AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Microphone Roll-Call?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearestVixen

Inactive Cam Model
May 13, 2017
www.sextpanther.com
Streamate Username
DearestVixen
I'm sure this has been done hundreds of times on this site but I couldn't find one thread that combined them all, mostly just ones looking for advice. This way if a model is looking at getting a specific mic maybe she can search and see if there is good/bad reviews from us for it. (if this has been done extensively in the past feel free to delete this)

1. What microphone do you have?
2. Do you like it?
3. Do your customers ever complain?
4. What mics have you had bad experience with in the past?

The one in my genius widecam is all i have at the moment
2. Do you like it?
No I've been trying to upgrade for awhile
Yes, frequently
jeystar/tonor sf922b. It's a cheap USB mic with some pretty good reviews in 2015 but when it arrived it was impossibly quiet. I soon found out that this was due to windows 10/8 plus me having realtek audio. Apparently these two things clash and make it so some USB mics will register but will be so quiet that it is impossible to use them (for the record: I YELLED into this mic with it pressed to my lips and could barely hear the audio when I had my ear pressed up against my speakers on loud. I could hear it, but it sounded like a whisper)

Reactions: Magnolia
-RØDE NTR for music and a RØDE NT1-A for chilling/catching a full room's sound. I also have a cheap dynamic mic, dunno the brand.

2. Do you like it?
-The NTR is amazing for recording and good for streaming if you don't mind being a bit closer to it, can get a bit muffled though. They are super fragile and you have to be careful with them. The NT1-A is a BEAST, I've taking that thing so many places (even to Burning Man twice) and it still rocks pretty hard. The dynamic mic does its job, it's great when I need to have a backing track so I don't get any feedback or echo.

-The condenser mics tend to pick up EVERYTHING, so if my fan is going hard on my PC you can really hear it. I have a shield that helps with that https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-602650-Microphone-Isolation-Shield/dp/B00GR9W1MS

-Name it, lol. The only ones I don't have much experience with are USB mics because they're all gigantic pieces of trash IMO (looking at you, Snowball) and you could spend the same amount getting a nicer payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.