AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC's new Non Nude site - Cammunity (now CamYou)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Twitch broadcasters that I have frequented and subscribed to are definitely there to make their living. They worked hard enough to get partnered so they could have a subscription base. They post goals on their stream for how many subs they get in a day. They post highest/recent donations on their stream to entice others to chip in.

Sure the majority of streamers there are just on for fun with the possibility of someone slipping in a paypal donation here or there, but there are a good amount that treat it like a job.

The way many of us cam girls treat any of our broadcast time like a job. Because it is.

People that don't understand the power dynamic inherent in M-F tipping and why cis men fare much worse at supporting themselves via tip-based models of employment, I just .... anyway, moving on...

I am SUPER confused about what is/isn't allowed as far as live on cam, and what the locked galleries are for (what level of intensity, are we talking turtlenecks only here?) And after reading the wiki, I also have a hunch the main goal behind this is to bring back public shows. Public shows were a cash cow for MFC and a huge traffic boost. You could easily get 1k guys sitting there watching absolutely nothing go on, so long as they thought something MIGHT happen. It's all becoming crystal clear.

It is going to hard for mfc to constantly watch out for unallowed content, what will they do regarding models breaking the rules if seen or reported? hopefully they won't ban them and lock their accounts and tokens like another site does.

Maybe they could have a way of showing you your friendslist with all models that are online but separated between Cammunity & MyFreeCams... I would still want to know if my fave model was online whether they were doing non-nude that day or not.

I've noticed they have already been working on it. Both sites still list all of the models on my friends list on both sites. But now they do differentiate, and make it easier to navigate to whichever they are on.

@NataliaGrey for example, is on cammunity right now. So, in my friends list it has a cam symbol for her on cammunity.

chrome_2017-06-21_16-23-07.png

And on mfc it does not, but it also has the cammu outline for her avatar. It's fairly easy to figure that much out now.
chrome_2017-06-21_16-26-08.png

But, if you do click on her name on mfc it pops up a box letting you know she's on the other site, and it gives you a link right there which will open up a new tab with cammu loading her room.

chrome_2017-06-21_16-24-02.png

The reverse is also true. On the cammu site, if i click on someone who is broadcasting on mfc, I get this box and link to go there.
chrome_2017-06-21_16-23-31.png

It seems workable now. And this way I will know if they are on either site without having to first load up both.

It is going to hard for mfc to constantly watch out for unallowed content, what will they do regarding models breaking the rules if seen or reported? hopefully they won't ban them and lock their accounts and tokens like another site does.

Not really. They do it now on a far larger scale on mfc. It's not so much the moderators monitoring every room for some infraction, as members gleefully taking a screen shot of a man on cam.They'll send it into support and the cam will be shut down within minutes.

Once the rules are firmly established and it's out of beta, have no doubt the rule breakers will be thinned out fast.

I also wonder what they consider "Sexually-explicit content." For instance, I hula hoop alot on cam. To me, its not very sexual, its my exercise. To everyone else, it might be sexual though. Who gets to decide if its too sexual for Cammunity or not? Lol.

Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
"1999 Log Into MFC Naked!" Goals like this just had to happen.

Can you even use the word naked in your topic? I would think it would have to be just "until MFC"?

I'm also so confused about the rules! I try and see what other girls are doing but from what I can see everyone is breaking the rules one way or another from the way I understand them.

I also wonder what they consider "Sexually-explicit content." For instance, I hula hoop alot on cam. To me, its not very sexual, its my exercise. To everyone else, it might be sexual though. Who gets to decide if its too sexual for Cammunity or not? Lol.

I feel like hula hooping shouldn't be considered sexually explicit. I mean you can do this in any public park! Children hula hoop! Hula hooping naked? Yes, sexually explicit, but if you're in a tank top and shorts I don't see the connection and doubt they would ban this. Same with if a girl did goofy dancing, it's very different to provocative, sensual, sexy dancing.

