AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models telling members they love them :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2013
Just wondering if this is a common trick used by models to get tokens. Is it even possible for a model (a very pretty top model in my case) to actually fall in love with a perv on MFC? We talked on the phone all the time, texted every day, etc...but I feel she was lying to me. What are your thoughts and experiences.

I assume there is already a thread on this topic but there are too many topics to look through. Thanks everyone!

Protip: Instead of 'model' and 'member', try 'woman' and 'man'. Becoming a webcam model does not suddenly change a woman in to some sort of alien being who does not behave like a normal human.

Yes, it is very possible for a model to fall in love with a member. Models are attracted to members quite often, actually.

Yes, telling a member you love him just to get tokens is a common ploy. However, I would be very surprised if any woman on this forum would do such a thing. In general, I think we believe that models usually do this only when they are told to do so by their studio.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you think this woman is lying to you. Do you spend thousands of dollars on her? Do you think that you're not good enough to attract a beautiful, successful woman? Is it possible that, like Lacie, she means it as a gesture of friendship and not romantic love?

That's generally what the search function is for and you could then read various people's experiences and responses.

Love is occasionally two way on the site - it has happened.

However, my only suggestion is that if you are having to ask others about it, then you already know the answer for your own individual case :thumbleft:

But yes, it can happen. Of course it can.

There are a number of models on MFC who routinely tell me 'love you baby' etc, and it's a little bit of a pet peeve of mine though I just stay silent about it. It's actually very common, it doesn't mean they love you obviously, and to me it's an inappropriate way of saying what they're really saying which is 'thanks for the support' or 'great to see you'.

Many guys, when they first look at cams, can get quite confused about this because it IS easy to obsess a little bit over the girl you see on screen every day - esp. when you're a newbie and not quite so used to how things are on cam sites - and understandably I guess some are just WAITING for the slightest sign of interest in return and 'love you' might appear to be that sign. This is more frequently done by non-english speaking models which makes me think that a) they perhaps don't realise that it really isn't the same as 'you're one of my best customers' and/or b) it frequently increases their token income.

And like I kind of meant in my first post in this thread - remember their job is to sell you your fantasy. So if they get the hint that this is what you want to hear can you really blame them for encouraging it?

Maybe she really is romantically interested, but as they say on MFC 'I wouldn't count my bbs until they squirt'.

"I wouldn't count my bbs until they squirt" lol!

She always told me "I love you with all my heart" and that I make her very happy and that she would love to marry me. I did spend a lot of tokens on her but slowed down to see how she would react. She stayed the same. Honestly, I will admit to having trust issues and sometimes that gets in the way of thinking like a normal person which is why I try and run these things by other people to see what they think. I've had my heartbroken and I have trust issues and I always knew falling in love with lady on MFC would be a bad idea for me.

Part of me thinks she is being honest but the fucked up part of me does not think a beautiful, smart and funny woman (on MFC) would ever fall in love with a guy on MFC or even with me in real life.

Well, thank you for your responses. All of them are informative and greatly appreciated.

heartbrokenperv said:

She always told me "I love you with all my heart" and that I make her very happy and that she would love to marry me. I did spend a lot of tokens on her but slowed down to see how she would react. She stayed the same. Honestly, I will admit to having trust issues and sometimes that gets in the way of thinking like a normal person which is why I try and run these things by other people to see what they think. I've had my heartbroken and I have trust issues and I always knew falling in love with lady on MFC would be a bad idea for me.

Part of me thinks she is being honest but the fucked up part of me does not think a beautiful, smart and funny woman (on MFC) would ever fall in love with a guy on MFC or even with me in real life.

Well, thank you for your responses. All of them are informative and greatly appreciated.

