AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@UncleThursday you are acting like no one else here knows anything about twitch, youtube, how to make videos or how to make a success of themselves over the internet. There are plenty of girls on this forum who use all of these platforms and are aware of how they work. You say someone would have to quit their job to treat their online platform as a job. That is just not true. A lot of camgirls have a day job when they start camming, it doesn't mean they can't set regular hours to come on and treat it professionally. If you want to be a youtube or twitch streamer you don't necessarily have to dedicate 8 hours a day every day, but you would need to be consistent. And just like with camming, you can buy the equipment and think you're doing everything right and still not be selling something anyone is interested in. Maybe this is just bad luck, or maybe your channel or camroom is just not that interesting. There is a reason why lots of camgirls improve after coming to this forum and learning to try out new things, often lack of success is something you are doing wrong. Or you just don't have the right "look".

Think of acting and television, how many people try to become actors and fail? Does that mean that it isn't a professional job that people study and work towards? Nope. Does it mean they shouldn't expect to earn from their work? Nope. It means they will be aware that they may not succeed, but the aim is still to do well. Youtube and twitch are only different in the sense that any jack and harry can have a go from the comfort of their own home, so the failure rate is higher.

What I am getting from your posts is that you believe we should expect to fail and not make any money. Even that we should treat it as a hobby, and any expectation or drive to make an income from it is ridiculous and self entitled.

I am also getting from your posts that you seem to feel that us aiming towards trying to make an income means we are unaware that it will take time and work and may not work out. We are all professional camgirls, many of us who have tried new sites and have accepted losses in earnings for time before. We know that this site may not make us money, we know that it will be different to MFC. But that doesn't change the fact that if it works out it could be a great place to have more laid back camming sessions that aren't focused on nudity, but that we're still earning an income. Why is this so difficult for some members to get their heads around?
I am aware that if I popped over to cammunity for a chilled session that I wouldn't be making as much as if I had lots on my tip menu for spanks and flashes etc. But I am also aware that I have regulars who don't tip for those things and would probably tip me on this site.

I am sorry that you haven't had success on youtube and twitch, really I am. But your posts are coming out like you are personally angry at models for thinking they can move to a non nude site and have success because you haven't. We are talking about a completely different site, and you are talking to women who are already making their living from social media and doing live chat.
You might as well have said to ClaraKitty when she moved from youtube and twitch to MFC that she wouldn't have success because she doesn't understand that type of camming. But look at that, she walked in and her years of streaming and building a fanbase did successfully translate to MFC.
You could be someone telling Kickaz or one of the other successful non nude models when she started out and had a lower camscore that she couldn't ever make it without doing obvious nudity and cumshows. I am sure there were people who did. But myfreecams does have a market for non nude models, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think that models will be able to use the non nude site and make an income from it.

Right now I see a few girls on Cammunity doing what people do on Twitch, play games and showing their faces in some corner of the screen. However, if anyone is aware of Twitch, why would he bother watching these girls on Cammunity? Twitch has true HD with much higher stream quality. There are lots of good looking Twitch streamers with great equipment who are good gamers to boot. The entire Twitch platform is designed to stream games. Unless you are super popular already on MFC, I would recommend girls don't try to replicate Twitch on Cammunity.

You might as well say "Why would you use streamate when you have myfreecams?". Twitch is very successful, so why not have similar sites?

Reasons you might go to watch gaming on cammunity and not twitch- Over 18 members and basically no trolls, cam models playing games, cam models that you might actually be able to see naked when they move to the main site, more emphasis on the public chat, you can watch your favourite camgirl chilling and playing games, and can even game with her like some people do on twitch. If you're already a member of MFC you don't need to move to a new site.
Personally I much prefer the layout of cammunity than twitch and find it easier to navigate.

I don't know if you're aware, but I have seen girls on MFC already doing this so this isn't entirely new. There are plenty of camsites which have girls who play games in their underwear and get paid for it. It's not some crazy, revolutionary idea that is doomed to fail. It is already happening and has been for years. Now there is just a platform where girls can do this without worrying about fucking up their placement on the main site but can easily bring their current following. It's brilliant.

I have considered twitch, but the only reason being is I'd like somewhere to hang out with my regulars while I play games and make a bit of income. But I didn't feel I wanted to move to the platform, and I didn't have the time to move from MFC to work towards actually making an income on twitch, as on twitch I am pretty sure you can't just start being tipped by members immediately. And I don't play enough games as a general rule to build up a following on twitch, while on cammunity everything would be set up if I wanted to get in a few hours of gaming and could hang out with friends at the same time.

If I were you, I would not "recommend" girls do anything that limits their creative vision. You do not know what they can do or why they're doing it, if you don't want to watch then that's all good, just move on. But some people do want to watch, at this point we have no idea how many. It is not really any of your business to instruct camgirls on what they can and cannot do.

My eyes hurt from stumbling thru the novella so I will try to keep it short. I know several girls that have always said they wished they could just hang out after shows to chill for awhile with her guys. That is finally possible.
I see the new site as a way to make lots of $$ if you have a good "A" game to bring. Does anyone remember the oft controversial, primarily NN for several years, gal called Olivia? $$$$ creativity by the truck load.
I also think that the site's not for everyone. I heard the other day that "many models aren't terribly creative and sit there naked with tits out & put things in their kitty to make tokens."
Add in the phone appendage in the hand and I find this to be pretty much true.
Unless you have a big following of 'just because tippers' to bring with you to Cammunity, its time to up your game if you wanna make the $ that's available.