Uncle I assume your YT earnings you showed was from lifetime? I don't need a dossier about it but just asking because you cropped that out. I was only on YT making content for 2 months myself. I had about 1,000 subs and made way more than you have. I worked for it though. I treated it like a job and it was paying off. I think that's the difference. YT doesn't advertise itself as a job or work but it's up to the creators how they treat it. Just like twitch and MFC. Also I didn't see if you mentioned it or not in those 96 pages but it's not just $1 per 1,000 views. That money goes up and fast actually. Mine was over $10 per 1,000 views just from having those subs. My views ranged from 50 to over 3k per video. Of course I was just figuring out stuff there, but if I had stayed on I could have garnered more info and went for the more popular stuff down the road. Again not unlike what successful twitch and MFCers do. I'm just saying if you put in the work it won't take you 10 years to make the payout there lol.

Honestly I do think YTers and twitch players most often get on for the hope of making money. More are realistic that they may not but the majority know what can be done if they work at it. Of course there's some who just wanna go on for fun only but if that's the case they don't even bother monetizing. This isn't unlike camming. Most want to make money, most know they may not, some just wanna have fun. All of that is okay. If you want the money though you need to put in the work, time, and have a bit of luck. This is on any site to be successful.

Let me give you an example that is a bit extreme - two models that earn the same amount of tokens over the same amount of time with the same style of camming (assuming non-nude), one working exclusively on MFC and the other splitting her time between the two sites. Why should the model who worked on Cammunity be given a considerably higher camscore and hence higher placement when she goes on MFC? They did effectively the same job.

But I don't know if you can say it's unfair to the girl on MFC when she too has the option to use Community. Both have the same opportunity so that scenario is fair. If two people have two options, one chooses a more rewarding option and therefore gets more reward and one chooses a less rewarding option and therefore gets less reward, that scenario is fair because you both have the same opportunity, the reward is based on the choice of the individual. Also the girl on MFC is the one at an advantage because more traffic + more flexibility when it comes to what she can offer in exchange for tokens. Cammunity = less traffic, less flexibility, but it can help your camscore. Sounds fair and balanced to me.

Reactions: Tesla and TacoBelle
I feel like what UncleThursday did not seem to understand, is that yes, most youtubers and twitch streamers don't expect to make money, and the majority don't. But most Youtubers are the equivalent of KoolRay. They make pretty rubbish videos that they want to make for fun, or personal videos to share with their friends and family. It isn't a career, they have their own jobs to do. As for twitch streamers, it is pretty safe to say that if you are an average level player and sit in a dark room with no interaction, you are probably not going to get many viewers, because you aren't providing entertainment. I've watched twitch, I can see the amount of streamers who do this, and fair enough to them, they're playing the games they want and seem to enjoy streaming.

This should NOT be compared to youtubers who go into it with a professional mindset, who know what they're talking about when they make videos and make them as good quality, fun and entertaining as possible while regularly uploading new videos and interacting with their viewers. Same with those who go onto twitch with a professional mindset and understand that they're working.

Webcam models do tend to start out as amateurs, but most MFC models are already making their living out of live entertainment. They know how to organise their hours and keep a room entertaining even with clothes on and nothing sexual happening. Most models already have a following which should not be underestimated when moving to a non nude site, especially one that is already connected to their following. You cannot compare professional webcam models with any person who fancies making a youtube video for entertainments sake. This is already our job, so it seems reasonable for a model to expect that anything connected to her job will bring her in additional income or it may not be worth her time and energy. If people don't tip at all on the non nude site or it doesn't seem to improve a model's viewership and tips once she streams on the main site then likely not many models will use this site. It's fun, I love the idea of it, I would be happy to take a dramatic pay cut just for the chilled out atmosphere, but I would still need to make tokens to justify the time spent.

It is not unreasonable for models to expect tips even if they aren't naked or doing sexual teasing. The reason I say this is because for many models offline "just because" tips are pretty common. Even years after I stopped camming I still received tips from friends and viewers, some of these incredible friends have helped me reach life goals which are completely unrelated to camming. I don't feel entitled to anyone else's money, every gift is precious and incredible. But it's also pretty fair for me to expect that if I came on the chat version of MFC that these friends would enjoy tipping and would then be able to see my smile and excitement from their tips without feeling it's feeding freeloaders. I'm not just pulling these ideas out of my arse in some deluded idea of self entitlement, I am going on 6 years of this happening. I stopped doing cumshows when I came back to camming, this is something that most of my regulars have expressed how much they prefer it this way as it no longer gives the freeloaders free shows.[/
Going in with a professional mindset, uploading regularly, and making good quality entertainment is required for long term success on YouTube, but it does not guarantee it. I am not comparing what a webcam model does with what a Twitch streamer or a YouTuber does. The point I was really trying to make was that Cammunity is an opportunity for models to experiment and try something new without risking lowering their CamScore. Whether they should get paid or not is as usual up to the people watching, but I think they have a better chance of getting paid because of the audience that watches MFC and now Cammunity is a more mature audience that are used to paying for entertainment.

