AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music on Cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amberinfinity

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 6, 2015
Twitter Username
@jewelss_mfc
MFC Username
Jewelss_
What do you guys do to get the best sound for your background music?

I know some people run it straight from their computer so you can't hear their voice at all even if they would talk which I think would be good for some shows or circumstances. If anyone has advice to make this happen I would appreciate the feedback.

I have a little Bluetooth speaker but I would like to know what everyone else does because music is important to me so I want it to really be a part of my show.

I have regular desktop speakers hooked up to my laptop because my laptop's built-in speaker has butt quality and I'm a little obsessed with my music quality, even when not camming.

Reactions: fantasy707
I usually use a boombox type speaker that's across the room...not close to the cam/mic. That way it doesn't over power my voice or sound distorted. I also usually ask the first few people in my room if the sound is okay. lol

I always have music. I hook either a computer or my phone up to my home stereo system that's about 8 feet away from my mic and I've never had any complaints, and quite a few compliments on how it sounds.

I always have music. I hook either a computer or my phone up to my home stereo system that's about 8 feet away from my mic and I've never had any complaints, and quite a few compliments on how it sounds.

What sort of home stereo system do you have? I'm trying to talk the Mr Jane into getting one set up because when he listens to his jams on the echo it sounds like hot garbage.

What sort of home stereo system do you have? I'm trying to talk the Mr Jane into getting one set up because when he listens to his jams on the echo it sounds like hot garbage.

Lol for reals, it's a Sony that I bought for $10 cabinet included. It's ancient, it even has a tape deck but the fucker works like a dream. Been rockin it for like 10 years so anything Sony would probably be kick ass.

Lol for reals, it's a Sony that I bought for $10 cabinet included. It's ancient, it even has a tape deck but the fucker works like a dream. Been rockin it for like 10 years so anything Sony would probably be kick ass.
I knew I wouldn't have to break the bank!

• Funny!
Reactions: Dusty_Sparks
If you are using OBS and an external mic then you can run the audio through the desktop and have audio coming in form the mic, the only thing you need to watch out for when you do this is audio looping on the music (if your mic is picking up the music it's gonna play it twice) so you would ideally be looking at something like a shotgun mic where the pic up range is pretty narrow.

Reactions: Goldisnatch
I usually play it quietly through my smart TV, it has pretty decent quality and I can mess with Spotify through my phone! I like to think it's more for my benefit to keep myself entertained rather than a focal area for my viewers. 👻 Have definitely noticed that they prefer to hear me rather than my taste in music in my shows!

I'm a big fan of instrumental post-rock or electronica synth dreamy and heavenly sensation music. ever listen to echos on npr? my regular members call me the john diliberto of cam. i do also find myself playing a lot of tangerine dream too.

here some of my favorite playlists i have saved:

this playlist can get a little obscure and avant garde sounds but is still very chill.

Some hipster would pay you a fortune for that setup.

I was just looking for different kind of music to play in the background because I'm getting tired of always listening to Muse, Greta Van Fleet, Queen, Pink Floyd etc... I'm happy I've found your playlists! If you have more to share, I would love that! Thank you 💋

Reactions: AudriTwo
I have a Blue Yeti mic and I just stream music from my Amazon Echo Dot. No complaints here.

I'm a big fan of instrumental post-rock or electronica synth dreamy and heavenly sensation music. ever listen to echos on npr? my regular members call me the john diliberto of cam. i do also find myself playing a lot of tangerine dream too.

this playlist can get a little obscure and avant garde sounds but is still very chill.

I love this playlist.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Status
Not open for further replies.