AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC traffic and time zones???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2018
ive been camming on mfc for about a week now and i feel like im doing ok as a beginner but still have a lot to learn however I did notice the traffic dropping a LOT! I was told that the end of January is extremely slow for everyone and many models chose not to cam at all at this time but I dont want to stop now as i have just started and dont want to lose the viewers/tippers I have gained so far. I guess I would like to know if anyone has some advice on certain timezones to go by and what time are the most likely to get busy?
Maybe there are some tricks to bring peoples attention to my room?
I have a full time job outside of camming so my hours are a bit limited :/
I tend to stay somewhat clothed in public room and keep my nude shows for private I find it keeps viewers interested...
Can anyone let me know what i should be doing differently? Or if it is just the end of january dry spell..?
Thank u so much xxx

I work on CB, so my advice may not be as accurate as those who have been on MFC. This is just my experience, and I'm sure someone's had the opposite too but... From everything I've heard it's a lot less about when you get online, but about being consistent. With CB I don't have to worry about camscore, so even on slow shifts, I still finish them out. If I were on MFC I would most likely start my shifts at the same time, but then hop offline if things were slow afterwards.

The one consistent difference that I've seen in when I get online has less to do with money and earning potential but with what kinds of people are online, and what kinds of shows they're looking for. Any weekday before around 4PM is typically people at work, looking for quick, hella explicit shows. They won't want to talk much, and pretty much want you to be half-naked as soon as you get online. They also tend to request clips more, it seems. They're also ruder, in my experience. I kind of hate day shifts.

After 5PM on weeknights you get the guys who have come home from work (or college), and want to hang out, relax, talk, have fun, be entertained--almost like watching TV. There's a lot more interaction with this group and I feel like they're usually nicer. Once it gets past 11 or so, though, it gets to shift back towards day shift--these people just want to watch and get off quick. Maybe with a bit more interaction than day shift, but less than the earlier evening.

Saturdays and Sundays are a crapshoot. You get your nice, "just got off work" guys. You get trolls who are pissed they're not going out that night. You get people who never have time to watch cams any other time and may seem a bit unaware of how things work. And you might also get people who were just paid--so whale tippers may or may not come. Honestly, hard to know, and hard to expect. I've heard MFC has more whales though, so maybe that's different there.

So if I were you, I would have separate tip menus and goals based on when I was camming. Camming earlier? Maybe set a cumshow goal right out of the gate, and wear lingerie. Camming in the evening? Make them tip to get you naked, and ease your way into a cumshow goal (or not--there are nights I don't do cumshows cause I just don't feel like it). Basically, in my experience, earlier = more explicit. Later = less explicit. Super late = more explicit.

I work on CB, so my advice may not be as accurate as those who have been on MFC. This is just my experience, and I'm sure someone's had the opposite too but... From everything I've heard it's a lot less about when you get online, but about being consistent. With CB I don't have to worry about camscore, so even on slow shifts, I still finish them out. If I were on MFC I would most likely start my shifts at the same time, but then hop offline if things were slow afterwards.

The one consistent difference that I've seen in when I get online has less to do with money and earning potential but with what kinds of people are online, and what kinds of shows they're looking for. Any weekday before around 4PM is typically people at work, looking for quick, hella explicit shows. They won't want to talk much, and pretty much want you to be half-naked as soon as you get online. They also tend to request clips more, it seems. They're also ruder, in my experience. I kind of hate day shifts.

After 5PM on weeknights you get the guys who have come home from work (or college), and want to hang out, relax, talk, have fun, be entertained--almost like watching TV. There's a lot more interaction with this group and I feel like they're usually nicer. Once it gets past 11 or so, though, it gets to shift back towards day shift--these people just want to watch and get off quick. Maybe with a bit more interaction than day shift, but less than the earlier evening.

Saturdays and Sundays are a crapshoot. You get your nice, "just got off work" guys. You get trolls who are pissed they're not going out that night. You get people who never have time to watch cams any other time and may seem a bit unaware of how things work. And you might also get people who were just paid--so whale tippers may or may not come. Honestly, hard to know, and hard to expect. I've heard MFC has more whales though, so maybe that's different there.

So if I were you, I would have separate tip menus and goals based on when I was camming. Camming earlier? Maybe set a cumshow goal right out of the gate, and wear lingerie. Camming in the evening? Make them tip to get you naked, and ease your way into a cumshow goal (or not--there are nights I don't do cumshows cause I just don't feel like it). Basically, in my experience, earlier = more explicit. Later = less explicit. Super late = more explicit.
Those are really good tips, thanks! I just wonder where im getting most of my viewers from, so i know the timezone to go by, like if they are coming from the US that is way different to EU times lol... is there anyway i could know that??
And what do u mean by whale tippers?
Sorry for all the questions :shame:

Those are really good tips, thanks! I just wonder where im getting most of my viewers from, so i know the timezone to go by, like if they are coming from the US that is way different to EU times lol... is there anyway i could know that??
And what do u mean by whale tippers?
Sorry for all the questions :shame:

I once saw a country/flag counter on a model's profile page. I don't remember who, so I can't tell you exactly what it was, but it looked very similar to this:

https://s11.flagcounter.com/index.html

"Whale" tippers are tippers who spend a lot of money on you. :)

Reactions: HavanaHoneyy
From my experience most of the ...tippers are from US and Western Europe. You have to check the difference between your country hour and the hours from US (west and est coast) and WE (Germany/France,etc) , how many hours are behind you and depends when is the highest traffic. Im not sure if i explained well , Im better with drawings.
But for exemple, Im from Eastern Europe and I saw that MFC highest traffic is between 4 am -12 pm my local hour , where in the US is 18 pm/21pm and WE is 2am, so between my local hour and US is 7h/10 h difference behind and between my local hour and WE is 2 h difference behind. Is just an exemple.

Status
Not open for further replies.