (because that's my thing lol) - is it possible to split the long ones up? I have no idea what MFC lets you do with these things.

PS I'm also curious to know what price point was successful for the OP to sell her video!
yes you can split them up! The way you do this is you trim it to the size you want using the MFC trimming tool. Then you render it - it will leave you with two videos in the album, the original and the new trimmed one. Then you trim the original again to the second part you want. You'll end up with the original and ALL the split up versions you've made in one album. To separate them into different albums you'll need to download each piece and re-upload it as its own album. Then delete the original video in the album.

You can also download the original and split it up in your own editing software

Upvote 0
yes you can split them up! The way you do this is you trim it to the size you want using the MFC trimming tool. Then you render it - it will leave you with two videos in the album, the original and the new trimmed one. Then you trim the original again to the second part you want. You'll end up with the original and ALL the split up versions you've made in one album. To separate them into different albums you'll need to download each piece and re-upload it as its own album. Then delete the original video in the album.

You can also download the original and split it up in your own editing software
Thank you for taking the time to explain this, I feel so few folks know about it!

Upvote 0
Downloadable is definitely the way to go. Download the whole file and use a video editor to split them into individual videos. The MFC Share editor can split the videos but you can't do any kind of stuff like putting a title intro or any kind of transitions if you are into that. Windows Movie Maker should still be found somewhere on the net for Windows computers and it's fairly easy to edit with. I edit with Movie Maker and it does everything you need to make a simple video.

If you're still curious about pricing of your B/G videos. I would say how much would you charge if it was a dildo bj video and then at least double it. Same with your other B/G videos. Take whatever you would charge if it was a solo video and double it. The more explicit it is, then add a little bit more to that as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.