When I fell in love with a member I asked him to discontinue tipping because I was serious about him. He did so, and I moved quickly.

not saying all girls are the same, but for me... i wanted him to know that I did not give a crap if he tipped or not.

i dunno, ive lost the count of how many times ive heard it really. its always in a public setting (almost anyway) so i never read anything into it other than a gesture of appreciation and friendly affection. course i always tell the people i care about that i love them, regularly and often. life is too damn short to not let someone know they are loved and appreciated. you never know if that will be the last thing you ever get to say to them, so make it count is what i say.

yeah that last part was off topic a bit, but if a model says it, then i have to figure they mean it as i mean it. the only time i would think otherwise is if they never said it to anyone else, or said it in private with something saying that they meant it otherwise.

back off topic again: whats wrong with saying you love someone? how is that a bad thing? love is a many faceted thing. we love our children, our parents, our SOs, our sibling, our friends, etc... its not like there is a pool of love inside us which drains when we speak those words. we shant run dry after 100 uses. hell i find that every time i use it my pool is deepened somewhat.
there are many models (and members) i have affection for. they make my days a little more bearable at their worst, and brighten it significantly at their best. do i fail to say it directly because of being stuck with the written medium? sure, its to easy to misunderstand the intent without verbal and visual cues. but i would if it were appropriate to do so and the person/people in question knew where i was coming from. ( yes, this means i love you , and you know who you are )

heartbrokenperv said:

I say stop tipping, tell her why, and go for it if you like her. You'll soon find out the truth either way and you only live once :dontknow:

Reactions: WickedTouch
I have stopped tipping recently. We'll see how it goes and I will keep this topic updated. She is popular and gets big tippers so I am interested to see what happens.

Jupiter551 said:
heartbrokenperv said:

I say stop tipping, tell her why, and go for it if you like her. You'll soon find out the truth either way and you only live once :dontknow:
Why play games? Why not just be blunt and say, "are you interested in meeting me and possibly starting an offline relationship?"

Should point out my friends asked me not to tip too. I still do, of course. I think they still enjoy it when I'm slipping the odd 10 token tip in here and there, but large tips are a thing of yesteryear.

The truth is that you should be able to know if it's real or not. If you're having trust issues it may indicate not knowing each other well enough (especially off site). Maybe you two already do "Facebook" and whatever and converse more away from site than on it. A desire to interact outside of "working hours" would be a good start.

But again, I stress, this also does not indicate "love" itself either. I talk with 1 model more off site than on, and another we chat and interact on Facebook and via yahoo as well as on site. I literally appear when they work for chatting and support.

*edit* - or as said above you could just try going for the plunge. Whether that'll help with confidence/trust is another matter :D

PlayboyMegan said:
Jupiter551 said:
heartbrokenperv said:

Why play games? Why not just be blunt and say, "are you interested in meeting me and possibly starting an offline relationship?"

I have and she says everything that I've discussed. We talk all the time offline on the phone, through text and IM. She says she wants to meet. The problem is that there are rumors that she has done this before to other members. I know..they are just rumors by dumbass members..but once you hear them, it's hard not to think about them. I should probably stop going on MFC chat and fulfill my loneliness and concentrate on meeting a woman in real life lol

heartbrokenperv said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Jupiter551 said:
heartbrokenperv said:

I have and she says everything that I've discussed. We talk all the time offline on the phone, through text and IM. She says she wants to meet. The problem is that there are rumors that she has done this before to other members. I know..they are just rumors by dumbass members..but once you hear them, it's hard not to think about them. I should probably stop going on MFC chat and fulfill my loneliness and concentrate on meeting a woman in real life lol

Think about MFC the same way you'd think about anything else. Moderation. Its fun, it can be a great source of interaction, but if its REPLACING real life priorities then you should probably scale back a bit. I think you should read the 99999 other threads people have started on this very topic.

heartbrokenperv said:
Right, so then the question is: "What do I have to lose?" Maybe she HAS met other members, maybe she thought she had feelings for them too. If she's asking for money, then obviously it becomes more suspect. If she's not asking for anything but your company then...why not? Idk, the fact that there's rumours doesn't make any sense to me unless they're rumours she was scamming them, and if that's the case it should be easy enough to avoid.

What are the rumours specifically? She told members she loved them/wanted to meet them/wanted to marry them and then ___________ ?

99% of the time a member is questioning whether a model really loves them or not, I think it's members over-analysing every little bit of interaction they have with a model and then mining it for meaning that isn't there. But then, there's always that 1% where the model really does like the member in the way that they'd hoped.

If she's told you she loves you, would marry you and wants to meet, I guess there's not much room for ambiguity there, so I don't think it's a case of you reading into things that aren't there (unless of course there's a context to these statements that you aren't mentioning - a running joke, sarcasm, flippancy, the model's sense of humour).

