AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model needs immediate help from harassing member on LJ Please Help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not the model nor will I release her name, doesn't matter could be any model. Here is what is happening: She is as kind as can be.to everyone yet for whatever reason this one member is severely harassing her daily in her free chat. He will create awful sexual comments and say them in her free about her and even her parents etc. He goes there every day the last 4 days now and stays. She kicks him can't ban so he comes back right away....he is Grey (new member) and if he's kicked, he just uses another throw away account with basically random letters for the name and comes right back.In addition to saying the awful comment, he will spam it constantly and is disrupting the whole room. With the constant spam ignoring him is no good. Other members have at times attacked him even threatened him but to no avail. She's gone to management and both of us have reached out to support, and so far though they've said they will handle it no result other than he just keeps coming back. I refuse to believe there is no way to deal with this but currently at a loss. Please help with any solutions especially because this could easily happen to any model. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a troll like that. S/he has been at it since I started. I don't know how LJ works, but I'm assuming there's a way for her to not allow greys to chat. All she can do is turn that on and hope the troll doesn't have multiple accounts with tokens.

I had a similar problem on ManyVids Live (Ban a troll, and he'd keep coming back with a new name). So when they introduced their "Only members with tokens can chat" option, I was thrilled and decided to enable it. It's been nice...no more losers spewing racist crap in my room.

Does LJ have an option like that for models? It won't do anything about the trolls who do have tokens, but I'm sure that option would still lower the number of trolls like that.

Reactions: InannahQoH
Hello Steve,
Not a model and not familiar with LJ..

But I don't think the problem is "OMG one person is harassing me"
And don't think the solution is "Refer to management and support"

Cause to me, getting harassed, threatened, abused, annoyed, and spammed, by 1 mil moron's is just normal.
And models need to deal with this themselves imo.

With some options being.
1. Use moderators (Which a lot in this forums will recommend against)
2. Use settings , tools , bots , addon's in LJ (Which ever they support) to switch off chat to non payers / viewers who don't have tokens / etc.
3. IF LJ doesn't have basic tools, then consider swapping to other platforms.

3B. If you are considering other platforms, then perhaps investigate multi streaming / split cam etc,
To see if you can stream to LJ and other platforms at once.
So you can swap platforms gradually and safely, without a drop of viewers/revenue in between.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.