AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model sees that I purchased tokens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2021
What information can models see about my token purchases? Did this recently change with the new updates? I just had a model comment that she could see in my profile/account that I had just purchased tokens a few hours ago (which I had, but I didn't realize models could see this information).

As far as I knew, models can see:
1. How many tokens I tipped them specifically within 24 hours and 2 weeks,

2. My color, indicating how many tokens I have tipped anyone in the past 2 weeks (assuming I haven't selected a lower color)

3. Which tag brought me to their room.

4. How many tokens I have in relation to the other users in the room, using the sort feature.

Is there something else I'm missing? Do models in fact have the ability to see when I made a purchase of tokens? The timeframe she mentioned was exactly when I made the purchase, so it seems clear to me that she did in fact see that info.

Reactions: justsomeuser
4. How many tokens I have in relation to the other users in the room, using the sort feature.

When you move up on the list when shes sorting by tokens it means you purchased tokens.

(thats it unless you signed up under her affiliate ID and told her you did, then she could have figured out which token purchase was yours then reference your ID in her future affiliate history.

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou
Upvote 0
When you move up on the list when shes sorting by tokens it means you purchased tokens.

(thats it unless you signed up under her affiliate ID and told her you did, then she could have figured out which token purchase was yours then reference your ID in her future affiliate history.
Thanks for the reply!

Nope, definitely not under her affiliate ID and I did not enter her room until hours after purchasing tokens, so she wouldn't have seen my name move up the list.

It really isn't a big deal, I was just surprised that she knew that I had purchased tokens and roughly when it had occurred.

Upvote 0
Exactly as cbhours said. If you went from 0 to XX and moved up in the user list. It's easy to put 2 and 2 together. I have not seen or been told that models can now see specific amounts, and I see no way to do this in settings (my account is verified so I could if it was possible).

Upvote 0

I don't think so :/
ok, it's just easy to gues if '#feet' is one of her tags and you come in yelling 'Feeeeeeet'
but I see no other info on this point nor on your browsing history in any way through chaturbate.

Upvote 0
Seeing which tag brings users to the room was case about 7 years ago. Wish we could still see that.

Models don’t have access to any information about when members purchase tokens. We can just see where you rank if we sort members according to how much tokens they have. And we could see if you’re moving up or down that list.

But model talking to member about how much tokens he has is very strange to me. It’s no ones business when you buy tokens and how you spend them. And if you didn’t start this conversation I’d be very wary about her.

Upvote 0
I am sure models can see what tags bring users to the room if they have clicked the tag.. I swear it does because I was even talking about this with a model a week ago. She changes her tags frequently to try see which are her best

Reactions: DoD404 and AnaBee
Upvote 0
Yes, Cb needs to up their game as far as analytics available to models. I've been bugging them forever to get some better basic stats.

Upvote 0
I am sure models can see what tags bring users to the room if they have clicked the tag.. I swear it does because I was even talking about this with a model a week ago. She changes her tags frequently to try see which are her best
Wtf, I've never heard of this... That's quite useful

Upvote 0
What information can models see about my token purchases? Did this recently change with the new updates? I just had a model comment that she could see in my profile/account that I had just purchased tokens a few hours ago (which I had, but I didn't realize models could see this information).

1. How many tokens I tipped them specifically within 24 hours and 2 weeks,

2. My color, indicating how many tokens I have tipped anyone in the past 2 weeks (assuming I haven't selected a lower color)

Is there something else I'm missing? Do models in fact have the ability to see when I made a purchase of tokens? The timeframe she mentioned was exactly when I made the purchase, so it seems clear to me that she did in fact see that info.

Were you in ANY model’s room at the time you bought the tokens?

Wondering if you just lucked into two models that know each other (same studio?) and talk about things they notice in their rooms. Or maybe she was bluffing and made a lucky guess.

