AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mod without being asked

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2018
Europe
Chaturbate Username
silentm0de
Good evening ladies and gents,

I know the stories of members trying to become mods in a model's room. This one is the other way round. Two days ago I had a good time in a model's room on CB - I was enjoying the show so I started to tip some. Naturally, the show got better and I tipped more. When I hit 800 Tokens the model suddenly gave me admin rights in her room.
Actually, this put me off a little. Ist that strange? Thing is,
  • I don't want to mod, I want to enjoy the show
  • I don't want my username in red, I hide behind the lowest possible color ("Has purchased tokens") for a reason
  • I never want to be in any kind of spotlight
  • I would have preferred a PM from her or something.
So I just ignored it and kept tipping and having some fun. Still, the moment was spoiled. Afterwards, I asked myself the following questions
  • Was I being impolite for not playing my (unwanted) role of a mod
  • How am I going to tell her that I do not want that kind of attention
  • Am I ever going to visit her room again? Probably not.. IDK
  • Was the model being impolite/assertive by doing this without asking me?
She would have been a nice girl, I would have loved to give her more than the 2K, but now I feel somewhat pressured, pushed and put off. It feels as if I have wasted many tokens (not I have never done that before lol).
Am I being a sissy? Am I wrong all the way? Just behaving stupidly for not wanting public attention?

I would appreciate your valued thoughts on the matter.

an abundance of love 🥰 from
silentm0de.

Reactions: mike_aussie
It's been a long while since I was on CB. But, IIRC, I heard that some models have it set where after a certain of tokens members automatically become a mod. This happened to me a couple of times, and I didn't like it at all either.

for me, I disliked it because I have been an online moderator in other non-sex places and it can be a lot of work. If I'm there, I want to enjoy, not work.

If you go back to her room, you may have lost Mod status, as it may go away when you leave room or log off. If not, just politely ask her via PM to remove it.

I've modded users just because I like them and want them to have a different color in chat. I don't expect them to do anything special, or even stick around. I'm talking people who have come back multiple times, have had conversations and that I genuinely enjoy. I wouldn't mod someone without feeling they were a good culture fit, and it's almost more of a "I like this guy, everyone else should be more like him." You did bring up an excellent point that it might bring unwanted attention and that's totally fair. It does make me think about doing it in the future.

I would just be straight up with her and explain that you're not interested in being a mod. More than likely she just assumed it would make you feel special and wanted. I doubt she'd do it if she had any idea it was having the opposite effect. I've had this happen to me before as well and I just wrote to her in pm saying something like, "I appreciate the gesture but I'm not really a good fit as a moderator." And then briefly explained why. She took it well and we've had no problems since.

I've modded users just because I like them and want them to have a different color in chat. I don't expect them to do anything special, or even stick around. I'm talking people who have come back multiple times, have had conversations and that I genuinely enjoy. I wouldn't mod someone without feeling they were a good culture fit, and it's almost more of a "I like this guy, everyone else should be more like him." You did bring up an excellent point that it might bring unwanted attention and that's totally fair. It does make me think about doing it in the future.

Apparently this is somewhat common. I’ve had at least three models make me a mod and then tell me straight-up that they didn’t expect me to do anything. I guess they just used it as a way of color-coding certain members to their own preference.

Which kind of makes sense, because on CB, if a model wanted to control the color of a member’s username, the only option they have (which doesn’t require the member to also take action) is red.

Reactions: silentm0de
Apparently this is somewhat common. I’ve had at least three models make me a mod and then tell me straight-up that they didn’t expect me to do anything. I guess they just used it as a way of color-coding certain members to their own preference.

Which kind of makes sense, because on CB, if a model wanted to control the color of a member’s username, the only option they have (which doesn’t require the member to also take action) is red.

Sounds like CB needs to implement friends lists. ;)

Good evening ladies and gents,

I know the stories of members trying to become mods in a model's room. This one is the other way round. Two days ago I had a good time in a model's room on CB - I was enjoying the show so I started to tip some. Naturally, the show got better and I tipped more. When I hit 800 Tokens the model suddenly gave me admin rights in her room.
Actually, this put me off a little. Ist that strange?

I have lost count of the number of times a model has just made me a mod without ever saying a word about it, either before or after she does it. Honestly, I think most of the time this means very little other than "I like you" or maybe "I like the energy you bring to the room". In her eyes, she is trying to send positive energy to you and create a "reward". Do not overthink it. From my side, I never promised her anything, so there is no implied promise to promote her, to spend time on her, or to be in her show with some minimum frequency. If I disappear for a few weeks and she has a problem with that, I am expecting she will let me know that. No model who has ever made me mod has ever complained when I failed to come to her show often.

Being a "surprise mod" does not stress me at all, but largely the only thing I feel obligated to do in those cases is play whack-a-mole with spammers. If it does stress you, I might wait until the show ends, and just ask the model does she expect anything from you as a moderator. If her list of expectations includes things that stress you out, then just tell her that this would stress you out and you would rather just be a viewer. I would just wait on doing this for a little while because in her mind she was trying to create some good feelings, and it might discourage her to have you just immediately get stressed out by that and complain. My money says her expectation list - more often than not - will be empty.