Just my 2 centavos.....

ya- Im pretty creative just not interactive creative
sitting and sculpting gained a few lurkers but absolutely no one that wanted to talk

a cpl members and models here visited tho :)

I seriously wondered if I'd get flagged because I primarily sculpt nudes...lol

ya- Im pretty creative just not interactive creative
sitting and sculpting gained a few lurkers but absolutely no one that wanted to talk

a cpl members and models here visited tho :)

I seriously wondered if I'd get flagged because I primarily sculpt nudes...lol
Pretty much, it's pretty useless to be creative when it goes unappriciated - yt videas at least would garner you some views.

Next up: "Battle Of The Novellas" ..... Stay Tuned ! :haha: :haha: :bag:

What is exciting to me is that finally there will be a platform where girls that have been putting in the hours (6 years for me) will be able to transition to/augment with, something more softcore and not lose our core audience.
Exactly!! I'm finishing up year 8 here and the burnout tickles my toes pretty frequently. I haven't succumbed to it yet, but this site could help stretch my camming life a few more years. I don't know if I could continue the daily topless/panties off/dildo show counts daily. I do hope those who have enjoyed my company without nudity will chip in while I'm at Cammu.

I don't know what about your post JJTP found poo-worthy, by the way... :drunk:

The catch 22, though, is one can't treat YouTube or Twitch like a job unless they're already making enough money from those platforms to make it their job.

Someone could go out and build a great PC, get a great camera, lighting, semi-professional mic, mixing board etc., maybe even build a streaming PC, too. Then they quit their job and decide to turn Twitch or YouTube into their job. And what happens? Unless something happens to make them an instant overnight success, which we all know is about a 1 in a billion chance, they quickly will burn through whatever money they have left and have to go get another normal job.

So until one is making enough from one or both of those platforms to turn it into their job, treating it like a job doesn't make it one, nor earn them enough to live off of. One can spend 40+ hours streaming or making videos per week, but if it's not making them any money, is it their job?

Both YouTube and Twitch have a discoverability problem, too. Essentially, the most popular people on those sites constantly get the views, because the sites are set up to ensure they get those views. Twitch puts the channels with the most viewers at the top, so new viewers gravitate there, and almost never scroll down. YouTube constantly puts their top channels in recommended videos side bars and on the home page, so they get more views. So even if someone tries making them their job, puts in the time and effort, the chance of that ever paying out is slim to none. Someone starting out at 0 views on a channel, no matter how much like a job they treat it, will most likely never be able to make any money from it. One could argue this is similar to MFC, where the top camscore models keep attracting viewers, while lower camscore and new models rarely see any growth.

On Twitch and Youtube it's the top less than 1% that can make them their livings. They got started early, got lucky in gaining popularity, and eventually were able to make these platforms their earnings source-- practically nobody was able to just jump in and turn them into their jobs. Both platforms are saturated with millions of content creators, now. Anyone trying to get into them as a main earning source at this point has a worse than snowball's chance in hell of being able to turn them into their income sources, no matter how much like a job they treat them; the platforms, themselves, actively work against them.

It is lifetime, and it isn't cropped out. It says 2007-2017, but I didn't start ads on videos until late 2011. Again, ad rates pay different, and current CPM is pitiful after the Adpocalypse. A little over 1000 views and almost 3000 minutes of watch time in 28 days has seen me earn 37 cents. Considering I'm a small channel, with only 213 subs, getting that many views in a month is actually considered decent. My channel has over 96k video views, which is actually quite good considering how few subs I have. But besides just CPM, there are other things that go into it.

Ad blockers make Google and the uploader nothing. If people skip ads by clicking skip ad, Google makes its ad impression money, but the video maker makes none. The length of the ad makes it pay more or less-- the normal 15-30 second ads pay the least, while those 5+ minute ads pay more if people watch them, which is rare. Who the ad is from determines CPM on the ad... so say Coke vs someone's ETSY shop; the Coke ad pays way more CPM than the ETSY shop ad. Dealing with ContentID claims hurts revenue, and until the recent change even if a ContentID claim was won by the video uploader, the person/entity claiming the video still got to keep any ad revenue made during the claim process. This, of course, led to tons of scamming of the ContentID system to make money. Video relevance is part of it, as videos lose their relevancy very quickly; most videos will make over 90% of any ad revenue in the first 7 days of it being uploaded. Google has been secretly demonetizing videos for a few years, and only recently came out in public about it. Etc.

So you making $10 per 1000 views is an anomaly, not the norm. You probably had very good luck on what ads were placed on your videos, few people using ad blockers, and people sat through the entirety of the ads. My highest ad revenue video has made just $12.04 in ad revenue on 16,945 views... so you can see that it isn't even making $1 per 1000 views. It's closer to 71 cents per 1000 views.

It ends up being way more complicated than just views and having ads on videos. YouTube Red is also a thing, but that is pitiful in payout because it is based solely on watch time, which benefits longer videos if the Red subs watch them for their entirety, but hurts shorter videos. Now, if they did it like Amazon with Twitch Prime (linking Amazon Prime to your Twitch account), where you see no ads, but the streamers gets the full ad impression payout (if they are partnered), it would be a lot better. But Google would lose a lot of money with that, since even non partnered Twitch channels have ads on them, but the streamers earn nothing from them, while Google doesn't force ads on every video on YouTube.

