AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have people talking about freeloaders on what is even being advertised to the models as a 'hangout/chill out site', well, you could have fooled me that some aren't expecting tips. The site isn't being advertised to models as another avenue of work; correct?

View attachment 71150

It says it right there. It's for models who just want to hang out with members. It also has the added benefit of being able to be tipped while hanging out. There's nothing in there that says it's another place to work and make money. In fact, according to the things Leo said about dress code, for lack of a better wording, and conduct on the site, many (not all) non-nude models wouldn't even do well there if they tried to turn that into their work. Many non-nude models still dress skimpy (string bikinis, underwear, extremely revealing tops/shorts but still not being nude), do sexy dances in those outfits, do wet t-shirt shows, etc. The top (mostly) non-nude model wouldn't be allowed to do her topics of hand bras, her sometimes topless groups, or her 5000 tokens before a topless true private (I did say she was mostly non nude). And she is in the top 50, now, and has over a 20k camscore. Even she couldn't transition to Cammunity and expect to make what she's making now, if she tried to do it as her work. The only non-nude models who could transition to Cammunity and still potentially make what they're making now are the ones who already do the whole PG-13 or under things now.

If the site was advertised to the models as another place to work, it would be different. But it isn't.

Yes, they can. But the site isn't advertised as a work site for models to make money. That's the key difference some are missing here.

Some of us do both. The difference is to which models we do these things for. I have a very select few models I tip just because (those I've known for 6 or so years, and have built up a rapport, mostly), and all the rest I'm tipping for something in return. Those are business transactions. That's how it works. If I am awake and come in your room when you're on (a rarity I'm awake that late anymore, since I'm an old fart), and I tip for a dice or card game or some other thing in your topic, that's still a business transaction. If I come in and do a tip with just a hi emote, that's a just because tip. If I tip with jokes in the tip notes, those are just because tips. That's the difference.

Again, it's not listed as a place to work. If models previously did hangout times on MFC, and didn't exactly care that it hurt their camscore, that was their choice. Now there is (will be when it actually launches, is probably better) an option to do that without the camscore drop. It becomes a win/win in those situations, especially if they get some tips while there. There's one model I could see moving exclusively there because she even puts in her topic never to tip her. She doesn't give a fuck about her camscore and just broadcasts while doing creative stuff on Twitch. It's a stretch to even call her a model anymore, since she actually hates getting tips, and her topics generally say go to Twitch to chat.

I don't have any reservations that some models will attempt to use it as a way to hustle for tips without the stress of lowering their camscore, and thus their placement on the MFC homepage. But unless they're Mary (CrazyM), Lovely Kitty, Bleu, and a select few others like maybe Nat (Loca_Loca_), they shouldn't be surprised if they don't get the hustle they think they will. But, again, it isn't being advertised to even models as a place to work and get their hustle on for those tokens. That's the key point that people are missing. If Leo changes his mind and starts telling models to use it as an alternative way to earn tokens, then that's different. As of now, though, he isn't..

On the working site, I agree. Again, Leo isn't forcing models to work on Cammunity. He isn't going to dock tokens or withhold paychecks for not using it. He may even provide incentives for using it early on. May. It's not like I know enough about Leo to fully grasp what goes on inside his head. But his comments so far don't bring any nefarious intentions.

You were still being paid for it. It was still a job. The Cammunity site isn't advertised as part of the job for models.

Take the flip side, though. Do you charge your real life friends to hang out with you?

Any model that is going to think of the hangout/chill site as part of the job should just stay on MFC. If they want to be tipped for their time, then that's part of the job... MFC is the job.

Do you also think every Twitch, Hitbox, or YouTube Gaming streamer should be getting paid for what they do on those sites? Do you also think every person who posts vids to YouTube should be getting paid for it?

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Do you show up the majority of the time like this? Do the majority of models show up the majority of their time on cam like this? Does every model make more the times they do show up like that?

Personally, I prefer a more natural look. I'm not saying no makeup at all, but makeup that looks more natural. I'm not into bright lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow. Even on my favorite models, I get turned off if they overdo the makeup. But there's still a difference between a more natural look and looking like you literally rolled out of bed and decided to show up. But, that's me. Everyone is different.

Again, the hangout site vs the work site. I don't go to work and just hang out. If I'm at work, I'm on the clock. So, if a model wants to be on the clock, that's what MFC is for. If she's bored, lonely, etc. and just wants to hang out, that's what Cammunity is/will be for. That difference is major. If the majority of models look at the hangout site as just another part of the job, then the site will be about as popular as Chatgasm, which had a whopping 3 models online when I looked at it yesterday. The models that want it to be extra income will quickly get turned off by it because that's not what it is going for, right now. They'll decide that if they're on cam, they should be trying to earning tokens, and just stay on MFC.

