AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Moderators

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2010
Hi all
i was recently on CB and entered a models room, very nice and pretty, she had not earned many tokens and i was going too tip just to be polite
there was about 20 people in her room but i noticed she had about 9 Moderators in the room, which put me off and i left
does anyone no why a girl needs that many Moderators, just curious

Many Thanks

Hi all
i was recently on CB and entered a models room, very nice and pretty, she had not earned many tokens and i was going too tip just to be polite
there was about 20 people in her room but i noticed she had about 9 Moderators in the room, which put me off and i left

Many Thanks

Good question. I'm not sure if models do that just in case the original moderator isn't in her room when she's live...so the others are backup? 😂 Or if these are a bunch of dudes who tipped her a lot, and said "Can you make me your moderator, bb?" 🙄 I do think it's pretty silly though.

Hi all

Many Thanks

I know of a few models that make members moderators just to utilize the color-coding of usernames. They wanted to make their best tippers/favorite chatters red, not because they needed a lot of mods, but as a way of visually setting them apart on the user list.

Not sure if that’s common but I know it happens.

Some models seem to do it with anyone who is a regular and talks and/or tips her often, this includes greys who are always there and talking every day.
Or it could have been other model friends (if she is in a studio for example), I see that enough times.

I would have done the same as you, and I would have backed out.

Was the chat full of the "tip tip tip" and all other images?
if so, then it's a sure sign they are all grey users who are there every day and she just decided to make them red, or maybe she thinks making lots of them red is good..

Or some models even have "be moderator" as a tip menu item, sometimes reasonably cheap, sometimes expensive.

Some models seem to do it with anyone who is a regular and talks and/or tips her often, this includes greys who are always there and talking every day.
Or it could have been other model friends (if she is in a studio for example), I see that enough times.

I would have done the same as you, and I would have backed out.

Was the chat full of the "tip tip tip" and all other images?
if so, then it's a sure sign they are all grey users who are there every day and she just decided to make them red, or maybe she thinks making lots of them red is good..

Or some models even have "be moderator" as a tip menu item, sometimes reasonably cheap, sometimes expensive.
just one moderator who was loading images and it was the same image about every half hour, there was no moderator tip menu

Reactions: NotYou
Nobody really needs a moderator at all, but the model may choose to appoint one for many reasons, some of those reasons have already been mentioned.
Sometimes it is obvious that having a subtle moderator presence in the room can reduce behaviour such as crude comments, rudeness, requests and demands. And this lets the model focus on their show and give attention to the tippers.
But it can also harm the room, especially if the moderator is overtly on a power trip or a serial GIF spammer, and in such cases, I would not be so comfortable hanging around.
In the OP's example, 9/20 in the room being mods seems ridiculous (a 'Modfest'?) and I would wonder what was going on there.

Certainly as mod for a good friend, on the occasions that another one joins the room, I will ask her to revoke my mod status to avoid the appearance of being mod-heavy.
Good regulars can help out just as much in the room; the only 'benefit' of a mod is the ability to mute/silence and/or report quickly if the model is very busy and something offensive is going on.
But as always, there has to be trust between the model and the reg/mod to follow the room rules and be consistent.

Last edited:
Hi all
I don't see why the presence of many mods should make one decide to leave the room unless one usually behaves in such a manner as to raise the ire of mods. (This does not sound like your usual way of operating)

just one moderator who was loading images and it was the same image about every half hour, there was no moderator tip menu
So were the other mods behaving "badly"? One gif per 30 minutes doesn't sound bad to me, and I hate all the visual graffiti that CB allows (it's one of the reasons I do not use CB but I am a SC user instead)

As to why 9 mods? well camming is a global world we all sleep at different "times" ;) ), It may just be that you were in her room on the rare occasion when all of her mods were visiting.

My model friend on SC has 9 knights (same as mods on CB, I think) and it is rare that more than 4 of us are in her room at the same time. But it has happened in the past that briefly during her shift most of us have been there.

As knights for my friend we generally allow her to concentrate solely on her show by keeping conversation in the room ticking over (it is generally a chatty room), keeping idiots inline and announcing (just text, SC doesn't have gifs thank god) informational things for her. My friend is not a native English speaker so having some knights who are, takes some pressure off her.

I know many models and even users, do not see a need for knights or mods, but I must say that most times I enter a room with no knights, the odds are that the chat will be full of idiots both grey and even some coloured users, either being stupid or inappropriate (this is something that drives me from a room, not the presence of knights). Of course I acknowledge that some rooms with knights are not as welcoming as they could be. I have even felt "unwelcome" in rooms that were actually populated by friendly knights and regulars who obviously know and respect each other and the model, one such room made me feel like I was the new kid trying to break into the highschool cool kids clique. They were not rude or unfriendly, just that I felt it was impossible to become a part of the conversation, it was like I had come into a particularly opaque Ingmar Bergman film 15 minutes from the end with no idea of what was going on. :)

Reactions: adidas1966
The model i frequent just has her friends as knights really. People that have known her for a long time. I'm one if them. We usually don't do much. Lol. Unless it's an obvious rude comment.