And please don't try to make it sound like I haven't put work into my own stuff. Until you have done the hundreds of hours of recording footage, even longer editing them, plus the writing on the non-livestreamed videos, you don't know how much effort I've put into my videos, in addition to working over 40 hours a week at my job and the buying of equipment and editing software (I'm not using iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, thanks). There is a ton of luck involved in getting videos seen. Some of it is being able to consistently put videos out, yes; but not all of us are afforded that luxury.

And with my heart surgery on Tuesday, being able to make videos/livestream is going to have to be put on hiatus, just like it was after both heart attacks and congestive heart failure incidents over the past few years. Like I said, some of us aren't afforded the luxury of the time to be able to make our content.

You can treat anything you want as a job. There's no rules on what people can treat like a job or not. It may not pay, but you can still have the attitude about them like any other job.

Now yes if you go out on a limb and go into something, anything, where the pay is not guaranteed that's of course risky. That's a no duh. Your logic though is flawed because many people do go out on that limb and it's a good thing. Many businesses have been built that way. Many more fail too. For either one though it was still a job and work for them. That's semantics though and as stupid of a thing to argue about just like arguing about CM not advertising itself as a job.

Just like with other businesses too it's hard to get noticed. You have to do something to get recognized, get your name out there, and gain some sort of traction. Already established places have that stuff and you have to work to get into the same boat as them. Name recognition is important. We all know this. It's nothing new. It's not just about getting in early, having luck, etc. People and businesses put in the work to get to where they are and it's a multitude of factors.

Yeah sorry with everything you wrote I missed where it said lifetime above it. Duh to me.

Many things do effect CPM. Yes people skip ads, turn them off, etc. I look at them as freeloaders just like in a cam room. There's always going to be freeloaders. There's also a ton of other things that go into it. All the info is available to anyone who cares to look into it. The location of the viewer, who it's from, is it targeted to your channel, and so on. This is all freely available and can be research to help people who care to be on YT and take advantage of. The copyright claims have been fixed luckily too. The demonetization though wasn't a secret. You can check your videos and see if they are. It's up to you to do as the content creator. You also have rules to follow on YT that have been there. Again just like on cam it's up to you to follow those rules. For a long ass time people were ignoring them but then YT cracked down. They had to after complaints from advertisers. Only then did people try to pretend rules had changed right then when in fact they hadn't. It was blown out of proportion greatly by YTers when in reality it was their own fault. Just like with a lot of the contentid claims. Sorry but you upload Zelda stuff and technically Nintendo has every right to copyright your stuff. It's their property, not yours. They have a right to say you can't make money off of their material. It's a risk and a situation you put yourself in. That's only on you. I think YT should notify people when they demonetize something, but hey it's their business and they can run it how they want. They put the burden on the creators and they can when it's freelance work only.

My channel being as successful as it was many be an anomaly but it does prove it can be done. I didn't just have luck...I did the work. I did the research, I put in what time I could, I knew how to do it before I started from free info out there anyone can find. I can say though my YT red stuff was shit. Not many people have it though anyway. It's kinda moot to me and a non factor.

I will say I'm sorry if I came off as I thought you don't put in the work. I wan't intentionally being rude to you. Obviously I don't know your channel or anything beyond what you shared of course. By that comment I was more speaking of work overall. If you do it, it can be done. Just like with camgirls you can hop on and be there but it takes more work than just sitting there. On YT if you just upload a video and do nothing else you're not gonna go anywhere there. By work I mean the many things that go into even possibly being successful. The equipment, the time, editing, advertising, etc. All of it matters. And yes if people could do all of that a lot more would be more successful. Obviously though we all do have actual lives, other jobs, families, friends, 8 cats and a rabbit, and so on. I'm sure you do put in a lot of time and work and effort on yours though. Just like I did and do, so I know what it takes. I also don't use and free programs to edit, and I have my own equipment as well. I just had to update my computer actually because it finally died on me. Before that it would take overnight just to save a 10 min video after even basic editing. I do know how this all works thank you.

I ask you though not to assume what luxuries I do and do not have. You don't know me any more than I know you. I don't have a lot of luxury time to do shit all actually, not that it matters. But when you want something many people make time for things and plans for it. That's all I did. I used my free time very wisely and multi tasking was my best friend. YT for me was added on, not supplemented for anything else.

All that said and as much as we disagree I really wish you the best of luck next week with the surgery. Holy fuck man I can't even imagine. My heart does go out to you and I hope you come out swimmingly from it.

Hey there, I've been brought here on forum from twitter posts about this bran new website and I've been curious what is all about and what people think about it. Maybe my opinion doesn't matter or count to much here but I would like to say that MFC did a big step! It's all about time to see if this step was benefic ( for everyone - actual models, new models, even members ) or it was just a big epic fail.

I have read all 10 pages over here, and as I expected there are many pro & con. I, personaly, wouldn't compare a new beta-website with other website, like Twitch or Ytube, wich over the time, they defined the utility and purpose. Cammunity beeing at the very begining, all we have to wait for a purposefulness of rules and exceptions. And ofc any feedback would be very appreciated, if sent directly to MFC.

Right in this moment, I considerate that Cammu is a great friendly place for talk & hang-out like the official announcement say's : " Hangout site for the camming community". Think is like an another social website were you can talk about anything but non-sexual contents. Besides, on MFC (or any cam-site) if you talk to much, or do random/normal stuffs you are to "boring", and can't blame since those purpose are for adult-entertaiment (specially sexual).