As much as we can sit here and hear models talk about how they love their regs and the great friendships they've gotten, we're still seeing the attitude of #FuckYouPayMe cropping up when talking about a site that isn't advertised as a working site.

There are some that think they can start making tons of money on YouTube and Twitch. And you know how extremely disappointed and jaded they become very quickly when they aren't making enough to quit their jobs overnight (OK, that's hyperbole, but even within a few months)? Well over 99% of them. Anyone who goes into YouTube or Twitch with the myth in their head that they can just start making money hand over fist, because a select few are making money hand over fist, are deluding themselves. Isn't this something we constantly see being brought up here, too? New models wondering why they aren't suddenly making the big bucks like they think they should be? Same thing.

Hoping to make money off it, and expecting to make money off it are two entirely different things. I upload to YouTube, and I monetize my videos, yes. But, I'm now going to show you exactly how much money that has earned me over the past 5 YEARS of doing so. Yes, I'm going to show you exactly how much money I've made on YouTube, and I don't expect to know exactly how much you've made camming, or any other model for that matter. It's a question that's been asked of YouTube people a lot, especially recently. Are you ready to be shocked? I hope so.

View attachment 71161

FUCK YES! I'M RICH!

Absolutely false. You may know of the few big names on YouTube or Twitch that make really good money, but percentage wise, they're the exception, not the rule. Some fun statistics:

Over 1.5 million people stream to Twitch each month. Out of those 1.5 million, less than 12,000 are eligible to earn ad revenue, get bits, and have subs. That's under 1% of all streamers.

Twitch has started rolling out a new affiliate program, that allows small streamers who average 3+ viewers to now get bits (think tips/tokens). The amount of streamers who can average even 3 viewers per stream is still well under 10% of all streamers. Go look at any game, and see how quickly the viewing numbers drop off to 0, and just how many sit there streaming with 0 viewers. This is especially true for really popular games like CS:GO, Overwatch, and League of Legends. There can be thousands of streamers of those games at any given time, and the amount of 0 viewer streams is the vast majority of those streamers.

Just because streamers have donation links doesn't mean they are getting donations. Being an attractive female streamer increases the likelihood of getting donations, especially the boobie streamers as they are known (cleavage shirts, booty shorts, dance/write on themselves for donations... essentially trying to be cam girls without being cam girls); but even the majority of them aren't making any money..

View attachment 71162

52.62% of YouTube videos have under 500 views. 62.05% have under 1000 views.

The majority of YouTube channels have under 1000 subscribers.

YouTube's ad payout is fairly low to YouTube uploaders, and is based on per 1000 views (CPM), with more if people actually click on those ads (and we all know how rare that is online). It's generally around $1 per 1000 views where the ad is played all the way through (no hitting of skip ad or using ad blockers). Certain ads pay more, certain ads pay less; and there can be times when ads pay a much bigger payout (around $3/1000 views) when those are paid promotions by those advertisers.

Would you like to change your definition of "many"? SOME Twitch streamers and YouTube video makers are making good money. But they're the VAST MINORITY of people on those sites. Not everyone uploading to YouTube is PewDiePie. Not everyone streaming on Twitch is Summit1G. The amount of people making enough on Twitch or YouTube to earn their livings off those sites in extremely small. The amount of people able to supplement their income on those sites is only slightly larger. Most will never make enough to get their first payout.

But let's turn this around and see the amount of disagreement that comes up:

"Many cam models get paid a really good amount of money!"

I'm pretty sure we all know the shitstorm that arises when that claim is made.

Again. Cammunity. Is. Not. The. Work. Site. If any model is looking at Cammunity as providing a service, then they're going into it with the wrong mindset.

Most of them aren't getting paid. If they're putting ads on their videos, they're like me, and can't expect that first massive $100 payout for another 10 years. And with YouTube's clamping down on videos allowed to be monetized, as well as the overall lower CPM after a bunch of advertisers left, it could take even longer, now. This isn't even counting the totally broken ContentID system and the abuses that arise from it that allow scammers to try and take what little ad revenue most videos get (and I'll count Nintendo among these, since their ContentID claim abuses with zero regard for fair use is notorious by now).

Same question: Do you charge your friends to hang out with you?

Wouldn't know anything about that. Nope. No 12 hour long Zelda: Breath of the Wild streams from me... don't know what you're talking about..

View attachment 71165

:wasntme:

So, I should expect donations on my Twitch/YouTube Gaming streams is what you're saying? I'm doing the same thing for my viewers, right? I'm also sat in an uncomfortable position, for hours on end. Should I also mention the $2500+ PC I built for recording and streaming, plus the new webcam, capture device, video editing software, etc., that I've done in the past year and few months? Or is it not really the same thing?