Upvote 0
don't think the bots can access it, but it would be useful if they could track it cumulatively

Hi,
The CB API allows coders to query a user's nick color (which, can be changed via the 'gears tab') and their type (mod, fanclub, user has tokens, etc). Any other stats you see in chat (King, Monthly Top Tippers, cumulative tip totals, etc) were generated by the developer through code. With some clever coding it is possible to display many related cumulative status, however, nothing specific is available. Coders can not access what tag you clicked, where you are from, how many tokens you have, the exact amount you have tipped on CB, who you tip the most, or anything else along those lines.

For those interested, everything apps/bots can do is explained here: https://chaturbate.com/apps/docs/index.html

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
Are you an regular in her room?
I know the tokens habits of all my regulars, some are buying a lot one or two times per month, some are buying small amounts everyday, some buy tokens only when they have something planned. Most people have a sorta constant amount of tokens on their account and it's easy to guess when they buy them.

Yes, Cb needs to up their game as far as analytics available to models. I've been bugging them forever to get some better basic stats.
There is a tracking service that can do that. Not sure if it would be considered as an add to write their name here

Reactions: StoneyDog
Upvote 0
In which regards? Which analytics and stats do you think CB should offer to registered broadcasters? How would these be available to developers, who could easily record and output this information for their own personal amusement?

Personally... If CB were to update so that registered broadcasters all-of-a-sudden had information about financial habbits, I would be the first to part ways with CB. What I have, what I've earned, where I spend it, how I spend it, is my business. If the arguement is that better content can be produced by keeping track of such things, then request a bot that outputs cumulative information privately and keep your own data, secure and offline from CB.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
In which regards? Which analytics and stats do you think CB should offer to registered broadcasters? How would these be available to developers, who could easily record and output this information for their own personal amusement?

Personally... If CB were to update so that registered broadcasters all-of-a-sudden had information about financial habbits, I would be the first to part ways with CB. What I have, what I've earned, where I spend it, how I spend it, is my business. If the arguement is that better content can be produced by keeping track of such things, then request a bot that outputs cumulative information privately and keep your own data, secure and offline from CB.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Models have no interest in financial habits of viewers. I know the habits of my regulars, (including they payday date for some of them lol), because it's sorta obvious when someone hang in your room for several month. And I have no interest into that data about irregulars and one timers. Too much absolutely useless information.

But I find it abnormal to having to pay a outside company to have data like:

-Which tags attract most people in my rooms. What's the % of people coming in my room from each tag, from CB main page, from CB recommending me to them, from my followers announce, from my Twitter and reddit links, etc.
-Which type of viewers come from each of this sources. If I have a huge traffic with #lovense but 99% are greys or stay 2 sec in my room, while 50% of those coming with #whatevernichefetish are payers, i better use #whatevernichefetish tag.
-My earnings per hour, which hours are more beneficial to me, on the long run the same per day.
-My tip menu analysis, which requests are the most in demand, which ones are barely used. I raise by 20% the price of my 25% most used requests at the end of the month, Don't touch the 25% beneath them, discount by 10% those 25% more above them, and finally remove or replace requests from the last quarter.
-My income analysis how much do i earn from 1 tikens tips on the lovense, how much from my tip menu, how much from big lovense tips, how much from privates, etc.

All this data could help me to improve and have a better monnetization of my show., meaning earning more for me and CB , having more fun, finding traffic more easily, having viewers potentially willing to tip finding me more easily, etc. So I don't see the CB logic of providing barely 0 data about it.

Yes you can do some of the stuff I wrote with bots, some with after stream analysis and maths. But this is such a pain, I don't want to waste my time on it in 2021.

Upvote 0
Hi. I have many clients that want to know the exact information you confidently stated they do not. It is your choice to use any service you want to collate your data. However, I would like to point out that you could do everything you just stated (and a lot more) with the CB API except monitor which tags/links brought which specific user-types to your room. The rest is dropping properly formatted daily-output into a spreadsheet designed to break up information into lookup tables that benefits your specific interests. Personally, I find managing my own data a lot safer than a 3rd party service. This is actually why I taught myself JavaScript, in an effort to produce such stats for 2 specific friends who were operating out of shady studios.

I am not disregarding the statement that CB should privately produce such stats. In fact I agree. In the mean time, a competent dev could produce everything you are asking for, including the spreadsheet.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.