So, if happends to get bored in my free time and don't stress about anything (camscore,goals,sexual questions), and don't care much about the tokens, just hang with friends, or make new friends, get new opinions, show people my creativity or else, I would certainly log-in to Cammu.
If I'm in the mood for kinky stuffs I'll got to MFC or else. Is everyone choice about what to do and what not to do.
No one is forced to do, to listen, to see or to pay.

I would like to add: GOD DAMN IT! :x I LIKE THE EASY-WAY OF PROFILE CUSTOMIZATION! Would be damn great if add it on MFC too :(

Last edited:
I think YT should notify people when they demonetize something, but hey it's their business and they can run it how they want. They put the burden on the creators and they can when it's freelance work only.

I got an email about my one video that got demonitized, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was. It's a video where I compare a Nars Blush to the ELF Blush that's supposed to be a dupe for the shade. At first I thought it might be because I used the word "dupe", but when I was listening to Rob Dyke actually explaining the types of content that were being demonitized, it dawned on me that it was because the blush shade is called "Deep Throat", so the video got automatically flagged as inappropriate for having that in the title and description. I have since removed "Deep Throat" from the title and description, and submitted an appeal, but they haven't reinstated monetization.

Is it silly? Very. Am I mad? Not really, I've worked on camsites with stricter rules.

I would like to add: GOD DAMN IT! :x I LIKE THE EASY-WAY OF PROFILE CUSTOMIZATION! Would be damn great if add it on MFC too :(

Right? I hope they implement it sooner rather than later.

So I'm wishing this part of the Cammunity rules: "People other than registered Cammers may not appear directly on cam close-up where they could be identified." was a bit less vague, but I'll be guinea piggin' it up when it comes to that one in particular this weekend if everything goes as planned.

I want my friend to come over, roast some hotdogs & s'mores with me, but off cam (because I'll be hanging out by the fire on cam obviously), but I was worried about her voice being overheard because she ain't gonna sit there silently. It's nice to know I can have her hangout, off cam, if I ever want to.

• Helpful!
Reactions: NataliaGrey
Here's an example of how I am using Cammunity today.

Usually on Thursdays I do an afternoon show on MFC. But for at least a couple hours before that, I play Rust because my server resets every Thurs at 11am. Getting an early start in that game is important. So today, instead of just playing then getting on MFC when I'm set up on Rust, I'll actually do my initial game play and set up ON CAMMUNITY*. This way my friends can chat with me and see what I'm up to, and if they enjoy it can tip a few tokens that will ultimately go to my whole day's token goal.

I'll eventually log on to MFC and do some topless and sexy stuff, but my premise on Cammu won't be just to advertise that. It will be stated verbally in chat but not advertised in topic or anything of the sort.

*edit to add: I even have xsplit set up with a greenscreen and video overlay like you'd see on Twitch. :)

I got an email about my one video that got demonitized, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was. It's a video where I compare a Nars Blush to the ELF Blush that's supposed to be a dupe for the shade. At first I thought it might be because I used the word "dupe", but when I was listening to Rob Dyke actually explaining the types of content that were being demonitized, it dawned on me that it was because the blush shade is called "Deep Throat", so the video got automatically flagged as inappropriate for having that in the title and description. I have since removed "Deep Throat" from the title and description, and submitted an appeal, but they haven't reinstated monetization.

Is it silly? Very. Am I mad? Not really, I've worked on camsites with stricter rules.

I'm glad they at least notify people now. Seems like it got caught up in the sweep. Very annoying since, like CB, they are slow on the responses.

I don't know what about your post JJTP found poo-worthy, by the way... :drunk:
It was this part pretty much...
You do realize you're talking to ...camgirls, right? I'm pretty sure most of us ARE AWARE OF HOW MANY HOURS IT TAKES TO MAKE VIDEOS omg lol. Not to mention editing software, education, lighting, cameras, fast computers. Basically your entire post could have been edited to "camgirls" instead of streamers and remained identical.
The part she was responding to, cherry-picked from the voluminous works of UncleThursday, was his rebuttal to a perceived slight from @Teagan.

Now I don't really have a dog in this fight. Just a spectator enjoying the intellectual exchange, picking up whatever scraps of knowledge I can from all sides. And in this battle of viewpoints, @Tesla injecting "ALLCAPS ALLCAPS ALLCAPS CAMGIRLS omg lol" stuck out like a sore thumb, coming across as both bad and trollish.

I also took issue with her blanket assertion that "camgirl" = "understands the ins and outs of video production". That may be true for many, or even the majority in this forum, but then, this place is littered with true professionals. But I have edited a handful of videos for models that were completely clueless about such things; shall I now announce "camgirl" = "too ignorant to know how to get a video under 4 gig" ? Of course not. But that had nothing to do with the poo rating, just a secondary observation.
In fact it was so undeserved that I'm removing it.
Maybe upon reflection I would eventually agree. At this point I don't.

I could have elaborated on why I suppose, as opposed to just clicking the poo; but given that @UncleThursday , @Teagan , and @IsabellaSnow were all busy burning through keyboards like mad, it hardly seemed like the time.

I see the new site as a way to make lots of $$ if you have a good "A" game to bring. Does anyone remember the oft controversial, primarily NN for several years, gal called Olivia? $$$$ creativity by the truck load.
Thought about her while poking around on the new site the other day. Her, Magnolia Snow, and Alice Biscuit. Would a handful of stellar entertainers be enough to make the site a success? I have no idea.