Depends on the model and the tipper. Go to Mary's room and watch the big tips fly. Half the time it's more of an epeen contest to show who can tip her more. Mary charges 5000 tokens before a true private, but regularly gets 10k tips without the member taking her private. I don't think she has videos for sale. It varies from model to model and tipper to tipper.

Go to any strip club. When you see guys throwing tons of money on stage, that isn't just because. It's a way to garner attention from the stripper. The hope is the stripper will come over and give attention to the big tipper. You can get the same on MFC, with those guys throwing around 1k+ tips willy nilly.

Business transactions.You don't expect models to just give away videos, do you? Should we expect models to just log on, get naked, and fuck themselves silly for 0 tips? This isn't a one way street, you know. Models expect compensation for whatever they're bringing. You can't then turn around and say members can't expect compensation for their money. We call that a double standard. If the member tips the price listed for something (flash, videos, etc.), then turns around and leaves the room before whatever countdown is done, that's fine. The business transaction has been completed successfully. The model has received payment, and the member has received whatever they tipped for (provided they get what they tipped for, which isn't always the case).

As we're seeing more models talking about freeloaders, and how they should be tipped for being on a hangout site... is it any wonder members have more skepticism?

I barely log onto MFC anymore. 1-2x every few weeks. My few favorite models and I talk over texts and other such, none of which I had to pay to get their numbers. They gave them to me, and it's not like I can afford to be uber-tipper. Cammunity, itself, interests me very little. I'd only ever consider going there, beyond checking it out yesterday, if my few favs were there and wanted me to see them on cam, live and just hang out with them. So, no, I'm not coming at this from the mindset of someone looking for entertainment. It has nothing to offer me, nor many other members (nor even models who want their boyfriends to join them on cam to hang out).

Judging from the talk I saw, yesterday, no, it isn't. Also, not even Harli could get her normal numbers while on there (she's normally a few hundred to over a thousand viewers at a time), and she made barely any tips there. And if a really popular model can't get the members to show up... then you know it's not for the majority of members.

Also, models are looking at it from a camscore/rank PoV, it seems. Some of them anyway. A way to raise camscore and rank, while not doing what they normally do (for the nude models). One even said she hates doing sexual things in this thread; to which I say "wrong line of work" (or at least she should have started out non-nude, not everyone can transition from nude to non-nude). It's like being a vegan and working in a slaughterhouse... wrong line of work.

With the expectation of being tipped on the non-work site. You said it yourself: if you're going to be on cam, you expect to get tips.

This completely contradicts what you said earlier:

You go from "then yes he should tip something" to "maybe earn a bit." Those are contradictory. The first expects the tip, the second is might earn some tips.

Voyeur fetish... sure, it's a thing. It's not massively popular, but it exists. Though I expect the inatratubez to explode if models couldn't show feet because to those foot fetish guys that is a sexual act. :rofl:

Like I said earlier in here, except for a very select few extremely popular high camscore models, I wouldn't expect anyone to really even get close to those types of countdowns. That fear is pretty much unjustified unless Mary does it.

That does make sense. And on the working site, that's fine. But I've already gone over the difference between the working site and the non-work site. Also, set your PMs to friends only, and charge for friend add, and you won't get guys randomly PMing you, unless they've paid for it.
Settle down Dostoyevski...

Tips on Cammu are treated as offline tips on MFC, thus adding to a model's token pool, thus improving her rank and camscore. There's no boost just for being LOGGED ON Cammunity.

This makes sense, but so far the discussion has been centered around individual models. I wonder if studios might not be able to gain more of an advantage over autonomous models with their own internal ability to "link" multiple rooms/accounts? If so, I can see the current implementation on Cammu being easily abused.

Reactions: Tesla
"1999 Log Into MFC Naked!" Goals like this just had to happen.

I wonder how MFC/Cammunity will deal with this, since now the rules have been published and theoretically that would be forbidden: " The following are specifically NOT allowed on Cammunity: ...Advertising, selling, or linking adult-oriented content" .

I wonder how MFC/Cammunity will deal with this, since now the rules have been published and theoretically that would be forbidden: " The following are specifically NOT allowed on Cammunity: ...Advertising, selling, or linking adult-oriented content" .

Wondering if this rule means you can't link to your twitter account with NSFW pics. I have seen that on some profiles already of course, and also links to c4s stores which is both advertising and linking adult content. I love the profile builder and would love to stream on cammunity while having links on my profile to everywhere else you can find me.

not sure how breast feeding got thrown in there (I know why)
but menstruating? hmmm...on a non nude site???? uhm- who thought this through?