Reactions: Ozzie_
I don't see why the presence of many mods should make one decide to leave the room unless one usually behaves in such a manner as to raise the ire of mods. (This does not sound like your usual way of operating)

So were the other mods behaving "badly"? One gif per 30 minutes doesn't sound bad to me, and I hate all the visual graffiti that CB allows (it's one of the reasons I do not use CB but I am a SC user instead)

As to why 9 mods? well camming is a global world we all sleep at different "times" ;) ), It may just be that you were in her room on the rare occasion when all of her mods were visiting.

My model friend on SC has 9 knights (same as mods on CB, I think) and it is rare that more than 4 of us are in her room at the same time. But it has happened in the past that briefly during her shift most of us have been there.

As knights for my friend we generally allow her to concentrate solely on her show by keeping conversation in the room ticking over (it is generally a chatty room), keeping idiots inline and announcing (just text, SC doesn't have gifs thank god) informational things for her. My friend is not a native English speaker so having some knights who are, takes some pressure off her.

I know many models and even users, do not see a need for knights or mods, but I must say that most times I enter a room with no knights, the odds are that the chat will be full of idiots both grey and even some coloured users, either being stupid or inappropriate (this is something that drives me from a room, not the presence of knights). Of course I acknowledge that some rooms with knights are not as welcoming as they could be. I have even felt "unwelcome" in rooms that were actually populated by friendly knights and regulars who obviously know and respect each other and the model, one such room made me feel like I was the new kid trying to break into the highschool cool kids clique. They were not rude or unfriendly, just that I felt it was impossible to become a part of the conversation, it was like I had come into a particularly opaque Ingmar Bergman film 15 minutes from the end with no idea of what was going on. :)

The model i frequent just has her friends as knights really. People that have known her for a long time. I'm one if them. We usually don't do much. Lol. Unless it's an obvious rude comment.

A lot of knights will be invisible though so it's not as overbearing for users, plus they only have a little badge which don't stand out as much as bold red names on CB, so I don't really mind so many knights in a room. But maybe that's also because the "rules/criteria/expectations" for Moderators (CB) vs Knights (sc) are quite different. Mods on CB have always been to basically annoy the room users with "tip tip" and other stuff (which can be fine, of course), and where as SC Knights, it's usually given as a privilege (even if it is every red name that comes to the model's room and tips 1 token lol)

Edit:
it could just be the fact I have had so much more bad experiences with mods than I have with knights. Obviously you at least need to buy Ultimate to be made Knight, where as most mods on Cb are greys who never have and never will tip or do anything for the model

Interesting. I posted this in another thread, but it is more relevant here. I am friends with a model who works in a Russian studio. I was. and still am very interested in being a Knight in her SC room, but I have never seen one there. In fact, I have never seen a moderator in her room on any of the sites she streams on. So last week, I asked if she could have Knights in her SC room. She looked confused. and started typing furiously. After a few minutes, she replied "Have to ask admins". I dropped it, but I can't help wondering if she is that uninformed, or if her studio is so controlling she can't even choose her own mods. Perhaps both?

Obviously you at least need to buy Ultimate to be made Knight, where as most mods on Cb are greys who never have and never will tip or do anything for the model

I don’t think that’s necessarily true.

I don’t doubt that it may be your experience (everyone visits different rooms and sees different things, etc). But in my experience, moderators are often regular tippers. Sometimes they’re studio helpers (monitors or even other models helping one another), in which case it makes sense that they’re not tipping. And yes, I have seen my share of greys that talked their way into mod status… I just don’t think it’s most mods.

I’m a mod in one room currently, and it’s because I’ve been visiting and tipping that model consistently for over two years. I built up a track record to where she trusts me to help out and I’ve proven I’m not a freeloader, that’s all.

I’ve been a moderator probably 10 different times. It always started because I was a consistent tipper that didn’t bring negativity to the room. I was never a moderator as a grey user (it’s hard enough getting a model to say more than hello when you’re a grey user, much less be granted moderator privileges).

The only time I could see a model really needing a mod is if they have a crazy busy room and they need help running ticket shows and timers or other fiddly bot commands that can gum up the flow of a show.

My partner was my mod on CB and he literally had nothing to do lol, I think he muted like one very hostile troll one time because he noticed it before I did.

That being said I've noticed some models who don't moderate AT ALL and it's equally off putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.