AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC thumbnail previews messing with room count?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What do you prefer for the homepage on MFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2018
Hey lovelies!
Just wanna start by thanking the community for all your help on this site-this is my first post but all my other questions have been answered in the past by threads on here!

Ok so, has any MFC girls noticed a drop in room count since they changed the homepage from pictures to thumbnail video previews? Mine has absolutely plummeted and this is the only difference I can think of that may of caused it.

I personally think that having video previews is just going to encourage girls (especially those with a lower camscore or just starting) to become more extreme in their public room to try and pull people in? Which could actually be dangerous? Like painful over-dildoing dangerous?

I am not fully nude in my room so I depend on my personality to bring in new people and keep them in there, this used to work great but now I barely even get new people entering my room..

I would love people's views on this :)

As a member I prefer to see a current/day live preview of the room. Obviously with an image it's angled and taken so it gets your sexiest side etc.
The amount of times i have seen a photo thumb of a model or gone into their room as they have just gone offline but see their bio photos (LJ, CB for example) and I think "oh ok yeah she looks great". Then when she comes back she looks nothing like the photos. That may make me sound bad or something but I am sure I am not the only one that has done that many times. Some times it's because of a simple case that the model hasn't updated their photo so they are using one from years ago so they were heavier, or thinner or whatever.. it can work either way to be fair.

Also nudity surprisingly doesn't always bring in the viewers. It just depends on what we fancy that day unfortunately. Most times I think a guy loves to see a woman in something sexy or seductive (that suits them - the model), but obviously with the intention of removing it.

I have mine set up so I have booth cam preview and avatar, but if I had to choose between the two I would take cam preview. I don't think it is going to effect the how models with a lower camscore spend their time on cam. From what I can tell personality is the most important thing to have on MFC, second to that is a good cam set up and third is looks. If doing sexually explicit stuff all the time would be important we would already see a lot of models with a low camscore have more viewers. I checked out the South American rooms just now and out of the rooms that has less then 200 camscore and no room has more than 7 viewers despite the fact that several of them are doing sexually explicit stuff in public chat.

My preference is set for the small cam preview. I see that is the default view for everyone, including "guests" now. Sorry that's causing fewer viewers for you, Buffy.

Personally, I prefer cam views because it eliminates a step - which is hovering the mouse over the avatar to see the "floating" cam preview. So, I'm choosing who to visit based on the cam preview anyway. It is rare that I'll click into a room based just on the avatar.

I tend to just visit models I know, however. I don't visit new rooms often, unless there's something really interesting going on.

Would it be useful to know what "click bait" gets my (and other members') attention?

Reactions: Wolf_3_5_9
It has definitely affected my room count. I have to have my tits or ass taking up the entire screen or my room is about half as populated as usual. Makes it harder for me to have conversations lately. However, once I start a masturbation show the room count jumps much faster than usual and seems to cap at a higher number. I think with this new system models will have to become more explicit more often in order to hold a room. Not saying a room is necessary to earn tokens, but if you rely on new tippers as opposed to regulars than you'll have no choice.

With that said, women I've talked to say they prefer the avatar pictures and men have said previews.

Avatars for me. Dislike the whole sea of previews - too much, too soon. What's wrong with a little hide and seek and mystery? Instant gratification - they want it all, they want it now, let them have it. I like the avatars, a personal touch by the model, and that little conscious hover for the preview leaves the surprise in my hands. :happy:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
It has definitely affected my room count. I have to have my tits or ass taking up the entire screen or my room is about half as populated as usual. Makes it harder for me to have conversations lately. However, once I start a masturbation show the room count jumps much faster than usual and seems to cap at a higher number. I think with this new system models will have to become more explicit more often in order to hold a room. Not saying a room is necessary to earn tokens, but if you rely on new tippers as opposed to regulars than you'll have no choice.

With that said, women I've talked to say they prefer the avatar pictures and men have said previews.

That's a big change in the room dynamics.