My first thought was of a model about five years ago. She showed, on cam, how to remove her moon cup, clean it, and put it back in. Yes, this was not just a 'dry run.' If she had only not quite shown vagina, while still showing the rest of the process, she would have been fine on cammu without that rule being in place. I'm okay with it being included in the list. ;)

"1999 Log Into MFC Naked!" Goals like this just had to happen.

Yeah, been seeing several of those. My opinion is, if they are allowed to continue, it will be the site killer. If a models sole intention is to just do a count there to then switch over to mfc for a show, then she should be on mfc the entire time. It kind of defeats the entire purpose of the site, and it just makes it feel like the model is not really there to do the whole non-stress hangout thing. More like she's just using it to scam the camscore system. That aspect is already not setting well with me. So, I can only imagine it's going to turn off a lot of other members from ever wanting to bother with it.

When you have people talking about freeloaders on what is even being advertised to the models as a 'hangout/chill out site', well, you could have fooled me that some aren't expecting tips. The site isn't being advertised to models as another avenue of work; correct?

View attachment 71150

It says it right there. It's for models who just want to hang out with members. It also has the added benefit of being able to be tipped while hanging out. There's nothing in there that says it's another place to work and make money. In fact, according to the things Leo said about dress code, for lack of a better wording, and conduct on the site, many (not all) non-nude models wouldn't even do well there if they tried to turn that into their work. Many non-nude models still dress skimpy (string bikinis, underwear, extremely revealing tops/shorts but still not being nude), do sexy dances in those outfits, do wet t-shirt shows, etc. The top (mostly) non-nude model wouldn't be allowed to do her topics of hand bras, her sometimes topless groups, or her 5000 tokens before a topless true private (I did say she was mostly non nude). And she is in the top 50, now, and has over a 20k camscore. Even she couldn't transition to Cammunity and expect to make what she's making now, if she tried to do it as her work. The only non-nude models who could transition to Cammunity and still potentially make what they're making now are the ones who already do the whole PG-13 or under things now.

If the site was advertised to the models as another place to work, it would be different. But it isn't.

Yes, they can. But the site isn't advertised as a work site for models to make money. That's the key difference some are missing here.

Some of us do both. The difference is to which models we do these things for. I have a very select few models I tip just because (those I've known for 6 or so years, and have built up a rapport, mostly), and all the rest I'm tipping for something in return. Those are business transactions. That's how it works. If I am awake and come in your room when you're on (a rarity I'm awake that late anymore, since I'm an old fart), and I tip for a dice or card game or some other thing in your topic, that's still a business transaction. If I come in and do a tip with just a hi emote, that's a just because tip. If I tip with jokes in the tip notes, those are just because tips. That's the difference.

Again, it's not listed as a place to work. If models previously did hangout times on MFC, and didn't exactly care that it hurt their camscore, that was their choice. Now there is (will be when it actually launches, is probably better) an option to do that without the camscore drop. It becomes a win/win in those situations, especially if they get some tips while there. There's one model I could see moving exclusively there because she even puts in her topic never to tip her. She doesn't give a fuck about her camscore and just broadcasts while doing creative stuff on Twitch. It's a stretch to even call her a model anymore, since she actually hates getting tips, and her topics generally say go to Twitch to chat.

I don't have any reservations that some models will attempt to use it as a way to hustle for tips without the stress of lowering their camscore, and thus their placement on the MFC homepage. But unless they're Mary (CrazyM), Lovely Kitty, Bleu, and a select few others like maybe Nat (Loca_Loca_), they shouldn't be surprised if they don't get the hustle they think they will. But, again, it isn't being advertised to even models as a place to work and get their hustle on for those tokens. That's the key point that people are missing. If Leo changes his mind and starts telling models to use it as an alternative way to earn tokens, then that's different. As of now, though, he isn't..

On the working site, I agree. Again, Leo isn't forcing models to work on Cammunity. He isn't going to dock tokens or withhold paychecks for not using it. He may even provide incentives for using it early on. May. It's not like I know enough about Leo to fully grasp what goes on inside his head. But his comments so far don't bring any nefarious intentions.

You were still being paid for it. It was still a job. The Cammunity site isn't advertised as part of the job for models.

Take the flip side, though. Do you charge your real life friends to hang out with you?

Any model that is going to think of the hangout/chill site as part of the job should just stay on MFC. If they want to be tipped for their time, then that's part of the job... MFC is the job.

Do you also think every Twitch, Hitbox, or YouTube Gaming streamer should be getting paid for what they do on those sites? Do you also think every person who posts vids to YouTube should be getting paid for it?

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Do you show up the majority of the time like this? Do the majority of models show up the majority of their time on cam like this? Does every model make more the times they do show up like that?