The site is new, and who can say where it is going. What I saw the other day did not lend itself to optimism about the fate of cammunity though. A model doing a voyeur type show while doing housework; another trying to run a show like she does on mfc, stripped of its nsfw elements; three or four others just sitting there...

For the models that want to see this succeed, I don't really see that as entitled or anything like that. If they can make it work for them, great. No harm. As a member though, I don't really see the appeal.

Never knew that skipping after five seconds was detrimental to the uploader. Ignorance was bliss. Going to feel like a douchebag now when I do it.

Knew full well how behind the times Nintendo is in many regards. Certain policies and the way they handle online gaming in general are just obnoxious and inexcusable.

It was this part pretty much...

The part she was responding to, cherry-picked from the voluminous works of UncleThursday, was his rebuttal to a perceived slight from @Teagan.

It was cherry picked because I didn't want to repost the entire dissertation. On a forum built by a model, where models dedicate hundreds of hours and years of expertise to gathering and sharing information on how to do our jobs better, it came across as highly insulting to say "you girls will never understand how hard it is to do all these hard things I'm doing" (that we have also mostly spent years doing). I'm sorry if my caps insulted anyone, I was laughing it was so ridiculous to assume our preparation for our job is to open our laptop and giggle. This job is not easy, we just make it look that way. And that's part of the problem trying to ever explain the intricacies to someone that will probably never be able to do it. It has to look effortless so the viewer is entertained, that's part of the job.

I hope by now some of the unfairness argument has faded, as it's clear Cammunity doesn't (and won't for a long time, probably) have the traffic MFC has, nor the appeal for guys that want to have 6+ rooms open at once, chatting with this one, watching that one strip, waiting for the other one's countdown to clear. Which is, I suspect, a very large number of members. I know for myself I have regs that will follow me to Cammu for a show and those that won't, preferring to stay on MFC where there is more to see.

Never knew that skipping after five seconds was detrimental to the uploader. Ignorance was bliss. Going to feel like a douchebag now when I do it.

Knew full well how behind the times Nintendo is in many regards. Certain policies and the way they handle online gaming in general are just obnoxious and inexcusable.

I just click the ad so it opens another windows then skip the ad and close the new window. It gives them more money, counts as interaction, and thus they get a chance at better ads and rates. It takes 5 seconds max and I like helping out content creators wherever I am.

Nintendo sucks though with copyright crap. They're like Disney. They protect their stuff like no tomorrow.

LMFAO fuck all the drama surrounding this. This shit is awesome and I'm going to ignore all the bullshit and use the site to my advantage as much as possible. I suggest other non-nudes do the same. This is exactly what we've needed for a long time.

Haters gonna hate and people are going throw their two cents in until they've spent a dollar. I'm going to get on cam here and use my energy to make every bit of this opportunity worthwhile. Fuck your drama and opinions about vanilla camming. Me and my regs are happy as FUCK.

It was cherry picked because I didn't want to repost the entire dissertation. On a forum built by a model, where models dedicate hundreds of hours and years of expertise to gathering and sharing information on how to do our jobs better, it came across as highly insulting to say "you girls will never understand how hard it is to do all these hard things I'm doing" (that we have also mostly spent years doing).
I didn't really see anything in @UncleThursday posts that rose to the level of "highly insulting". Or in @Teagan posts for that matter. Of course, I was reading it all from a pretty neutral point of view.

I find it amusing that the part that "highly" insulted you ("you will never understand how hard it is to do all these hard things I'm doing") was pretty much the identical objection @UncleThursday was making to @Teagan.

Also, I would see considerably more merit in your thoughts if you had gone with the label "ACF-er" instead of "camgirls". Language is so important.
I'm sorry if my caps insulted anyone
Speaking only for myself, I didn't think it was the least bit insulting. I think you do well to apologize for the caps though, considering we live in a world where likes/upvotes/post-ratings carry such grave emotional consequences.

Woe be unto them by whom offence cometh!
I was laughing it was so ridiculous to assume our preparation for our job is to open our laptop and giggle. This job is not easy, we just make it look that way. And that's part of the problem trying to ever explain the intricacies to someone that will probably never be able to do it. It has to look effortless so the viewer is entertained, that's part of the job.
I did not really get that from his posts. Entirely possible I misinterpreted the deluge of literature he and others foisted upon the community regarding this whole topic, but I am not about to go back and re-read it all just to double check.

1. Camgirls just turn on the computer, then sit there and giggle (or look bored) while waiting for people to give them money
  2. Camgirls are professionals who spend a great deal of time and effort to produce quality content
Both of these things are true imo. I have seen a lot of examples of the first; and as for the second, one needs look no further than your mfc profile to find a shining example of that.

What I viewed as your poor attempt at trolling was of little consequence to me emotionally. It did offer me a brief reprieve from the tedious nature of this long-winded thread though, and for that I am grateful.

Not so for the collectivist mentality on display as you spoke for this illusory "camgirls" entity. That part grieves me.

How much of your earnings do you re-distribute to the camgirls who phone it in, the ones who just log on and hope the aesthetic appeal of their sedentary mortal flesh alone is enough to garner a few nickels?

LMFAO fuck all the drama surrounding this. This shit is awesome and I'm going to ignore all the bullshit and use the site to my advantage as much as possible. I suggest other non-nudes do the same. This is exactly what we've needed for a long time.

