1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Question

Discussion in 'Ask-a-Model!' started by corpsekitten, Apr 28, 2018.

1. corpsekitten

Cam Model

(so sorry I know this has been asked before but I need advice specific to my situation)
    So I’m finally moving into an apartment with just my bf (we’ve lived together with 2 different sets of roommates since 2016). But I don’t have pay stubs to prove income so I know I’ll need to print out my bank deposits. For a job I usually just say that I’m a freelance graphic designer but since my deposits have MFC and MV on them I’m concerned that it isn’t believable. I do also have my bf’s pay stubs and good credit too so that will help, but I’m worried that my employment isn’t believable and I’m gonna mess up my chances (which I can’t afford to do with a ton of applications since each app fee is like $50+) so better to ask, you know? :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. AudriTwo

Cam Model

Bank statements. Highlight deposits to prove. Explain to them it's paperless if they question. If you've been camming for awhile, you also have you 1099's

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. peacheepie

Cam Model

Are they able to discriminate based on occupation? What you're doing is legal, so I would think they can't argue that you don't valid income.

4. corpsekitten

Cam Model

I do have 1099s but I don’t think I’ll include them since it might hurt my chances. I made next to nothing last year (not even enough to owe taxes) but I’m making more than 3x that now since I’ve stepped up my game

• Like Like x 4
  5. corpsekitten

Cam Model

They shouldn’t be able to, but they do. It’s a small very religious town and they would likely deny me since they don’t have to give a reason not to pick you. It’s pretty sad :(

• Hugs Hugs x 4
    • Aw, that stinks. Sorry. Aw, that stinks. Sorry. x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. corpsekitten

Cam Model

Also, I should note that I have no credit. I only use a debit card, but my bf has good credit

7. SaffronBurke

Cam Model

If you're moving with someone who has good credit, they'll be more likely to let yours slide. I moved into my current place with a current eviction on my record and AWFUL credit, but my roommate has fantastic credit and they didn't even require that I have a co-signer, they just straight-up accepted us.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. corpsekitten

Cam Model

Oh god I just realized that it’s $50+ per applicant :sweating: This is about to be the most painful slew of rejection of my life lol I could easily drop 1k just applying for places and never getting a call back

• Hugs Hugs x 3
  9. JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander

They would have no legal trouble discriminating based on the job a person has.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chrisjr333

While the work is legal, the complex management can decide that they don’t want that type of work going on in their apartment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Chrisjr333

When I moved in to my current place I had a awful credit score, but I was able to show that my income was more than sufficient to cover the rent

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  12. Sierra Sage

Cam Model

I put freelance graphic designer on my applications and have had no problems getting accepted for apartments. What I usually do is compile a PDF of only the first page of my bank statements, the page that just shows total deposits/withdrawals for the month. This way they are only seeing the amount I get paid monthly but not where it comes from so it’s not up for scrutinization. Not sure if this works everywhere but I’ve never had an issue with it as long as I am making 2.5-3x the rent and I usually have fair/good credit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. Starbbw

Cam Model

I'm having Same problem I didn't work as much because I had a bb. Now my 1099 is non existent and I have no legit proof of income. I need to start doing everything by the book. I wish I would have realized this when I was a new at camming. I would have done it all legal begal if u know what I mean. Doing things the legal way now but the transition is tough. I think as a fetish niche model its easy to get cuaght up in pay apps when your using skype. Now im all legal tryingtto get my cam score up .so hopefully next year I'll have 1099 enough to cover an apt.in Az they require your tax return they won't take bank statement, well the apts I've tried. I don't think every state is as strict. In Michigan they didn't care ,they just wanted deposit and first months rent .good luck with this I hope u find a way around it . I'll let u know if I do.

• Hugs Hugs x 2
  14. pussyboy_prince

Cam Model

Have you thought about filing for an LLC? Then you can say that you own a small business and show the paperwork as proof. Just adds another layer of legitimacy to your self-employment, as well as opens up new business-related banking options for you.

15. DejaElectra

Cam Model

What a place will and won't accept is really on a case by case basis. If you explain your situation most places will take a good credit report, a copy of your most recent tax return, and a bank statement.

Some places are more lenient than others, for instance, I've told landlords I was an unemployed trust fund kid and they rented to me with just proof I had money in the bank, but my current place won't let anyone with bad credit move in even with a co-signer and a roommate.

If you have the money to give a couple months upfront as a deposit (make sure it's a deposit and not them just pocketing the money) when looking at places let them know, they might be more inclined to rent to you over other applicants.

They can reject you based on your job unfortunately, there's no law against it, so when possible it's best to keep who you're earning from quiet. If they find out you can just run with the lie and tell them you just happen to do graphic design or marketing for that company.

To prevent future headaches it's probably a good idea to get a secured credit card and put some utilities in your name to start building your credit and incorporate yourself as an LLC, it will make searching for housing way easier down the road.

16. BiancaBaker

Cam Model

I purchased with no credit my hubby has a 908 credit score though so honestly as long as he has credit you should be fine with an apartment. I gave them my 1099's along with 6 months of bank statements for the mortgage and was fine.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. corpsekitten

Cam Model

One more question, I’m using screenshots of my bank deposits as proof of income and it says where the money is coming from right on the transaction. Is it more sketchy to show where it’s coming from or to cross it out? There is no way to crop it out and my bank can’t print just deposits

18. corpsekitten

Cam Model

And would it be better to show them really bad 1099s( as in I didn’t make even enough to pay taxes) or no 1099s? My income last year would not be enough to even cover the rent.

19. Keziah

Cam Model

I would just block out what it says and tell them it contains sensitive info, like your account number or something. Not sure exactly what it says, maybe you can even just block out part of it?

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  20. DaddyDominant

Of course they can discriminate based on your occupation. Camming isn't a protected class.

• Take a chill pill Take a chill pill x 1
  21. peacheepie

Cam Model

No need for snark. I've never heard of someone being told money isn't good because the landlord doesn't like their industry. I've always been asked to just show bank statements proving that I have a regular monthly income. A lot of places in the states I've lived in don't even ask for occupation. The 3 apartments I've lived in since being self-employed haven't asked my for my industry.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. SaffronBurke

Cam Model

I used to handle documents for people's mortgage applications, and some people would literally sharpie out everything except for the deposit amounts, so keep/eliminate whatever you're comfortable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. corpsekitten

Cam Model

Thank you :h: That’s a relief I was just picturing them googling MV productions xD

• Like Like x 1
  24. Zana

Cam Model

This is why I wish MV picked a better business name. “MV Productions” is such a tip off, especially compared to IWC’s “Pro Pay” (like that’s so broad :rock: )

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. corpsekitten

Cam Model

Applied for my first place today! They asked a ton of employment questions >.< Also, they’re the only company you can really rent through around here so if they deny our application we’re not gonna be able to apply anywhere else. I’m so nervous

• Hugs Hugs x 2
  26. CoffeeKnight

Good luck!

• Hugs Hugs x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. DaddyDominant

Its not snark, its a fact. Sorry if it came off negative or bashing, it wasn't meant that way.