Personally, I prefer a more natural look. I'm not saying no makeup at all, but makeup that looks more natural. I'm not into bright lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow. Even on my favorite models, I get turned off if they overdo the makeup. But there's still a difference between a more natural look and looking like you literally rolled out of bed and decided to show up. But, that's me. Everyone is different.

Again, the hangout site vs the work site. I don't go to work and just hang out. If I'm at work, I'm on the clock. So, if a model wants to be on the clock, that's what MFC is for. If she's bored, lonely, etc. and just wants to hang out, that's what Cammunity is/will be for. That difference is major. If the majority of models look at the hangout site as just another part of the job, then the site will be about as popular as Chatgasm, which had a whopping 3 models online when I looked at it yesterday. The models that want it to be extra income will quickly get turned off by it because that's not what it is going for, right now. They'll decide that if they're on cam, they should be trying to earning tokens, and just stay on MFC.

As much as we can sit here and hear models talk about how they love their regs and the great friendships they've gotten, we're still seeing the attitude of #FuckYouPayMe cropping up when talking about a site that isn't advertised as a working site.

There are some that think they can start making tons of money on YouTube and Twitch. And you know how extremely disappointed and jaded they become very quickly when they aren't making enough to quit their jobs overnight (OK, that's hyperbole, but even within a few months)? Well over 99% of them. Anyone who goes into YouTube or Twitch with the myth in their head that they can just start making money hand over fist, because a select few are making money hand over fist, are deluding themselves. Isn't this something we constantly see being brought up here, too? New models wondering why they aren't suddenly making the big bucks like they think they should be? Same thing.

Hoping to make money off it, and expecting to make money off it are two entirely different things. I upload to YouTube, and I monetize my videos, yes. But, I'm now going to show you exactly how much money that has earned me over the past 5 YEARS of doing so. Yes, I'm going to show you exactly how much money I've made on YouTube, and I don't expect to know exactly how much you've made camming, or any other model for that matter. It's a question that's been asked of YouTube people a lot, especially recently. Are you ready to be shocked? I hope so.

View attachment 71161

FUCK YES! I'M RICH!

Absolutely false. You may know of the few big names on YouTube or Twitch that make really good money, but percentage wise, they're the exception, not the rule. Some fun statistics:

Over 1.5 million people stream to Twitch each month. Out of those 1.5 million, less than 12,000 are eligible to earn ad revenue, get bits, and have subs. That's under 1% of all streamers.

Twitch has started rolling out a new affiliate program, that allows small streamers who average 3+ viewers to now get bits (think tips/tokens). The amount of streamers who can average even 3 viewers per stream is still well under 10% of all streamers. Go look at any game, and see how quickly the viewing numbers drop off to 0, and just how many sit there streaming with 0 viewers. This is especially true for really popular games like CS:GO, Overwatch, and League of Legends. There can be thousands of streamers of those games at any given time, and the amount of 0 viewer streams is the vast majority of those streamers.

Just because streamers have donation links doesn't mean they are getting donations. Being an attractive female streamer increases the likelihood of getting donations, especially the boobie streamers as they are known (cleavage shirts, booty shorts, dance/write on themselves for donations... essentially trying to be cam girls without being cam girls); but even the majority of them aren't making any money..

View attachment 71162

52.62% of YouTube videos have under 500 views. 62.05% have under 1000 views.

The majority of YouTube channels have under 1000 subscribers.

YouTube's ad payout is fairly low to YouTube uploaders, and is based on per 1000 views (CPM), with more if people actually click on those ads (and we all know how rare that is online). It's generally around $1 per 1000 views where the ad is played all the way through (no hitting of skip ad or using ad blockers). Certain ads pay more, certain ads pay less; and there can be times when ads pay a much bigger payout (around $3/1000 views) when those are paid promotions by those advertisers.

Would you like to change your definition of "many"? SOME Twitch streamers and YouTube video makers are making good money. But they're the VAST MINORITY of people on those sites. Not everyone uploading to YouTube is PewDiePie. Not everyone streaming on Twitch is Summit1G. The amount of people making enough on Twitch or YouTube to earn their livings off those sites in extremely small. The amount of people able to supplement their income on those sites is only slightly larger. Most will never make enough to get their first payout.

But let's turn this around and see the amount of disagreement that comes up:

"Many cam models get paid a really good amount of money!"

I'm pretty sure we all know the shitstorm that arises when that claim is made.

Again. Cammunity. Is. Not. The. Work. Site. If any model is looking at Cammunity as providing a service, then they're going into it with the wrong mindset.