Haters gonna hate and people are going throw their two cents in until they've spent a dollar. I'm going to get on cam here and use my energy to make every bit of this opportunity worthwhile. Fuck your drama and opinions about vanilla camming. Me and my regs are happy as FUCK.

Wo1D_f-maxage-0.gif

Can...can she do that? Is it even allowed?

While it's true that top twitch and youtube folks do treat it as a job, even among the top folks many still have a regular job.

Not the very top. YouTube/Twitch is how they make their money, then. Even those that people would consider successful often don't have normal jobs anymore, but they're normally also putting out 1-2 videos per day to keep their earning up.

I think part of Uncle Thursday frustration is he and probably other million other want to be Professional YouTubers did treat the job seriously spent a lot of time and some money trying to make it.

Nah. Honestly, I hate editing videos. I do it, but I hate it. Especially when I'm going through 6+ hours of footage for a 10 minute video. The process is just so time consuming and pretty mind numbing for those videos. Maybe it's be different if I was just in front of a camera, more VLOG style, since those don't require as much editing... but I'm not. It would be nice, however, to be able to make back the $50/month I spend on my editing suite (Adobe).

Because their favorite cam girl from MFC isn't on Twitch. Their girl is on camminity because it's much more convenient and has immediate potential to make a few bucks.

I don't care who it is, though, I'm not watching gameplay like this:

640x480:

Doom 06.22.2017 - 17.40.30.03.png

800x600:

Doom 06.22.2017 - 17.39.56.02.png

Honestly, I thought it would look worse.... but I am still on ultra settings.

But compared to this, it's unwatchable:

Doom 06.22.2017 - 17.41.04.04.png

Just like with other businesses too it's hard to get noticed. You have to do something to get recognized, get your name out there, and gain some sort of traction. Already established places have that stuff and you have to work to get into the same boat as them. Name recognition is important. We all know this. It's nothing new. It's not just about getting in early, having luck, etc. People and businesses put in the work to get to where they are and it's a multitude of factors.

There are multiple factors, yes. But the problem on YT and Twitch is exacerbated because the platforms actively funnel people to the already popular channels. At least if you open a brick and mortar storefront, it's not like the street opens up and swallows that building to keep other businesses more profitable.

The copyright claims have been fixed luckily too.

Partially fixed. It's better, but still open to abuses.

The demonetization though wasn't a secret. You can check your videos and see if they are. It's up to you to do as the content creator.

The issue was they were demonetizing much older videos, even on popular channels. Videos pages and pages back for many of the bigger channels. So it wasn't an issue many noticed because those videos had already made the lion's share of their money. It was actually a fluke when the first person noticed, and then tons of other channels went and looked and saw it happened to them, too.

Sorry but you upload Zelda stuff and technically Nintendo has every right to copyright your stuff. It's their property, not yours. They have a right to say you can't make money off of their material. It's a risk and a situation you put yourself in. That's only on you.

I don't complain about my livestreams of Nintendo games being demonetized. In fact, they missed one. My issue is when they go after videos that are very well covered under fair use, like reviews, clips in news videos, etc. Hell, even just putting in a single coin sound from Super Mario Bros. will get them to claim a video, despite the fact that that single sound, when used in the proper context, is definitely fair use. It's why you can rarely find any reviews of Nintendo products beyond IGN, or GameSpot's YT channels; because everyone else was so fed up with being copyright claimed, that they said fuck ever doing any Nintendo videos ever again. And their "creator partnership" is a joke. You either let them have a share of all your video's revenue, even the ones without any Nintendo stuff, and get 70%, or you do it per video and get 60%.

My channel being as successful as it was many be an anomaly but it does prove it can be done.

Lots of things can be done.I had sex with a hot 24 year old the other night; and you can see in my pic that I'm hardly Mr. Great Looking. I turn 43 next month, and I figure if my surgery goes bad... well, might as well get one last night of fun in. And if I can do that, anyone can. :rofl: (though, seriously, I was so out of breath when we were done I thought I might die driving home...)

I will say I'm sorry if I came off as I thought you don't put in the work. I wan't intentionally being rude to you.

But you can see how it sounded. Turning it around, it would be like saying the only reason the same few girls stay at the top on MFC is simply because the others don't put the work in. People in many areas can put the work in, but never see it come to fruition in a satisfying way.

I also don't use and free programs to edit, and I have my own equipment as well. I just had to update my computer actually because it finally died on me. Before that it would take overnight just to save a 10 min video after even basic editing. I do know how this all works thank you.[

My old computer was like that. then it died while I was in the hospital from my first heart attack, almost 3 years ago. With everything that happened, health wise, I wasn't able to afford this one until just over a year ago. This one can do 1080p 60fps 10 minute videos and export them in around 13 minutes. And it doesn't lock up if I try to do anything else.

All that said and as much as we disagree I really wish you the best of luck next week with the surgery. Holy fuck man I can't even imagine. My heart does go out to you and I hope you come out swimmingly from it.

I'll (most likely) live. I have far too many medical bills and taxes to pay for the universe to give me the release of death, yet. Honestly, I should have died 13 years ago; but the universe didn't let me get out of anything that easy.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
everyone just needs to chilllllll lol i dont understand the huge battle going on here

Just for what it's worth, I don't believe people are going to go to Cammu for hardcore gaming streams. I streamed for 3 hours today playing Rust, and I think people watching (had a good amount of viewers, of the 12-15 girls on I think I had the most populated room) could see very well what was happening in my game at my resolution, and I had a great real-time chat stream (the delay on Twitch can get irksome, if people are even talking because they don't know who the hell I am unlike my MFC friends).