I am actually watching the ads on YouTube videos instead of skipping them (YouTube Red isn't available in Sweden, otherwise I would have paid for that instead),subscribing to Twitch streamers and donating to them as well as buying tokens and tipping on MFC. I am someone that understands that entertainment that I enjoy and that is seemingly free needs to be paid for by someone as an incentive for the creator to keep on making it.

Reactions: SophiaSophia
The Twitch broadcasters that I have frequented and subscribed to are definitely there to make their living. They worked hard enough to get partnered so they could have a subscription base. They post goals on their stream for how many subs they get in a day. They post highest/recent donations on their stream to entice others to chip in.

Sure the majority of streamers there are just on for fun with the possibility of someone slipping in a paypal donation here or there, but there are a good amount that treat it like a job.

The way many of us cam girls treat any of our broadcast time like a job. Because it is.

I found Uncle Thursday's novella on the economics of Youtube and streaming to be very educational.
While it's true that top twitch and youtube folks do treat it as a job, even among the top folks many still have a regular job.

I don't want to put words in Uncle's mouth (He is more than capable of putting out words :haha:) but I think the main difference is expectations.

99% of YouTubers, Twitch, Periscope etc folks didn't expect to make money. Even the 1% who do make money, I bet most didn't start out with intention of making money, especially in the early days.
I think part of Uncle Thursday frustration is he and probably other million other want to be Professional YouTubers did treat the job seriously spent a lot of time and some money trying to make it. In previous generations, this described the vast vast majority of artist, writers, musicians and actors, who waited tables and worked in offices while waiting to make it.

In contrast, I suspect 99% of camgirls started camming for the money, there may be other reasons but money was a big motivator.
I think a young woman who is of average or above attractiveness, has a reasonable chance of making $15-$25/hour camming if she is willing to get naked on cam.
A much, much smaller percentage can make $100+/hour

That type of earnings potential simply doesn't exist for all but the lucky/talented few in any type of non-adult video/streaming environment. There are plenty of attractive woman, on Periscope, Twitch, Facebook live etc. who spend a lot of time hanging out and don't make a dime. I'm not sure what expectations camgirls have for Cammunity, are you expecting to make 1/2 your hourly rate on MFC of 1/10th? If it is 1/10 or 1/100th will you still do it?.

I'll give Cammunity a chance but my threshold for tipping will be higher. Basically, if I'd tip a person for doing this on Periscope, or Twitch than I'll tip them on Cammunity.

• Funny!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Every member I've talked to (that wasn't a regular from MFC) who found me on Cammunity was delighted by the entire idea of it. So much so I have a feeling they'll be quick to report any rule breaking because what's presented right now for the site is mostly what they want.

As for the Youtube/Twitch comparison: if you treat it like a job, you will find an audience who thinks your time and effort is worthy of their almighty dollar. I think a lot of ladies here already realize that though and the ones who don't would pick it up quick. Cam girls who stick around usually stick around because they know how to get into "work mode" when it comes to streaming.

I think it's a fun little add-on to/extension of MFC, but I also know that I like it a hell of a lot better because I never liked doing public penetration shows. It's going to be interesting as shit to see how these rules pan out though. I had to fuck with my profile hardcore this morning after I read that no links can direct to straight up adult content. :hilarious:

What would the benefit be of breaking the rules of Cammunity? If I were MFC, I would absolutely ban someone who broke the rules of a new platform I'd created when they could just use the old one. If the goal is to make a SFW version and get the money of people who are uninterested in nudity or who can't fit it into their life and expand advertising opportunity, it's REALLY entitled to insist on ignoring the rules. Ban away I say.