Most of them aren't getting paid. If they're putting ads on their videos, they're like me, and can't expect that first massive $100 payout for another 10 years. And with YouTube's clamping down on videos allowed to be monetized, as well as the overall lower CPM after a bunch of advertisers left, it could take even longer, now. This isn't even counting the totally broken ContentID system and the abuses that arise from it that allow scammers to try and take what little ad revenue most videos get (and I'll count Nintendo among these, since their ContentID claim abuses with zero regard for fair use is notorious by now).

Same question: Do you charge your friends to hang out with you?

Wouldn't know anything about that. Nope. No 12 hour long Zelda: Breath of the Wild streams from me... don't know what you're talking about..

View attachment 71165

:wasntme:

So, I should expect donations on my Twitch/YouTube Gaming streams is what you're saying? I'm doing the same thing for my viewers, right? I'm also sat in an uncomfortable position, for hours on end. Should I also mention the $2500+ PC I built for recording and streaming, plus the new webcam, capture device, video editing software, etc., that I've done in the past year and few months? Or is it not really the same thing?

Depends on the model and the tipper. Go to Mary's room and watch the big tips fly. Half the time it's more of an epeen contest to show who can tip her more. Mary charges 5000 tokens before a true private, but regularly gets 10k tips without the member taking her private. I don't think she has videos for sale. It varies from model to model and tipper to tipper.

Go to any strip club. When you see guys throwing tons of money on stage, that isn't just because. It's a way to garner attention from the stripper. The hope is the stripper will come over and give attention to the big tipper. You can get the same on MFC, with those guys throwing around 1k+ tips willy nilly.

Business transactions.You don't expect models to just give away videos, do you? Should we expect models to just log on, get naked, and fuck themselves silly for 0 tips? This isn't a one way street, you know. Models expect compensation for whatever they're bringing. You can't then turn around and say members can't expect compensation for their money. We call that a double standard. If the member tips the price listed for something (flash, videos, etc.), then turns around and leaves the room before whatever countdown is done, that's fine. The business transaction has been completed successfully. The model has received payment, and the member has received whatever they tipped for (provided they get what they tipped for, which isn't always the case).

As we're seeing more models talking about freeloaders, and how they should be tipped for being on a hangout site... is it any wonder members have more skepticism?

I barely log onto MFC anymore. 1-2x every few weeks. My few favorite models and I talk over texts and other such, none of which I had to pay to get their numbers. They gave them to me, and it's not like I can afford to be uber-tipper. Cammunity, itself, interests me very little. I'd only ever consider going there, beyond checking it out yesterday, if my few favs were there and wanted me to see them on cam, live and just hang out with them. So, no, I'm not coming at this from the mindset of someone looking for entertainment. It has nothing to offer me, nor many other members (nor even models who want their boyfriends to join them on cam to hang out).

Judging from the talk I saw, yesterday, no, it isn't. Also, not even Harli could get her normal numbers while on there (she's normally a few hundred to over a thousand viewers at a time), and she made barely any tips there. And if a really popular model can't get the members to show up... then you know it's not for the majority of members.

Also, models are looking at it from a camscore/rank PoV, it seems. Some of them anyway. A way to raise camscore and rank, while not doing what they normally do (for the nude models). One even said she hates doing sexual things in this thread; to which I say "wrong line of work" (or at least she should have started out non-nude, not everyone can transition from nude to non-nude). It's like being a vegan and working in a slaughterhouse... wrong line of work.

With the expectation of being tipped on the non-work site. You said it yourself: if you're going to be on cam, you expect to get tips.

This completely contradicts what you said earlier:

You go from "then yes he should tip something" to "maybe earn a bit." Those are contradictory. The first expects the tip, the second is might earn some tips.

Voyeur fetish... sure, it's a thing. It's not massively popular, but it exists. Though I expect the inatratubez to explode if models couldn't show feet because to those foot fetish guys that is a sexual act. :rofl:

Like I said earlier in here, except for a very select few extremely popular high camscore models, I wouldn't expect anyone to really even get close to those types of countdowns. That fear is pretty much unjustified unless Mary does it.

That does make sense. And on the working site, that's fine. But I've already gone over the difference between the working site and the non-work site. Also, set your PMs to friends only, and charge for friend add, and you won't get guys randomly PMing you, unless they've paid for it.

I highly doubt MFC has created this entire thing with the intentions of never making money off of it and making models hangout there for free.

Also, I had this CRAZY idea. How about if you think it's such an awful idea and don't like the way models intend to use it you just not visit the site instead of bitching about it.

I highly doubt MFC has created this entire thing with the intentions of never making money off of it and making models hangout there for free.

Also, I had this CRAZY idea. How about if you think it's such an awful idea and don't like the way models intend to use it you just not visit the site instead of bitching about it.
His point sounds like if you log on to Cammunity you
Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 8.27.39 AM.png

His point sounds like if you log on to Cammunity you
View attachment 71186

What I'm reading from his 8 page report is he thinks women are only worthy of being paid for the entertainment they provide (which for MFC girls is often labour intensive and creative) if their tits are out.