But as I mentioned before, they weren't there for cutting edge game stream resolution, they were there because they know me, they like me, they appreciate being able to spend that extra time with me. I had like 30 people the entire time hanging out, I'd never have that on Twitch. And nevermind the fact I'd have to actually set up a paypal and donation link for people to even be able to chip in any $ to me on Twitch. I streamed on Twitch enough to know in the past that already Community is more convenient and full of people I kn ow and like, and the interface is obviously familiar which is totes great. And just wait until they actually try to get some traffic to it. Right now it's still only known by word of mouth within the cam girl community.

So keep arguing a moot point, I suppose. Cammunity isn't Twitch, it isn't trying to be. But it's a great alternative for people who are already familiar with and approved on MFC.

And we can make tokens there.

everyone just needs to chilllllll lol i dont understand the huge battle going on here
I really don't either. Somehow this turned into a "Well it isn't as good as Twitch so just go to Twitch" argument... I don't even.

Just for what it's worth, I don't believe people are going to go to Cammu for hardcore gaming streams. I streamed for 3 hours today playing Rust, and I think people watching (had a good amount of viewers, of the 12-15 girls on I think I had the most populated room) could see very well what was happening in my game at my resolution, and I had a great real-time chat stream (the delay on Twitch can get irksome, if people are even talking because they don't know who the hell I am unlike my MFC friends).

But as I mentioned before, they weren't there for cutting edge game stream resolution, they were there because they know me, they like me, they appreciate being able to spend that extra time with me. I had like 30 people the entire time hanging out, I'd never have that on Twitch. And nevermind the fact I'd have to actually set up a paypal and donation link for people to even be able to chip in any $ to me on Twitch. I streamed on Twitch enough to know in the past that already Community is more convenient and full of people I kn ow and like, and the interface is obviously familiar which is totes great. And just wait until they actually try to get some traffic to it. Right now it's still only known by word of mouth within the cam girl community.

So keep arguing a moot point, I suppose. Cammunity isn't Twitch, it isn't trying to be. But it's a great alternative for people who are already familiar with and approved on MFC.

And we can make tokens there.
Watched you for a few minutes. Quality wasn't bad enough to be a dealbreaker.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Watched you for a few minutes. Quality wasn't bad enough to be a dealbreaker.

Same here image quality didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed finding out about Rust. I hope it works out for the models who are excited about it. This is one of those things about skeptical about, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Not the very top. YouTube/Twitch is how they make their money, then. Even those that people would consider successful often don't have normal jobs anymore, but they're normally also putting out 1-2 videos per day to keep their earning up.

Nah. Honestly, I hate editing videos. I do it, but I hate it. Especially when I'm going through 6+ hours of footage for a 10 minute video. The process is just so time consuming and pretty mind numbing for those videos. Maybe it's be different if I was just in front of a camera, more VLOG style, since those don't require as much editing... but I'm not. It would be nice, however, to be able to make back the $50/month I spend on my editing suite (Adobe).

I don't care who it is, though, I'm not watching gameplay like this:

640x480:

View attachment 71206

800x600:

View attachment 71207

Honestly, I thought it would look worse.... but I am still on ultra settings.

But compared to this, it's unwatchable:

View attachment 71208

There are multiple factors, yes. But the problem on YT and Twitch is exacerbated because the platforms actively funnel people to the already popular channels. At least if you open a brick and mortar storefront, it's not like the street opens up and swallows that building to keep other businesses more profitable.

Partially fixed. It's better, but still open to abuses.

The issue was they were demonetizing much older videos, even on popular channels. Videos pages and pages back for many of the bigger channels. So it wasn't an issue many noticed because those videos had already made the lion's share of their money. It was actually a fluke when the first person noticed, and then tons of other channels went and looked and saw it happened to them, too.

I don't complain about my livestreams of Nintendo games being demonetized. In fact, they missed one. My issue is when they go after videos that are very well covered under fair use, like reviews, clips in news videos, etc. Hell, even just putting in a single coin sound from Super Mario Bros. will get them to claim a video, despite the fact that that single sound, when used in the proper context, is definitely fair use. It's why you can rarely find any reviews of Nintendo products beyond IGN, or GameSpot's YT channels; because everyone else was so fed up with being copyright claimed, that they said fuck ever doing any Nintendo videos ever again. And their "creator partnership" is a joke. You either let them have a share of all your video's revenue, even the ones without any Nintendo stuff, and get 70%, or you do it per video and get 60%.

Lots of things can be done.I had sex with a hot 24 year old the other night; and you can see in my pic that I'm hardly Mr. Great Looking. I turn 43 next month, and I figure if my surgery goes bad... well, might as well get one last night of fun in. And if I can do that, anyone can. :rofl: (though, seriously, I was so out of breath when we were done I thought I might die driving home...)

But you can see how it sounded. Turning it around, it would be like saying the only reason the same few girls stay at the top on MFC is simply because the others don't put the work in. People in many areas can put the work in, but never see it come to fruition in a satisfying way.

My old computer was like that. then it died while I was in the hospital from my first heart attack, almost 3 years ago. With everything that happened, health wise, I wasn't able to afford this one until just over a year ago. This one can do 1080p 60fps 10 minute videos and export them in around 13 minutes. And it doesn't lock up if I try to do anything else.