Is she a studio model? It may be stereotyping but I think I'd be at least somewhat correct in stating that studios often instruct models to tell members they love them in the hopes they will tip more.
When she talks about meeting up does she ask you to send her money so she can come to you?

I think in this instance, asking her in no uncertain terms whether she truly loves you and whether she truly wants to meet you is probably the way to go :twocents-02cents:

Yes..those are the rumors. She has never asked for money or tips. As for the context of our discussions, we were talking about us and our feelings for each other. I have been in many relationships and it appears genuine but once again, I am kinda crazy and I have a tendency to think that everyone has an ulterior motive.

well...I will take all of your advice and keep you informed. Thanks for all your help and for not criticizing me down for asking a stupid question.

Can models find someone they find attractive and might want to do something more offline with? Sure. Is it common? Probably not. I would say examples like Miss_Lollipop are more of the exception, than the rule.

Many models already have boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses already. So for those models, I would say it would be extremely rare that they would decide they wanted to leave those they are already involved with for a member.

Even some that are married/involved put single on their profiles because they think listing their actual status might be a detriment to income. I, personally, don't care if a model is married/involved, even when I take her private; privates are for the fantasy time between members and models, reality can be put on hold for a few minutes. Besides, even the involved/married ones like to know someone else finds them attractive enough to want to get off with them. ;)

There are single models, though. Truly single models.

But, I doubt the majority of truly single models would use a cam site as a way to meet a potential boyfriend. There's a few reasons for this:

• Most models block their home state/region in the first place. So the chance the member lives close enough to try to do something offline with is slim.

Models are on the sites to make money, not look for a potential mate.

Models get propositioned enough for sex on a daily basis in their rooms, that they're extremely wary about anyone who shows any sort of interest beyond that aspect, in case it's just a ruse to get sex with them. Justifiably so, IMHO

But, no matter what, it's going to need to be something discussed off MFC between you and her. And discussed in depth before either of you makes a decision.

There was also a model last year who claimed to be single but then ran off and left her husband for a member lol, then the husband hijacked her twitter account and mfc profile and used them to tell everyone she was married and cheating heh.

Reactions: LadyLuna and SNATCH
southsamurai said:
i dunno, ive lost the count of how many times ive heard it really. its always in a public setting (almost anyway) so i never read anything into it other than a gesture of appreciation and friendly affection. course i always tell the people i care about that i love them, regularly and often. life is too damn short to not let someone know they are loved and appreciated. you never know if that will be the last thing you ever get to say to them, so make it count is what i say.

yeah that last part was off topic a bit, but if a model says it, then i have to figure they mean it as i mean it. the only time i would think otherwise is if they never said it to anyone else, or said it in private with something saying that they meant it otherwise.

back off topic again: whats wrong with saying you love someone? how is that a bad thing? love is a many faceted thing. we love our children, our parents, our SOs, our sibling, our friends, etc... its not like there is a pool of love inside us which drains when we speak those words. we shant run dry after 100 uses. hell i find that every time i use it my pool is deepened somewhat.
there are many models (and members) i have affection for. they make my days a little more bearable at their worst, and brighten it significantly at their best. do i fail to say it directly because of being stuck with the written medium? sure, its to easy to misunderstand the intent without verbal and visual cues. but i would if it were appropriate to do so and the person/people in question knew where i was coming from. ( yes, this means i love you , and you know who you are )

I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR THIS POST!!

I tell some of my regs that I love them. They all know that I don't mean I am IN LOVE WITH THEM... Like, the kind that means we are going to run away into the sunset forever. LOL. I do say it frequently enough to people, esp when they make me laugh my ass off, but I am almost positive, that the way I say it, everyone knows that I don't mean it LIKE THAT. There are so many different kinds of love. You can love a friend, very unlike the same way you love a lover, etc. && I always think it's good to tell the people you care about, that you care for them. Well, maybe not ALWAYS, but you get my drift. I've never once told someone I loved them in order to jip tokens out of them, or played under false pretenses of that nature to get tokens. Not my gig.