What I'm reading from his 8 page report is he thinks women are only worthy of being paid for the entertainment they provide (which for MFC girls is often labour intensive and creative) if their tits are out.
You're a better woman than I.
My fuck-budget is too tight right now so I just scrolled on by. No fucks to give about people who don't even want to use the site.

You're a better woman than I.
My fuck-budget is too tight right now so I just scrolled on by. No fucks to give about people who don't even want to use the site.

Well to be straightforward he didn't directly say that but that's the vibe the entire thing gave me.

Exactly this. Why would Leo put time, effort, and money into something with no expectations of it increasing revenue? He wouldn't.

Really not sure why the emphasis is on what Cammunity is being "advertised" as in that novella of a post either, because it's not being "advertised" as anything yet. It's not even FINISHED. Who knows what exactly it could evolve into once it's complete.
Also a little reminder that MFC is advertised as "free" sooooo. :haha::rofl:

You know what that is? Sexual Objectification!

You know what that is? Sexual Objectification!

And not the fun consensual type.

MFC has amazingly creative women that are saying "Wow this is an amazing idea and is perfect for all of the non sexual cool LABOUR AND CREATIVITY INTENSIVE stuff I do"

And this guy is basically like "LOL you can't expect to be paid for this if your clothing is on."

My first thought was of a model about five years ago. She showed, on cam, how to remove her moon cup, clean it, and put it back in. Yes, this was not just a 'dry run.' If she had only not quite shown vagina, while still showing the rest of the process, she would have been fine on cammu without that rule being in place. I'm okay with it being included in the list. ;)

o_O

And not the fun consensual type.

MFC has amazingly creative women that are saying "Wow this is an amazing idea and is perfect for all of the non sexual cool LABOUR AND CREATIVITY INTENSIVE stuff I do"

And this guy is basically like "LOL you can't expect to be paid for this if your clothing is on."
HAH you make a great point with this, actually. The cooking shows I've done on MFC (that I would now do on Cammu) are much more labor intensive than my countdowns to dildo shows. But gawd forbid that I expect people spend money on that form of entertainment if there are no tits out.

But also...people DO tip us for just existing. Like...that is a thing that happens. And if it's happened to ME, it's surely happened to a lot of models who are actually like, talented and entertaining. So...I reject the idea that this isn't a potentially highly profitable business venture for MFC.

But also...people DO tip us for just existing. Like...that is a thing that happens. And if it's happened to ME, it's surely happened to a lot of models who are actually like, talented and entertaining. So...I reject the idea that this isn't a potentially highly profitable business venture for MFC.

its happened to me as well- small- but cool as hell

I haven't cammed on MFC in for...ev...er. Still get tips on there once in a while. We totally get money for nothing. Not even showing up. Get over it. Can we just appreciate that MFC values models past tits and ass? Not sure why any model would be upset about Cammunity. It almost makes me feel warm and fuzzy about ol' Leo.

I'm so confused about the rules. There's girls on there right now doing countdowns to MFC (the rule about not mentioning adult sites? one girl has x till lush on mfc) and others selling videos and snapchat... but if i read these rules right these things are all no go?

I'm so confused about the rules. There's girls on there right now doing countdowns to MFC (the rule about not mentioning adult sites? one girl has x till lush on mfc) and others selling videos and snapchat... but if i read these rules right these things are all no go?
Yeah, if they're going to do this I hope they are actually fairly strict about rule enforcement, whenever they come up with a full set of rules. (I get the whole "in beta" thing, and that they obviously weren't expecting a ton of models to clamor to cam on there ASAP.)

UncleThursday is correct about that most YouTubers and Twitch streamers don't expect to make money and he is also right that the large majority don't. Most of us that create content on YouTube and Twitch do so because we actually like create stuff. I think he would be right in his assumptions that most models wouldn't get paid if Cammunity had the same audience as Twitch. However the audience that will come to Cammunity, at least initially, will come from MFC. Since the demographics on MFC is very different compared to those of Twitch, Cammunity will have a more mature audience that is more willing to pay for content.

If models have time over I suggest that they use cammunity to do non sexual stuff that you enjoy doing and see what people are willing to tip for with out messing up their CamScore. If time is limited I think staying on MFC and doing the usual stuff is probably the more sensible option. As a viewer I have enjoyed Cammunity so far and the more laid back atmosphere there. I hope they enforce the rules there so Cammunity doesn't become a way to game the system in order to increase CamScore on MFC.

One thing I noticed I don't like about, and I'm hoping you can mention to Leo, is the friends list. Currently ALL mfc models i have on my friends list, are also showing up on Cammu. I don't need to see everyone if I'm visiting there, just the ones actually signed in on that site.