Reactions: silentm0de
I've had a couple of models do this to me because I tipped them tons in the past. As it turns out, it got me to focus more on modding and less on tipping for them. I stopped going to their rooms because of the responsibilities. After about a year or two, they finally demodded me. They also lost a lot of potential income from my tips in those 2 years. I asked one model why she demooded me and she said "Because you stopped tipping and didn't come around as much to mode".... well yeah duh.

Honestly, if they do this going forward, just send them a quick message asking if they can demod you because you'd rather not mod and just enjoy their show.

"Hi, could you demod me please? I appreciate that you trusted me enough to make me your mod but I don't feel comfortable having that red color/being in the spotlight in your room. I also didn't have plans to be a mod. I'd rather just enjoy your show and interaction with you without these special privileges".

Problem solved.
If she understands and demods you, great.
If not, forget and move on. No further explanation is needed.

She probably thinks she did a nice thing and she'll be confused if you never visit her again because of this silly situation. She may even start doubting yourself if she's insecure, has a small room or altogether.

Communication is the key.

Crazy timing...

Yesterday I was in the room of a new Columbian model with limited english. I spent half an hour tipping her and having fun. The tips from other users started snowballing and she went from 100 to 500 users but her room was being spammed like crazy. I can't stand spammers so I was reporting and ignoring them for all the good it probably does. I joked about a spam invasion and she quickly made me her mod.

I thought I'd give it a shot because it was quicker just to silence the spammers than what I was doing. I like to multi-task on my computer so it was hard to keep my full attention on the room. Unfortuntely there were too many POS greys saying all kinds of disgusting crap because they knew they could get away with it in the room of a model with limited understanding. I felt like silencing them all but didn't. In my own room I would have with no hesitation.

Then some grey came in with the username "2000inchcockwomanlike" so I feared the worst. The guy was talking about fucking her and other blatantly disrespectful stuff. I told him to take it down a notch and he told me to f*** off. I tried to be civil with him explaining her simple room rules in her bio of being nice and respectful but he started daring me to kick him out of the room. I stopped engaging him because I was using my broadcaster account and didn't want to get banned if he reported me. 15 minutes later he left.

After half an hour a guy entered the room and she instantly made him a mod. She clearly knew him. Every 5 minutes he would type something in Columbian about being her slave, working harder for her or how much did she like him, professing his love... and she barely responded... poor sucker lol. The spamming was so bad it took 2 of us to deal with them quickly. After another half an hour I was getting tried and not in the mood to continue.

So I have a healthy respect for the job mods do in a busy toxic room. Some models, especially new ones definitely need mods until learn to manage their room better. I would never return to her room unless the mod is there and I would ask her nicely not to mod me.

if you never visit her again because of this silly situation
Thanks for your input, guys and girls! All of you gave me valuable input - and you are right: talking to her about the matter was the best thing to do! And I would never stop visiting her because of such a thing.

We made an agreement and everything is good now. Communication was a little difficult, though, considering my bad Spanish, but it worked out.

I had that happen 3 times now - 2 of the models do it I think so that you will come back - but I never did ask. The 3rd time happened to me this past weekend - had not been to the ladies room in 3 or 4 months but when I do go I tip 1,000 plus tokens. I am green as in her fan club on CB. Then I was red - I told her no no no hahah a- I only here to watch and enjoy and support. She said okay no worried but you are red today as I not want chat to get the wrong iea when I demod you - so that was sweet of her. I think models need to see someone for a while before giving them mod privileges - example - I show up at CB to see a lady I spend 3,000 plus a week on - all is normal - I am tipping like crazy to get the show on and 1 other guy tips a bit - so once she is done her show I go in public chat and I thank the guy for helping me get to goal hahaa All of a sudden i get a PM from this new mod she had - he says that he does the thanking and I do the tipping - that is how it works. I gave him the "do you know who I am" hahaha - ya that is bad eh. But I did leave and not got back until that model got hold of me and ya - wasn't her fault BUT she did make that idiot her mod . I have not seen a mod in her room since =)

I had that happen 3 times now - 2 of the models do it I think so that you will come back - but I never did ask. The 3rd time happened to me this past weekend - had not been to the ladies room in 3 or 4 months but when I do go I tip 1,000 plus tokens. I am green as in her fan club on CB. Then I was red - I told her no no no hahah a- I only here to watch and enjoy and support. She said okay no worried but you are red today as I not want chat to get the wrong iea when I demod you - so that was sweet of her. I think models need to see someone for a while before giving them mod privileges - example - I show up at CB to see a lady I spend 3,000 plus a week on - all is normal - I am tipping like crazy to get the show on and 1 other guy tips a bit - so once she is done her show I go in public chat and I thank the guy for helping me get to goal hahaa All of a sudden i get a PM from this new mod she had - he says that he does the thanking and I do the tipping - that is how it works. I gave him the "do you know who I am" hahaha - ya that is bad eh. But I did leave and not got back until that model got hold of me and ya - wasn't her fault BUT she did make that idiot her mod . I have not seen a mod in her room since =)

This is exactly the type of terrible mod behavior I'm talking about in this thread.

Models should be polite and ask first before modding... not just assume because a user tipped a lot they want to be the model's white knight and do the hard work for them lol.

I'm sure most models don't like it when the roles are reversed and users suddenly ask them to be a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.