AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model /Rip Off Scam MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2022
I wanted to give you guys a heads up about a model on MFC: Moon_Tulip https://profiles.myfreecams.com/Moon_Tulip

4 days ago I paid for a video chat that was supposed to start as soon as I made the payment to her. I got a confirmation from my email saying the payment was successfully made but she said she hadn't received it yet even though she also got a confirmation that the payment was made. I checked my bank account and the funds were gone so I know something wasn't right because this wasn't the first time made a payment off-site because its usually automatic. She said she was going to wait but I was already getting worried because I've been ripped off the same way before with the same excuse. She ghosted me the whole day. She never came back online until six hours ago. and when I asked her if she had received the funds, she blocked me from her room. At that point I realized that I had been ripped off. It wasn't the first time but it had been a good while. I obviously couldn't do anything about it because I made the payment off-site and the video-chat was to be off-site. All I could do was to report her for scam/fraud on mfc and other sites where she advertises. I couldn't understand why she had done this because we've been video-chatting on and off for the past six months and never had any issues. Its been 4 days and she hasn't given me any explanation whatsoever.

I know paying for something off-site with an off-site payment method instead of tokens puts you at your own risk but I just wanted to let you guys know because you might be the next one she rips off. I wasn't even able to comment on her message wall. Not to mention, she still advertises for video-chatting off site and offers alternate payment methods. She may not scam you the 1st time but if you're too comfortable with her and you become a regular she might do it then. I guess the lesson is to use tokens because that way MFC can track everything but even then, they can't do much to help.

If she genuinely ripped you off, report her for accepting off-site payments and provide proof. they will most likely ban her.
But i would only go that route if you100% know she is ripping you off.
kinda strange that she blocked you after already doing video chats though, maybe something else is going on.
most models i know would be pretty happy to be receiving off-site payments as it's usually a much bigger pay

it really doesn't make sense to block you, she just lost a regular and future income for no reason 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

I paid for a video chat that was supposed to start as soon as I made the payment to her. I got a confirmation from my email saying the payment was successfully made but she said she hadn't received it yet even though she also got a confirmation that the payment was made. I checked my bank account and the funds were gone...[.......]
Appreciate this thread is >3 weeks old, and may have been resolved without an update.
But there is a big difference between the funds being debited from the sender's account, and them showing up in the recipient's account.
Depending on how the OP dealt with the expectation that the chat would start as soon as they sent a payment, that may have led to the block?

Also uncomfortable with calling out someone by name when they probably have no idea this thread even exists, so no right of reply.
This may or may not be a scam, but surely it would be better to give a general reminder about the dangers of off-site payments??

Reactions: ericlafayet
If she genuinely ripped you off, report her for accepting off-site payments and provide proof. they will most likely ban her.
But i would only go that route if you100% know she is ripping you off.
kinda strange that she blocked you after already doing video chats though, maybe something else is going on.
most models i know would be pretty happy to be receiving off-site payments as it's usually a much bigger pay

it really doesn't make sense to block you, she just lost a regular and future income for no reason 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
I did report her but I doubt they'll do anything about it though. In the past, she mentioned that her paypal account got suspended. I'm guessing it was for the same reason. I couldn't provide any proof in the report, but I mentioned in that report that she provides alternative forms of payment in her profile and whiteboard. That's pretty much all I could do.

Appreciate this thread is >3 weeks old, and may have been resolved without an update.
But there is a big difference between the funds being debited from the sender's account, and them showing up in the recipient's account.
Depending on how the OP dealt with the expectation that the chat would start as soon as they sent a payment, that may have led to the block?

Also uncomfortable with calling out someone by name when they probably have no idea this thread even exists, so no right of reply.
This may or may not be a scam, but surely it would be better to give a general reminder about the dangers of off-site payments??
Unfortunately, it still hasn't been resolved otherwise I would have mentioned it in the thread. I'm sure she recieved it because she straight up ghosted and blocked me as soon as I sent it. She even told me that she got a notification that the funds were being sent and made an excuse saying she needed to comb her hair eventhough I confirmed with her prior to sending the funds that she was ready, which I always do with a few of my regulars. My conversations with her in the past and on that day have always been pleasant. I didn't think it was a problem because I've seen in other threads where others have been scammed/ripped off and they provided their profile name. If that was a issue, then those other threads would have been taken down by now, don't tou think? I kind of think I have a right to warn people and to be quite frank, these models already put themselves out there so its kind of expected. And in my last paragraph of the thread, I did mention that its safer to use tokens.

Not to mention, I was extremely patient as I always am and waited 3 days before reporting her. On that same day, she even came online to cam. There was no explanation or reply from her even at this point. I couldn't even reply back to ask her what was going on because she immediately blocked me. Our conversation prior to sending her payment was extremely fine as it always was in the past and with my other regulars. I never send payments unless I confirm right then and there that the model is ready to videochat. I do that with anyone that I videochat with.

I forgot to mention this too, If she didn't recieve the funds, I would have recieved a notification from my account that the funds were not recieved and I would have got my money back.

My comment was, just because the funds left you, doesn't mean they reached her.
Your wording suggested you expected the video chat to happen as soon as you sent the payment.
Doubt many experienced models would do anything until they had the money in hand.
Depending on how the discussions went following that, could maybe explain the block?
Generally agree that if the service wasn't delivered, a refund should have been made. But only you and the model know the full story....... so I won't comment further.

Reactions: veggiebabyy
Status
Not open for further replies.