SNATCH said:
I tell some of my regs that I love them. They all know that I don't mean I am IN LOVE WITH THEM....

wait... what??? you're telling me that every love letter i've written.. every time my heart was exposed... you were not actually in love with me?
excuse me while i sit in the corner and cry for a bit.. :angry2:

Reactions: SNATCH and LadyLuna
Jupiter551 said:
heartbrokenperv said:
Right, so then the question is: "What do I have to lose?" Maybe she HAS met other members, maybe she thought she had feelings for them too. If she's asking for money, then obviously it becomes more suspect. If she's not asking for anything but your company then...why not? Idk, the fact that there's rumours doesn't make any sense to me unless they're rumours she was scamming them, and if that's the case it should be easy enough to avoid.

Does this model ask a lot of questions about the health of your kidneys? That might be a warning sign.

heartbrokenperv said:
Just wondering if this is a common trick used by models to get tokens. Is it even possible for a model (a very pretty top model in my case) to actually fall in love with a perv on MFC? We talked on the phone all the time, texted every day, etc...but I feel she was lying to me. What are your thoughts and experiences.

I assume there is already a thread on this topic but there are too many topics to look through. Thanks everyone!

I would not say it is common, but it is something to take into account. It does and has happened. What you have to realize is this happens in "real life" too. It is really no different than dating someone and they enjoy being taken to dinner and shows but they still might not like you as much as they intimate or say. Generally is easier to separate the good from the bad when having in person contact with someone, but it is not always the case.

Good advice has been given here. If you really want to know how you stand with her you need to go meet her. If there starts to be excuses or putting off the meeting, then I think you will know what is the truth. Until then, you can stop tipping and having contact on MFC, see if things change. You will have to be patient though, it is not always something that will be evident right away.

You would not be posting here if you did not have doubts or have been seeing obvious red flags. Don't ignore those feelings or signs. Unless you are overly paranoid about other things in life. :lol: Sadly, if there are rumors of this happening before it doesn't bode well in my opinion. Strangely, members do not talk as much to each other as you would think and that is something some of the more unscrupulous models will try to take advantage of too. Talking in PMs to some members has been very enlightening concerning some models. :eek:

Just Me said:
If there starts to be excuses or putting off the meeting, then I think you will know what is the truth.

I want to point this out as something that is extremely important to take note of.

I'll use myself as an example, so you all can laugh at what happened if you want...

A few years back, I started talking to a woman online, a lot. She actually started the hitting on me. We were able to see each other on video chat, etc. So it isn't like she didn't know what I looked like, and such.

A few months go by, and we decide to meet. I knew it was hard for her to come up to me, because her daughter had just had a baby. So we decided I'd fly down to Miami for a weekend. We made plans, and I paid for the flight over a month ahead of time. We were talking every day via text/phone, as well as on the video chat.

The week before I was to fly down, she started asking me if I could change the date. I was like, no, I can't change my flight or hotel reservation, now. She gave me a story some friends she used to live near wanted to visit that weekend, and I was like, 'um, we've had this weekend set for over a month.'

So, the following Thursday I fly down to Miami. She picks me up from the airport, takes me to my hotel on Miami Beach and I already knew she had to work on Friday, so I probably wouldn't see her, really, until Saturday. Saturday comes, we go out to dinner, talk for a while, and she says she has to get home because she was trying to finalize a car purchase with a dealer the next morning.

So, Sunday, around 4 PM I text her and ask how things went at the dealer. She says she never made it, some friends rented a PPV boxing match at her house and she got so drunk she was too hung over to get to the car dealership. At this point, I'm like WTF?!?! You told me you had to get something done in the morning, so you couldn't hang out for longer the night before, then you get home and get so shit faced you can barely answer texts?

At this point I'm furious.

Monday I barely hear two words from her. So, I decide to find a local strip club and at least see some bewbs. I mean, I'm in fucking Miami after all. The hottest stripper in the club walks up to me, and convinces me to get a couch dance. I take it. The most fun I had over the entire 5 days I was in Miami was the hot Russian stripper deciding to give me a hand job during the couch dance... at no extra charge.

Tuesday comes, and she picks me up and takes me to the airport so I can fly home. She's all like 'well, we didn't get to spend a lot of time together this weekend, but maybe next time.' Of course, I already knew there would be no next time.