Maybe they could have a way of showing you your friendslist with all models that are online but separated between Cammunity & MyFreeCams... I would still want to know if my fave model was online whether they were doing non-nude that day or not.

While I realize this is going for a SFW theme.....I wonder if we will still be allowed to sell or have members tip for sexual content. Such as videos or picture sets.

Or if we are allowed to advertise for explicit content i.e. tip 100tokens for masturbation video

Or if we are allowed to link to pages with adult content on it
Not sure if someone answered this already... the rules state that you are not allowed to sell, advertise or link to anything that has nudity etc. no adult content whatsoever.

Maybe they could have a way of showing you your friendslist with all models that are online but separated between Cammunity & MyFreeCams... I would still want to know if my fave model was online whether they were doing non-nude that day or not.
Last time I was on, flipping between both sites, my MFC friends list had a purple pawn outline next to their name instead of their usual avatar if they were logged into Cammunity. Similarly the reverse was true, on Cammunity any friend logged into MFC would have a green pawn outline next to them.

I think they're going to need an active moderator on Cammunity watching for these things, unless they're going to rely on member reports for rule-breaking? I know I'd be too nervous to report anyone though.

they totally didn't approve my avatar photo- I realized you can sorta see my nipple in the t-shirt
so I went all cutesy snap chat instead- cuz I like cutesy

UncleThursday is correct about that most YouTubers and Twitch streamers don't expect to make money and he is also right that the large majority don't. Most of us that create content on YouTube and Twitch do so because we actually like create stuff. I think he would be right in his assumptions that most models wouldn't get paid if Cammunity had the same audience as Twitch. However the audience that will come to Cammunity, at least initially, will come from MFC. Since the demographics on MFC is very different compared to those of Twitch, Cammunity will have a more mature audience that is more willing to pay for content.

If models have time over I suggest that they use cammunity to do non sexual stuff that you enjoy doing and see what people are willing to tip for with out messing up their CamScore. If time is limited I think staying on MFC and doing the usual stuff is probably the more sensible option. As a viewer I have enjoyed Cammunity so far and the more laid back atmosphere there. I hope they enforce the rules there so Cammunity doesn't become a way to game the system in order to increase CamScore on MFC.

I feel like what UncleThursday did not seem to understand, is that yes, most youtubers and twitch streamers don't expect to make money, and the majority don't. But most Youtubers are the equivalent of KoolRay. They make pretty rubbish videos that they want to make for fun, or personal videos to share with their friends and family. It isn't a career, they have their own jobs to do. As for twitch streamers, it is pretty safe to say that if you are an average level player and sit in a dark room with no interaction, you are probably not going to get many viewers, because you aren't providing entertainment. I've watched twitch, I can see the amount of streamers who do this, and fair enough to them, they're playing the games they want and seem to enjoy streaming.

This should NOT be compared to youtubers who go into it with a professional mindset, who know what they're talking about when they make videos and make them as good quality, fun and entertaining as possible while regularly uploading new videos and interacting with their viewers. Same with those who go onto twitch with a professional mindset and understand that they're working.

Webcam models do tend to start out as amateurs, but most MFC models are already making their living out of live entertainment. They know how to organise their hours and keep a room entertaining even with clothes on and nothing sexual happening. Most models already have a following which should not be underestimated when moving to a non nude site, especially one that is already connected to their following. You cannot compare professional webcam models with any person who fancies making a youtube video for entertainments sake. This is already our job, so it seems reasonable for a model to expect that anything connected to her job will bring her in additional income or it may not be worth her time and energy. If people don't tip at all on the non nude site or it doesn't seem to improve a model's viewership and tips once she streams on the main site then likely not many models will use this site. It's fun, I love the idea of it, I would be happy to take a dramatic pay cut just for the chilled out atmosphere, but I would still need to make tokens to justify the time spent.

It is not unreasonable for models to expect tips even if they aren't naked or doing sexual teasing. The reason I say this is because for many models offline "just because" tips are pretty common. Even years after I stopped camming I still received tips from friends and viewers, some of these incredible friends have helped me reach life goals which are completely unrelated to camming. I don't feel entitled to anyone else's money, every gift is precious and incredible. But it's also pretty fair for me to expect that if I came on the chat version of MFC that these friends would enjoy tipping and would then be able to see my smile and excitement from their tips without feeling it's feeding freeloaders. I'm not just pulling these ideas out of my arse in some deluded idea of self entitlement, I am going on 6 years of this happening. I stopped doing cumshows when I came back to camming, this is something that most of my regulars have expressed how much they prefer it this way as it no longer gives the freeloaders free shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.