This is an awesome idea! I really like MFC, but hate the camscore. I have a low camscore (in the 700's) and I haven't been logging on because I'm afraid it's going to drop more and more. This seems like a good way for me to build up a following without having to worry about sinking my camscore even lower.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
My eyes hurt from stumbling thru the novella so I will try to keep it short. I know several girls that have always said they wished they could just hang out after shows to chill for awhile with her guys. That is finally possible.
I see the new site as a way to make lots of $$ if you have a good "A" game to bring. Does anyone remember the oft controversial, primarily NN for several years, gal called Olivia? $$$$ creativity by the truck load.
I also think that the site's not for everyone. I heard the other day that "many models aren't terribly creative and sit there naked with tits out & put things in their kitty to make tokens."
Add in the phone appendage in the hand and I find this to be pretty much true.
Unless you have a big following of 'just because tippers' to bring with you to Cammunity, its time to up your game if you wanna make the $ that's available.

Just my 2 centavos.....

Right now I see a few girls on Cammunity doing what people do on Twitch, play games and showing their faces in some corner of the screen. However, if anyone is aware of Twitch, why would he bother watching these girls on Cammunity? Twitch has true HD with much higher stream quality. There are lots of good looking Twitch streamers with great equipment who are good gamers to boot. The entire Twitch platform is designed to stream games. Unless you are super popular already on MFC, I would recommend girls don't try to replicate Twitch on Cammunity.

Right now I see a few girls on Cammunity doing what people do on Twitch, play games and showing their faces in some corner of the screen. However, if anyone is aware of Twitch, why would he bother watching these girls on Cammunity? Twitch has true HD with much higher stream quality. There are lots of good looking Twitch streamers with great equipment who are good gamers to boot. The entire Twitch platform is designed to stream games. Unless you are super popular already on MFC, I would recommend girls don't try to replicate Twitch on Cammunity.
Based on what I've seen, Twitch can be awful to women.

Edited to add: By women, I especially mean sex workers. I think Cammunity will be a perfect place for broadcasting game plays. It's still in beta, so there's a chance quality will improve with a bit of time.

However, if anyone is aware of Twitch, why would he bother watching these girls on Cammunity?
Because their favorite cam girl from MFC isn't on Twitch. Their girl is on camminity because it's much more convenient and has immediate potential to make a few bucks.

Because their favorite cam girl from MFC isn't on Twitch. Their girl is on camminity because it's much more convenient and has immediate potential to make a few bucks.

Isn't Twitch available for the under 18 crowd? I can see a lot of models and members wanting to hangout with a bunch of kids who's balls haven't even dropped yet and are old enough to be their kids FUCK THAT!

This line is interesting:

Seems like they may be finding a more permissive line than MFC wrt public broadcasting
I see this as a good feature. A model could take viewers on a road trip to a destination. They just have to make sure that "non-models" are not featured on cam and remain in the background. The thing is, a model still could not broadcast an event like a concert or a speech that features "non-mfc" personnel. But taking viewers to a lake or a park just to chill might be a cool idea for cam.

I'm struggling with the contrast between models being apparently not allowed to link to adult content and the site itself linking directly to the model's MFC chatroom.

Still feels like there's an awful lot that Leo and co are going to have to sort out about this.

I'm struggling with the contrast between models being apparently not allowed to link to adult content and the site itself linking directly to the model's MFC chatroom.

Still feels like there's an awful lot that Leo and co are going to have to sort out about this.

Yes, that seemed pretty strange to me also.

Imagine this, somehow I innocently stumble into cammunity, I am watching this girl play a computer game, then I check another girl doing some amazing hula hooping.:eyebrows: After a while, I go back to the 1st girl room and it tells me she is online on MFC, I click on her. Viola the 1st girl is naked and riding a giant dildo, can you say NFSW.:banghead: Zero warning that I'm about to enter an adult website.

I'm sure the UK authorities will go nuts over this. But also the only advertisers they will be able to attract are for sex toys, penile enlargement, and Viagra clones.

The catch 22, though, is one can't treat YouTube or Twitch like a job unless they're already making enough money from those platforms to make it their job.

