AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models do you care about cam sites Prizes ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2021
Hello it seems like evry site has some kind of contests for top viewd / earner cams per month ?

Do you care about this try to win ?
Do you think it's fare only top earners win more ? better most popular or something else ....

Reactions: anabeauty37
Its nice when sites reward success. But it can get super competitive and sometimes cutthroat. Some sites choose to not tolerate model on model harassment and abuse on their site. Best way to combat model squabbles is to not allow models to browse camrooms with their model account or give models the option to ban model accounts from their rooms.

I think it's somewhat unfair, although obviously everyone has that same chance. But being realistic, it's definitely not the same chance for everyone.
SO if a place could offer rewards that everyone can feel like they genuinely have a chance to win or compete in and be top 3 or whatever, then it'd be much better.

A way for this is to have different tier categories for earners.
The top 1% all compete against each other, then the top 10 %, then the top 25% and then maybe everyone below that.
At least that way everyone is in the right or appropriate competitive tier/division.

It's like me, someone very unfit (bottom 25% maybe) competing in a sprint or marathon against an Olympic athlete, it's just extremely unfair.
So ultimately, if there is a way to split it into fair categories as I mentioned above for earnings, then that would be great and give everyone a chance and some motivation.

Reactions: MarieElise
I get nothing
Literallyyyyy. idk it's kind of nice to know where I rank without it dictating placement. Just don't call it an award. More like a badge. An invisible badge that no one else can see.

OP: Prizes are cool, but publicly listed rankings create more intense competition between performers, and as an extension, members. I'm not the kind of person who enjoys that, but I know lots of others do enjoy it and/or find it motivating.

Literallyyyyy. idk it's kind of nice to know where I rank without it dictating placement. Just don't call it an award. More like a badge. An invisible badge that no one else can see.

OP: Prizes are cool, but publicly listed rankings create more intense competition between performers, and as an extension, members. I'm not the kind of person who enjoys that, but I know lots of others do enjoy it and/or find it motivating.
It'd be pretty bad ass if they publicly displayed them. BOOM veteran performer. However, no. Just for our knowledge I suppose.

Fully for our knowledge and so we can pat ourselves on the back, since we can't even see where we are until after the time period has expired. These stats give me happier feelings than current to the second stats that might make me stress about whether or not I'm going to drop a rank. I like to compete against myself first and foremost.

Hello it seems like evry site has some kind of contests for top viewd / earner cams per month ?

Do you think it's fare only top earners win more ? better most popular or something else ....

When I won the 'Nicest Smile' award on ImLive years ago, I was pretty excited even though there was no monetary prize for it. Lol. I felt the same way when I won the 'Biggest Sweetheart' award in high school.

If I had paid closer attention to the submission deadline of ManyVids' talent video contest they had in 2020, that would've been nice so that I could've submitted something. Any time I'd entered one of their photo contests, I knew I wouldn't win but figured...well maybe having my photo displayed on their contest page will get more eyeballs on my MV store, resulting in more video sales. 🤷‍♀️

I think it sucks that these MV contests have become "Vote for me in exchange of this content you'll get!" So it's not really about who has the "best" this or that. They're popularity contests, and the popular models offering the most stuff to members who vote for them are the ones more likely to win. When you leave the voting up to the cam site members, you're gonna have men voting for their favorite cam girl (Maybe he's her #1 reg on MFC or CB), or just doing like I mentioned before...voting for the top girl offering the most stuff. Even if the picture they're voting for is literally just a pic of her holding a rock. Lol. If voting was done by a group of people who could be objective (They aren't involved with the model or best friends with the model, etc.), then maybe you'd actually see more of the underdogs of the site winning contests sometimes too.

But instead of having all these contests where they're giving all these cash prizes and "swag" to pretty much the same popular models (who are already making way more money than everyone else), I think models would probably rather see these sites use that money to give a higher pay percentage to ALL of their models. 60% is cool, but 75% is even better (We get 80% on OnlyFans).

So unless you are top performers many hate this contests ..

Me personaly i think participating prizes are not ok maybe something like most popular / most online / and loterry 1 prize extracted from all that got atleast pay out money in a mionth it sounds ok to me .... as for fair life ain't fair and somevody wins all the time

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox

Me personaly i think participating prizes are not ok maybe something like most popular / most online / and loterry 1 prize extracted from all that got atleast pay out money in a mionth it sounds ok to me .... as for fair life ain't fair and somevody wins all the time

Yeah, no one in this thread said anything about "giving participation prizes," but okay.....🙄

Well ackshually, I am a top of page 1 performer on my platform. The vibe of my main cam platform gets turned completely upside down when they run their contests. If you missed it the first time,
I like to compete against myself first and foremost.
Not enjoying the inter-performer competition doesn't say anything about someone's earnings relative to other performers.

It's just interesting to me how you're making a bunch of threads on here asking us questions for your research, and when we give you our answers you respond with condescending shit like "Well life isn't fair." Your first post in this thread literally says...

"Do you think it's fare only top earners win more ?" (You mean "fair?")

Don't ask us questions if you're gonna give us a snarky reply. You're on this forum asking us for help, and we're trying to help you.

next thread this dude creates i say we all give him our links to pay us to reply. at this point this annoying neediness of market research and overall asshole attitude requires compensation. 🙄

*btw im a top/popular model and i dont work or participate in any contests because its not for me.

I want to point out that top earners once started out busting their ass as new models, trying, failing, persevering, innovating, creating, and eventually come to a point where they succeed and thrive. Nothing wrong with rewarding models who want to hustle and be top performers.

Top performers don’t need contests or prizes to still be considered a top performer or a good cam model.

it sounds ok to me .... as for fair life ain't fair and somevody wins all the time
Nobody asked you what anything sounds like to you... you're the one bothering us for help and answers, not the other way around.
Also kind of a pointless observation, I mean no shit life isn't fair, but the whole point of discussion is how to improve things (that are in our power to do so).
So yeah... thanks Captain Obvious.

Also for fucks sake try a spell check and or grammar browser add-on. They are free.

Last edited:
I like mfc's payout to the top 1000 models. Makes me want to hit it if I'm somewhat close to top. It's an extra $100+. Stripchat has the top 5 models every 3 hours get $5-20. I usually place on that if I had a decent night. But other contests that have voting or pit model against model, no thanks. I compete against me, myself and I.

Participation trophy... What a dumb comment...

I am doing research because i'm working for a new cam site in a specific niche and want to see from models what they like don't etc
You should have done research then to know that answers like these need to be compensated.

IMO, the way you’re going about your research is very unethical and just as we do with college students who want to research the industry or market, you need compensate our time for answers and honesty. Just a thought. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am doing research because i'm working for a new cam site in a specific niche and want to see from models what they like don't etc
You didn't think to tell us that's what our answers were being used for?? Mmmmmm 👎

And his little snarky reply in post #9 in this thread pretty much feels like he's saying he doesn't give a fuck what we think (or those of us who are lower on the totem pole). Lol. Sounds like he's gonna do what he wants to do anyway in regards to those contests, so it probably wouldn't have mattered how we answered.

He's not contributing much just mining for info.
I agree. So many people take advantage of the format of a forum but don't actually use it the way it is intended. So many just take take take, then take off!

forum =
  • a website or web page where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings.

Maybe i don't get it but if i want to find something out a forum dedicated to that subject is a good way to go
If we ask is no good if we don't we don't listen to models and that's bad ...

Status
Not open for further replies.