AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Morning person or night owl?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when i was in school, a total morning person. now not at all. i prefer the evenings and nights. much more productive imo.

Reactions: EvaRomania
I was forced to be a morning person in school lol
I had a strategy for morning classes called 'pre-napping'... like pre-game, but for napping. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually horrible for the body, but it let me enjoy the nights, so I rolled with it 🙂
- Take a nap after all classes (so in the evening) for 4-5 hours.
- Wake up sometime around night, feeling wide awake. Now you can stay awake most of the night feeling refreshed.
- Take another nap around a few hours before you need to get ready.

- Take a nap after all classes (so in the evening) for 4-5 hours.
4-5 hours for a nap? (or maybe you're saying a nap at 4-5 O'clock :/)
This long is a little night for me :)
A nap is 25mins (20mins to have a restful sleep, 5 to get asleep and wake up), more is no more a nap.

When I worked on construction sites, I used to nap after dinner, to be fully operational in evening outings and sometimes go in clubs.
Then a little night of 3-4 hours to be ON at 7am to work a 10 hours' day... with a second nap around noon.
I could sustain this rhythm for months... some sites lasted barely a year, and even in far foreign countries, I didn't pay attention to time difference.
But I think I couldn't do it anymore haha. Now, I need my 8 hours daily and appreciate them more in the night and in my own bed

In 2019 I was working a day job (an all-day preschool) and an overnight temp. job (overnight stocker and store remodeler). It was BRUTAL, because I was only getting like two hours of sleep on the couch before having to get back up to get ready for the next job. And at the day job we sometimes had to go without a lunch break, because if someone called out we'd be short-staffed...and didn't have anyone to go around to cover breaks.

I adapt, I can be a night owl but also a morning (6.30 AM) person. I never go to sleep before 0.30 AM . You will get that when you get older, lol.
I only need 4-5 hours of sleep and living like this now for more than 20 years, so i guess it doesn't affect me anymore. But I'm always in for a little afternoon tuck.

But don't forget: sleep is essential for your body recovery. Everybody needs sleep, don't think you don't, Good Advise from Grandpa Nightwish :oldman:

I'm a night owl, I could easily stay up to 3/4am every night. Waking up sometimes feels like I'm easing myself out of a coma.

I got an SAD alarm clock though and it's made a huge difference. I still don't like mornings but they're a little less traumatic now.
same, it's a pain sometimes! I should look into one for myself instead of scrolling on twitter for 2 hours every morning lol

i tried a week of working at late hours and went to bed at 3-4 am. What I can say about this is that I feel more tired during the day even in my free days .
There is a fantastic book called Why We Sleep (also the neuroscientist who wrote it was a guest on Joe Rogan's podcast, and has a TED talk on this: Matthew Walker); the hours of 10pm-2am are the only hours in which the body gets proper, nourishing, restorative sleep. It is all down to circadian rhythms....so, for example, even if you went to bed at 3 am and slept 10 hours, you would be tired, because you missed those crucial 4 hours of sleep, in whihc the body gets replenished in a way no others can replenish it. The ideal sleep time is 10pm-6am for humans, because of our circadian rhythms. There are some (few) outliers who are proper night owls and thrive on sleeping late, but most of us need to be asleep by 10/11pm in order to get the sleep we need to have good health.

It is why the Netherlands now classes night shift work as a carcinogenic; as harmful to health as smoking 20 cigarettes a day (the long term inpacts of not getting those hours have been proved to be heart issues, strokes, cancers etc. all documented in the book, in long lasting studies).

Crazy and interesting stuff...after reading it and realising my camming schedule of working till 2/3am every night was the reason I was always ill, and felt a sort of low level 'sadness' I couldn't shake, I now go to bed at 9pm, get up at 5am, and work days. I look younger, I am happier and healthier....it has has such an impact on me...and I say this as a woman who always called herself a 'Night Owl' before and loved missing sleep to party all weekend (up until late 30s anyway lol).