Someone could go out and build a great PC, get a great camera, lighting, semi-professional mic, mixing board etc., maybe even build a streaming PC, too. Then they quit their job and decide to turn Twitch or YouTube into their job. And what happens? Unless something happens to make them an instant overnight success, which we all know is about a 1 in a billion chance, they quickly will burn through whatever money they have left and have to go get another normal job.

So until one is making enough from one or both of those platforms to turn it into their job, treating it like a job doesn't make it one, nor earn them enough to live off of. One can spend 40+ hours streaming or making videos per week, but if it's not making them any money, is it their job?

Both YouTube and Twitch have a discoverability problem, too. Essentially, the most popular people on those sites constantly get the views, because the sites are set up to ensure they get those views. Twitch puts the channels with the most viewers at the top, so new viewers gravitate there, and almost never scroll down. YouTube constantly puts their top channels in recommended videos side bars and on the home page, so they get more views. So even if someone tries making them their job, puts in the time and effort, the chance of that ever paying out is slim to none. Someone starting out at 0 views on a channel, no matter how much like a job they treat it, will most likely never be able to make any money from it. One could argue this is similar to MFC, where the top camscore models keep attracting viewers, while lower camscore and new models rarely see any growth.

On Twitch and Youtube it's the top less than 1% that can make them their livings. They got started early, got lucky in gaining popularity, and eventually were able to make these platforms their earnings source-- practically nobody was able to just jump in and turn them into their jobs. Both platforms are saturated with millions of content creators, now. Anyone trying to get into them as a main earning source at this point has a worse than snowball's chance in hell of being able to turn them into their income sources, no matter how much like a job they treat them; the platforms, themselves, actively work against them.

Uncle I assume your YT earnings you showed was from lifetime? I don't need a dossier about it but just asking because you cropped that out. I was only on YT making content for 2 months myself. I had about 1,000 subs and made way more than you have. I worked for it though. I treated it like a job and it was paying off. I think that's the difference. YT doesn't advertise itself as a job or work but it's up to the creators how they treat it. Just like twitch and MFC. Also I didn't see if you mentioned it or not in those 96 pages but it's not just $1 per 1,000 views. That money goes up and fast actually. Mine was over $10 per 1,000 views just from having those subs. My views ranged from 50 to over 3k per video. Of course I was just figuring out stuff there, but if I had stayed on I could have garnered more info and went for the more popular stuff down the road. Again not unlike what successful twitch and MFCers do. I'm just saying if you put in the work it won't take you 10 years to make the payout there lol.

Honestly I do think YTers and twitch players most often get on for the hope of making money. More are realistic that they may not but the majority know what can be done if they work at it. Of course there's some who just wanna go on for fun only but if that's the case they don't even bother monetizing. This isn't unlike camming. Most want to make money, most know they may not, some just wanna have fun. All of that is okay. If you want the money though you need to put in the work, time, and have a bit of luck. This is on any site to be successful.

It is lifetime, and it isn't cropped out. It says 2007-2017, but I didn't start ads on videos until late 2011. Again, ad rates pay different, and current CPM is pitiful after the Adpocalypse. A little over 1000 views and almost 3000 minutes of watch time in 28 days has seen me earn 37 cents. Considering I'm a small channel, with only 213 subs, getting that many views in a month is actually considered decent. My channel has over 96k video views, which is actually quite good considering how few subs I have. But besides just CPM, there are other things that go into it.

Ad blockers make Google and the uploader nothing. If people skip ads by clicking skip ad, Google makes its ad impression money, but the video maker makes none. The length of the ad makes it pay more or less-- the normal 15-30 second ads pay the least, while those 5+ minute ads pay more if people watch them, which is rare. Who the ad is from determines CPM on the ad... so say Coke vs someone's ETSY shop; the Coke ad pays way more CPM than the ETSY shop ad. Dealing with ContentID claims hurts revenue, and until the recent change even if a ContentID claim was won by the video uploader, the person/entity claiming the video still got to keep any ad revenue made during the claim process. This, of course, led to tons of scamming of the ContentID system to make money. Video relevance is part of it, as videos lose their relevancy very quickly; most videos will make over 90% of any ad revenue in the first 7 days of it being uploaded. Google has been secretly demonetizing videos for a few years, and only recently came out in public about it. Etc.