It's easy for individuals to set personal preferences to video previews instead, why cater to the knuckle-draggers who can't figure it out for themselves? Keep it classy and go back to avatars as the default, I say.

Where do we vote?

My room count has been at an all time low this month. I've hardly had any new members come in and my room is normally just my regulars now. It also looks like a lot of other rooms have been kind of slow as well, so I'm unsure if this has to do with the room previews being the default now or if it's just a slow month. Either way, I would definitely vote on them bringing back the avatars as the default.

That is exactly what I was worried about as for girls like me who do not masturbate in the public room, it kinda screws us over! also the conversation bit, most of my short (5 month) camming career has been entirely based on me chatting shit and making people laugh!

I registered on chaturbate yesterday just to see what that place was like for a week alongside my MFC although from what I can see, that site is waaaay more sex orientated! I hardly know where to look when I look on to the home page haha

I registered on chaturbate yesterday just to see what that place was like for a week alongside my MFC although from what I can see, that site is waaaay more sex orientated! I hardly know where to look when I look on to the home page haha
If you don't enjoy MFC making room previews default on the homepage, the last place you would want to go is Chaturbate, as that's all they show AND the most popular rooms are prioritized so the most hardcore stuff goes to the top of the homepage.

I talked to one of my favorite models about this last night (are we allowed to name our favorite models here?), and she says the new default preview has hurt her business. She does a non-standard show that is more (mind-blowingly) erotic than graphic, and she doesn't do sex acts in public. It seems like she's going to be a casualty of this change unless she conforms to the standard, graphic format.

MFC is in danger of losing its reputation for being the classiest of the cam sites.

I hate the default was changed to previews instead of avatars. So definitely changed that back real quick.

Kind of defeats the purpose of an avatar I think. If I like what I see on the avatar, I'll hover over for a room preview. I don't want to see 30-40 room previews at once bogging things down.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
I’ve def noticed a drop too. I do a lot of chatting in the beginning of my cam time, and “mid talking face” isn’t cute haha.

I also agree that the page of previews is super overwhelming, it’s just an ugly sea of stop motion and my eyes can’t focus on one thing

Reactions: Mara_Jayne
As a nude but non-explicit model in public chat, I agree with all the cam girls here - my room count has dropped by at least a third to sometimes half what it normally is this month while clothed or in lingerie. Jumps quite a bit but only when naked and the added members hardly ever talk or contribute with tokens and leave as soon as I'm covered up again. It's much harder to get new faces in my room, more PM viewers lately, and meeting goals has been pretty darn difficult. I too rely heavily on my personality and artistic side to entertain members most of the time, so the previews really put a damper on things.

I can chalk some of this up to general January slowness, but honestly my room counts nose dived the day they changed the default on the homepage.

As a girl who used to only cam on CB for a year and a half, the previews are a big part of why I left. After a while I could not compete with the hardcore rooms or the sexy tease rooms. I'm in between and more chatty and free-spirited than anything. This has worked very well on MFC - not so much on CB. Now I feel like I'll have to totally change the way I cam to be able to stay relevant, which really sucks. I think the more in-bewteen sexy and chill style rooms are a big part of MFC and changing that dynamic takes away what made MFC different than other cam sites.

i understand the idea of wanting to show what the model looks like in real time, not just in the most flattering photos and angles.

but... it really sucks for models who don't like to just hang out naked or topless in free chat. i hate it lol

I also agree that the page of previews is super overwhelming, it’s just an ugly sea of stop motion and my eyes can’t focus on one thing
Yeah - I trimmed the default FPS wayyyy down. I like to see what's going on in a room ... ironically because I prefer a clothed model who knows how to chat and how to "tease", so I'm actively looking for "not explicit".

Luckily I never need to pay attention to the homepage but avatars all day long I have a feeling that it's nothing more than a sea of vagina now which kind of takes away some of the mystery

I saw a definite drop as well but in the past week it has come back up so I couldn't tell you if they low number is because preview or avatar. I think a bigger sample size would be best before making quick judgments. It may just be an agonizingly slow month

Status
Not open for further replies.