Just thought I would share that info! I am sure others who are night owls thrive, and am not saying everyone has to be in bed by 10pm....gosh, what a boring world it would be if we all were! I am looking forward to some all nighters when covid is over, dancing on dancefloors and having way too much fun :)

There is a fantastic book called Why We Sleep (also the neuroscientist who wrote it was a guest on Joe Rogan's podcast, and has a TED talk on this: Matthew Walker); the hours of 10pm-2am are the only hours in which the body gets proper, nourishing, restorative sleep. It is all down to circadian rhythms....so, for example, even if you went to bed at 3 am and slept 10 hours, you would be tired, because you missed those crucial 4 hours of sleep, in whihc the body gets replenished in a way no others can replenish it. The ideal sleep time is 10pm-6am for humans, because of our circadian rhythms. There are some (few) outliers who are proper night owls and thrive on sleeping late, but most of us need to be asleep by 10/11pm in order to get the sleep we need to have good health.

It is why the Netherlands now classes night shift work as a carcinogenic; as harmful to health as smoking 20 cigarettes a day (the long term inpacts of not getting those hours have been proved to be heart issues, strokes, cancers etc. all documented in the book, in long lasting studies).

Crazy and interesting stuff...after reading it and realising my camming schedule of working till 2/3am every night was the reason I was always ill, and felt a sort of low level 'sadness' I couldn't shake, I now go to bed at 9pm, get up at 5am, and work days. I look younger, I am happier and healthier....it has has such an impact on me...and I say this as a woman who always called herself a 'Night Owl' before and loved missing sleep to party all weekend (up until late 30s anyway lol).

Just thought I would share that info! I am sure others who are night owls thrive, and am not saying everyone has to be in bed by 10pm....gosh, what a boring world it would be if we all were! I am looking forward to some all nighters when covid is over, dancing on dancefloors and having way too much fun :)

I totally agree
+ depression and anxiety at high levels as a night owl
So I put health first

Reactions: DhaWerda

Thank you for your answer,I love it

Not sure if this is right place to post this but first I am a guy, been around Chaturbate for 3 or 4 years. At Chaturbate I don't think the question should be whether you are a night time or Morning person, but what time is the best time to make money. This is my opinion only, everyone knows or should that you should strive to be on page 1 or 2. A lot of users never venture past 1st 2 pages, Best time, I would say, 9-5, with breaks. Why, several reasons, daytime viewers (Most of them) have already made their money, Are single/divorced or wife/girlfriends are gone to work that leaves them time to play. Their is a huge tipping difference in daytime verses night time.
Nighttime you see a lot of 1 token tipping, a very lot, most night time users are workers (6-12PM) they have jobs, some don't make much and some have to get to bed early to be ready for work the next day.
If I were a Camgirl, I would use the night time to advance in pages as you move more quickly at night time (Advance in pages) That is if, (My opinion also) Your Tip Menu prices are not to high and your camera window is not surrounded by Gold Digger Icons, i.e.: WhatsApp, Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram , Kik, Amazon Wishlist or Gift Cards. Girls, users come to Chaturbate to see you, not all the banners in camera window or all gimme money icons all around camera window, put all that in BIO page below camera window, I've seen some rooms that plain look crazy, you can barely see model.
Tip Menu prices, (My opinion again) I am for every girl at Chaturbate to make as much as you can, but (There's always one of them) I'm for low prices on tip menu, when I say low, I mean very low, Why, depending on how low prices are will determine how many users you have in your room and how many followers you have. Let me give you example, say your Tip Menu has Squirt on it for 300 tokens, My price would be 150 tokens, why, say you are tipped 2 times at 300 tokens during time broadcasting, the next day you reduce price to 150 tokens and are tipped 10 times for Squirt, who wins. The way you tell if any item on tip menu is overpriced is do users tip often for it or does it (Sit on the shelf), If it sits on shelf, reduce price until it starts selling. The main reason for having low prices is you are going to have more users, because of much lower prices than other girls, will have more users, you will make more money, and most of all will advance closer to front page faster than other girls.
I would do the above at night to start as you will advance towards front page faster at night, when you reach front page at night 7PM-?, slowly work yourself towards 3PM in afternoon till ?, then after awhile, earlier, when you reach front page of day time, do not forget what got you here, now you can raise prices some, make some real money, but keep Gold Digger Icons and banners off camera window, users come to see you, not all that crap. (Again, my Opinion).

I'd really LOVE to be a morning person, but I'm an 'I can stay up and happily work until 3 am' person. Tried to train myself to wake up early but it just doesn't happen.