So you making $10 per 1000 views is an anomaly, not the norm. You probably had very good luck on what ads were placed on your videos, few people using ad blockers, and people sat through the entirety of the ads. My highest ad revenue video has made just $12.04 in ad revenue on 16,945 views... so you can see that it isn't even making $1 per 1000 views. It's closer to 71 cents per 1000 views.

It ends up being way more complicated than just views and having ads on videos. YouTube Red is also a thing, but that is pitiful in payout because it is based solely on watch time, which benefits longer videos if the Red subs watch them for their entirety, but hurts shorter videos. Now, if they did it like Amazon with Twitch Prime (linking Amazon Prime to your Twitch account), where you see no ads, but the streamers gets the full ad impression payout (if they are partnered), it would be a lot better. But Google would lose a lot of money with that, since even non partnered Twitch channels have ads on them, but the streamers earn nothing from them, while Google doesn't force ads on every video on YouTube.

I'm just saying if you put in the work it won't take you 10 years to make the payout there lol.

And please don't try to make it sound like I haven't put work into my own stuff. Until you have done the hundreds of hours of recording footage, even longer editing them, plus the writing on the non-livestreamed videos, you don't know how much effort I've put into my videos, in addition to working over 40 hours a week at my job and the buying of equipment and editing software (I'm not using iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, thanks). There is a ton of luck involved in getting videos seen. Some of it is being able to consistently put videos out, yes; but not all of us are afforded that luxury.

And with my heart surgery on Tuesday, being able to make videos/livestream is going to have to be put on hiatus, just like it was after both heart attacks and congestive heart failure incidents over the past few years. Like I said, some of us aren't afforded the luxury of the time to be able to make our content.

Teagan said:
I'm just saying if you put in the work it won't take you 10 years to make the payout there lol.

To back up what Uncle Thursday said, years ago when I first joined the ACF. I watched a couple of Uncle's game review videos. I remember thinking this guy know his stuff about making videos and such.
That being said, mostly cause our gaming interesting is different but also because they didn't have the magic that makes some video go viral, I stop watching.

The CPM for YouTube seem to be in the $2-3$ so yours are high and his are low.
Going in with a professional mindset, uploading regularly, and making good quality entertainment is required for long term success on YouTube, but it does not guarantee it..
Making a good living streaming or in YouTuve video is like camming some respects. You need to do the basics, good lighting, being engaging, look good, be persistent, and consistent, and generally get naked to have much of a chance. But doing the basic is no guarantee, you also need some combination of the "it factor" and good luck to really make it.

But roughly speaking I think the odds are about ten times worse making it as a career as streamer/youtuber as cam model. Which is why I wondered if cam models would still be interested in doing stuff on cammunity if their hourly pay is 1/10 what they get as a top model.

Until you have done the hundreds of hours of recording footage, even longer editing them, plus the writing on the non-livestreamed videos, you don't know how much effort I've put into my videos, in addition to working over 40 hours a week at my job and the buying of equipment and editing software (I'm not using iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, thanks). There is a ton of luck involved in getting videos seen. Some of it is being able to consistently put videos out, yes; but not all of us are afforded that luxury.

You do realize you're talking to ...camgirls, right? I'm pretty sure most of us ARE AWARE OF HOW MANY HOURS IT TAKES TO MAKE VIDEOS omg lol. Not to mention editing software, education, lighting, cameras, fast computers. Basically your entire post could have been edited to "camgirls" instead of streamers and remained identical. I would venture to guess 1% of camgirls started it full-time, the rest of us had to keep our day jobs while we squeezed in hours to make it work, sweating whether it was the right moment to make the leap to full-time, and even then, worrying daily if we would make it because there is no stable payment. And now the market is so hugely saturated it is also, surprise surprise, super hard to make a start for yourself and get seen.

What is exciting to me is that finally there will be a platform where girls that have been putting in the hours (6 years for me) will be able to transition to/augment with, something more softcore and not lose our core audience.

I streamed on Cammunity for the first time tonight and had a blast! I normally don't last till midnight but I stayed on another hour because I was having such a fun time. Gives me hope for what is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.