AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Moderator privileges

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2021
Hello everyone any info would be helpful to me thanks, can Chaturbate moderators with advanced privileges see all private messages and tip notes?

Nobody can see private messages, except Chaturbate staff and, of course, the sender and receiver of a message.

Tip Notes are pretty private as well, with one exception: Apps and bots can subscribe for seeing tip notes, and some apps and bots pass a lot of information to privileged users like moderators and the broadcaster.

Most apps and bots respect the privacy, and so do my apps. I would even commit a crime by using the privileges of an app to break what German laws call Post- und Fernmeldegeheimnis - Secrecy of mail and telecommunication.

I'm all for keeping the ability of mods to do anything whatsoever very limited. And I say that as one. The CB platform only allows a mod to silence for 6 hours, nothing more. Even then, this ability can be abused.
Apps/bots can apply several higher levels of access to selected moderators, but my opinion (fwiw) is that a broadcaster would need to have 100% confidence in a mod, and a long history of trust, before considering that.

Also it would to me seem very intrusive. I dont know that many cammers that are so busy they would need a mod to handle all that stuff for her/him.

As a mod as well the worst thing is to become a barrier between the model and her token paying public.

I have seen too many mods answer questions in chat or involve themselves with the interactions.

If a model is getting abuse via private messages or tip notes they can report it or ignore it. Not sure what extra help a mod can have in this area.

=========================
Chat stuff I see that make me cringe

User: How old are you BB ?
Mod: She is 24
Her: I am 24
User: You want to go to PVT BB ?
Mod: Her PM is 12 tokens. And don't call her BB
Her: Sure baby.
========================

Imagine if the user was sending tip-notes or stuff that a mod could intercept - Nooooooo LOL

Thanks a lot for the information this is very good to know, my favorite model who I spend a lot of time with has a mod who has a comment for every new user that shows up there, to make it even more annoying the mod has friends there who are fan club members who comment at the same time and the new user just leaves. This cam model fully trusts her mod but I don't think she fully understands what is going on because her English is not perfect. Thanks again everyone for your answers.

Thanks a lot for the information this is very good to know, my favorite model who I spend a lot of time with has a mod who has a comment for every new user that shows up there, to make it even more annoying the mod has friends there who are fan club members who comment at the same time and the new user just leaves. This cam model fully trusts her mod but I don't think she fully understands what is going on because her English is not perfect. Thanks again everyone for your answers.
Does this situation relate to your original question? For example, you want to PM or TN the model about the mod, but want to know if the mod will be able to see what you write?
That 'boy's club' style of moderating can be annoying, but it is the model's room and their choice entirely how they run things and who they appoint to help.
Be prepared that no matter how good your interactions, this could backfire if you're taken to be interfering, even if it is well intended.

She (model) already knows how I feel about the mod and these users, I would never do anything that would have a negative effect on her income. When I asked her about PM and TN she did not know for sure because she doesn't fully understand the bot because of her limited english and the text translator for her language isn't very good. Original question was for me and her both. She is not comfortable using this forum because of the language barrier, I'm happy to have found this place it seems like there are good people here.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Status
Not open for further replies.