I'll (most likely) live. I have far too many medical bills and taxes to pay for the universe to give me the release of death, yet. Honestly, I should have died 13 years ago; but the universe didn't let me get out of anything that easy.

Yes YT does actively show off the already popular people as suggestions and recommended. It's harder to find stuff unless there's a direct search for a topic or the person.

The copyright is of course still open to abuses but that's an copyright. People and companies file a lot of bullshit ones. Nintendo is horrendous for it. I was watching one gaming channel who in their new video when the switch came out said they wouldn't even mention it or show a picture of it because every time they had they got a notice Nintendo was claiming the whole video. So they started ignoring Nintendo as a whole because they are just such assholes about it all. Mentioning or reviewing their crap is fair use like you said. It has to get frustrating for those channels to constantly fight off those claims from them.

Yes they were demonetizing new and older videos. My point though was you know what the rules are and if you're breaking them outright then that is on you still. YT says what shit not to do, though it's unclear in some instances or a fine line in others, but some of it was blatant rule breaking. YTers don't get to scream bullshit when they knew they rules, broke them, and only got caught later on instead of immediately. They should follow the rules from the get go is how I feel. It's like the CB people who come in screaming they got banned and turns out they were rule breaking. Their only excuse was they didn't know the rules, someone else does it, they had been doing it for a while, etc. Sorry but those aren't really valid. YT can not watch every video when it's uploaded immediately. That's just how it goes. The deal only got traction because some of the top broadcasters were complaining but honestly they had zero right to do so. We all know there is some shit advertisers want to advertise on and some they don't. YT doesn't control that. I didn't even know they had a creator partnership but those numbers are such bullshit. I definitely agree with you about all that.

All my channel proved was that despite everyone saying you can't break into YT, you can. Yes like many others things too lol. Mine was very new though and I didn't have the dedication to it you do for 5 years so who knows what would have happened for me in that time. If stuff like this is someones dream I say go for it though. Learn about it and go out and do it. It can be done.

I only said if you put in the work you can make payout there. I never said anything about you not putting in the work to begin with. I obviously wouldn't have that knowledge of your life or channel. I am sorry if it read as a slight about work ethic but it wasn't my intent or point. I simply talked about payout alone. I didn't say if you put in the work you'll be successful, in the top, make bank, or get famous automatically. Those are very separate from making the minimum payout amount. That's also separate from feeling satisfied or feeling like all your hard work has paid off too.

New computers are great though aren't they? My old one was 7 years old and already had 2 hard drives replaced on it. I could only do one thing at a time and it would take hours like I said. The one now I only have to maybe go shower and it'll be done saving a video before I am. And I can do whatever else on it while it's saving and not get lagged completely. Much better than they used to be made. You hang in there though. ho else is gonna have a civilized disagreement with me without resorting to tantrums or name calling? Not many lol.

Twitch and Youtube have a good 30+ seconds of delay from when someone says something to the people hearing it. It can be annoying. Mixer is about 2 seconds, which is much better, and if streamers use the lightspeed streaming, or whatever it is called, is gets down to 0.2 seconds, or near instantaneous.

My point is I can't watch the modern games at those lower resolutions. They feel squished and the text is beyond blurry and choppy. It hurts my eyes. Old NES/Sega Master System/SNES/Genesis/PS1/etc. games it's a little easier to deal with, because they were made at those resolutions. I even downloaded the old Jedi Knight games recently, and while blocky, they don't look horrible because they were meant to be in that resolution. Any modern game set to run below 720p becomes an eyesore, just like trying to stretch out old 480i games to 1080p is an eyesore.

The copyright is of course still open to abuses but that's an copyright. People and companies file a lot of bullshit ones. Nintendo is horrendous for it. I was watching one gaming channel who in their new video when the switch came out said they wouldn't even mention it or show a picture of it because every time they had they got a notice Nintendo was claiming the whole video. So they started ignoring Nintendo as a whole because they are just such assholes about it all. Mentioning or reviewing their crap is fair use like you said. It has to get frustrating for those channels to constantly fight off those claims from them.

That's why most gaming channels have completely boycotted Nintendo. Sega, too, since they pull the same shit.

New computers are great though aren't they? My old one was 7 years old and already had 2 hard drives replaced on it. I could only do one thing at a time and it would take hours like I said. The one now I only have to maybe go shower and it'll be done saving a video before I am. And I can do whatever else on it while it's saving and not get lagged completely. Much better than they used to be made. You hang in there though. ho else is gonna have a civilized disagreement with me without resorting to tantrums or name calling? Not many lol.

Mine was an early 2011 iMac. The hard drive fan blew, then the power supply blew out when my father and brother came over and decided to try and rearrange my room to make it easier on me while I was in the hospital, and unplugged it without turning it off. Finally saved up almost $3k with my tax return included and bought this one. 6 core i7, 64GB DDR4 RAM, 980 Ti... and then like 2 months later they announce the 1080. But since I'm only on a 1080p 144hz monitor, the 980 Ti will do me at least until the 1180 Ti gets released. Playing 1080p ultra with most games hitting 90+ fps, and Doom and the recent Quake Champions beta getting over 100fps on DirectX (I haven't tried Doom in Vulcan, yet) is so nice. I actually got the iMac repaired to move files, but, ironically, haven't even plugged it in to do that, yet.

And why you gotta call me a ho? :p

btw, I created a model's only thread so those of us that are going to work there can have a real discussion about the site. This thread has turned into nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.