Same!
The thought of a really beautiful, productive morning is just :happy: But at heart, I know I'm a night owl.

Not sure if this is right place to post this but first I am a guy, been around Chaturbate for 3 or 4 years. At Chaturbate I don't think the question should be whether you are a night time or Morning person, but what time is the best time to make money. This is my opinion only, everyone knows or should that you should strive to be on page 1 or 2. A lot of users never venture past 1st 2 pages, Best time, I would say, 9-5, with breaks. Why, several reasons, daytime viewers (Most of them) have already made their money, Are single/divorced or wife/girlfriends are gone to work that leaves them time to play. Their is a huge tipping difference in daytime verses night time.
Nighttime you see a lot of 1 token tipping, a very lot, most night time users are workers (6-12PM) they have jobs, some don't make much and some have to get to bed early to be ready for work the next day.
If I were a Camgirl, I would use the night time to advance in pages as you move more quickly at night time (Advance in pages) That is if, (My opinion also) Your Tip Menu prices are not to high and your camera window is not surrounded by Gold Digger Icons, i.e.: WhatsApp, Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram , Kik, Amazon Wishlist or Gift Cards. Girls, users come to Chaturbate to see you, not all the banners in camera window or all gimme money icons all around camera window, put all that in BIO page below camera window, I've seen some rooms that plain look crazy, you can barely see model.
Tip Menu prices, (My opinion again) I am for every girl at Chaturbate to make as much as you can, but (There's always one of them) I'm for low prices on tip menu, when I say low, I mean very low, Why, depending on how low prices are will determine how many users you have in your room and how many followers you have. Let me give you example, say your Tip Menu has Squirt on it for 300 tokens, My price would be 150 tokens, why, say you are tipped 2 times at 300 tokens during time broadcasting, the next day you reduce price to 150 tokens and are tipped 10 times for Squirt, who wins. The way you tell if any item on tip menu is overpriced is do users tip often for it or does it (Sit on the shelf), If it sits on shelf, reduce price until it starts selling. The main reason for having low prices is you are going to have more users, because of much lower prices than other girls, will have more users, you will make more money, and most of all will advance closer to front page faster than other girls.
I would do the above at night to start as you will advance towards front page faster at night, when you reach front page at night 7PM-?, slowly work yourself towards 3PM in afternoon till ?, then after awhile, earlier, when you reach front page of day time, do not forget what got you here, now you can raise prices some, make some real money, but keep Gold Digger Icons and banners off camera window, users come to see you, not all that crap. (Again, my Opinion).
It depends on where you are from too. When is night in Romania,is day time in US. So night time works better for me for traffic than mornings when is 12am in US.

Reactions: bamdicted

I tried again for a week to be a night owl. The earnings are a bit better,but is it worthed? I feel tired and bad mood, even if I sleep for 9 hours I wake up tired and not fresh. :(

I tried again for a week to be a night owl. The earnings are a bit better,but is it worthed? I feel tired and bad mood, even if I sleep for 9 hours I wake up tired and not fresh. :(
I hear you! I tried again recently to do a few night shifts and felt so drained! I hope when the summer comes and the nights are longer it'll be easier to stay up and my body clock will be more obliging! Maybe I can do two weeks of days then one week of nights, then a week off to recover lol. I still have never cracked it, after over 18 months lol

I hear you! I tried again recently to do a few night shifts and felt so drained! I hope when the summer comes and the nights are longer it'll be easier to stay up and my body clock will be more obliging! Maybe I can do two weeks of days then one week of nights, then a week off to recover lol. I still have never cracked it, after over 18 months lol
well,I better work more hours in the morning and during the day and sleep good and feel good. We are important too.

I got up at 5am and was online from 7 so I feel proud of myself for that and hopefully just putting extra hours will be the winner, as I will feel fresher from a good night's sleep! I agree, we are important too!! x

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
How is your routine?
Morning person for life! I'm a sociopath and go to bed at like 8-9P and wake up at like 5A. I'm just wired that way. So when I was on MFC full time I was a day time girl. I don't think one is better than the other, it's whatever works for you. My routine...(NO phone first thing in the morning until I do this)....wake up. water. coffee. work out. breakfast. shower. meditate. get ready for the day. THEN check my emails/socials. Post on socials. At that point I always have a mega to do list so I get started on my tasks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.