She continued to text me for a few weeks afterwards. I didn't answer for weeks; until she said 'you're mad at me, aren't you?' I responded simply by saying 'what do you think? How would you feel if you flew up here to see me and over the 5 days you were here, I spent 5 hours with you, and an hour of that was the car ride to and from the airport?' She kept trying to talk to me, but I just never answered.

I was 35 at the time. She was 40. I felt, truthfully, we were both far too old for those sort of games. It doesn't matter that she was smoking hot, with a body a lot of 20 year old girls would kill for. Those types of games aren't for me. Especially when I had just wasted 5 days of my life.

So, to anyone, if you decide to go meet someone from online, and they start trying to change the dates, give excuses, etc. Just forget about it. It's obvious they don't actually want to do anything with you. Don't waste your money, and especially your time.

Ironically, i was shortly after that, that I was told about MFC. At least there, I know what I'm getting. And I know there is a level of emotional detachment I need to maintain. Even with the models who gave me their phone numbers and we text just to talk; there's still a level of emotional detachment I keep. We may have fun, talk, text, etc. But I make no illusions to myself that it might go any further.

Models are indeed real people as well, and even though there are some, hell maybe even quite a few that will play those games and try to lure members into falling for them, just to use them, most of us aren't like that.

I sometimes tell my guys i love them. But not in a sensual 'I'm in love with you' way. Usually it's after a goofy joke or a big tip that i'll throw out a big smiley " I love you man!" or tell the room 'I love you guys, you rock!' But they understand it's all friendly.

I have heard stories from some of my regs of the models that tend to play their members. One story I have is from a Reg who fell in love with a model who said she loved him too, and they proceeded to organize a meet. He had of course spent TONS of money on her throughout the time, and had agreed to fly to her. Well he flew half way across the world to meet this girl, and the airport she had him fly into was 5 hours from her house (he didn't know that until he arrived and called her), she (Of course) couldn't make it to pick him up. So he rented a car and drove to her house. She then proceeded to not answer the door and had all the lights off. He went to a hotel and tried calling her again and she said she would meet him for dinner. They went to dinner, and after that she ditched him. He was alone, in another country for a week. And only saw her the one night for dinner.
THAT is fucked up!
I can't believe anyone would do that, but sadly, it does happen.

I certainly hope that's not the case here, as i wouldn't wish that upon anyone. But beware that it has happened :(

Rayne said:
Models are indeed real people as well, and even though there are some, hell maybe even quite a few that will play those games and try to lure members into falling for them, just to use them, most of us aren't like that.

I sometimes tell my guys i love them. But not in a sensual 'I'm in love with you' way. Usually it's after a goofy joke or a big tip that i'll throw out a big smiley " I love you man!" or tell the room 'I love you guys, you rock!' But they understand it's all friendly.

I have heard stories from some of my regs of the models that tend to play their members. One story I have is from a Reg who fell in love with a model who said she loved him too, and they proceeded to organize a meet. He had of course spent TONS of money on her throughout the time, and had agreed to fly to her. Well he flew half way across the world to meet this girl, and the airport she had him fly into was 5 hours from her house (he didn't know that until he arrived and called her), she (Of course) couldn't make it to pick him up. So he rented a car and drove to her house. She then proceeded to not answer the door and had all the lights off. He went to a hotel and tried calling her again and she said she would meet him for dinner. They went to dinner, and after that she ditched him. He was alone, in another country for a week. And only saw her the one night for dinner.
THAT is fucked up!
I can't believe anyone would do that, but sadly, it does happen.

I certainly hope that's not the case here, as i wouldn't wish that upon anyone. But beware that it has happened :(
I heard a vaguely similar tale about a model who met the member, took the gifts he brought dropped him off at a hotel and then had some excuse about a sudden family illness and ditched him for the rest of the week.

The only way you can judge someone on the likelyhood of something they haven't yet done are a) history (if you don't know their past history this is off the table) and b) motive - what do they have to gain?

You can have motive without history or previous occurence, but in a situation like this you can't have a scam or trick without a motive.

If she doesn't have a motive she's either honest or crazy, and that's just a regular person - you have to take some chances with every person.

Status
Not open for further replies.